Tickets to Ajax Games

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » di sep 23, 2008 1:44 pm

A French friend of mine currently working in Almelo wants to attend the Vitesse game on sunday. He just called the fandesk and of course, a club card is compulsory.
So, is there any locals here with a (S)CC that can make an arrangement with him to buy 1 or 2 tickets for this game? If so, I'll give you his mail adress so can you can make a deal together.
Thanks for him!
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » di sep 23, 2008 3:15 pm

While this thread is active, I'm thinking of coming over for the Ajax-Feyenoord game in February (or possible the Volendam game the next week), what are the best bet for getting tickets for either of these?

If I recall from previous years, for well attended games, the best bet seemed to be a ticket broker (like ticketunlimited), is this still the case? Are there any additional requirements I should be aware of using a company like this?
AFCA

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » di sep 23, 2008 3:22 pm

gordonvandekamp schreef:While this thread is active, I'm thinking of coming over for the Ajax-Feyenoord game in February (or possible the Volendam game the next week), what are the best bet for getting tickets for either of these?

If I recall from previous years, for well attended games, the best bet seemed to be a ticket broker (like ticketunlimited), is this still the case? Are there any additional requirements I should be aware of using a company like this?
Ticket unlimited is the best option if you want to attend the feyenoord-game. If you're from abroad and you don't have a clubcard or something, you can forget about the feyenoord game if you want to purchase your tickets the normal way. You might pay a little bit extra, but it will save you a lot time.

Ajax - Volendam will certainly be not sold-out. I think there's a pretty good chance that the remaining tickets will be sold direcly at the stadium, not needing clubcards etc etc.

MIKE_ZUID2 (ASR_AFCA)
AT Toto winner 07/08

Bericht door MIKE_ZUID2 (ASR_AFCA) » di sep 23, 2008 4:04 pm

The best way is to find a person with a seasonticket and ask him/her to buy a ticket for you. Saves a lot of money.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » wo sep 24, 2008 7:31 am

MIKE_ZUID2 (ASR_AFCA) schreef:The best way is to find a person with a seasonticket and ask him/her to buy a ticket for you. Saves a lot of money.
In case of the feyenoord game that will be very hard, since you only can buy one ticket per one clubcard. So you have to find someone that doesn't want to attend the game, and wants to give the clubcard to you.

Sure, Ticket unlimited is more expensive, but you will have tickets for sure.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo sep 24, 2008 8:24 am

gordonvandekamp schreef:While this thread is active, I'm thinking of coming over for the Ajax-Feyenoord game in February (or possible the Volendam game the next week), what are the best bet for getting tickets for either of these?

FYI - The Ajax-Fey game cost me €115 last year via ticket-unlimited...hence the reason I purchased a season card. At that price you go to the PSV game and Feyenoord and your money is almost made back. This way all the money goes to the club and not some legal scalpers.

Having said that the Volendam game should be much cheaper.

MIKE_ZUID2 (ASR_AFCA)
AT Toto winner 07/08

Bericht door MIKE_ZUID2 (ASR_AFCA) » wo sep 24, 2008 8:27 am

GangstaRiB schreef:
MIKE_ZUID2 (ASR_AFCA) schreef:The best way is to find a person with a seasonticket and ask him/her to buy a ticket for you. Saves a lot of money.
In case of the feyenoord game that will be very hard, since you only can buy one ticket per one clubcard. So you have to find someone that doesn't want to attend the game, and wants to give the clubcard to you.

Sure, Ticket unlimited is more expensive, but you will have tickets for sure.
Isn't it the case that you can first buy 1 ticket on a seasonticket, before you can buy tickets with clubcard?
A lot of people have more then 1 seasonticket. I have 2, and some friends have even more.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo sep 24, 2008 8:33 am

DanK schreef:FYI - The Ajax-Fey game cost me €115 last year via ticket-unlimited...hence the reason I purchased a season card. At that price you go to the PSV game and Feyenoord and your money is almost made back. This way all the money goes to the club and not some legal scalpers.
Yeah. In the past I used to recommend Ticket Unlimited to people, but now I no longer do. Their prices really have gone through the roof...

In the past I bought tickets for the Classic plenty of times. Face value: 30 euros. Ticket Unlimited price: 50 euros (60 max). Something like that. Fair enough. But my impression is that their prices have doubled. Two times face value has become four times face value, is roughly my impression.

K.
Still alive...

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo sep 24, 2008 10:11 am

Anyway, if you have to pay more that 100€, it might be better to buy an Ajax Package. For the same price, you have 1 or 2 (pretty useless) things more at least. Ticket Unlimited is 'good' when you're too late for the reservation.

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » wo sep 24, 2008 3:53 pm

Thanks for the info. Looking at the package deals from Ajax, I'd rather do that and give them the money. I didn't really know what options the packaged had until looking at it now. I'd sort of resigned to paying a ticket broker as it seems like it's the same there as it's been here for about 10 years in that if you want good seats or even any seats at all sometimes, you have to pay out the ass to a ticket broker.

They Feyenoord tickets are starting at 100 E with ticket unlimited, which is about what the packages are. Looks like the Grolsch Lounge package is pretty popular. :ajaxsmiley.gif:
AFCA

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo sep 24, 2008 3:56 pm

Just checked Tickets Unlimited, thinking of travel to Amsterdam for Ajax v. Hreacles on 31.1 and Ajax v. Heerenveenon 3.2, and noticed tix are 40 euros each . The Classic is 100. Waiting to see how the UEFA Cup shakes out and who would be in Ajax's group , short of a major choke job, before deciding when my holiday will be.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » vr nov 28, 2008 11:17 am

Not about tickets for Ajax game but for Netherlands v Scotland in March 2009. 20,000 Scots expected to travel but getting 6,000 tickets officially, a lot of guys on another messgae board are using Tickets Unlimited and I just wanted to ask about their reliability.

BTW agencies for this game are going to make a mint - some agencies already charging 7 times face value for tickets not even on sale, Tickets Unlimited are starting off at just 5x face value :biggrin.gif:
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

grachtdog
Contacteer:

Bericht door grachtdog » do dec 18, 2008 10:23 am

Just saw this now after recently having a successful ticket purchasing junket for the ADO game (which I can't use now - humph). Anyway, spend the six euro to buy an Ajax club card which is valid for five years; details and form (in Dutch) on the Ajax website. You won't possibly receive the card in time, but once you see Ajax has taken the money out of your bank account, call them to get the barcode that you need to order tickets using the new online ticketing system. Check ajax.nl for when the tickets go on sale and be first in line on your computer to buy a ticket when they go on sale for club card holders. Probably won't have much success for De Klassieker but Volendam shouldn't be a problem.

Caveat: I had a Dutch bank account but you should be able to do it with a foreign account; just find out your bank's IBAN/BIC code.
XXX

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » do dec 18, 2008 12:52 pm

Club card is not needed for Volendam. Anyone can buy tickets from January 24th.

I don't think there's a way to buy a ticket online if you don't have a dutch bank account though. I think you can only pay with iDEAL, which seems to be a typical Dutch system? :confused.gif:

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » do dec 18, 2008 1:49 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:Club card is not needed for Volendam. Anyone can buy tickets from January 24th.

I don't think there's a way to buy a ticket online if you don't have a dutch bank account though. I think you can only pay with iDEAL, which seems to be a typical Dutch system? :confused.gif:
iDEAL is a system created by a bunch of Dutch banks, don't think foreigners can apply to that.

But my guess is that Ajax-Volendam will not be sold out. You can try to buy tickets a few days in front or on the day itself in Holland (tabacco shops or at the Arena).

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » do dec 18, 2008 4:51 pm

Thanks for the additional info. I still haven't bought tickets for either game yet, but am still planning to, leaning more towards F-Word. If I would have planned it out better I'd try the club card route, but will probably in the future and see how it works. Thanks again.
AFCA

grachtdog
Contacteer:

Bericht door grachtdog » vr dec 19, 2008 6:20 am

Cedric_AeF schreef: I don't think there's a way to buy a ticket online if you don't have a dutch bank account though. I think you can only pay with iDEAL, which seems to be a typical Dutch system? :confused.gif:
In fact, I paid for the ticket online with my American credit card. I only used my Dutch bank account to transfer the six euro for the club card. It was just easier for me to use that; but other payment methods should be possible.
XXX

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » zo dec 21, 2008 7:08 am

<groveling>
Any season ticket holders out there who might have tickets they want to offload for the Heerenveen (31-01-09) and/or Heracles (03-02-09) games? (I need two for each.) TicketUnlimited prices are not toooo bad... ranging €40 - €75. But I'd rather get them off a fellow fan (and Santa willing, in the F-Side) if available.

Anyone?
</groveling>
Mark it 8, Dude.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » zo dec 21, 2008 4:54 pm

ajaxusa schreef:<groveling>
Any season ticket holders out there who might have tickets they want to offload for the Heerenveen (31-01-09) and/or Heracles (03-02-09) games? (I need two for each.) TicketUnlimited prices are not toooo bad... ranging €40 - €75. But I'd rather get them off a fellow fan (and Santa willing, in the F-Side) if available.

Anyone?
</groveling>
Check you email mate...its no F-side, but its in the stadium :ajaxsmiley.gif:

jackson

Bericht door jackson » zo dec 21, 2008 9:59 pm

I may be coming to Amsterdam for the Fiorentina game on Feb 26. Can anyone give me advice on best way to purchase tickets? I have never been to an Ajax game before. Will I need a club card for this game, or can I just buy a ticket online and show up? Thanks for any help! :ajaxsmiley.gif:

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » di dec 23, 2008 6:59 pm

jackson schreef:I may be coming to Amsterdam for the Fiorentina game on Feb 26. Can anyone give me advice on best way to purchase tickets? I have never been to an Ajax game before. Will I need a club card for this game, or can I just buy a ticket online and show up? Thanks for any help! :ajaxsmiley.gif:
European game tickets are tough. I think you will be able to buy a ticket online from TicketUnlimited (and spend your inheritance doing so). I don't know what other options you'll have. I'm not in Amsterdam and don't have season tickets, so I can't be much further use, I'm afraid.

Which reminds me: I would like to make sure the information on the Ajax USA Tickets page is still accurate and useful. The page still gets visited quite often. Would any of you local experts be willing to take a look and provide me with suggested updates?

Thanks much!
Mark it 8, Dude.

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » do jan 15, 2009 2:58 am

jackson schreef:I may be coming to Amsterdam for the Fiorentina game on Feb 26. Can anyone give me advice on best way to purchase tickets? I have never been to an Ajax game before. Will I need a club card for this game, or can I just buy a ticket online and show up? Thanks for any help! :ajaxsmiley.gif:
Go for the Ajax Travel and Events Package, IMO. You can but it online. To get tickets for European Games, PSV games and F-word, it is probably the easiest way. Scalpers are a pain, the $ goes to the club and you basically pay the same price as a scalper, plus you get a meal, drinks and depending on the package you get you can even do the stadium tour. However, the seats are pretty high up though, other than price, the only drawback.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » do jan 15, 2009 8:27 am

Ajax - Fiorentina is scheduled to have 'free sale'. Which means that from the 24th of january you will not need a clubcard to buy tickets. But the problem is: you are at the end of the waiting line. Season ticket holder and clubcard holders are in front of you.

Normally the European games (UEFA cup that is) are not sold-out, but Fiorentina is a nice opponent so I think more people will show up that normal.

So you have two options: Ask somebody (who has a clubcard) to buy some extra tickets for you. Or wait for the free sale and hope the Arena is not sold out.....

jackson

Bericht door jackson » za jan 17, 2009 2:51 pm

Thanks to everyone who responded. So, if I buy a ticket online (I know the $ is more but thats ok) I'm good to go? I dont need a club card to get in? Is that right? I just dont want to buy the tix online with my cc, then show up and not be able to get in. Thanks again. :ajaxscarf.gif:

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma jan 19, 2009 6:47 pm

jackson schreef:Thanks to everyone who responded. So, if I buy a ticket online (I know the $ is more but thats ok) I'm good to go? I dont need a club card to get in? Is that right? I just dont want to buy the tix online with my cc, then show up and not be able to get in. Thanks again. :ajaxscarf.gif:
As far as I can see you can get multiple tickets on one clubcard, so you're pretty safe.

Plaats reactie