Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Snyde

Bericht door Snyde » wo aug 20, 2008 6:31 am

In Madrid, Schuster really wants to buy another striker who could be a backup for Ruud this season and replace him the next. Since Villa is unobtainable most think the obvious choice is KJH. But their president doesn't want to buy anyone else.

While if Berbatov's deal doesn't pull through one of the first target for ManU seems to be KJH. If Berb does go some suspect Spurs will bid for KJH but this is only speculation. Arsenal though hasn't been linked with him.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo aug 20, 2008 11:10 am

Kowalczyk schreef: Exactly. At this point the keyword is very short and simple: "no".
Ajax may have the same answer when it comes to buy that extra-defender they're looking for...
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 20, 2008 12:11 pm

I think the talk of MAN U still going forKJH is just to get the Berbatov deal to go through. Spurs coach wants him out so he can buy a replacement asap.

I am like all of you 2004 and Zlatan going at 23.00 hours on 31 st August haunts me.

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » wo aug 20, 2008 10:14 pm

Manchester United also leaked a ridiculous story that they were considering making an offer for Thiery Henry. These stories are just designed to put pressure on 'Spurs. Spurs are doing the right thing in holding out for the money they want, but I'll still be amazed if Berbatov isn't reading a copy of 'Cheshire Property Weekly' right about now. Alderley Edge is very nice.

However, the story from Real Madrid is a great deal more serious. I hope Ajax have a replacement lined up.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo aug 20, 2008 10:30 pm

Did Ajax pay around 7 millions just to put Cvitanich on the bench ?
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 25, 2008 11:22 am

Ajax have said that they will sell KJH for a minimum 35m euros. Hopefully this will put off Moan U and Real from making a bid later this week.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma aug 25, 2008 3:07 pm

SPL schreef:Ajax have said that they will sell KJH for a minimum 35m euros. Hopefully this will put off Moan U and Real from making a bid later this week.
Agree, because the last thing we need is to unload him days before the season starts.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » ma aug 25, 2008 7:12 pm

Apparently Real has mid 45M Euros for David Villa. I thought Villa had committed himself to Valencia, but that amount of money may change things. Valencia has rejected the offer, but is still meeting with Real and Villa's agent tomorrow.

If this goes through, I think we'll see Huntelaar stay for sure this season. I get the feeling Man U isn't that interested even if they don't get Berbatov. There could still be trouble if it doesn't as Robinho still wants to leave and Real will likely be looking at another striker if he does.
AFCA

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma aug 25, 2008 7:55 pm

gordonvandekamp schreef:Apparently Real has mid 45M Euros for David Villa. I thought Villa had committed himself to Valencia, but that amount of money may change things. Valencia has rejected the offer, but is still meeting with Real and Villa's agent tomorrow.

If this goes through, I think we'll see Huntelaar stay for sure this season. I get the feeling Man U isn't that interested even if they don't get Berbatov. There could still be trouble if it doesn't as Robinho still wants to leave and Real will likely be looking at another striker if he does.
If a club were to offer 45 million for Huntelaar, then I would be disappointed if we don't sell him.

But I have a feeling it won't happen.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Snyde

Bericht door Snyde » di aug 26, 2008 7:12 am

Real offered a 25 mil. bid for KJH a few days back. (acc. to Voetball) Surely they wouldn't go beyond 30 for him. And there's a significant difference between KJH and Villa. So don't expect 45 mil. anytime soon.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di aug 26, 2008 11:22 am

The Daily Mail on Saturday stated we turned down 25m euros from Real last week but the club have confirmed they have had no bids.

If we get a bid of 35 m euros this week i feel we would have to accept it. 25 m and I would say no.

Roll on next Monday at midnight.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di aug 26, 2008 11:38 am

SPL schreef:The Daily Mail on Saturday stated we turned down 25m euros from Real last week but the club have confirmed they have had no bids.

If we get a bid of 35 m euros this week i feel we would have to accept it. 25 m and I would say no.

Roll on next Monday at midnight.

I think that it just isn't about the pounds, shillings and pence SPL. I believe that a major part is KJH's state of mind. If this guy wants to move on and the club block it because the money isn't right by their valuation, then KJH could be pissed off and his perfornces drop and also he could have a negative impact on the rest of the squad.
I am not saying that this would be the case as I believe that the man has always acted in a very professional way but it is a possibility.

An interesting scenario to say the least at the moment especially as MvB has made it clear he woants KJH to stay.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di aug 26, 2008 2:13 pm

KJH is an important part of the team, but I don't think that he's as crucial as Sneijder was, particularly this season with Sulejmani, Suarez and Cvitanich.

Nonetheless, playing with guys like Suarez and Aissatti will surely help him score even more goals than he did last year.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » di aug 26, 2008 4:25 pm

I agree with both of the above posts. I don't think even if he wants to go and Ajax don't let him this season his performance will drop, at least intentionally. Teams aren't exactly clamoring for him right now (all we have are rumors and that clubs are "interested"). It's in his best interest to continue to perform at a top level to attract more interest and make those clubs really go for him over the other available strikers. I think he knows that and apart from it, is committed to Ajax for at least this season.

I also agree Sneijder was more important to the team, and better as a player when he left than Huntelaar is at this point. Although I feel pretty comfortable that Huntelaar should give us at least 25 goals, I feel confident in the rest of the squad's attacking qualities that they could step up.
AFCA

Vedette-10-

Bericht door Vedette-10- » di aug 26, 2008 4:35 pm

I think he isn't gonna make it to the magical 35 goals line, because the isn't build to optimise Huntelaar.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di aug 26, 2008 5:49 pm

5 days and counting. In the words of my favorite band, the waiting drove me mad !
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di aug 26, 2008 7:14 pm

Blind3 schreef:5 days and counting. In the words of my favorite band, the waiting drove me mad !
In the words of the Dalai Lama - if you cannot do anything about it .............. why worry :hypocrite.gif:
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di aug 26, 2008 7:15 pm

Reports state Real wont bid for him.

Man U still want Berbatov and may well leave it too late if they want to make a late bid for KJH.

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » di aug 26, 2008 8:04 pm

... but reports also say Tottenham are ready to offer 25M euros for him if Berbatov goes to Man Utd, so who knows what the hell will happen.
Portland Timbers FC - AFC Ajax - Southampton FC

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 27, 2008 12:06 am

I thought he would only leave us for a big club ??

WP_Legend

Bericht door WP_Legend » wo aug 27, 2008 6:09 am

AjaxPDX schreef:... but reports also say Tottenham are ready to offer 25M euros for him if Berbatov goes to Man Utd, so who knows what the hell will happen.
it seems Pavliuchenko is their target and not Klaas!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 27, 2008 8:58 pm

Valencia evidently offered 14m euros last week.As Ajax state no official bid has been made I imagine this was a joke bid!

Spurs have now realised that at £20m and upwards KJH is too expensive.

I suppose now that Villa is staying at Valencia the paper rumours will be selling him to Real again.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo aug 27, 2008 9:21 pm

WP_LeGeNd schreef:
AjaxPDX schreef:... but reports also say Tottenham are ready to offer 25M euros for him if Berbatov goes to Man Utd, so who knows what the hell will happen.
it seems Pavliuchenko is their target and not Klaas!
Well in one of the London free papers (can't remember which one) it said that even though they've now signed Pavliuchenko they are are still after KjH. I can't honestly see him going to Spurs though.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do aug 28, 2008 3:34 am

I heard that Arshavin's price had dropped a bit . to around 18 million euros ( from a Sky Sports News report) . Maybe Tottenham will get two Russians for the price of , uh, 4. Damn salaries r ridiculous.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di sep 02, 2008 12:57 am

Someone please tell me if I read right. Ajax Netwerk is running an Algemeen Dagblad piece which indicates that two high profile , names unmentioned in the article, clubs had bids around 40 mill for KJH and we didn't bite due to the last minute time line. That is , lesson learned from the Zlatan fiasco.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Gesloten