Former Ajax Players

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo aug 03, 2008 9:03 pm

ajaxperu schreef:Very bad news. Sneijder injured his knee against Arsenal today and could be out of the fields for 6 months
I watched both games of the Emirates tourney this morning. Hamburg looked very good against Juventus. Van der Vaart didn't play one minute either today or yesterday. However, he did lead the team out to receive their first place medals.

The Sneijder challenge by Diaby was terrible and it's likely to be a torn ACL. I don't even think Diaby received a card.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma aug 04, 2008 5:04 am

I watched the reply of Arsenal v. Real Madrid tonight (10 to midnight) on Gol TV. I felt sick to my stomach after witnessing Diaby's tackle. That he wasn't even carded is a fucking travesty.

Best get well wishes to Wesley Sneijder !
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma aug 04, 2008 7:23 am

Hopefully Sneijder will be back soon, Diaby was very physical this whole match against Robinho, Baptista and then Sneijder. Douchebag.

Get well soon Wes!! :hupajax.gif:
Get a Cock

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma aug 04, 2008 7:56 am

I have said this so many times now it is nearly losing all meaning.

FIFA/UEFA - Need to get off their arses and introduce video replays of the games and issue retrospective bookings.

They can say all they want about the referee having the final say, but I am so sick of players getting away with this shit, or diving, or whatever.

Video replay, analyse the incident and then hand out a suspension according to the crime.

And I also think official time keepers should be in place, instead of the referee but thats another story :smallgrin.gif:

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » ma aug 04, 2008 9:29 am

Maybe it's time for Wenger to step up and give Diaby a ban for as long as Sneijder is injured :hypocrite.gif:

jamieem

Bericht door jamieem » ma aug 04, 2008 9:49 am

That's possibly the most unlikely thing ever...
pour le monde, pas pour la guerre

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma aug 04, 2008 1:58 pm

DanK schreef:I have said this so many times now it is nearly losing all meaning.

FIFA/UEFA - Need to get off their arses and introduce video replays of the games and issue retrospective bookings.

They can say all they want about the referee having the final say, but I am so sick of players getting away with this shit, or diving, or whatever.

Video replay, analyse the incident and then hand out a suspension according to the crime.
I think the national federations can probably do this on their own and bring the results to FIFA/UEFA. It would mean every match being video taped and then a prompt review (a good job for retired match officials). Maybe the KNVD can take the first step and do this!

Of course you will get some arguement from match officials that "big brother" is looking over their shoulder but in the end it should also raise the level of officiating.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma aug 04, 2008 2:40 pm

Don't Football Federations review the work of their referees anyway ? For example, where a sending off is concerned . No reason a tackle of the nature of Diaby's couldn't be reviewed as part of a general officiating review and ruled on. Heck , bans are handed down after incident reviews all the time.

As for feelings of big brother, TOO BAD. I simply want to see players receive a sentence that fits the crime.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma aug 04, 2008 2:47 pm

looks like Van der Vaart will go to Real for 15 million euros.
Get a Cock

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma aug 04, 2008 3:30 pm

Blind3 schreef: As for feelings of big brother, TOO BAD. I simply want to see players receive a sentence that fits the crime.
Exactly. I think I may have said this somewhere here before, but Aussie Rules Football used to be a ridiculous spectacle of violence. Players would litteraly be knocked-out behind play all the time.

The league finally said enough is enough and started to review every game, using different camera feeds that were never shown on tv to get the behind the scene play. And while the game still is very physical, it has toned down a great deal. The league is not afraid to hand down a 5 or 6 match ban, or longer if required.

A player soon learns to stop being a moron when he misses 2 or 3 months of the season. Well most of them anyway...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma aug 04, 2008 5:28 pm

DanK schreef: but Aussie Rules Football used to be a ridiculous spectacle of violence. Players would litteraly be knocked-out behind play all the time.
I don't know about locally but Aussie Rules was always colloqially known in the UK as "no rules" football. They actually show the games live here on Setanta so I've seen a few but have to admit I can't really understand much of whats happening.

When I was in Ireland a couple of years back they'd just banned the "international rules" game between Aussie and Gaelic football due to the unacceptable level of violence btw ( :smallgrin.gif: ) but not sure whether that was the Aussie's/Irish or both.

Anyway, I like the Collingwood jerseys.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma aug 04, 2008 6:02 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef: When I was in Ireland a couple of years back they'd just banned the "international rules" game between Aussie and Gaelic football due to the unacceptable level of violence btw ( :smallgrin.gif: ) but not sure whether that was the Aussie's/Irish or both.
Personally I am not a huge fan of Aussie Rules Football. It can be entertaining if you know the rules, but its a bit messy to watch, but that's just my opinion.

The International Rules b/w Ireland and Aust is a mixture of both as they are obviously unable to have a proper international as no-one else plays either sport. It's a stupid idea, rubbish to watch and as you said the Irish decided to stop playing as it was an excuse for violence (mainly from the "big tough Aussies AFL players" trying to show the 'world' how tough they are).

One thing that I do now find interesting with Australian Rules Football, was that for years they regarded soccer as a 'gay' sport, or a sport for 'pansies' due to all the hugging after a goal was scored, or the diving to win free kicks etc, but for the past 5 or so years there is as much man-love in AFL as any other sport, and even diving is starting to become nicely ingrained.

Who knows, maybe in a few more years they WILL be playing with a round ball, change the ground shape from oval to rectangle, get rid of those stupid goals where you score a point for missing the goal and put a net and goal keeper in :smallgrin.gif:

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma aug 04, 2008 7:13 pm

Two things from the Sky Sports News broadcast here at noon today. First, Real are saying the ligament damage isn't as bad as feared. They said that Wesley Sneijder will be out closer to three months than six . Also, the damge was reported to be of a type that doesn't require surgery. Second, The RvV to Real deal was reported as five years, 11+ million euros. Or, two point something million to Ajax.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 04, 2008 7:19 pm

According to newspaper Algemeen Dagblad Ajax will receive aproximately 1.5 million euros.

The maths behind it are not exactly clear: certain news sources claim that Ajax get 12.5% of the transfer fee. Other sources claim that Ajax get 20% of the part of the transfer fee above 5 million euros.

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma aug 04, 2008 9:15 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:According to newspaper Algemeen Dagblad Ajax will receive aproximately 1.5 million euros.

The maths behind it are not exactly clear: certain news sources claim that Ajax get 12.5% of the transfer fee. Other sources claim that Ajax get 20% of the part of the transfer fee above 5 million euros.

K.
I presume that you're talking about the Van der Vaart transfer, yes?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di aug 05, 2008 4:15 am

To quote Ed McMahon, " You are correct sir" !
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Marc Overmars

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo aug 10, 2008 10:57 pm

This is very remarkable news. It would be a perfect April Fool's Day Joke, except that it's nowhere near April 1st...

Here we go: Marc Overmars will play professional football again this season. Having been a Member of the Board for Go Ahead Eagles for three years, he will be in the club's first squad again this season. The reason: Overmars recently played his first match of competitive football in a few years (the Jaap Stam testimonial) and he appeared to be in very good shape. He made Ogararu look like a complete tit. This encouraged him to add a totally unexpected last chapter to his career as a footballer.

F*ck me. Amazing.

K.
Still alive...

Jeroen126

Bericht door Jeroen126 » ma aug 11, 2008 12:38 am

And a very good reason to travel to Deventer to see Go Ahead play. Very good to see one of my absolute boyhood heroes still going strong!!

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma aug 11, 2008 4:20 am

I LOVE OVERMARS.

What a legend, he's one of the greatest ever. This is terriffic for Go Ahead and the Eerste Divisie.

Go Marc go! :hupajax.gif:
Get a Cock

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 11, 2008 11:21 am

Winston Bogarde is returning as a coach.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » ma aug 11, 2008 5:23 pm

Overmars Makes Comeback

Former Arsenal and Barcelona winger Marc Overmars stopped playing professional football four years ago, but plans a comeback with Go Ahead Eagles..
According to De Stentor, Marc Overmars plans a comeback to professional football. The former Oranje international impressed during the Jaap Stam goodbye match against Ajax. His opponent George Ogararu was having a difficult evening against the retired winger.

Go Ahead Eagles manager Andries Ulderink asked Overmars to reconsider his retirement and the veteran winger decided to give it another try. “The Jaap Stam match was a surprise for me too; the speed is still there and everything went really easy.

“I’m retired for four years now and I train only once a week. But you can achieve a lot when you really want it. That’s what I want to add to the team together with my experience.”

35-year-old Overmars has worked as technical director for the Deventer side during the last three years and will probably combine his old job with his new one.

He revealed: “The main reason for my comeback is that I want to help the club, but it’s nice to play again too.”

The diminutive winger started his career in 1990 with Go Ahead Eagles and played for illustrious teams such as Ajax, Arsenal and Barcelona. He also made 86 international appearances.

His 40 million euros move from Arsenal to Barcelona in 2000 made Overmars the most expensive Dutch footballer ever.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 11, 2008 5:48 pm

SPL schreef:Winston Bogarde is returning as a coach.
Are you serious...? What's he gonna do?

K.
Still alive...

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » ma aug 11, 2008 5:50 pm

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma aug 11, 2008 6:33 pm

So we have a nice team of coaches now :

Bogarde - Blind - F. De Boer
Jonk - Winter - Rob Witschge
Bergkamp
Van't Schip - Van Basten - ???

Too bad both Van der Sar and Overmars aren't (really) retired yet...
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 11, 2008 7:22 pm

Given that Bogarde spent 4 years at chelsea not playing but training and taking the money he does not seem the ideal candidate to coach our kids.

PS We have a new Bogarde taking the money for nothing Luque.

Plaats reactie