World Cup 2006

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di dec 06, 2005 10:15 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:
aveslacker schreef:Neither Italy nor Mexico deserves a seed. I'd rather those seeds went to Holland and some other team.
Yeah well, hate to say "I told you so", but........

From the BBC site:
England seeded for 2006 World Cup...

"It's excellent news," England coach Eriksson told the Football Association website.

"I think it's right too. We are one of the teams that have the potential to do very well in Germany and we have some of the best players in the world.
HAHAHAHAHA...LMAO. "We are one of the teams that have the potential..." Yeah thats a good one.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di dec 06, 2005 10:28 pm

aveslacker schreef:I just saw that. Strange how mexico has more seeding points than France, Italy and Argentina. :X

I think that Holland should hope for: Mexico, Togo, and Trinidad & Tobago.

A more fun (but tougher) group would be Germany, Ghana and Iran.

For the US, I'd like to see: Italy, Ivory Coast, and Switzerland.

If I were Australian, I think I'd like to be in a group with: England, Croatia and Saudi Arabia.
Looking at the Pots (no not your family menno!), I think you are spot on aves. I pray to the Gods above Australia get England, Pot 3 is bloody tough, Croatia and possibly Switzerland would be OK, Pot 4 either one will do but all tough. If I had to pick from pot 4 I would say give us T&T or SA.

If we get England and Croatia, this country will go nuts. England for obvious reasons , but we also have a huge population of ex-pat Croatians.

I think Germany may find themselves struggling. Can't think of the last time I saw them play well...You can just see it already cant you. Holland - Germany. At least for once, Holland dont get the Czechs.

My tip for the Group Draw...
I think 2 definates are: Holland - Germany & England - Australia of course based on nothing.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di dec 06, 2005 11:42 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:
philippe schreef:I wonder why France and Spain are in Pot 1. This is ridiculous.
Not having a go at you here Philippe but who the hell gives a F**k. The only decent thing about international football and the world cup in particular was Manneken Pis's competition last time around.
MP - will you be running another one for this tournie?

I suppose though that it must be different for people of nations that have never won the world cup before :D :D
Or even been to a World Cup X'C :sad:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo dec 07, 2005 11:23 pm

DanK schreef:
SE6Ajacied schreef:
DanK schreef:Man-o-man...I would love it if the Aussie's got in the same group as the Poms.
I think most of England will join you in that - 3 easy points? :D
Yeah you are 100% correct. 3 easy points...for the Socceroos :eusa_dance:
;) well, I've written on here quite how much I follow my "home" national team but I suppose I need to change that now - I wasn't on Ajaxtalk for the last world cup so didn't have soo many rivals (so come on England (and Holland))
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr dec 09, 2005 12:00 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:
DanK schreef:
SE6Ajacied schreef: I think most of England will join you in that - 3 easy points? :D
Yeah you are 100% correct. 3 easy points...for the Socceroos :eusa_dance:
;) well, I've written on here quite how much I follow my "home" national team but I suppose I need to change that now - I wasn't on Ajaxtalk for the last world cup so didn't have soo many rivals (so come on England (and Holland))
Yep, nothing like a bit of friendly sporting rivalry! Poor, poor England... :aai:
;)

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » vr dec 09, 2005 10:07 pm

Group A
1 Germany
2 Costa Rica
3 Poland
4 Ecuador

Group B
1 England
2 Paraquay
3 Trinidad & Tobago
4 Sweden

Group C
1 Argentina
2 Ivory Coast
3 Serbia and Montenegro
4 Netherlands

Group D
1 Mexico
2 Iran
3 Angola
4 Portugal

Group E
1 Italy
2 Ghana
3 USA
4 Czech Republic

Group F
1 Brasil
2 Croatia
3 Australia
4 Japan

Group G
1 France
2 Switzerland
3 Korea Republic
4 Togo

Group H
1 Spain
2 Ukraine
3 Tunesia
4 Saudi Arabia
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » vr dec 09, 2005 10:45 pm

Only groups C and E look tough for the favorites. I'd say that the rest of the groups will give little surprises.

How will the 2nd and following rounds be formed? It will be nice if Holland ends up on the opposite side of the schedule of Brazil.
Laatst gewijzigd door Dubbel op vr dec 09, 2005 10:47 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr dec 09, 2005 10:46 pm

Latest odds from Bet365.com
Bet365.com schreef:Each-way 1/2 1-2
Add Brazil 4.00 Bet
Add Germany 7.50 Bet
Add England 7.50 Bet
Add Argentina 9.00 Bet
Add France 10.00 Bet
Add Italy 11.00 Bet
Add Holland 13.00 Bet
Add Spain 15.00 Bet
Add Portugal 17.00 Bet
Add Czech Republic 21.00 Bet
Add Mexico 34.00 Bet
Add Sweden 41.00 Bet
Add Ukraine 51.00 Bet
Add Croatia 67.00 Bet
Add USA 67.00 Bet
Add Serbia & Montenegro 101.00 Bet
Add Switzerland 101.00 Bet
Add Ivory Coast 101.00 Bet
Add Australia 101.00 Bet
Add Poland 126.00 Bet
Add Paraguay 201.00 Bet
Add Ecuador 201.00 Bet
Add Ghana 201.00 Bet
Add South Korea 201.00 Bet
Add Japan 251.00 Bet
Add Costa Rica 251.00 Bet
Add Tunisia 251.00 Bet
Add Angola 301.00 Bet
Add Togo 301.00 Bet
Add Saudi Arabia 501.00 Bet
Add Iran 501.00 Bet
Add Trinidad & Tobago 751.00 Bet
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr dec 09, 2005 10:52 pm

Dubbel schreef:Only groups C and E look tough for the favorites. I'd say that the rest of the groups will give little surprises.

How will the 2nd and following rounds be formed? It will be nice if Holland ends up on the opposite side of the schedule of Brazil.
Unfortunately, the US is in Group E. :nooo:

Nonetheless, they certainly can make it. Personally I think they match up better with teams like Italy and the Czech rep than they do with the likes of Sweden or Holland.

As for Holland, that is also a very tough group. Certainly they can make it through, but Ivory Coast and Serbia are going to be very tough matches.

And Australia isn't in a great position either - Croatia and Japan are both going to be tough opponents.

I hope one of those teams makes it into the group stage. If not, there is always Trinidad! :yes:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr dec 09, 2005 11:31 pm

Here's my group analisis:

Group A:

Germany
Costa Rica
Poland
Ecuador

An easy draw for the home team, they will make it trough question is with who??? The three other teams are prety even, all of them play an atacking minded style, and neither of the thre made it to the second round in Korea-Japan.Poland beat Ecuador in a friendly a small while ago 3-1 but friendly's really dont mean anything, if i had to choose i would pick Costa Rica but it is anybodys game here. My picks Germany and Costa Rica

Group B:

England
Paraguay
Trinidad and Tobago
Sweden

This is a fun and ironic group, once again England have to face Sweden like in tha last World Cup, the only diference is that now the English have a Swedish coach, then you have the perennial third team from south america Paraguay, i really think Sweden can top this group plus they have the advantage of playing the newcomers T&T first, speaking of witch the Socca Warriors will have some fun but it'll be a real surpreise if they make it trough, they will probably play the rol of spoiler in the group, who ever looses point's against them will be eliminated. I'll pick Sweden and Paraguay.

Group C

Argentina
Ivory Coast
Serbia and Montenegro
Netherlands

Holy Shit!!!!! Welcome back to the World Cup Dutchies we've missed you and here's the welcoming present.....The Group of death!!!! Once again Argentina is placed in the hardest group of them all, will they fail again??? I dont think so but you never know with them Argentinians.
Ivory coast also get a welcoming party in their first try, i was wishing for this team to come in with a splash but now it's really hard to say, even Serbia and Montenegro who beat Spain in their qualifying group can sneak in. Damn this one is hard but im going with the favorites. Netherlands and Argentina make it trough.

Group D

Mexico
Iran
Angola
Portugal

Talk about a weak group, if not the weakest.Nothing hard to predict here Portugal have the experience and ability to make it through after crashing out in the last edition and Mexico always make it to the second round. Angola is the wild card here i have never seen them play but they did eliminate Nigeria so there must be something up their sleeve if they survive their first game against Portugal they might just have a shot. If you dont know Angola is the first african portuguese speaking country to make it to a world cup.Iran will have some nice vacation's in Germany and a lot of time to shop around. Mexico and Portugal with little doubt.

Group E
Italy
Ghana
Czech Republic
USA

Here's another cracker for ya, this one is going to be exiting.Will the italian catenaccio be able to saty upright against ofensive powerhouses like USA and the Czech Republic, its going to be hard to say but a real dandy to watch. Ghana round out the group not being an easy oponent at all, the Ghanaian's qualified for the first time but this team's debut in a World Cup is somewhat overdue after being World Champions in various lower age categories.This team will be a stern test for all of the other teams. I'm going with an inmense upset here Czech Republic and Ghana(you read it right) qualify.

Group F

Brazil
Croacia
Australia
Japan

This is a well rounded group, the world champions should not have any trouble making it trough, but the second slot is really up for grabs.
Once again Zico the Brazilian legend standing only behind Pele in his country has the dificult task to beat his own country, the first time they played was in this Year's confederation's Cup 3-2 for Brazil was the final score, the Aussies come back after quite some time, their is some chance of them getting to the second round but they must play a lot better than they did in the Confederation's Cup.Then we have Croacia a team that beat the Dutch to third place in France 98 and a team that topped their group in qualifying.Not an easy group but i'll go with Brazil(duh!!) and Japan.

Group G

France
Switzerland
Korea
Togo

Cake walk for France here, Switzerland end up with France again after they played each other at Euro 2004, the Swiss are young and rising and have a chance in this group, Korea look for a good fallow up after their good perfomance in 2002 thay also have a chance, Togo are newcomers to the big dance having eliminated the last World Cup cinderella in the process(Senegal) still they have a lot to learn and will have fun but dont look for them to qualify. France and Korea should make it trough

Group H

Spain
Ukrane
Tunisia
Saudi Arabia

After a rough ride in the qualifying round's it seems like the Spaniards will finally catch a break, they should qualify with ease.Shevshenko's Ukrane qualify for the first time and they were the first European team to do so after a splendid qualifying round, now can they keep it up???. Tunisia enter the draw as the actual African Champions, they achieved that goal in 2003, they have a chance in this group.Then we have the eternal qualifiers yet somewhat underachiever's Saudi Arabia, once again i dont think this team has a chance.It's Spain and Tunisia for me.

Well thats it, the first match will be played june 9th in Munich
Germany-Costa Rica.

I cant wait!!!!!!! :eusa_dance: :xyxthumbs: :yes: ;)
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr dec 09, 2005 11:39 pm

Dubbel schreef:Only groups C and E look tough for the favorites. I'd say that the rest of the groups will give little surprises.

That is the case D that is the reason Germany was in group A and Brazil was in group F before hand, they can only meet in the finals.The same thing goes for groups B,C and D if the dutch make it trough that horrible looking group they will only face Brazil in the finals.

Here's a link:
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/bracket.html
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » vr dec 09, 2005 11:48 pm

Thanks a lot. That does sound good. My experiences in seeing Oranje play against the devined canaries are pretty glim.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr dec 09, 2005 11:55 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Here's my group analisis:
Group F
Brazil
Croacia
Australia
Japan

This is a well rounded group, the world champions should not have any trouble making it trough, but the second slot is really up for grabs.
Once again Zico the Brazilian legend standing only behind Pele in his country has the dificult task to beat his own country, the first time they played was in this Year's confederation's Cup 3-2 for Brazil was the final score, the Aussies come back after quite some time, their is some chance of them getting to the second round but they must play a lot better than they did in the Confederation's Cup.Then we have Croacia a team that beat the Dutch to third place in France 98 and a team that topped their group in qualifying.Not an easy group but i'll go with Brazil(duh!!) and Japan.

I cant wait!!!!!!! :eusa_dance: :xyxthumbs: :yes: ;)
If I had to pick a group for Australia to be in this isn't actually that bad for us. Drawing Japan as the first match is pretty handy. The record b/w us is 5 wins each and 4 draws. Either team can win. This could be 3 points (which would be nice).

Our 2nd game against Brazil is bloody tough, but hey this is the WC right? In one way though its really nice to play a team like Brazil. I just hope this isnt a 4-0 hammering or something. Our only chance here is Brazil is better at attacking than defending (just).

Our record against Croatia isnt bad either. We have only played them 4 times I think. We have 2 wins and a draw.

There is a chance we could get 6 points, but not counting on it. 4 would be good. The game against Japan is a must, must win. Its going to be tough, but it could have been worse. At least we have a small chance of getting into the 2nd round.

Here are my picks:
Group A
1. Germany - 2.Poland (maybe Costa Rica) - This group is rigged by the Gerries!!!
Group B
1. Sweden - 2. England
Group C
1. Argentina - 2. Netherlands (IC maybe be a surprise here)
Group D (boring....)
1. Mexico - 2. Portugal
Group E
1. Italy - 2. Czech (Ghana's a chance here)
Group F
1. Australia - 2. Japan...ooops forgot theres another yellow team here. OK
1. Brazil - 2. Austalia (Seriously this is a chance)
Group G
1. France - 2. Switzerland (think Korea might struggle away from home)
Group H
1. Ukraine - 2.Tunisa (Spain out...)

Not sure who ends up with who after the first round yet but most of the favourites will get through.
Winner
Brazil or Argentina - Dont care about it being in Europe
Surprise package
Tunisa or Australia
Outsider to win
Sweden
First Big Team out
Spain
Teams I want to win
Australia.
Netherlands.
Sweden.
Teams I dont want to win
Germany (this is a no brainer)

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » za dec 10, 2005 12:06 am

Here are my picks:
Group A
1. Germany - 2.Poland
Group B
1. England - 2. Sweden
Group C
1. Argentina - 2. Servia
Group D
1. Portugal - 2. Mexico
Group E
1. Italy - 2. Usa
Group F
1. Brazil - 2. Croatia
Group G
1. France - 2. S.Korea
Group H
1. Ukraine - 2. Spain

Winner
England or Germany
Surprise package
TNT
Outsider to win
Portugal
First Big Team out
Holland
Teams I want to win
Holland, France
Teams I don't want to win
Brazil, Argentina

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » za dec 10, 2005 12:23 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef: Group B:

England
Paraguay
Trinidad and Tobago
Sweden

This is a fun and ironic group, once again England have to face Sweden like in tha last World Cup, the only diference is that now the English have a Swedish coach.
Our Swedish friend Mr. Eriksson was coach at England the last time as well. It'll be a tough one, Sweden has played very well against England lately.

Here's what I predict:

Group A
Germany and Equador.
Group B
England and Sweden.
Group C
Serbia Montenegro and Holland.
Group D
Mexico and Portugal.
Group E
Italy and USA.
Group F
Brazil and Croatia.
Group G
France and South Korea.
Group H
Spain and Ukraine.

Winner
Brazil.
Outsider to win
Can't really see anyone, but Brazil. If I must choose it'll be Italy with Luca Toni in form.
First Big Team out
Argentina.
Teams I want to win
Brazil, Sweden or Holland.
Germany, Spain, Croatia or Serbia Montenegro.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za dec 10, 2005 12:50 am

Group A on paper is the easiest...cmon Germany got the easy way

Group A
Germany and Equador.
Group B
Sweden and England.
Group C
Holland and Ivory Coast.
Group D
Mexico and Portugal.
Group E
Italy and Ghana.
Group F
Brazil and Croatia.
Group G
Swiss and South Korea.
Group H
Spain and Ukraine.

Winner
HOLLAND :D.
Outsider to win
Not too sure...
First Big Team out
Argentina.
Teams I want to win
Holland, Japan, or Australia
Germany, Brazil, France, and Argentina
Get a Cock

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za dec 10, 2005 2:06 am

jakobg schreef:
Venezuelan Ajacied schreef: Group B:

England
Paraguay
Trinidad and Tobago
Sweden

This is a fun and ironic group, once again England have to face Sweden like in tha last World Cup, the only diference is that now the English have a Swedish coach.
Our Swedish friend Mr. Eriksson was coach at England the last time as well. It'll be a tough one, Sweden has played very well against England lately.

Here's what I predict:

Group A
Germany and Equador.
Group B
England and Sweden.
Group C
Serbia Montenegro and Holland.
Group D
Mexico and Portugal.
Group E
Italy and USA.
Group F
Brazil and Croatia.
Group G
France and South Korea.
Group H
Spain and Ukraine.

Winner
Brazil.
Outsider to win
Can't really see anyone, but Brazil. If I must choose it'll be Italy with Luca Toni in form.
First Big Team out
Argentina.
Teams I want to win
Brazil, Sweden or Holland.
Germany, Spain, Croatia or Serbia Montenegro.
Up's youre right my bad :D

I guess i'll fill this up too:

Winner

Argentina

Outsider to win

Netherlands(Go Oranje!!!)

Surprise

Costa Rica,Ghana.

First Big Team out

England

Teams I want to win

Netherlands,Sweden and any other underdog.

Any team who has already won a World Cup plus Spain and Portugal.
Laatst gewijzigd door Venezuelan Ajacied op za dec 10, 2005 2:09 am, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

bryan

Bericht door bryan » za dec 10, 2005 2:09 am

I don't think Spain want to win the World Cup themselves.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za dec 10, 2005 2:19 am

bryan schreef:I don't think Spain want to win the World Cup themselves.
Freaking Spaniards are all a group of cynic's right after the draw there was a newspaper that on the frontpage had a big bull and in huge letters "WE FEAR NO ONE".

Well duh!!!! They have one of the weakest groups.I would have wanted them to say that had they had a group like Italy.

On the other hand i was surprised by the remarks of Johan Cruyff, he was asked by Carlos Bilardo one of the legendary coaches in Argentina what did he think about the draw and his first word was "Perfect". He also aded that it was better to face Argentina now rather than later, what impresed me was that while the Argentinians were talking about how worried they were, the Dutch were as cool as a cucumber.

By the way Bilardo did interrupt a Dutch show while they were filming live a suppose, all of the dutch coaches were sharing a glass of wine or champagne. Some of our dutch friends might have seen this.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za dec 10, 2005 3:09 am

My .02 :
Group A Germany Costa Rica, Poland ,Ecuador
Prediction is Germany and Poland

Group B England,Paraguay, T&T,Sweden
Prediction: England and Sweden go through.T&T voted best fans to party with.Love the steel drums and island rhythms.Paraguay without Jose Luis Chilavert...bland.

Group C Argentina, Ivory Coast/Cote` D'Ivoire , Netherlands,Serbia Montenegro
Prediction: Netherlands and Argentima.Can't wait to see Ajacieden on the big stage and Lionel Messi of Argentina. My nominee for Group of Death , barely edging out group E.

Group D Mexico ,Angola, Portugal, Iran
Prediction: Portugal edges Mexico. The former Colonizer v. former Colony match, Portugal v. Angola, peeks my interest.
I just hope Iran leaves their a-hole president in Tehran.What a nutter.

Group E Runner up in the GoD sweepstakes.
Italy, Ghana, Czech Republic, USA
Prediction: Italy, Czech Republic. USA really up against it. Noone to blame but themselves.US Soccer Fed should've scheduled more games in Europe and paid more attention to the Confederation's Cup of a few years back . 1 more co-efficient point might have meant they were a seeded side.Ghana, with Essien(watch out Landy-cakes and Run DMB), Apia, and Kufour ,will be difficult to beat.US needs 3 points hear to have a shot. Not sure they have what it takes unless Keller is out-of-his-mind brilliant.

Group F Brazil, Australia, Croatia, Japan
Brazil and,in a bit of a surprise, Oz to go thru.

Group G France, Togo,Switzerland, Republic of Korea
France and Switzerland to go thru.

Group H Spain, Tunisia, Ukraine, Saudi Arabia
Spain usually BLOWS like a stiff wind in the big competitions,but they will get to the round of 16.Ukraine just barely edges Tunisia for the runner-up slot.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za dec 10, 2005 4:23 am

Raymon schreef:Group C
1 Argentina
2 Ivory Coast
3 Serbia and Montenegro
4 Netherlands
Holland vs Argentina at France '98 was one of the most memorable footie matches I've ever watched. Can't wait.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » za dec 10, 2005 7:09 am

Blind3 schreef: Group F Brazil, Australia, Croatia, Japan
Good call Blind3... :xyxthumbs:

I am trying to remain impartial, but in all honesty this is as good a draw that we could have got. The only thing better may have been to be in with Mexico or have Switzerland instead of Croatia. It could have been much worse. Imagine our chances with Argentina and Holland?

Japan up first is a real chance at 3 points. Out of all the teams in the WC for Australia, we and Japan actually have a footballing history (along with maybe Korea and Iran). Any of the Asians teams can beat any of the others on a good day.

IF and it is and if, we can get the 3 points in our first game, it gives you a real chance to progress. I think we can safely say 0 points against Brazil, and it just maybe that we need 1 point is against Croatia (which again is actually a real chance as we have played well against them in the past).

Tell you the truth though I am just happy for Australia to finally be part of this again. I cant remember when the WC Draw got such a write up here.

On another note...As much as I enjoy watching Argentina play (when they play at their best) I hope that Holland will kick Argentina's smelly butts. 78 was a bullshit final. (Was it Peru that "lost" 6-0 that let Argentina into the final?)

I will never, never forget Dennis' goal in 98. One of my all time fav moments in football.

Altijd Oranje! Hup Holland Hup etc

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za dec 10, 2005 7:50 am

DanK schreef:
Blind3 schreef: Group F Brazil, Australia, Croatia, Japan
Good call Blind3... :xyxthumbs:

I am trying to remain impartial, but in all honesty this is as good a draw that we could have got. The only thing better may have been to be in with Mexico or have Switzerland instead of Croatia. It could have been much worse. Imagine our chances with Argentina and Holland?

Japan up first is a real chance at 3 points. Out of all the teams in the WC for Australia, we and Japan actually have a footballing history (along with maybe Korea and Iran). Any of the Asians teams can beat any of the others on a good day.

IF and it is and if, we can get the 3 points in our first game, it gives you a real chance to progress. I think we can safely say 0 points against Brazil, and it just maybe that we need 1 point is against Croatia (which again is actually a real chance as we have played well against them in the past).

Tell you the truth though I am just happy for Australia to finally be part of this again. I cant remember when the WC Draw got such a write up here.

On another note...As much as I enjoy watching Argentina play (when they play at their best) I hope that Holland will kick Argentina's smelly butts. 78 was a bullshit final. (Was it Peru that "lost" 6-0 that let Argentina into the final?)

I will never, never forget Dennis' goal in 98. One of my all time fav moments in football.
Altijd Oranje! Hup Holland Hup etc
Right on Chugger and Dank, i have an 8 part poster showing the pics taken from the moment he controled the ball, went trough Ayala and fired over Roa. The poster is called "Bergkamp = Art". What a beuty that was, Made me go crazy :xyxthumbs: Hup Holland !!!!

And i have to agree the Aussies do have a shot, the second place spot in that group is really up for grab's.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za dec 10, 2005 11:07 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Here's my group analisis:

Group A:

Germany
Costa Rica
Poland
Ecuador

An easy draw for the home team, they will make it trough question is with who??? The three other teams are prety even, all of them play an atacking minded style, and neither of the thre made it to the second round in Korea-Japan.Poland beat Ecuador in a friendly a small while ago 3-1 but friendly's really dont mean anything, if i had to choose i would pick Costa Rica but it is anybodys game here. My picks Germany and Costa Rica

It was 3-0 :xyxthumbs: . Well, I won't say that Poland play "attacking minded style". We prefer counter-attacks, so it will be good for us when Ecuador and Costa Rica will play brave, offensive football... I think it was not very bad draw for us, we have big chances to qualify to the 2nd round. It all depends on our first game. I hope we will beat Ecuador just like in friendly game few weeks ago (it will be harder, because they didn't play their best squad in Barcelona...). I don't think that Costa Rica is good enough to beat us... And- with a bit o luck- we are able to win or draw with Germany, which are not as good as few years ago. The game against Germany will be important for us, because their strikers- Mirosław Klose and Łukasz Podolski were born in Poland...

In my opinion:

1.Germany
2. Poland :headbang:

Rubin Stark

Bericht door Rubin Stark » za dec 10, 2005 12:58 pm

I was hoping this WC they would put Italy, Germany, Portugal, and Spain in one group and ship them off to a distant island where no-one has to witness their garbage.

Ghana, the US, and Czech Republic in a single group could mean a goal feast.

As long as there's plenty of goals and minimal play-acting, it will be a great tournament.

Brazil in a canter.
"The joy of seeing Yuri Gargarin flying in space is only superseded by the joy of
a good penalty save." - Lev Yashin

Gesloten