Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » do okt 23, 2008 12:05 am

aveslacker schreef:I'm all for buying Charlie Davies from Hammarby to replace KJH. A front line of Suarez, Sulejmani and Davies would be deadly.
And who is this Davies? Swedish, Norwegian? Never heard of him... If we're starting like that then I would try to sign Ramirez or Teixeira. They might not have the greatest reputation as team players, or even be soccer players for that fact, but they sure now how to rack up a high average!

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » do okt 23, 2008 8:16 am

He is American if I remember well and he came to Ajax for a trial in 2006.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do okt 23, 2008 12:18 pm

We should be looking at raw talent and get players like Berg and Suarez before they come to Holland.

By 2010 I see Ajax with Bodul and Castillion in their squad as strikers but we will still need to buy a ready made replacement for KJH.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do okt 23, 2008 3:48 pm

Dubbel schreef:
aveslacker schreef:I'm all for buying Charlie Davies from Hammarby to replace KJH. A front line of Suarez, Sulejmani and Davies would be deadly.
And who is this Davies? Swedish, Norwegian? Never heard of him... If we're starting like that then I would try to sign Ramirez or Teixeira. They might not have the greatest reputation as team players, or even be soccer players for that fact, but they sure now how to rack up a high average!
He's American -- he got signed straight out of Boston College by Hammarby. He's 22 and in his last season is averaging about a goal every two games. Just scored a goal with the U.S. Men's team in WC qualifying.

He's blazing fast and has a good shot with both feet. He's short but can head the ball pretty well also.

Ajax looked at him a few years ago, but he was pretty raw. He's settled in at Hammarby very well after a shaky start.

He'll eventually move on to another league, and I would love it if Ajax signed him, but it's pretty far-fetched imo.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » vr okt 24, 2008 12:24 am

Cool, thanks for the info guys!

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » ma nov 10, 2008 3:31 pm

Huntelaar 6 weeks out as a result of a raptured anklet
I think I lost my fucking headache

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma nov 10, 2008 3:48 pm

Bollocks.

Fucking SHIT.

K.
Still alive...

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » ma nov 10, 2008 5:57 pm

LucaS schreef:Huntelaar 6 weeks out as a result of a raptured anklet
For f*ck sake! When it will end..

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di nov 11, 2008 8:28 am

Van basten schreef:
The January transfer window????
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

jackson

Bericht door jackson » wo nov 12, 2008 3:25 am

Manneken Pis schreef:
Van basten schreef:
The January transfer window????
I doubt it b/c he has been off form and will be coming off an injury. With Sulejamni back and into a good flow -knock on wood- with Suarez, KJH could have huge goal tally in the spring and we'd get alot more than if we sell him in january

Unless Man City wants to get crazy.

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » wo nov 12, 2008 11:17 pm

aveslacker schreef:
Dubbel schreef:
He's American -- he got signed straight out of Boston College by Hammarby. He's 22 and in his last season is averaging about a goal every two games. Just scored a goal with the U.S. Men's team in WC qualifying.

He's blazing fast and has a good shot with both feet. He's short but can head the ball pretty well also.

Ajax looked at him a few years ago, but he was pretty raw. He's settled in at Hammarby very well after a shaky start.

He'll eventually move on to another league, and I would love it if Ajax signed him, but it's pretty far-fetched imo.
Charlie is not a guy for a 4-3-3. Will be Markus Rosenberg all over again. He's not that type of foward.

Berg would be better then, but will be costly. How serious is really the threat that KJH will go in the Jan. transfer window? He hasn't exactly had his finest season so far.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

bryan

Bericht door bryan » ma dec 01, 2008 8:33 pm

Klaas-Jan is off to Real Madrid in the January transfer window for 20 million euros according to El Mundo and others.

If that's true, Ajax (still) really needs to learn to negotiate transfer fees.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma dec 01, 2008 8:48 pm

last summer we wanted 25m euros but if he does not go in January and waits to the summer he will have 1 year left of his contract and I am not sure we would get more than 15m euros!

I would still have hoped they would get 25m euros from Real though .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma dec 01, 2008 9:08 pm

I'll beleive this when I see pen put to paper. It's a real risk for Madrid to pay that kind of money for a striker who is still unproven. Bayern has already made it known that Lukas Podolski can leave. Why not go for him as he has shown his quality for the German NT. Don't get me wrong, I like KJH but don't think he is the Madrid savior of the moment.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di dec 02, 2008 2:09 am

Orange14 schreef:I'll beleive this when I see pen put to paper. It's a real risk for Madrid to pay that kind of money for a striker who is still unproven. Bayern has already made it known that Lukas Podolski can leave. Why not go for him as he has shown his quality for the German NT. Don't get me wrong, I like KJH but don't think he is the Madrid savior of the moment.
Plus, he's injured. I'm not entirely convinced that KJH is at the right point in his career to be the striker that Madrid need, and as the last few games have shown, we desperately need him.

As you said, I will wait until the deal is done before I believe it.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

jackson

Bericht door jackson » di dec 02, 2008 5:23 am

MVB really wanted to keep KJH, it seemed. I think he still does and will convince the powers that be not to sell when we are so close to league title and CL football this yr. Just a few months ago, MVB was saying not to sell b/c we make as much off CL qualification as we would by selling anyway. So might as well keep him by that logic. Unless they think we can get there without him.

I hope he stays, but if he goes, we sure better have a replacement ready.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di dec 02, 2008 9:57 am

BBC World News just reported that Ajax have confirmed they are in talks with Real.

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » di dec 02, 2008 10:01 am

Yes, there is a statement at the official site. They're in talks but it certainly isn't a done deal.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di dec 02, 2008 11:19 am

Matter of time.

He's on his way out.

K.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » di dec 02, 2008 11:41 am

Bit more than 20 MEUR is quoted in papers. Seems to be more or less sealed.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di dec 02, 2008 4:55 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Matter of time.

He's on his way out.

K.
Exactly. And really I think most of us knew this would happen now, rather than at the end of the season. Pity, but we have to move on. Maybe van Basten can put on the boots again.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di dec 02, 2008 5:10 pm

DanK schreef:

He's on his way out.

K.
Exactly. And really I think most of us knew this would happen now, rather than at the end of the season. Pity, but we have to move on. Maybe van Basten can put on the boots again.
I say lets put away those rose tinted glasses (the guy has been poor this year)and say thanks for all of the goals and good luck in your new position. With the players supporting him at Real Madrid, even though his form is poor, he should score a hatful of goals. Just a shame we couldn't negotiate a swap deal with Wesley.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di dec 02, 2008 7:47 pm

I take it that Real Madrid are likely to pay cash, up front now. I suppose at least if he's gone at the beginning of the transfer window we might have a bit of time to get a replacement (unlike with Zlatan for example!) but then prices will also probably shoot up as we will be considered cash-rich.

Very soon it seems Real will have an entirely Ajax attack, what with Sneijder and Rafy as well.

Like everyone else, I think this is going to be pretty much a done deal now - just the £££'s to sort out.....
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Frans

Bericht door Frans » di dec 02, 2008 7:57 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:
DanK schreef:

He's on his way out.

K.
I say lets put away those rose tinted glasses (the guy has been poor this year)and say thanks for all of the goals and good luck in your new position. With the players supporting him at Real Madrid, even though his form is poor, he should score a hatful of goals. Just a shame we couldn't negotiate a swap deal with Wesley.
When I saw him play this year I thought he wasn't great, but at least Ajax were scoring. With him gone there's been a distinct lack of goals. Maybe just his presence on the field sucks in a couple of defenders and allows our other attackers more room to operate.

That said, looks like it's time for others to step up. Or we could bring back Kluivert :smallgrin.gif:

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » di dec 02, 2008 8:46 pm

It's official now.
"We knew exactly how Ajax were going to play...but there was no way we were ever going to win"

Gesloten