Grab Bag Of Random Posts

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » vr aug 15, 2008 6:21 pm

dws schreef: Which game were you watching? Twente played some high quality football and deserved much more from the match. Once N'kuffo is back in the starting eleven (he was serving the first of a two match euro ban in the Arsenal game) Twente will be a force to be reckoned with.

The same one you were I think :confused.gif:. Twente looked good in the first half, but I didn't think so much in the second. They seemed to lose it especially after the first goal, and Adebayor's goal really made them look bad. Both seemed to be very poor positioning. Twente played physical, which seemed to be the only way to compete, but I think they really were overpowered in the second half. Maybe McClaren was only commenting on the first half and not the full 90.

I agree things would have been different if Kufo played, they didn't have anyone who could finish. I still don't think Twente will do much in the Eredivisie this year. They're strong defensively (I really like Douglas), but I think they're weak in midfield. We'll see what happens, but I think McClaren will run them into the ground.
AFCA

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr aug 15, 2008 6:25 pm

jamcocteau schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:He sounds like the Dutch guy in Austin Powers... :biggrin.gif:

K.
Aye, but the guy in Austin Powers does sound like you Cloggies mate :blush.gif:
and here's Harry Enfield's Dutch Policemen :smallgrin.gif: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRfluaMKoOY
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo aug 20, 2008 10:52 pm

Ok, just got back from three days in Amsterdam and can confirm that Concerto Records is indeed a great shop. :hupajax.gif: I bought about 6 CD's there, all stuff that I can't get here in London.

I managed to get to see a game as well, and a new ground for me, NEC Nijmegen played Espanyol last night and drew 1-1. NEC looked poor but according to the guys I met on the train back to Amsterdam they had at least half a reserve team out and their number one keeper Babos is at the Olympics with Hungary. Espanyol just looked very very dirty - De La Pena was sent off for blatently shoving an NEC player off the ball in the NEC penalty box.

Went to Ajax training this morning as well - unlike some training sessiosn I've seen it wasn't terribly entertaining to watch but I did get some good pictures - I'll try and post some here later.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do aug 21, 2008 4:36 pm

OK, so I said I'd post some photo's from training yesterday - here they are. They've put some strange transparent green plastic sheeting all around the training pitch to stop people taking pictures from all around the pitch but there are some places you can still stand. I've put some of the NEC game on here as well. Hope you like them.....

http://s322.photobucket.com/albums/nn402/se6ajacied/

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » do aug 21, 2008 4:43 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:They've put some strange transparent green plastic sheeting all around the training pitch to stop people taking pictures from all around the pitch
It's for the wind...

Thanks for the picture.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do aug 21, 2008 5:03 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:
SE6Ajacied schreef:They've put some strange transparent green plastic sheeting all around the training pitch to stop people taking pictures from all around the pitch
It's for the wind...

Thanks for the picture.
Ah, that might explain it too - a shame they can't have have clear sheeting in that case? They always have a few people with cameras there but I did think it was a total over-reaction if it was just for that.

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » do aug 21, 2008 5:07 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:OK, so I said I'd post some photo's from training yesterday - here they are. They've put some strange transparent green plastic sheeting all around the training pitch to stop people taking pictures from all around the pitch but there are some places you can still stand. I've put some of the NEC game on here as well. Hope you like them.....

http://s322.photobucket.com/albums/nn402/se6ajacied/
Cool pictures, thanks for sharing.
AFCA

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za aug 23, 2008 9:50 pm

I just spotted Cedric's new tagline so wondered who this Lucas Boke fellow is. Anyway, we've not discussed it on here but the guy seems a real case, he's threatening legal action for the return of his and his daughters entry to the Inter game at the Amsterdam tournament as he says he shouldn't be paying 110 Euro's to watch a C team play. He decided to go to AT5 (local TV) as well so now the whole of Amsterdam knows and he's getting a real pasting, especially as it seems all of this could just be about publicity for his business.

You can read all about it (in Dutch) here http://www.ajax1.nl/?q=taxonomy/term/1245 or if like me it would take you half the evening to read a page of Dutch, this link should be the translated version (through Google) http://translate.google.co.uk/translate ... GB267GB267

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » zo aug 24, 2008 12:11 am

As you mention this case, just to express my point of view :

- You pay a ticket to watch Ajax, a club of football (the guy did a ridiculous comparison with a concert orchestra...) where there are more than 50 players contracted, that may all be able to play in the first eleven of the first team depending on the circumstances.

- There's only 1 guy who can really judge what is the best eleven, and that's the coach, not a dumb so-called supporter. And in my opinion, most of the time, the best eleven is composed with the fittest players. I wonder if you can also ask your money back if you think you're watching tired players...

- I find it really disrespectful to call the Ajax team that played against Inter a "C-team" : 15 out of the 16 players that played were from the first team.

- If a guy is asking his money back because he didn't see the players he wanted to see during that game, can you ask your money back because Sulejmani wasn't a starter against Arsenal ? Or is it different ?

- Now, he can whine that he receives threats etc., I call that the reward for being stupid (or let's say it's one extrem to the other...)

I can understand he is bitter, but you should know that you're taking a huge risk when you pay 55€ for a place to watch a friendly (that says a lot already I guess), the next day after a big game.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo aug 24, 2008 12:21 am

Cedric_AeF schreef:As you mention this case, just to express my point of view :

- You pay a ticket to watch Ajax, a club of football (the guy did a ridiculous comparison with a concert orchestra...) where there are more than 50 players contracted, that may all be able to play in the first eleven of the first team depending on the circumstances.

- There's only 1 guy who can really judge what is the best eleven, and that's the coach, not a dumb so-called supporter. And in my opinion, most of the time, the best eleven is composed with the fittest players. I wonder if you can also ask your money back if you think you're watching tired players...

- I find it really disrespectful to call the Ajax team that played against Inter a "C-team" : 15 out of the 16 players that played were from the first team.

- If a guy is asking his money back because he didn't see the players he wanted to see during that game, can you ask your money back because Sulejmani wasn't a starter against Arsenal ? Or is it different ?

- Now, he can whine that he receives threats etc., I call that the reward for being stupid (or let's say it's one extrem to the other...)

I can understand he is bitter, but you should know that you're taking a huge risk when you pay 55€ for a place to watch a friendly (that says a lot already I guess), the next day after a big game.
Pretty much agree with that - the guy just seems like a major self-publicist from what I've seen of it. That Ajax1 website is a new one on me btw, but some interesting points for discussion. Seeing as I saw it on there I'll also congratulate Gabri on the new addition to his family.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo aug 27, 2008 8:34 pm

This is really silly, but also a sign of the times in the ever more commercial world of football

Stadium ban prompts comic strip

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7584355.stm

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo aug 31, 2008 2:08 pm

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo aug 31, 2008 3:20 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:No comment necessary :biggrin.gif:

http://www.maxim.co.uk/inbox/videoclips ... ckout.html
:drecul.gif:

*LOL* For a second I hoped he was dead... But alas, he appeared to be moving.

K.
Still alive...

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » zo aug 31, 2008 5:44 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:
It's for the wind...
It's for the wind! Could their imposed diet cause this, and be the cause of yesterday's debacle in Tilburg???

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma sep 01, 2008 12:58 am

It's as good an excuse as any. Too early for the fixture congestion excuse to rear its head.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma sep 01, 2008 2:03 pm

I have always found Ernst Bouwes to be a very perceptive critic of football. Today's column is quite instructive on the troubles going on with the sales of young talent. See:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/st ... s2&cc=5901

for the column on ESPN SoccerNet. Some rather caustic comments on Drenthe, Sno and Maduro

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma sep 01, 2008 9:00 pm

Orange14 schreef:I have always found Ernst Bouwes to be a very perceptive critic of football. Today's column is quite instructive on the troubles going on with the sales of young talent. See:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/st ... s2&cc=5901

for the column on ESPN SoccerNet. Some rather caustic comments on Drenthe, Sno and Maduro
Interesting article - cheers for that Orange14.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo sep 10, 2008 7:52 am

I know it's all my fault (I started the whole Twin Peaks conversation), but hey: let's keep the forum tidy :hypocrite.gif:

I've decided to re-post all of the TV series chatter in this thread, and remove it from the Young Ajax thread...

Here we go!
Kowalczyk schreef:I ended up not going, after all...

It started to rain, so we decided to watch a few Twin Peaks episodes instead...

K.
Orange14 schreef:Twin Peaks??? Is it still popular over there??
Kowalczyk schreef:Not especially - it's just me, really.

Thing is: I never watch TV, so I miss pretty much everything. I was 15 years old when Twin Peaks was on TV back in 1990. Everybody at school talked about it, but I had totally different things on my mind back then (Ajax matches, indie rock gigs, beer and chicks, really; I enjoyed shitloads of the first three, but very little of the latter - and oh yeah, I also fought a lot), so I never saw a single episode.

My sister bought the whole series on DVD a while ago (it was on sale: 10 euros for the whole set, seasons 1 and 2 in their entirety) and she passed it on to me. And I was like: hey, why not, it's supposed to be pretty great.

And it is, I must say. Love it.

Me and TV series... I'm always at least a few years behind. Last year I watched the Sopranos (and loved it), a few years after the rest of the world watched it. Now I've discovered Twin Peaks. What's next? Star Trek? The Dukes of Hazzard? :smallgrin.gif:

I watch old series on DVD, so I miss everything that's on TV now, etc. etc. This will keep me busy until I die.

:smallgrin.gif:

K.
Jeroen427 schreef:Might want to watch Heroes, Ko. Started with it saturday and have watched the amazing number of 13 episodes (40 minutes each). Have been staying up late because of it :blush.gif:
Kowalczyk schreef:Heroes... Yeah, I know.

People are pushing DVD box sets in my hands all the time. My mates want me to watch 24 and Heroes, Deadwood, Lost and a few others have been recommended to me... I'll see what I can do for you, Sir.

K.
DanK schreef:Def watch Heroes. Great series.
gordonvandekamp schreef:Watch out for the Log Lady!

:smallgrin.gif:
SE6Ajacied schreef:OK so seeing as we're talking TV, those from NZ and Oz excepted, has anyone else seen Outrageous Fortune? I know it's been shown in a few countries other than NZ where it's made.

I got into it when I bought the first series on NZ DVD second-hand for £1.99 (13 episodes of anything for £1.99 looked like a bargain to me :blush.gif: ) and series 3 has just arrived through my letterbox fresh from down under today. Maybe it's just me but I just think it's hilarious - first series especially.
Blind3 schreef:Deadwood kicks ass !
K.
Still alive...

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » do sep 11, 2008 5:10 am

Fall comes early to SoCal this year! :liberty.gif:
Afbeelding

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do sep 11, 2008 2:01 pm

Congrats Dubbel. Meanwhile, my Astros are performing WAY above expectation and may make the postseason yet. Even if they don't deserve to.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » vr sep 12, 2008 3:59 am

Thanks! It's been an amazing season for the Angels thus far. Bit of luck here and there as well but nobody wins a division on luck alone. Our post-season hopes are as good as any of the other teams so October here we come. Watch K-Rod next week as he competes for Thigpen's old record. Best of luck to the Stros trying to catch Milwaukee.

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » vr sep 12, 2008 7:03 am

Hey friends, long time no chat.

I've been busy... started a new job on Monday, working in downtown San Francisco, right near the Federal Building and the Transamerica tower. All the flags at the Fed were flying at half mast, because, well, it's September 11. You could not have had more perfect weather than we had today, and that's the way it was in NYC seven years ago.

When I got home tonight, I re-read the Sept 11 page on Ajax USA, and man, it all came back so strong...

I don't care how badly George W and his cronies have tried to f*ck it up. America is still a great place. (You have to forgive me a touch of defiant patriotism, today.)

Peace.
Mark it 8, Dude.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr sep 12, 2008 11:41 am

ajaxusa schreef:Hey friends, long time no chat.

I've been busy... started a new job on Monday, working in downtown San Francisco, right near the Federal Building and the Transamerica tower. All the flags at the Fed were flying at half mast, because, well, it's September 11. You could not have had more perfect weather than we had today, and that's the way it was in NYC seven years ago.

When I got home tonight, I re-read the Sept 11 page on Ajax USA, and man, it all came back so strong...

I don't care how badly George W and his cronies have tried to f*ck it up. America is still a great place. (You have to forgive me a touch of defiant patriotism, today.)

Peace.
You are forgiven mate.

My 2 cents. America has this shit name overseas. The current government has tried its best to destroy the US from the inside, but despite this, it's people are as friendly as ever.

People can say what they want about America, but all of the American's I have ever come across have been friendly and generous. You cannot ask for more of a people.

And if I can (I try not to get political on forums etc but I cant help it here), here's to the future under a new President. And if its the one that isn't 72 years old, that would be nice as well :smallgrin.gif:

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr sep 12, 2008 2:36 pm

ajaxusa schreef:Hey friends, long time no chat.

Peace.
I'm with you, Jim.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » zo sep 14, 2008 8:50 am

DanK schreef: And if I can (I try not to get political on forums etc but I cant help it here), here's to the future under a new President. And if its the one that isn't 72 years old, that would be nice as well :smallgrin.gif:
BTW is it just me or does McCain look like Charlie Chaplin in the latter years?
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Plaats reactie