Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: Ajax Coaches

Bericht door SPL » ma mei 03, 2010 11:57 am

No big jobs available at present other than Liverpool. McLaren has actually been more successful but
Wolfsburg and West Ham are not that exciting considering neither will be in Europe.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma mei 03, 2010 1:55 pm

SPL schreef:No big jobs available at present other than Liverpool. McLaren has actually been more successful but
Wolfsburg and West Ham are not that exciting considering neither will be in Europe.
The West Ham job looks like a snake pit with two owners who don't appear to see eye to eye (one supports Zola, the other doesn't). It's a real risk going there particularly since they are in far worse financial shape than Ajax and only just missed relegation this season (probably would have if Portsmouth had not gone into receivership and been docked points).
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Mr_Holte

Bericht door Mr_Holte » wo mei 05, 2010 7:24 pm

There was a small piece in 'The Sun' newspaper today (hardly the most reliable of sources I know!) where MJ said he would love to return to England. Not that surprising I guess, but I would like to think he will stick around at Ajax until he at least wins a title. Rumours are that he could go to West Ham (that would be a big mistake in my view) and I have even heard that should Martin O'Neil leave Villa this summer (possible) then he could go there.

Would love to see him stay, as I said at the time he was appointed I think he is a really good coach. And what he has done with bringing through some younger players is not to be underestimated.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do mei 06, 2010 9:14 am

I would want to see Jol stay. We would have more chances to keep our best players. And I don’t want Ajax to get a new coach and start over again. Please.
Appie, stay strong !

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma mei 10, 2010 9:11 pm

This is way to funny to be true: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... pe&cc=5901 Van Basten says his old ankle injury prohibits him from coaching AC Milan. This clearly explains his piss poor performance for Ajax last season. Yet with all this he still plays golf???? :biggrin.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » wo jul 14, 2010 5:50 pm

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... =soccernet

Word here is that Fulham may want Jol. If he leaves, it will be what, the 6th "rebuilding" season in a row and I think we would be playing catch-up again all season just to be in the race for the title at the end. We've already had, what 7 managers since '05. Hope it doesn't happen and Jol is around for at least a few more years and there is some continued stability.
AFCA

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jul 14, 2010 10:20 pm

gordonvandekamp schreef:http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... =soccernet

Word here is that Fulham may want Jol. If he leaves, it will be what, the 6th "rebuilding" season in a row and I think we would be playing catch-up again all season just to be in the race for the title at the end. We've already had, what 7 managers since '05. Hope it doesn't happen and Jol is around for at least a few more years and there is some continued stability.
I believe he is getting paid more to manage Ajax than Fulham are offering. Also Fulham is a mid-table club at best and I suspect Jol will hold out for something much better if he were to return to England (but I've been wrong so often this summer that you can disregard anything I say :biggrin.gif: )

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » vr jul 16, 2010 12:17 am

The odds on Jol becoming Fulham manager have dropped from 33/1 to less than 3/1 in under 24 hours, heavy money being placed. I really fuckin hope this wont happen, surely not.

Small edit - the odds are now 5/4 but I read a report saying that the speculation began after some free GBP 50 bets for Ladbrokes were placed at initial odds of 33/1 and then odds were slashed to 20/1, then through this the speculation has grown and more money placed on Jol, leading to him becoming favourite for job.

Local Fulham newspaper is saying he will be named in next 48 hours
Laatst gewijzigd door jamcocteau op vr jul 16, 2010 12:32 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 16, 2010 12:29 am

Hope not, we should say no deal. At least they should pay up his contract .

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » vr jul 16, 2010 12:55 am

Would suprise me to be honest, absolutely no media coverage at all over here...

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » vr jul 16, 2010 5:59 am

Why would he want to leave when he has a chance for a title and euro football here to go to a team that will be lucky to wind up mid table

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 16, 2010 5:40 pm

checking out some english sites it does seem more than a rumour . Jol is evidently fed up that Rommedahl and Pantelic have gone and V dWiel is about to and there is no money for any decent replacements .

Hope he stays but if he goes then we really are f-----. Season starts in 2weeks ,ie CL , several first teamers have gone or about to go and no sign of replacements and Danny Blind acting coach to start the season with no obvious candidate .

That loss of the title by 1 point was mega important . Not sure V d Wiel would be going off to Munich if we were in the CL proper, Rommedahl and Pantelic would have been offered what they want , Jol certainly would not be leaving for a small english club with no money and only Suarez of last seasons squad would possibly leave .

Purple Cow's Ghost

Bericht door Purple Cow's Ghost » vr jul 16, 2010 9:14 pm

Sky Sports News are reporting tonight that Fulham have had exploratory talks with Jol's representatives, and as a result of those talks Fulham will make an official approach to Ajax within 48 hours.

He's gone boys.

Who next?

Amol

Bericht door Amol » vr jul 16, 2010 9:32 pm

Purple Cow's Ghost schreef:Sky Sports News are reporting tonight that Fulham have had exploratory talks with Jol's representatives, and as a result of those talks Fulham will make an official approach to Ajax within 48 hours.

He's gone boys.

Who next?
Ok wait - WTF!!

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr jul 16, 2010 10:38 pm

Is there a reason to believe this more than a rumor that says that Van der Wiel to Bayern is a done deal? :confused.gif:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za jul 17, 2010 8:40 am

Re-posting...
Purple Cow's Ghost schreef:The field is not exactly over-run with suitable candidates is it?

Any thoughts?
By the way: feel free to discuss rumours, but please don't present them as facts. Martin Jol leaving... just a rumour and (at this point) absolutely not more than that.

K.
Still alive...

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » za jul 17, 2010 8:52 am

I would have never been able to imagine a worst scenario than this one. no money, big players going, no decent replacements, and now even the coach considering a move for these sales that could have been "against its will".
I hope something goes wrong in the talks with Fulham or better that someone at the club gives a statement that this is complete bullshit, but evidently something has changed in the last hours. Without Jol we are completely fucked. Adieu, CL; let's save at least the domestic campaign.
O tempora o mores

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » za jul 17, 2010 9:14 am

If Jol leaves, probably Blind will step in. You can think of Blind as coach what you want, but he was the last one that qualified for the CL (and survived the fisrt round)
But Jol won't leave.
I think I lost my fucking headache

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 17, 2010 12:35 pm

Here's the most current report: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... nd&cc=5901 "If" it is true it really doesn't surprise me as he left Hamburg for pretty much the same reason. I still don't know where Fulham is going to come up with all the money as Jol is making twice the salary at Ajax as Fulham had budgeted and they will also have to pay compensation. If I were Ajax, I would hold out for the full amount of his salary going forward. I honestly don't know what he can accomplish at Fulham given their mid-table status. If he wants to settle for an occasional Europa League birth I guess that's fine. As I recall the club has been in relegation battles fairly recently.

Purple Cow's Ghost

Bericht door Purple Cow's Ghost » za jul 17, 2010 3:02 pm

According to the Grauniad "sources close to Martin Jol" (which is U.K. jounalists code for "Martin Jol speaking off the record") have said that he wants to hang on a little longer for a more interesting job. Jol believes that he will shortly be re-united with Chris Hughton at Newcastle United.

So Fulham or Newcastle - he will defo be gone sooner rather than later.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » za jul 17, 2010 6:48 pm

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

Well, here's the latest.....seems to be a done deal.....but "because Ajax are selling off their best players"???? How many have gone??? Yes, Greg's gone, but who else???

http://www.tribalfootball.com/ajax-coac ... ing-979721

AND WHAT ABOUT THIS ONE!!!!!!!

http://www.tribalfootball.com/jol-prese ... ham-979301

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jul 17, 2010 7:01 pm

SaddlerIan schreef::

Well, here's the latest.....seems to be a done deal.....but "because Ajax are selling off their best players"???? How many have gone??? Yes, Greg's gone, but who else???

http://www.tribalfootball.com/ajax-coac ... ing-979721

AND WHAT ABOUT THIS ONE!!!!!!!

http://www.tribalfootball.com/jol-prese ... ham-979301
Nobody is "officially" gone from Ajax. Bayern have made an offer for van der Wiel but the club have not agreed to any terms yet. I've not seen anythink about Stekelenberg or Suarez. If Steve Sidwell is who Jol will bank on at Fulham, I say good luck and Godspeed to someone who is no good judge of football talent. Sidwell was decent for Reading when they were in the EPL but made the huge mistake of thinking he could play at Chelsea. Wrong move Steve. I don't know this website that you refer to at all but it strikes me that they don't know much at all.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » za jul 17, 2010 7:08 pm

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

Well, let's hope that you're correct cos I'm getting a little tired of these "Starting anew" processes which seem to be happening too often!

Let's try and get a team and staff settled for more than a year! It'd be nice to know that the people I've booked flights and hotels to watch will actually be playing!!!

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » za jul 17, 2010 9:00 pm

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 17, 2010 9:24 pm

A bid silence from Jol suggests come Monday he will be gone . Fulham and Newcastle want him but both have big debts not much money to spend wont finish higher than mid table and wont see Europe very often other than when he pops home to the Hague for a weekend.

Ajax should ask for the remainder of his contract to be paid up.

He is fed up that Pantelic and Rommedahl have gone and Steks Greg and Suarez are likely to be sold and Urby also will be got rid of. And so far he has no money to buy anyone. Suk and Sulejmani are his only forwards and Sulejmani is injured with CL stating in less than 2weeks .

So it looks like Danny Blind could take over with Frank de Boer assisting and I am sure he will get Bergkamp to assist . Looks like we are back to square one.

Plaats reactie