General Football Discussion

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo sep 02, 2007 8:33 pm

Just so you Amsterdam based lot know, if you head down to the Sports Bar in Leidseplein tommorrow night for 19.30hrs UK time you can watch the mighty 'pool army at home to Hull City on Sky Sports 1.

One of the perks of getting promoted is even more footy on the TV.

Come on you 'Pool.....!!!
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma sep 03, 2007 8:34 am

SE6Ajacied schreef:
SPL schreef:My Sunday paper , Express, says Spurs are lining up Koeman and Jol will come to us.
Not sure the Express is all that reliable.

I wouldn't be totally against that though. I don't classify Spurs last two years as a failure really (and this season is far too early to judge - including us IMO). Spurs hadn't quailified for Europe for years til recently and having ManUtd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool in the same league doesn't exactly make 5th a easy/especially poor finish. I don't know what the compared budgets/income is but I expect Tottenham's is a lot less than the other four.
I don't get very excited by the idea of Jol as coach.
He seems decent and all that, but so have some of the others that have failed since louis VG left.

The problems seem too profound to be solved by a 'decent' coach... we need what the Dutch would call a "topper". Then the list gets very small;

- Louis VG
- Co A
- Gus H
- Johan C (I know... he's not interested)

That's it, that's all....
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma sep 03, 2007 2:00 pm

what about van Basten ?
Appie, stay strong !

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma sep 03, 2007 3:26 pm

philippe schreef:what about van Basten ?
No.
Get a Cock

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » di sep 04, 2007 7:01 am

Honestly, at this moment in time, CoA is the ideal man.

Van Gaal, JCruijff,MvB, FR = Legends. Let's leave it that way. I hate to see their legacy screwed over by this bunch of numnuts.
Jol = Over-rated
GH = Not for this kind of job. We're NOT a 3rd world footballing side *yet*.

Co came at a time when Jan Wouters had just screwed us over and in truth he layed the foundation for Koeman to work on. Co's a grafter and he'll at least get some of these players playing.

Personally, I don't care if he comes in initially with his 3-5-2 mambo so long as we become a respectable team again. It's the board's job to then remind him that once the team is stabilized that we should return to our roots and the Ajax way. He won't be popular with the board but admit it folks, he'll at least restore the respect people have of Ajax.
AJACIED

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo sep 05, 2007 11:32 am

There is a possibility Amsterdam might host the Champions League final in 2010 or 2011.

Time to bring back glory days? Hehe.
Get a Cock

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr sep 07, 2007 8:10 am

No Ajax player in the Oranje selection ... sign of times
Appie, stay strong !

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr sep 07, 2007 10:26 am

What are you talking about? The likes of Stekelenburg, Heitinga, Huntelaar etc are in.
Get a Cock

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr sep 07, 2007 11:41 am

are you sure ?

Voetbal
do 06 sep 2007, 17:37
'Oranje tegen Bulgarije zonder Ajacieden'
door onze Telesportredactie
AMSTERDAM - De tijden dat Ajax een belangrijk stempel op het Nederlands elftal drukte, zijn voorbij. Het ligt voor de hand dat bondscoach Marco van Basten tegen de Bulgaren voor het eerst sinds maart 2006, toen Oranje tegen Ecuador oefende, zonder spelers van Ajax aan een interland begint. "Ik had me dat niet gerealiseerd”, aldus de bondscoach. "Maar nu je het zegt, dat zou best wel eens kunnen.”
Appie, stay strong !

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » vr sep 07, 2007 12:04 pm

They are in the selection, but just won't play from the start.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr sep 07, 2007 12:47 pm

Vermoedelijke opstelling Oranje: Van der Sar; Melchiot, Heitinga, Mathijsen en Bouma; De Zeeuw, Sneijder en Van Bronckhorst; Van Persie, Van Nistelrooij en Babel.
Heitinga is expected to be in the start..
Get a Cock

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr sep 07, 2007 4:55 pm

Yep, correct, but Huntelaar and Emanuelson won't even be on the bench.
Appie, stay strong !

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » vr sep 07, 2007 5:47 pm

philippe schreef:No Ajax player in the Oranje selection ... sign of times
Babel and Sneijder are starting. Not really a consolation I guess seeing as how they aren't Ajax players anymore, but were so recently. But also maybe not such a big deal that Ajax isn't represented as well seeing as how they did leave so recently and there haven't been any replacements of their caliber yet.

Could lead to trouble, but I wouldn't be worried for another season or so about it. I'm more worried about the replacements still needed.

Too bad van Basten can't add 30+ year old Spaniards to strengthen his squad too :smallgrin.gif:

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » vr sep 07, 2007 10:22 pm

Klaas Jan + glasses = Sigourney Weaver. FACT.
meh :|

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do sep 20, 2007 6:27 am

Well we might be needing a new coach soon and a certain Mr Mourinho is now unemployed. He left Chelsea last night "by mutual consent".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 003912.stm

He obviously won't come to us but I don't think I'd want his particular brand of arrogance at Ajax anyway.......

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » do sep 20, 2007 8:54 am

SE6Ajacied schreef:Well we might be needing a new coach soon and a certain Mr Mourinho is now unemployed. He left Chelsea last night "by mutual consent".

He obviously won't come to us but I don't think I'd want his particular brand of arrogance at Ajax anyway.......
You know, if no one goes immediately to him and the board begged him to come at the highest salary we could afford, he would come... .
AJACIED

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do sep 20, 2007 9:24 am

ofey schreef:
SE6Ajacied schreef:Well we might be needing a new coach soon and a certain Mr Mourinho is now unemployed. He left Chelsea last night "by mutual consent".

You know, if no one goes immediately to him and the board begged him to come at the highest salary we could afford, he would come... .
I think that's quite a lot of "if's" though. It seems that their (Israeli) Director Of Football Avram Grant will take over but before that they were talking about Guus Hiddink. Would be interesting to see how he would get on, not least with Mr Abramovich.....

moggey

Bericht door moggey » do sep 20, 2007 9:30 am

Carlos Queiroz is considering leaving utd seems he wants his own club

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » do sep 20, 2007 12:13 pm

Slavia - Steaua 2-1 :hupajax.gif:

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo okt 03, 2007 9:48 pm

I just found this on the BBC Sport site...and we thought PSV getting themselves thrown out of the KNVB Cup was farcical administratively...

"NFA suspends Insurance of Benin

By Oluwashina Okeleji
BBC Sport, Lagos

Former Nigeria champions Insurance of Benin have been thrown out of the Premier League (NPFL) for fielding two teams for the same match.
The confusion occurred after the two parties who claim ownership of the club decided to field separate teams for the opening game of the season.

The match was subsequently called-off with a default victory given to opposing side Heartland.

The Nigeria Football Association (NFA) has suspended the club indefinitely until the ownership tussle is resolved.

Edo state sports commissioner, Brown Ebewele and club chairman Igbinowanhia Ekhosuehi both argue they are in control of the club.

"Since two parties are still claiming to be the authentic owners of Insurance FC of Benin all matches involving Insurance FC are suspended until the issues are resolved," Deputy Secretary-general of the NFA, Emmanuel Ikpeme said.

Ikpeme told BBC Sport that the decision was necessary to prevent further embarrassment as league games continues across the country.

Meanwhile, the Edo State government have dissolved the board of the club.

The government announced an interim committee to run the affairs of the club until a new board is formed.

Insurance are one of the oldest and biggest clubs in Nigeria.

Despite providing some national team players in the 1970's and 80's the club only have few silverwares to show for their long history.

Insurance have won two Nigerian league titles as well as three FA Cup trophies.

The club also won the Confederation of African Football Cup (forerunner of the Caf Confederation Cup) in 1994."

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo okt 03, 2007 11:15 pm

OWOW!!! Scotland is on fire!!!

First, the victory against France (or should I say the two victories), then Rangers giving Lyon a deluxe spanking and now Celtic Glasgow winning against AC Milan.... Amazing.
meh :|

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » do okt 04, 2007 5:11 pm

And the oscar goes to...............................Dida! :biggrin.gif:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgxH0fT5YMI

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » do okt 04, 2007 9:23 pm

carcajou schreef:OWOW!!! Scotland is on fire!!!

First, the victory against France (or should I say the two victories), then Rangers giving Lyon a deluxe spanking and now Celtic Glasgow winning against AC Milan.... Amazing.
And not forgetting Aberdeen this evening.

Well done the lot of them.

For years it was bad speaking about football over here as a Scotsman, but honestly cannot believe what has happened.

Still a long way to go for national team to qualify and the old firm to get through their CL groups but at this moment they have made us proud.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » do okt 04, 2007 9:24 pm

If UEFA had any balls, they'd suspend Dida from the next champions league game or two.

Which, of course, probably means they won't take any action against him.
Portland Timbers FC - AFC Ajax - Southampton FC

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do okt 04, 2007 9:51 pm

AjaxPDX schreef:If UEFA had any balls, they'd suspend Dida from the next champions league game or two.

Which, of course, probably means they won't take any action against him.
Remember, the head of FIFA himself has said that he didn't think diving was any big deal.

So there's no reason to think that UEFA would be inclined to rule differently.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Plaats reactie