Klaas-Jan Huntelaar

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » wo mar 08, 2006 3:31 pm

aveslacker schreef:I would hope that we could get more than 25 million for him if he puts up numbers like that.

But this is all premature. Lets hope that he stays healthy, continues to score and make those around him better, and that Blind/Van Geel build a good team around him so that we can get back to our rightful place at the top of Europe!!!! :headbang: :headbang:
I must say that you are very quick, mates :D . We've just bought him and after a few weeks you are ready to sell him ;) .

BTW- he has a big chance to became the first Eredivisie topscorer from Ajax since Jari Litmanen's title 10 (or more) years ago :eusa_dance: .

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » wo mar 08, 2006 10:58 pm

And it will only get better. Next season he'll be making each of his 30+ goals for Ajax. ;)

And you're right. We shouldn't even think about selling Huntelaar at this point.

BPBlueSox
Contacteer:

Bericht door BPBlueSox » do mar 09, 2006 12:10 am

Selling?

Huntelaar?

Who brought up this shit? :redcard: ;)

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » do mar 09, 2006 12:40 am

Wait till we reach a semi-final in the coming years(nezt year with hopefully a better defence) and then after he has won a couple of titles sell him aroun 2009/2010 for as much as we can. At least 15 million

I believe Hunter will shine in Germany this summer. Afterall Ruud and Makaay arent top form now and certainly wont get any better till summer
May the Force be with you

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » do mar 09, 2006 2:07 am

Marco van Basten will have to call him up for his side before he shines at the World Cup, Souras. Honestly, I'm hoping Huntelaar will do no such thing. We'll want to keep the kid around for at least another 3 years and that would be tough if he plays a great WC.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » do mar 09, 2006 9:58 am

I think he will call him. Did you see Makaay perform? Or maybe another from the old school? I believe when Holland play their next friendly Van Basten will call him up and start him on the 1st 11. He just waits for some othes. Van Basten has proved to be good in calling youngsters. I would be very dissapointed if he let the Eredivisie's top scorer out of the Oranje squad
May the Force be with you

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do mar 09, 2006 10:37 am

I would be surpirsed if vB wouldn't give KJH a run at some stage before the WC. But one thing with Marco, he is never pressured into doing something he doesn't want to do.

Frans

Bericht door Frans » do mar 09, 2006 11:03 am

Squads for the WC need to be finalised by May 15th. Holland's next friendly is June 1st.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do mar 09, 2006 12:29 pm

I believe Huntelaar will get called, after all he is better than Hesselink, Makaay, and even Van Nistelrooy.

Even if he would have a good WC, he's very dedicated so Im sure he'll stay
Get a Cock

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do mar 09, 2006 1:50 pm

He might want to, but if he has a breakout WC and some "big" club offers a ton of money, he might not have a choice in the matter.

I'm hoping that he doesn't get selected or that if he is selected he doesn't play much. He is clearly going to star for Oranje one day, but it might be better for his development if he doesn't do it yet.

If he does go the WC, some of the things that might happen are not so good for those of us who want to see him with Ajax: 1) he might have a great world cup and Ajax will sell him (for a hefty profit, of course); 2) he might get injured; or 3) he might find out that his promotion was too-much-too-soon and he will get outplayed, lose his confidence and suffer a crisis in form(the Van der Meyde effect).

That's why I'm hoping he waits until Euro '08 to make his debut, although I assume he would get a look in qualifying at the very least.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do mar 09, 2006 2:04 pm

Ummm... Just a question: why is everybody talking about selling Huntelaar?

The only place where people are even thinking about that option is this very thread on Ajax Talk...

He won't be here forever, and probably not even for a long time, but selling him in the summer...? Come on. That is absolutely out of the question, simple as that.

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » do mar 09, 2006 2:38 pm

Word.

Even thinking about selling him is stupid. I want him where he belongs : at Ajax, scoring hat-tricks every week end.
meh :|

dws

Bericht door dws » do mar 09, 2006 3:55 pm

Van Basten MUST take Huntelaar to Germany. Oranje can't afford to gamble on Van Nistelrooij remaining fit for the duration of the World Cup.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do mar 09, 2006 6:14 pm

Let me be clear: I don't want him sold either. But if he continues scoring at this clip, it is foreseeable that he could generate some serious interest and get some offers by next summer. I hope that the powers-that-be don't sell him until 08 at the earliest, but if some team dangles a whole shitload of money, it would be hard to refuse.

Clearly this is putting the cart before the horse. Perhaps he'll want to play his entire career at Ajax. I wouldn't mind that. But by the same token, if he can bring in big money one day, the board would be foolish not to consider it.

Buy you are right: talking about selling him is premature.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mar 09, 2006 7:05 pm

The biggest mystery is that he has not gained a cap whereas Babel has!!

I do not think anyone can say he is better than Van Nistlerooy, as he is the leading scorer in our Premiership.

Scoring a bagful of goals against RBC and Sparta is not quite the same as our premiership.

All I can say is that he looks a natural goalscorer and the one against Inter was superb.If he keeps scoring at the current rate we will likely see him here until 2008, when he will have had 4 years of regular goalscoring in Holland and possibly ready to move on. Time will tell.

In ther meantime he is doing a great job for us and the team must be gaining in confidence.

dws

Bericht door dws » do mar 09, 2006 7:43 pm

SPL schreef:The biggest mystery is that he has not gained a cap whereas Babel has!!

I do not think anyone can say he is better than Van Nistlerooy, as he is the leading scorer in our Premiership.

Scoring a bagful of goals against RBC and Sparta is not quite the same as our premiership.

All I can say is that he looks a natural goalscorer and the one against Inter was superb.If he keeps scoring at the current rate we will likely see him here until 2008, when he will have had 4 years of regular goalscoring in Holland and possibly ready to move on. Time will tell.

In ther meantime he is doing a great job for us and the team must be gaining in confidence.
Premiership Smemiership :D

Ruud is a fantastic striker and Klaas-Jan is proving to be the very same. :xyxthumbs:

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » do mar 09, 2006 9:04 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Ummm... Just a question: why is everybody talking about selling Huntelaar?

The only place where people are even thinking about that option is this very thread on Ajax Talk...

He won't be here forever, and probably not even for a long time, but selling him in the summer...? Come on. That is absolutely out of the question, simple as that.

K.
To remind you.

Some people actually started talking about selling him even before the signing was confirmed 100% :D

Ajax.....we sell the best ones, we get rid of the really bad ones. And stick with, well the Heitingas and the Boukharis.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » do mar 09, 2006 9:16 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:I believe Huntelaar will get called, after all he is better than Hesselink, Makaay, and even Van Nistelrooy.

I know Huntelaar's doing a good job but let's not count him amongst the world's best just yet.

I don't know if I want Huntelaar to go to the WC. If he plays well there, topclubs might get interested.

dws

Bericht door dws » do mar 09, 2006 9:29 pm

Thomas schreef:
ZoefdeHaas schreef:I believe Huntelaar will get called, after all he is better than Hesselink, Makaay, and even Van Nistelrooy.

I know Huntelaar's doing a good job but let's not count him amongst the world's best just yet.

I don't know if I want Huntelaar to go to the WC. If he plays well there, topclubs might get interested.
Thomas, the top clubs, as you refer to them, are aware of KJH in the way that they knew of Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard and Van Nisterooij prior to any of them having played at a major International tournament.

Stop worrying. Huntelaar has his head screwed on. I think this lad will remain at Ajax for the duration of his contract. I also believe he will extend his contract, thus ensuring Ajax get a big fat fee when the time comes to sell him. :yes: :xyxthumbs:

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » do mar 09, 2006 10:24 pm

dws schreef:Thomas, the top clubs, as you refer to them, are aware of KJH in the way that they knew of Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard and Van Nisterooij prior to any of them having played at a major International tournament.
I'm a big fan of Huntelaar too, but sorry. I don't think we should be comparing him to footballing greats like Gullit, Van Basten and Rijkaard just yet.

What could work to our advantage in keeping Huntelaar is that he's a typical striker for the 4-3-3 system. There aren't many topclubs that play that way. :xyxthumbs:

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do mar 09, 2006 11:01 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: selling him in the summer..That is absolutely out of the question

K.
Well, I've joined this one a bit late (work, who'd go there?) but I really hope so. Huntelaar (and Rosenburg's form of late) has really made our season, if KJH has his head screwed on then he'll be staying a season or two to really establish himself before he moves on (though personally I'm hoping he's in the same phsyci as a certain Mr Matt Le Tissier (who stayed at Southampton his whole career despite big money offers and the like). Even if we get the ££££'s, Ajax will only squander it up the wall just as likely.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

dws

Bericht door dws » do mar 09, 2006 11:16 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef: selling him in the summer..That is absolutely out of the question

K.
Well, I've joined this one a bit late (work, who'd go there?) but I really hope so. Huntelaar (and Rosenburg's form of late) has really made our season, if KJH has his head screwed on then he'll be staying a season or two to really establish himself before he moves on (though personally I'm hoping he's in the same phsyci as a certain Mr Matt Le Tissier (who stayed at Southampton his whole career despite big money offers and the like). Even if we get the ££££'s, Ajax will only squander it up the wall just as likely.
Just come in from work, you say :eusa_liar: :D ..... more like the pub :alc: :xyxthumbs:

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do mar 09, 2006 11:24 pm

dws schreef:
Just come in from work, you say :eusa_liar: :D ..... more like the pub :alc: :xyxthumbs:
I bloody wish, it was work I'm afraid :pukey: , and now I need some :alc: :alc:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr mar 10, 2006 9:41 am

Ladies and gentlemen: KJH has signed a contract for 4.5 seasons. Normally, he won't stay until the end, but leave one or two years before it expires. That's in 2008 or 2009.

Selling a fantastic player after six months, while he has four years left on his contract...? That has absolutely never happened before, anywhere, and it won't happen now. Come on. This whole discussion is surreal. As if it's even an option.

K.
Still alive...

dws

Bericht door dws » vr mar 10, 2006 11:19 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Ladies and gentlemen: KJH has signed a contract for 4.5 seasons. Normally, he won't stay until the end, but leave one or two years before it expires. That's in 2008 or 2009.

Selling a fantastic player after six months, while he has four years left on his contract...? That has absolutely never happened before, anywhere, and it won't happen now. Come on. This whole discussion is surreal. As if it's even an option.

K.
I'm sure Clive Allen signed for 2 clubs in the space of a few weeks. Can't remember all the details. But, agree with you on Huntelaar. :xyxthumbs:

Gesloten