New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo aug 24, 2008 1:02 am

Vedette-10 schreef: he was called the worst Celtic player ever
Hmm, the worst ever seems a little extreme, I'm no expert on Celtic squads, past or present but I'd have thought several of Lou Macari's signings in the early '90's, not to mention any others would better fit that description....[/i]
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » zo aug 24, 2008 7:50 am

Vedette-10 schreef:I'm worried, because even in the plump Scotish competition he was called the worst Celtic player ever. I knew that his locomotion wasn't ideal, but this sounds very bad. I hope that he can use his strength well and that he will be a mainstay for the weak defense. Let's hope for the best!
Utter and complete shite - I have sat over the last few days and read many comments posters on this board who seem to know all about what Celtic fans are thinking and saying about the Sno transfer and I have never read so much fuckin bullshit in all my life.

As someone who comes from a family back in Scotland with a fair number of Celtic supporters in it and has a number of mates here in Amsterdam who support the hoops, not one has called Sno crap or the worst player ever to dons the Cetic strip.

The vast majority I have spoken to - you I do speak to celtic fans and not make it up in my head - reckon Sno has the potential to become a good player but not at Celtic where he was never given a real chance under the system Strachan plays. They all admit he has had a few bad games but then again what player hasnt.

If you talk of bad Celtic players then I would talk about Wayne Biggins, Martin Hayes, Raphael Schidt - if you dont know who they are go look them up.

It seems to be that Sno has been condemned before he has even kicked a ball for the club, is this another example of the so called Ajax supporters making up their minds on someone before they see them play.

Maybe Ajax supporters need to have a reality check here - we are not a big club anymore - not on world terms, european terms or even eredivisie terms until we start winning trophies again domestically and then in europe. At the moment we are a club going fuckin nowhere and the results over the last few years means we are not going to attract many big name players no matter how much fuckin cash we offer.

First thing we have to do is to reclaim the Eredvisie title and if Evander Sno plays a part in this then that is all well and good by me.

Rant over, now I am away to help Ko move house :ajaxsmiley.gif:
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Vedette-10-

Bericht door Vedette-10- » zo aug 24, 2008 8:52 am

nothing
Laatst gewijzigd door Vedette-10- op wo dec 30, 2009 6:46 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo aug 24, 2008 11:22 am

jamcocteau schreef: Wayne Biggins
..as I said, though I decided to be generous and not mention Bertie by name he definately stands out, even from Macari's other signings for all the wrong reasons......

dws

Bericht door dws » zo aug 24, 2008 12:18 pm

jamcocteau schreef:
Vedette-10 schreef:I'm worried, because even in the plump Scotish competition he was called the worst Celtic player ever. I knew that his locomotion wasn't ideal, but this sounds very bad. I hope that he can use his strength well and that he will be a mainstay for the weak defense. Let's hope for the best!
Utter and complete shite - I have sat over the last few days and read many comments posters on this board who seem to know all about what Celtic fans are thinking and saying about the Sno transfer and I have never read so much fuckin bullshit in all my life.

As someone who comes from a family back in Scotland with a fair number of Celtic supporters in it and has a number of mates here in Amsterdam who support the hoops, not one has called Sno crap or the worst player ever to dons the Cetic strip.

The vast majority I have spoken to - you I do speak to celtic fans and not make it up in my head - reckon Sno has the potential to become a good player but not at Celtic where he was never given a real chance under the system Strachan plays. They all admit he has had a few bad games but then again what player hasnt.

If you talk of bad Celtic players then I would talk about Wayne Biggins, Martin Hayes, Raphael Schidt - if you dont know who they are go look them up.

It seems to be that Sno has been condemned before he has even kicked a ball for the club, is this another example of the so called Ajax supporters making up their minds on someone before they see them play.

Maybe Ajax supporters need to have a reality check here - we are not a big club anymore - not on world terms, european terms or even eredivisie terms until we start winning trophies again domestically and then in europe. At the moment we are a club going fuckin nowhere and the results over the last few years means we are not going to attract many big name players no matter how much fuckin cash we offer.

First thing we have to do is to reclaim the Eredvisie title and if Evander Sno plays a part in this then that is all well and good by me.

Rant over, now I am away to help Ko move house :ajaxsmiley.gif:

When reading vedette's post the first name that came to mind was Wayne Biggins. :biggrin.gif: Oh, and while on the subject of truly pish Celtic players ....... I give you Anton Rogan. :drecul.gif:

Sno's a decent player but I would have prefered a couple of good footballing defenders and some backup for Aissati.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo aug 24, 2008 6:18 pm

No one fits the definition of Scheidt better than Rafael Scheidt. Apt name for the player.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » zo aug 24, 2008 7:45 pm

Vedette-10 schreef:It was just what I heared. Even as that the Celtic supporters sarcasticly welcome every good simple pass of him and that the Glasgow supporters welcomed his insertion in the match. Is this also wrong?
Have often seen Celtic games over here in amsterdam on box and cant say I noticed this behaviour from the Celtic fans towards Sno, I know a few didnt rate him but a lot of other felt he never stood a chance under system Strachan played.

Being very honest with you the Sno transfer did not rate as a great talking point amongst many Celtic fans because on the same day Shaun Maloney as ex Celtic player returned back to Parkhead from Aston Villa.

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » zo aug 24, 2008 7:48 pm

dws schreef:
Sno's a decent player but I would have prefered a couple of good footballing defenders and some backup for Aissati.
Totally agree we still do need proper defenders but looking back at the games in the tournament a few weeks back we definitely miss a midfielder who sits in front of the defence, now wether Sno can fulfill this role remains to be seen.

Just think the lad should be allowed to play before he is ripped to pieces by the other Ajax fans

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » ma aug 25, 2008 3:21 am

jamcocteau schreef:

Just think the lad should be allowed to play before he is ripped to pieces by the other Ajax fans
I agree, give the guy a chance, he has to be better than Colin! I think that people will never give him a fair shake since he used to play for Feyenoord even though he came through our youth system.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » do aug 28, 2008 9:28 pm

Word going around Belgium is that Ajax may bid for Standard Liege/U.S. defender Oguchi Onyewu, but... he has already received offers from a top Spanish, top French and English club.

Doesn't sound hopeful to me.
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do aug 28, 2008 9:52 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:Word going around Belgium is that Ajax may bid for Standard Liege/U.S. defender Oguchi Onyewu, but... he has already received offers from a top Spanish, top French and English club.

"Gooch" would be nice...but his style of play just shouts Premiership material...
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do aug 28, 2008 9:53 pm

"Gooch" wasn't a revelation at Newcastle, but he is definitely a massive 6'5" presence in the center of a back line. I've seen him play several times for the USA and watched the two legs of the Standard Liege v. Liverpool tie on the net. He and the other center back, Sarr, played quite well. Likewise Steven Defour.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do aug 28, 2008 10:06 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:
bluedaddy19 schreef:Word going around Belgium is that Ajax may bid for Standard Liege/U.S. defender Oguchi Onyewu, but... he has already received offers from a top Spanish, top French and English club.

"Gooch" would be nice...but his style of play just shouts Premiership material...
Gooch wasn't very good with Newcastle, but then again it was Newcastle, so who knows.

I personally would love it if he came to Ajax.

Afbeelding
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do aug 28, 2008 10:28 pm

Interesting! About a month ago I was thinking that he would be a good pick up for Ajax, real tough defender but prone to foul. Main problem is that he is so big and strong that opponents flop against him and the official thinks that Gooch is the culprit. He's quite talented and I think could start at one of the two central defense spots for this team.

As far as I know he has not received any concrete offers and now that Liege is bounced out of CL he may realy want to move on. I watched the Liverpool match yesterday hoping Liege would steal a goal in regulation to win it. As everyone knows it was Dutch power that saved the day for Liverpool.

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » do aug 28, 2008 10:46 pm

I think he would be a good addition too, and would definitely be the Stam type we're looking for. I also think he could learn a lot and move on in a few years a much better player.

His name hasn't really ever come up before, as far as I know, as a target for Ajax. I think at this point he's looking to move higher up the ladder than Ajax, and to a bigger club in Spain/England or Germany even.
AFCA

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » do aug 28, 2008 11:21 pm

Orange14 schreef: As far as I know he has not received any concrete offers and now that Liege is bounced out of CL he may realy want to move on.

He now has 3 offers; one from a "big" La Liga club, one of Lyon/Marseille/Monaco and Prem team... with probably more on the way. After last night, he's a hot ticket item.

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » vr aug 29, 2008 8:03 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef: He now has 3 offers; one from a "big" La Liga club, one of Lyon/Marseille/Monaco and Prem team.
Source??

I'd love to see Gooch at Ajax.
Portland Timbers FC - AFC Ajax - Southampton FC

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » za aug 30, 2008 8:48 am

AjaxPDX schreef:
bluedaddy19 schreef: He now has 3 offers; one from a "big" La Liga club, one of Lyon/Marseille/Monaco and Prem team.
Source??

I'd love to see Gooch at Ajax.

http://www.soccer365.com/us_news/story_28808210549.php

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » zo aug 31, 2008 10:05 pm

A certain Mr Owen appears to be on offer for £2 million. One of the biggest problems is though that he appears to be more injury prone than Mitea.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma sep 01, 2008 6:08 pm

We have signed Eyong Enoh from Cape Town Ajax. He is a midfielder born in Cameroon 23/03/86.He has been on trial and will be joining our reserves

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma sep 01, 2008 8:49 pm

I read that we had signed a Camerounian and was praying it was Roger Milla. Even in his late 50's or early 60's, he could help our lot. :ajaxsmiley.gif:
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma sep 01, 2008 9:05 pm

SPL schreef:We have signed Eyong Enoh from Cape Town Ajax. He is a midfielder born in Cameroon 23/03/86.He has been on trial and will be joining our reserves
I saw that. There's a brief article and photo here http://www.ajaxct.co.za/index.php?optio ... 7&Itemid=1

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma sep 01, 2008 10:27 pm

Any sight of a defender arriving at the last minute?
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » vr sep 26, 2008 7:42 pm

word out of germany is that we are one of the teams chasing japan olympic right winger uchida, and that psc is also interested

i love this kid, he'd fit in our system perfectly

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za okt 04, 2008 9:58 am

Ajax will be without Maarten Stekelen and Dennis Gentenaar for a while. Kenneth Vermeer will be the number one man in the upcoming months, but if something happens to him we will have a major problem. That's why Ajax want to land an experienced, 'unemployed' goalkeeper.

The club are looking into the options. In today's Algemeen Dagblad Danny Blind reveals that goalkeepers are actually applying for the job: "We'll be without Stekelenburg and Gentenaar for up to six weeks and people are contacting me spontaneously. I've received text messages from foreign goalkeeper who would love to join us, so we have the position to take some time and think about it."

K.
Still alive...

Plaats reactie