Mauro Rosales

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo okt 02, 2005 1:46 pm

jakobg schreef:EDIT: But there has been lots of 'new maradonas'. None of them has lived up to that yet. I don't think it's fair to the kid to be compared to the second greatest player ever.
Fixed your post.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » zo okt 02, 2005 3:58 pm

I think you've got this alll wrong aveslacker. ;)
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » zo okt 02, 2005 4:28 pm

Indeed. It should have been "compared to the third greatest player ever."
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » zo okt 02, 2005 6:03 pm

I thought Ajax fans liked tiny players with great technique. Hope Rosales doesn't mind us off-topic writing in his thread; we are after all talking about the greatest player there ever was. :yes:

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo okt 02, 2005 11:39 pm

jakobg schreef:
Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Mark mi words Argentina will win the World Cup in 2014 wherever it might be...Why you ask???? Some kid called Lionel Messi will be 25 years old, This kid is the next Maradona trust me, at age 17 he is just amazing :worshippy:.

Isn't he 18 now? Anyway, a great footballer with a huge future for sure. I watched him yesterday as Barca played Zaragoza. He showed some of his skill and flair, but as a sub he didn't get enough time to really shine.

EDIT: But there has been lots of 'new maradonas'. None of them has lived up to that yet. I don't think it's fair to the kid to be compared to the greatest player ever.

i know what you mean he still has a long way to go, but remember some kid named..... well let´s say later called Pele started playing for his national team at age 17 and Maradona started at a similar age... He lead the Argentinian team to the U-20 championships at age 17!!!!!!!, he is way ahead of his age, and has Star material already, it's just a matter of time before he exploids.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma okt 03, 2005 1:14 pm

jakobg schreef:EDIT: But there has been lots of 'new maradonas'. None of them has lived up to that yet. I don't think it's fair to the kid to be compared to the greatest cheater ever.
There. I think I got right this time. :D :D
Afbeelding
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma okt 03, 2005 1:47 pm

aveslacker schreef: There. I think I got right this time. :D :D

Ave, don't do that man !!

You remember the other goal in that very game dont' you ?
meh :|

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma okt 03, 2005 2:38 pm

Carcajou schreef:
aveslacker schreef: There. I think I got right this time. :D :D

Ave, don't do that man !!

You remember the other goal in that very game dont' you ?
That goal was unbelievable. No doubt about it. Although my favorite WC goal of all time is Lord Dennis against the Argies in 98.

I don't deny that Maradona was a sublime player who, as they said about Bobby Jones (and Tiger Woods), played a game with which we are not familiar. But, like all dramatic (and possibly tragic) figures he has profound flaws in his character. Like being a cheater.

And, imo, he is not as good a player as Pele was. Or Rosales.
:eusa_liar:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » ma okt 03, 2005 3:24 pm

aveslacker schreef: And, imo, he is not as good a player as Pele was. Or Rosales.
:eusa_liar:
To be fair, I really haven't seen enough of Pele to judge. I wish I would have been alive back then, so I could compare the two (don't wish I'd be that old though). But from what I've seen of Maradona, I can't imagine that anyone could have been better. But again, it probably ain't fair to judge, from my side.

Rosales on the other hand might just be on the top of the list in a few years. ;)

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma okt 03, 2005 9:41 pm

aveslacker schreef:
jakobg schreef:EDIT: But there has been lots of 'new maradonas'. None of them has lived up to that yet. I don't think it's fair to the kid to be compared to the greatest cheater ever.
There. I think I got right this time. :D :D
Afbeelding
Maradona :rocketwhore: :furious3: :d1
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

dws

Bericht door dws » ma okt 03, 2005 10:57 pm

Maradona :rocketwhore: :furious3: :d1
Maradona :worshippy: :worshippy: :worshippy: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

If you think the first goal was handball.... :pinkelephant: :pinkelephant: :pinkelephant: ;)

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di okt 04, 2005 5:23 am

Alright then: could you please discuss legendary Maradona and Pele moments in the General Football Discussion thread and revert to Mauro Rosales in this one?

Thanks.

K.
Still alive...

__earth
Contacteer:

Bericht door __earth » wo dec 14, 2005 4:29 pm

has he been playing lately? Don't hear a lot from him nowadays despite the hype when he first hopped onboard.
but don't listen to me. I'm a pessimist.

Atahualpa

Bericht door Atahualpa » wo dec 14, 2005 7:26 pm

For some strange reason Blind does not play him anymore. I still think that he is the best option for 7. Especially since Pienaar does not want to stay with us anymore. Mauro impressed me during his first games, I think he is suffering from the unstable selection methods of Danny Blind...

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » wo dec 14, 2005 11:08 pm

I agree with you, Rosales is our best option for RW..
unfotunately blind does not see him and I think that the reason is the will of the coach to have a more dutch-composed squad.which is a great idea, but in the right wing spot I still don't see why the qualities of rosales are non allowed to be demonstrated
O tempora o mores

Rubin Stark

Bericht door Rubin Stark » do dec 15, 2005 7:04 am

Most of us aren't privy to what goes on at Ajax training and behind-the-scenes. Rosales might be frozen out for any number of reasons:

* He has a bad attitude
* He has a long-term injury
* He is crap

It's all a matter of time. It's probably fair to give foreign transfers a 12-month grace period while they're adjusting to culture shock. The ones with the strongest will and greatest talent rise to the top; the others go and play in Switzerland.

I think Rosales is the former.
"The joy of seeing Yuri Gargarin flying in space is only superseded by the joy of
a good penalty save." - Lev Yashin

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do dec 15, 2005 9:32 am

He's just having a very bad form-crisis at the moment. Nothing wrong with his attitude (he's a down to eart chap and he has a great work ethic), but he's just not good enough for a starting slot at the moment.

He'll be back, though. No doubt.

K.
Still alive...

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » do dec 15, 2005 12:23 pm

he seems to have become timid with his shot, and for some reason chikes on every cross - then again, an argentinean player is probably gonna struggle if the fans are all over the team - ko is right, though: there is nothing wrong with mauro's attitude
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do dec 15, 2005 3:30 pm

I'm starting to doubt Rosales will be back anytime soon, not even next season !!!!! Remember Blind's a huge De Mul fan. Rosales got the skill and the Attitude but what he lacks at the moment is something we all know is key: Confidence.
This has something to do with the fact that he is not going to make it to the world cup, mainly because the coach at Argentina play's a strict 4-4-2, no place for Rosales there :nooo: .
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo jan 01, 2006 11:24 pm

Quoting our visionary from Venezuela:
Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Remember Blind's a huge De Mul fan.
According to a handful of Dutch media Co Adriaanse's FC Porto have made a move for Rosales this winter. According to the reports Ajax turned them down, but in some of the stories it was claimed that Rosales is feeling unhappy at Ajax because Danny Blind doesn't rate him.

It is indeed common knowledge that Blind is a huge De Mul fan and only a few weeks ago Martin van Geel said in AT5 talkshow FC Godenzonen that Ajax are impressed with De Mul's development at Vitesse, and that he is very likely to return to the Ajax squad for next season.

It doesn't look good for Rosales at the moment and I must admit: after his fantastic start at Ajax (and his injury) he hasn't exactly 'won the war' for Ajax...

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di jan 03, 2006 4:09 am

Visionary....hmmmm i like that :D

Thanks K :xyxthumbs:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » di jan 03, 2006 6:19 am

Atahualpa schreef:For some strange reason Blind does not play him anymore. I still think that he is the best option for 7. Especially since Pienaar does not want to stay with us anymore. Mauro impressed me during his first games, I think he is suffering from the unstable selection methods of Danny Blind...
Rosales has not been playing because we're playing without wingers. And for the right midfield position we also have De Jong, Pienaar, Galasek and Maduro. From a defensive point of view they look more solid then Mauro. Being in the position that Ajax is currently in, Blind opts for defensive security. I can't really blame him. When he switches back to 433 again I'm pretty sure that Rosales will be back on the pitch.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di jan 03, 2006 4:56 pm

Didn't he play pretty well the other day against Groningen? I thought I read that somewhere.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 03, 2006 5:44 pm

Dubbel schreef:Rosales has not been playing because we're playing without wingers (...) Being in the position that Ajax is currently in, Blind opts for defensive security. I can't really blame him. When he switches back to 433 again I'm pretty sure that Rosales will be back on the pitch.
You might be a little too optimistic there. Blind doesn't play Rosales because...
1) Rosales has been in terrible form for months now
2) Blind doesn't seem to rate Rosales

You are right: we are playing in a 4-4-2 formation at the moment, but the system as such is not necessarily more defensive than a 4-3-3. You can play very offensively in a 4-4-2 and very defensively in a 4-3-3. The system as such doesn't have anything to do with that.

In fact (as Danny Blind correctly pointed out), when Ajax still played in a 4-3-3 he often fielded Pienaar and Boukhari as the two wingers. When he first reverted to a 4-4-2 he played Pienaar and Boukhari as the two outer midfielders and added a second striker to the team, instead of one of the midfielders. He actually added a striker instead of taking one off. When in possession of the ball, Ajax's 4-4-2 is actually a 4-2-4.

All that talk about systems... It doesn't really make sense to me. What matters is: do you use the flanks? (answer in Ajax's case: yes, no matter what system they play)

I remember the Spartak Moscow team that played at the ArenA in 1998. Their formation was a 5-4-1, but they played lightning-quick one-touch football, were constantly on Ajax's half and applied enormous 'forward pressure' almost constantly. They were lethal. Extremely dangerous.

The other extreme: last season Ajax played in 4-3-3 in Tel Aviv, against Maccabi. But what does that mean when they hardly have the intention and/or the courage to leave their own half...?

You're not the only one, but people (including countless Dutch journalists) mix two things up. In fact there are two separate discussions going on at the moment:
1) the '4-3-3 vs 4-4-2' discussion
2) the 'defensive security vs offensive football' discussion

Many people seem to think that this is one and the same discussion (4-4-2 = defensive, 4-3-3 = offensive), but that really is nonsense.

And (back on topic now...) the fact that Mauro Rosales is currently not a starter has nothing to do with it, in my opinion.

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo jan 15, 2006 5:23 pm

Ok guy's i got some news on this chap, aparently Argentinian gian River Plate are trying to strike a 6 month loan deal with Ajax, representatives have already been talking with the club acording to the espn comentators.
I found an article on EspnDeportes.com that says the same except that it say's that it looks highly dificult at the moment but that Rosales has said that he would like to come back to Argentina but that he would also like to go to another european club.

Here's the link if anyone is interested: http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/story?id=398615

The headers roughly translates to "Rosales would like to go to River but thinks it would be very dificult"

Reading a little between the lines here it looks like he is not happy in Amsterdam. I for one would not like to see him go but if that end's up being the case Ajax should be able to get some good Bucks for him.... 3 maybe 4 mil should be reasonable.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Gesloten