New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr jun 13, 2008 3:33 am

aveslacker schreef:And Blind doesn't exactly inspire faith based on his personnel moves as Ajax manager. Hopefully Marco's making the decisions and Danny's rubber-stamping them.
I'm hoping MVB can at least convince Engelaar (and Boularouhz) to come with him to Amsterdam...both looked awsome against Italy...maybe Van Basten's trust in them can lure'em to Ajax.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr jun 13, 2008 7:46 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:
aveslacker schreef:And Blind doesn't exactly inspire faith based on his personnel moves as Ajax manager. Hopefully Marco's making the decisions and Danny's rubber-stamping them.
I'm hoping MVB can at least convince Engelaar (and Boularouhz) to come with him to Amsterdam...both looked awsome against Italy...maybe Van Basten's trust in them can lure'em to Ajax.
I thought Engelaar was heading to Schalke as a done deal?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jun 13, 2008 7:01 pm

I have just read we are to sign a 22 former Fword youth called Howard Nidd.
A midfielder. He played for Bedford Town last season in Southern Premier which in English means he played at League level 7 (SEVEN ) but did not impress. Aron Winter has seen him have a trial with our reserves and he is going to be offered a contract for our reserve team !!!!!!!!

What the hell is this about!!! Does Winter really think this guy is going to be potential for our first team after all that is why we sign players for our reserves.

I would like to think one of you Dutch speakers would put me right , trouble is the link was to Bedford Town english site.

Now I really do not know what our scouts are doing.

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » vr jun 13, 2008 7:42 pm

DanK schreef:
Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:
I thought Engelaar was heading to Schalke as a done deal?
And I thought Khalid was heading to Marseille.

:confused.gif:
Portland Timbers FC - AFC Ajax - Southampton FC

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » za jun 14, 2008 2:18 am

If that's true about the 7th division fella, I think we have a worse signing than Colin.

I thought it was also pretty definite that Engelaar is going to Schalke with Rutten.

I hadn't seen anything definite about Boulahrouz yet. I don't remember if he's still under contract at Chelsea, but don't know how he'd figure in for Scolari. If anything his performances with Oranje lately will probably make him more sought after by other clubs. I think he's certainly no worse than than pretty much any defender (save Heitinga/Stam/Grygera) we've had the last few years.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » ma jun 23, 2008 10:12 am

:anew.gif: :anew.gif: :anew.gif:

Miralem Sulejmani.

OK...this has been rolling for a few weeks....how close is this "deal", and where's the cash coming from???

http://www.aboutaball.co.uk/footballnew ... icleID=757

Anyone "know"????

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » ma jun 23, 2008 3:51 pm

The Howard Nidd story came initially from his agent, the Bedford paper just took it as genuine. I have my doubts.

Engelaar hasn't signed for anyone yet, Twente and Schalke couldn't agree a transfer sum. Aside from Schalke, Everton and (inevitably) Newcastle United have also officially approached F.C. Twente.

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » ma jun 23, 2008 4:31 pm

SaddlerIan schreef::anew.gif: :anew.gif: :anew.gif:

Miralem Sulejmani.

OK...this has been rolling for a few weeks....how close is this "deal", and where's the cash coming from???

http://www.aboutaball.co.uk/footballnew ... icleID=757

Anyone "know"????

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:

I think it's all a waiting game at this point. Heerenveen is going to hold out until they find out which club will pay the most. I don't think it will be Ajax and I think Herenveen would prefer he went to a club outside of the Eredivisie. I think most major transfer deals have been on hold because of the Euros and coaching changes but should start picking up again soon.

I don't think anyone really knows anything more, it's just waiting until Herenveen gets what they're looking for.

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » wo jun 25, 2008 4:53 pm

Reports today that Ajax have made an 8M Euro offer for Palmeiras central defender Henrique. He's 21 years old and got his first call-up to the Brazil national squad a few months ago. Barcelona is also interested and is considering a 9M Euro offer, but the articles I've read today indicate that Barca would most likely loan him straight back to Palmeiras for another year. Perhaps the player would prefer the opportunity for immediate first-team action at Ajax. And at this point, Ajax is the only club that have actually made an offer. We all know they need to sign a couple central defenders, so maybe this is who Marco sees as Heitinga's replacement. Interesting, if true.
Portland Timbers FC - AFC Ajax - Southampton FC

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » wo jun 25, 2008 5:00 pm

AjaxPDX schreef:Reports today that Ajax have made an 8M Euro offer for Palmeiras central defender Henrique. He's 21 years old and got his first call-up to the Brazil national squad a few months ago. Barcelona is also interested and is considering a 9M Euro offer, but the articles I've read today indicate that Barca would most likely loan him straight back to Palmeiras for another year. Perhaps the player would prefer the opportunity for immediate first-team action at Ajax. And at this point, Ajax is the only club that have actually made an offer. We all know they need to sign a couple central defenders, so maybe this is who Marco sees as Heitinga's replacement. Interesting, if true.
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/ne ... rique.html

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo jun 25, 2008 7:19 pm

I see that the deal has to go through an agency that owns 80% of his transfer fee. Isn't that kind of like the deal that brought Tevez and Mascherano to England?

I think those organizations are pretty sketchy.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » do jun 26, 2008 3:22 pm

Apparently Palmeiras don't agree with the 8 Million transfer fee and are holding out, especially as Henrique will be playing in the Olympics and they feel this could raise it even higher. Not too surprising if Barca, or any other club for that matter, was offering more. In this day and age, they will hold out for the highest fee, and still can for a few months without any problems.

I don't know much about Henrique, but he at least sounds like the kind of player that we need. I think it's going to be interesting to see what the squad looks like at the start of the season as it should be so drastically different from last year. I just hope the right changes are made.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jun 27, 2008 10:56 am

According to english press we have made a bid for Yossi Benayoun, 28 year old Isreal midfieder at Liverpool. Price £5m. Other EPL clubs want him so do not hold your breath.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » vr jun 27, 2008 1:10 pm

SPL schreef:According to english press we have made a bid for Yossi Benayoun, 28 year old Isreal midfieder at Liverpool. Price £5m. Other EPL clubs want him so do not hold your breath.
According to this site...the man don't want to go!!!!!

http://www.worldfootballers.com/footbal ... 18938.html

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » di jul 01, 2008 12:27 pm

HENRIQUE We're still fighting for him!!!!

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=757912

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » wo jul 02, 2008 8:22 am

Benayoun

It's back again! He doesn't want to leave Liverpool, but, apparently, we have made a bid!!

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=100702

Going the other way....the KJH saga rolls on :confused.gif: :confused.gif:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=100725

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jul 02, 2008 10:31 am

Is he not a right sided attacking player? We have Kennedy Leonardo Rommedahl and Martina all attacking and can play on the right side!!!

We need to be signing 2 central defenders, very quickly with training starting in 12 days.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo jul 02, 2008 12:45 pm

SPL schreef:Is he not a right sided attacking player? We have Kennedy Leonardo Rommedahl and Martina all attacking and can play on the right side!!!

We need to be signing 2 central defenders, very quickly with training starting in 12 days.
Leonardo is not coming back, martina is still too young, kennedy is unproven with ajax and rommedahl is bench material though a good one...all of them except martina are wingers..Benayoun is a midfielder who can play as a #10...looks almost impossible but i would love to see him with us....fans would love given given he's from israel :ajaxsmiley.gif:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » wo jul 02, 2008 2:32 pm

PAVLYUCHENKO

Yet another "target"! This one's Russian!!!!

http://www.soccerway.com/news/2008/July ... vlyuchenko

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo jul 02, 2008 2:46 pm

SPL schreef:Is he not a right sided attacking player? We have Kennedy Leonardo Rommedahl and Martina all attacking and can play on the right side!!!

Suarez?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo jul 02, 2008 2:48 pm

SaddlerIan schreef::anew.gif: :anew.gif: :anew.gif:

Benayoun

It's back again! He doesn't want to leave Liverpool, but, apparently, we have made a bid!!

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=100702

Going the other way....the KJH saga rolls on :confused.gif: :confused.gif:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=100725
I would take anything unsourced from Tribal Football with a huge grain of salt. That's why it's nice to see them quoting De Telegraaf on the Benayoun story.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo jul 02, 2008 6:13 pm

I thought replacing Johnny Heitinga was a priority. Unless, that is, Ajax are foregoing defense this year. Come to think of it, they did that last year. How I love silly season. I think everyone but Ronaldinho and Arshavin have been rumoured for us.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jul 02, 2008 7:15 pm

Would add that replacing Heits and another for Stam are priority.

I know Benayoun is not a winger but the others quoted by me do not look as if they will leave. MVB wants Leonardo and Kennedy to stay!!

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » wo jul 02, 2008 7:51 pm

According to Ajax, replacing Heitinga is a priority, I believe Blind made comments to that effect the other day. However, they surely don't seem to be acting with much urgency on it yet, and sure didn't last year.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo jul 02, 2008 8:33 pm

gordonvandekamp schreef:According to Ajax, replacing Heitinga is a priority, I believe Blind made comments to that effect the other day. However, they surely don't seem to be acting with much urgency on it yet, and sure didn't last year.
Its still 2 months to go until the close of the transfer window and more importantly just after a major tournament. This always seems to delay movements for a few weeks, I will be more worried if its early August and still no word.

Plaats reactie