Europa League Opponents 2009-2010

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Mr_Holte

Re: Europa League Opponents 2009-2010

Bericht door Mr_Holte » zo dec 20, 2009 6:21 pm

Unfortunately I cannot see anything other than Juve progressing. Still, if we are positive then you never know. It will be another great european night at The ArenA! :ajaxscarf.gif:

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo dec 20, 2009 9:08 pm

Mr_Holte schreef:Unfortunately I cannot see anything other than Juve progressing. Still, if we are positive then you never know. It will be another great european night at The ArenA! :ajaxscarf.gif:
I'm not so sure. They looked absolutely dreadful again today losing at home to Catania. Their defense is a shambles and they seem to have no clue on the attack either. They seem to be a step slow and our midfield might have an advantage here. Anyway, we shall see in due time.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Jari Litmanen

Bericht door Jari Litmanen » zo dec 20, 2009 10:03 pm

I can see why people see Juventus as the most logical winner in this game, but consider this: If we're going to beat them, now is really the time. They've been playing extremly poorly, and they continued doing that today. We've been playing really well, not counting that last game against Anderlecht.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » zo dec 20, 2009 10:34 pm

And the game against NEC, and the game against Utrecht... That's 3 games in a row that we shouldn't count. And I would also like to mention the games against Twente and PSV. But who knows, maybe they'll manage to win a game against a decent team this season. I still have some hope. :confused.gif:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Jari Litmanen

Bericht door Jari Litmanen » zo dec 20, 2009 10:47 pm

I agree, those games were....less than satisfying, but come on, the game against Anderlecht beats them all, hands down. Atleast we scored 3 goals on NEC, and Twente away, and "only" losing 1-0? That's pretty ok if you ask me,Twente is a machine this season. When it comes to winning games against decent teams this year, beating Feyenoord with 5-1 comes to my mind. Ajax has been doing great this season, no doubt about it. It's just that PSV and Twente has the sixth gear we lack at the moment.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » zo dec 20, 2009 10:59 pm

When it comes to decent team, Feyenoord doesn't come to my mind. :ajaxsmiley.gif:
Jari Litmanen schreef:It's just that PSV and Twente has the sixth gear we lack at the moment.
And this is rather worrying... If Ajax was playing that great, they would have that 6th gear already.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Jari Litmanen

Bericht door Jari Litmanen » zo dec 20, 2009 11:10 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:When it comes to decent team, Feyenoord doesn't come to my mind. :ajaxsmiley.gif:
Jari Litmanen schreef:It's just that PSV and Twente has the sixth gear we lack at the moment.
And this is rather worrying... If Ajax was playing that great, they would have that 6th gear already.

....and if we did, PSV and Twente would have a 7th gear :) We're playing good, they're playing better, that's my point. Ofcourse we could play better, most teams could. What I'm saying is that at our current condition, we are capable of beating a bad playing Juventus.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » ma dec 21, 2009 8:49 am

Jari Litmanen schreef:
Cedric_AeF schreef:When it comes to decent team, Feyenoord doesn't come to my mind. :ajaxsmiley.gif:

....and if we did, PSV and Twente would have a 7th gear :) We're playing good, they're playing better, that's my point. Ofcourse we could play better, most teams could. What I'm saying is that at our current condition, we are capable of beating a bad playing Juventus.
Now is the time thats true, but i think by the time we play, they may well have a new manager lol

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » ma dec 21, 2009 12:13 pm

I appreciate all the optimism expressed here, but until Ajax learn how to step up and win the 'crunch' games they are going where they have been going for the last number of years -- which is nowhere. So far they have been unable to do this -- beating up on weaker teams does not constitute having a good season IMO.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di dec 29, 2009 6:10 pm

afcajax73 schreef: Now is the time thats true, but i think by the time we play, they may well have a new manager lol
So true. Well our old nemesis - Guus Hiddink is reported to be their new coach. :au.gif:

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » ma jan 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Amol schreef:
afcajax73 schreef: Now is the time thats true, but i think by the time we play, they may well have a new manager lol
So true. Well our old nemesis - Guus Hiddink is reported to be their new coach. :au.gif:
Hiddink's agent and Juve denied, that Guus are in talks with Juve, so it's a good news, coz i think we have a little chance against Ferrara's Juventus and i don't see any chance us beating Hiddink's Juventus.

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » ma jan 11, 2010 4:01 am

AC Beckham thrashed Juve 3-0 in Turin today, inspiring ugly scenes at the Olimpico and more howls for Ciro Ferrara's scalp. Seems unlikely he'll be able to hang on much longer, right?
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma jan 11, 2010 10:10 am

juventilosers is their name :drecul.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr jan 29, 2010 2:36 pm

Well the predictable did come about yesterday. Juventus have sacked Ciro Ferrara and replaced him on an interim basis with former AC Milan and Inter Milan boss Alberto Zaccheroni. We will have to see if this helps the beleaguered Turin club or not.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » di feb 09, 2010 3:53 am

Juve's still a mess. They haven't won in more than a month, and according to this item it's going to take them a while to right the ship.

Let's hope they don't decide to do it against us! :ajaxscarf.gif:
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

Plaats reactie