Contacteer:

Re: Other Eredivisie Teams

Bericht door Cedric » zo nov 01, 2009 10:20 pm

Will they also sell their name to become gAZprom Alkmaar ? :excited.gif:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo nov 04, 2009 12:04 pm

Although a second div side Haarlem are evidently 1m euros in debt and having a problem with paying Oct salary. Are they likely to fold?

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo nov 04, 2009 5:22 pm

SPL schreef:Are they likely to fold?
Definitely not unthinkable... Would be a shame, as they are one of the oldest clubs in the Dutch league. Lots of tradition there.

K.
Still alive...

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » di nov 24, 2009 5:21 pm

Interesting stat here in a VI article (Dutch):
http://www.vi.nl/Nieuws-item-TS1/172871 ... Twente.htm

The tables should be easy enough to follow in English. It's basically comparing this year's leaders to their performance at this point last year and that Ajax hasn't done as well compared to PSV and Twente, although better than last year. Ajax has 2 more points than at this time last year, while PSV and Twente have 12 and 10 more, respectively.

I suspect both with lose a few games and things will tighten up at the top before the spring, Ajax just needs to keep winning.
AFCA

Azeri
Contacteer:

Bericht door Azeri » di nov 24, 2009 10:24 pm

Watching AZ-Olimpiakos right now... what a pathetic show

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr nov 27, 2009 10:08 pm

This is starting to look good, ladies and gentlemen: Sparta just took a 2-1 lead against PSV. An hour has been played. PSV are playing very poorly and Sparta look quite good. Spicy detail: two assists from Darko Bodul, both goals scored by Rydell Poepon. Two Ajax boys doing the business.

Come on Sparta!

Less than 30 minutes left to play!

Edit: Bollocks. 2-2 now. Reis, 69th minute. 2-2 would be fine! GO SPARTA!

K.
Still alive...

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr nov 27, 2009 10:17 pm

And 2-3... :1evil.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za dec 05, 2009 12:13 pm

AZ have sacked Koeman . Did not think he would last but less than 6 months is not long ! Where will he work again ? Do not think he will coach in Holland again.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za dec 05, 2009 2:04 pm

SPL schreef:AZ have sacked Koeman . Did not think he would last but less than 6 months is not long ! Where will he work again ? Do not think he will coach in Holland again.
Wow that was pretty quick. I would agree with you that it will be quite difficult for him to find employment.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za dec 05, 2009 2:57 pm

SPL schreef:AZ have sacked Koeman . Did not think he would last but less than 6 months is not long ! Where will he work again ? Do not think he will coach in Holland again.
They must have been pretty desperate - I heard they were skint, but now they presumably have to pay off his contract as well as hire someone else. Presumably they're gambling on recouping some of that money from a run in Europe, though not the CL by the look of it.....
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za dec 05, 2009 3:12 pm

In the two countries where he was a superstar as a player (Holland and Spain) everybody will know by now that he's not a great manager. I think he can forget about a contract at one of the major clubs in those countries. Barcelona, Real Madrid, PSV, Ajax... Those clubs won't be interested, but I'm sure he'll find himself a nice job. I think he'll take the rest of the season off and next season we'll see him at either a major club in a smaller country (Besiktas, Anderlecht, AEK Athens, something like that, or perhaps a really rich club in Russia or Ukraine or something) or a mid-table club in a bigger country.

The thing is: there's a lot of money in modern football, but the most important men in the world of football are not exactly visionaries. It's a world of mediocre self-made men, simple 'boys from the street', ex-players in many cases. Club presidents act as if they follow everything and hire people for all the right seasons, but the truth is that - in most cases - they are amateurs with a lot of money to spend, who never really paid attention to Koeman's work at AZ. There are still plenty of clubs where they really never noticed how shit Ronald Koeman is a manager/coach.

Koeman has a big reputation as a player and that will always be good enough for a job at some half-decent club. The world of football is very mediocre and the truth is that a Euro '88 gold medal and an unforgettable goal against Sampdoria in the '92 Champions League final pretty much guarantee you a decent job in football for the rest of your career, even if you don't know how to spell your own name. Ex-superstars get the sexy jobs, because club presidents want to present a 'Name' to the fans, not a Mr. Nobody (even though he has an impressive resumé).

Ruud Gullit, Marco van Basten... Someone will always go for the sexy name; no matter how shit they are as (people's) managers and tacticians.

Anyway - don't you worry about old Ronny Koeman. He'll find something.

K.
Still alive...

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » zo dec 06, 2009 6:39 pm

Unbelievable, Twente escapes it again! 3-4 against NEC, Ruiz scores on 88min. Fuck that, we're not just not gonna win the title, we won't even be able to finish 2nd.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma dec 07, 2009 10:56 am

Yup Twente escape again ... they seem to have the luck this year that AZ had last year.
I'm not saying either a bad teams, just that they keep getting the lucky bounce when they need it.
Twente will win the league this year I think, but then be an embarassment in the Champions League (like AZ this year), and as a consequence the Dutch Uefa ranking will sink further...

On a seperate note, here in Belgium it's said to be a done deal that Dick Advocaat will take over at AZ in the new year (after a very short but relatively successful spell as national coach).
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za dec 12, 2009 9:52 pm

Twente were 1-0 down at half time but beat NAC 3-1 so are still 9 points ahead of us. I really do not see
us gaining on them enough to be champs. Psv are not dropping points either.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za dec 12, 2009 10:44 pm

SPL schreef:Twente were 1-0 down at half time but beat NAC 3-1 so are still 9 points ahead of us. I really do not see
us gaining on them enough to be champs. Psv are not dropping points either.
PSV get a goal over 10 man AZ at the 86th minute to win 1=0. No points picked up this week.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Jari Litmanen

Bericht door Jari Litmanen » za dec 12, 2009 10:50 pm

Sadly, if you look at the Eredivisie on previous seasons, the topteams doesn't give away points easily (less so than any other league), which makes me think the table outcome is pretty much already decided when it comes to us. Although, miracles has happened in the passed.

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » di jan 19, 2010 10:06 pm

PSV just won against Roda, so we have a no leader of Eredivisie.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo jan 20, 2010 3:37 pm

We still have chances for the title, if and only if we do beat the lightbulbs in Amsterdam. That's why I will come over for this game... :666.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » zo jan 24, 2010 4:22 pm

Twente lost 2 points. was funny to watch Mclaren in last minutes :biggrin.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jan 24, 2010 4:39 pm

Van basten schreef:Twente lost 2 points. was funny to watch Mclaren in last minutes :biggrin.gif:
Feynoord also dropped two points. The quote that originated here back in 1977 when our home team was marching on to the National Basketball Association championships, "the opera isn't over until the fat lady sings." Let's keep pushing forward and see how the season ends. I think Jol has things going forward and with both PSV and Twente at home, anything can happen.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo jan 24, 2010 4:43 pm

Respect for Heracles, by the way. 5th on the table. After the winter break. Very well done. Hats off.

K.
Still alive...

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » zo jan 24, 2010 6:50 pm

Orange14 schreef:
Van basten schreef:Twente lost 2 points. was funny to watch Mclaren in last minutes :biggrin.gif:
Feynoord also dropped two points. The quote that originated here back in 1977 when our home team was marching on to the National Basketball Association championships, "the opera isn't over until the fat lady sings." Let's keep pushing forward and see how the season ends. I think Jol has things going forward and with both PSV and Twente at home, anything can happen.
We won't catch psv, but we can beat Twente for 2nd place with a bit of luck.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jan 25, 2010 1:03 pm

In goal.com's eredivisie team of the week they had as a centre back ,Groningen's man of the match Daley Blind.

Good start for the lad.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma jan 25, 2010 1:06 pm

He played as a right back though.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jan 25, 2010 2:00 pm

Cannot believe anything in goal.com. I should add that VdWiel was listed as right back in the team of the week so assumed Daley was CB . For the record they made Vermeer goalie of the week.

Plaats reactie