Ajax jerseys, kit sponsors

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr jul 25, 2008 10:54 am

Dont mind it. Colours are nice enough and as Menno said I like that the logo is embroidered. Wish this was the same for the home shirt.

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » vr jul 25, 2008 3:14 pm

I agree, I think it looks like a training shirt. Like a lot of the away shirts, it looks too much like a basic template and has lots of design elements that seem to be just put on there for the sake of being there, not because they actually add anything. I guess it could be a lot more gaudy, so that is at least pleasing.

I was a fan of the black/red color scheme of the last few years, but like the return to a lighter blue like this.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » za jul 26, 2008 10:05 am

Juste revert the colors of this Anderlecht shirt, and you have our new away jersey. It was a at least a little bit more different with the vertical sponsor those last years.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » do aug 14, 2008 10:53 pm

Replying to my own post in a way...

I did some researching in trying to find the new shirt with authentic printing in the US. I came across one site I wish I would have found last year.

http://www.onionbag.com/

They currently have last year's shirt available with authentic printing for Stam. I sent them an email and they responded that they'll have this years shirt soon and are hoping to have authentic printing again. Figured I'd pass this information along in case anyone else was interested as well.
AFCA

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr aug 15, 2008 2:04 pm

Many thanks for this link. I'll wait until after the transfer window closes before deciding what name I want on the shirt. Don't want to jinx the club.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr aug 15, 2008 6:17 pm

Orange14 schreef:Many thanks for this link. I'll wait until after the transfer window closes before deciding what name I want on the shirt. Don't want to jinx the club.
Doesn't always work - my shirt from 2 years back has Rosenburg on it (I suppose at least it was current for 5 months....).\

I'm going for Oleguer on my away shirt, which I'll get from NL next week (I doubt he'll be gone by the end of August at least....)
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » vr nov 07, 2008 7:31 pm

Utterly meaningless question dept.: I noticed while watching yesterday's UEFA Cup match vs. Zilina that the Ajax home kit bore the trademark adidas triple-stripes on the sleeves and shorts, I think for the first time this season. Is this a "permanent" change?

Just wonderin'....
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr nov 07, 2008 7:36 pm

I think they always played with the triple stripes in Europe. I didn't payed too much attention to that this season, but that was the case the seasons before.

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » vr nov 07, 2008 7:43 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:I think they always played with the triple stripes in Europe. I didn't payed too much attention to that this season, but that was the case the seasons before.
Ah. That's what I thought.

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » vr nov 07, 2008 8:28 pm

Yeah, the 3 stripes I think started in 2001-02 for European games.

As a side note, there are quite a few of this season's shirts for sale on eBay from sellers in Thailand that are quite cheap (generally around $20 + shipping). I'm not sure if they are bootlegs or not, but I ordered one a few weeks back. I was pretty impressed with the quality (authentic name/number printing) and it seems authentic to me compared to the home shirt I bought last year from a reputable US seller.

I checked both shirts and the tags say they are made in Thailand, so it's possible someone is getting them cheap from the adidas factory and selling them or they're just good reproductions. May be worth checking out if anyone else is interested as the price is much more reasonable for a shirt with authentic printing.
AFCA

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo dec 10, 2008 11:48 am

I was out on Sunday so just got around to looking at the Volendam game this morning. I see Kenneth has a new shirt - and it's horrid, sky blue with red highlights :crazy.gif:

Perhaps we should start a new discussion on the worst Ajax kits ever - this is right up there with horrid 1997 grey and red monstrosity in my book (with the corresponding home kit not far behind)!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo dec 10, 2008 4:21 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:I was out on Sunday so just got around to looking at the Volendam game this morning. I see Kenneth has a new shirt - and it's horrid, sky blue with red highlights :crazy.gif:

Perhaps we should start a new discussion on the worst Ajax kits ever - this is right up there with horrid 1997 grey and red monstrosity in my book (with the corresponding home kit not far behind)!
That Champions League away jersey from a few years ago -- the yellow one with the skid mards -- was pretty heinous.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » wo dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:I was out on Sunday so just got around to looking at the Volendam game this morning. I see Kenneth has a new shirt - and it's horrid, sky blue with red highlights :crazy.gif:

If you include goalie shirts, it's going to be a long list, they usually look like crap, at least color-wise, but that's the nature of it. Here's a few to get started.

Yeah, the skidmark jersey isn't one of the best...

Afbeelding

I think a lot of people might dislike this one, although I think it fits the style of the time
Afbeelding

This one not so much, one of my least favorites...
Afbeelding

I've never been a fan of the faintly printed multiple Ajax logos in the background either. This one seems to be the best/worst example of that style...
Afbeelding

I've generally liked the kits over the last few years and like the blue in the away kit, which was used in the 70's too.
AFCA

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo dec 10, 2008 7:25 pm

gordonvandekamp schreef:Here's a few to get started.

Yeah, the skidmark jersey isn't one of the best...
I can't believe you lot ccontinue to malign that classic yellow kit. It's actually one of my favourites and I wear it quite a lot.

Totally with you on that last one, though as above I dislike the grey away version more.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo dec 10, 2008 7:38 pm

I had the blue/white/red whatever it is one from the early 90s. Loved it at the time, but there is no way I would wear it again.

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » wo dec 10, 2008 10:39 pm

Yeah, those are pretty heedjus, though I don't think the yellow "skid marks" jersey is anywhere near as nearly as bad as those others.

I was never a big fan of the black and "wavy" red away kits of recent vintage (http://bp2.blogger.com/_g-Ylxb54NUc/Rrp ... 07Away.png). Nor, alas, did I like the ones they wore in the 95 CL (http://www.znanje.org/i/i22/02iv02/02iv ... ioni95.jpg).

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo dec 10, 2008 11:56 pm

A bit off-topic but speaking of ugly shirts : Feyenoord presented the new shirts for next season on Monday (here), and they're so ugly that it was announced today they will make new ones... :drecul.gif:

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » do dec 11, 2008 12:00 am

Wow... those really ARE ugly.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do dec 11, 2008 3:15 am

Feyenoord and ugly go together like peanut butter and jelly. The shirts are hideous also.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do dec 11, 2008 8:45 am

Cedric_AeF schreef:A bit off-topic but speaking of ugly shirts : Feyenoord presented the new shirts for next season on Monday (here), and they're so ugly that it was announced today they will make new ones... :drecul.gif:
Ooh yeah, they are a bit naff :smallgrin.gif: . What's with the whalebone stripes? I know it's difficult to do an individual design with red and white halves but that's horrid.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do dec 11, 2008 9:39 am

In general, kit sponsors should think of an interesting away kit. The classic home kits only allow limited 'creativity' when it comes to the design. Those home kits are fucking hideous.

K.
Still alive...

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » do dec 11, 2008 4:52 pm

I pretty much agree with Ko in regards to design, leave the away or 3rd kit for really cocking up.

But yeah, those Feyenoord jerseys are really bad, pretty fitting I guess.
AFCA

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di feb 10, 2009 5:10 pm

Check this auction on eBay. It's a size M, but this is not a replica. This is a real one.

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di feb 10, 2009 8:19 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:It's a size M, but this is not a replica. This is a real one.

K.
How do you tell Menno. I've got quite a few Ajax shirts but not this one (they are very expensive) but am interested in what the difference is between this one and a replica.

The seller doesn't seem aware btw, but that wouldn't be a first. I got a players shirt a while back, the grey away kit from around 1997. Definately not a replica and I paid about £7.00 for it.......

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di feb 10, 2009 9:21 pm

If anyone's interested this is likely a matchworn shirt as well. Best way to tell with this one is the neck label - the replica had the Umbro "Replikit" label and a smaller label behind but this shirt just seems to have the one. Everyone's favourite kit as well :smallgrin.gif:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vintage-Umbro-Aja ... 240%3A1318

Plaats reactie