New Players for Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » do jun 15, 2006 10:10 pm

Yeah I'm not happy either. I'm sure Ten Cate knows why he is signing these 2 spanish players and I guess they are going to be an important part of the team for next season. But looking at Gabri and Roger I'm thinking, do we really need them? What position are they going to have in the field? And the question that has been bothering me today is couldn't we have gotten better players?. I mean these 2 guys have spend more time injured the last couple of seasons than playing in their teams. Well its my personal opinion. I hope they do well in Ajax, at least they do have plenty of experience.
"We knew exactly how Ajax were going to play...but there was no way we were ever going to win"

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » do jun 15, 2006 10:49 pm

I am sure that they will bring experience and do their job..but I am not sure this is ALL we need.
we need a tactical midfielder, ball hunter, difficult to pass by and strong with his tackles, but also not too bad with his feet. a player a là davids (bye bye), a là vieira, a là diarra, even a là oliseh of the past times (ok ok not so bad, but this is the KIND of player i am talking about).
a player to put in front of our defense if maduro is out or is used as a defender.
this kind of player in my opinion is a figure missing in this squad: no one has this charateristics, just a little bit hedwiges. but as a backup? lindenbergh is good tactically but is too light at a certain level. gabri is not a pure central midfielder. and then?
but mr van geel is reported to say - if I've understood - that the squad is basically done..
O tempora o mores

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » do jun 15, 2006 10:58 pm

Can someone please help me out with a news that has been posted at ajaxshowtime.com about Defour. I'm trying to use a translator to understand the news and from what I can read it says that Defour will break his contract with Genk and he would join Ajax. Is that what it says or am I totally wrong?
"We knew exactly how Ajax were going to play...but there was no way we were ever going to win"

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » do jun 15, 2006 10:59 pm

Defour wants to break his contract, so his club is talking with Ajax again, but now for a bargainprice, less then the 3 million Ajax offered earlier.
Henk de Gier is geniaal en zijn tijd ver vooruit.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

ajaxperu

Bericht door ajaxperu » do jun 15, 2006 11:06 pm

Thanks for the explanation :xyxthumbs:
Well Defour sounds like an interesting player. I'll be happy if we sign him for a good price

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jun 15, 2006 11:23 pm

Will we need any cover for defence. Sevilla want Heitinga and if he were to go that leaves us with just 4 defenders Urby, Stam , Vermaelen and Ogararu.

It leaves us with no experinced cover!!

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » vr jun 16, 2006 5:38 am

Dude, Sevilla wanted Heitinga last year. That fuck-up called Johan Derksen was mistaken.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr jun 16, 2006 11:38 am

Am I the only one that realises Lindenbergh's potential? Or are we all to fuck him up?

BTW What's with the Grygera saga?
Get a Cock

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » vr jun 16, 2006 11:39 am

Grygera will be sold.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr jun 16, 2006 11:51 am

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Am I the only one that realises Lindenbergh's potential? Or are we all to fuck him up?
Nope...not personally...
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za jun 17, 2006 7:04 pm

According to BN/De Stem Ajax don't want to buy Defour anymore. He's out of contract, but ten Cate said that he doesn't need him now.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo jun 18, 2006 2:08 am

I don't blame HtC. He's probably tired of having his chain yanked by Genk. There are enough proven players and up and coming youngsters that HtC can choose from.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » zo jun 18, 2006 4:56 pm

As told VoetbalZone Ajax can sign our old friend Patrick Kluivert from Valencia. He could be a player which would replace Angelos Charisteas if he decides to go to PSG, or Ryan Babel, who is observe by AC Milan.

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » zo jun 18, 2006 5:30 pm

Why? We have four center forwards so we only need a replacement if we lose two of them. I'd rather see MvG buy a right winger.
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo jun 18, 2006 6:01 pm

Why the hell would we want to sign Kluivert!...."The ego has landed". He's had his day and to be frank the tales about him as told on this site with regards his arrogance of the field (being stopped for speeding just after his driving had killed someone) have put me right of him as a person...)
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » zo jun 18, 2006 7:47 pm

I don't know it, we can only guess... Maybe our board (if that transfer rumour is true) think that Kluivert won't make any problems if he will have to spend the game on a bench. If you have a player like Suazo, it's obvious that he wants to play. But if you have KJH in the same line, it's possible that one of them will be a reserve player. So it could destroy the atmosphere in the club. Kluivert is a former Ajacied, so maybe he will spend his time on a bench without any words.

On the other hand - as I know Kluivert, my words don't make any sense...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jun 19, 2006 1:03 pm

I think Babel will go. With KJH here and even Rosenberg having to play out of position on the left where does this leave young Ryan??? Unless we have an injury to one of the above named he could spend all this season as a sub. His contract expires 2008 and unless he plays regularly this season he is not likely to renew! Going to some where like Milan will probably kill his career before it starts.On the other hand Milan would probaly loan him out to God forbid Fword or PSV for a season.

I hope he stays but as I have said before Marco VB has not done Ajax or Babel any favours by putting this kid into the Dutch squad. He will want a regular game and sadly I do not see it being at ajax.

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » za jun 24, 2006 3:24 pm

I don't think Ajax will sell Babel.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

ozzerdibazio
Contacteer:

Bericht door ozzerdibazio » zo jun 25, 2006 10:33 am

well, thats settled then. The auhority that is Henk de gier has spoken. We can all relax

Henk de Gier
Contacteer:

Bericht door Henk de Gier » zo jun 25, 2006 11:00 am

you got that right!

If Babel is sold this summer, you can come back and shoot me.
Jöhnk, 29 mei 2006

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo jun 25, 2006 11:55 am

Hm these forums have left me with a loaded gun ;)
Get a Cock

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » di jun 27, 2006 9:08 am

I'm not sure of this, but it seems that according to Ajax Netwerk and NOS, Patrick Vieira wants to be loaned out at Ajax... That would be a bit surprising... :shock:

http://ajax.netwerk.to/nieuws/artikel/1 ... jax%27.php
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di jun 27, 2006 11:18 am

Cedric_AeF schreef:I'm not sure of this, but it seems that according to Ajax Netwerk and NOS, Patrick Vieira wants to be loaned out at Ajax... That would be a bit surprising... :shock:

http://ajax.netwerk.to/nieuws/artikel/1 ... jax%27.php
After the über world cup he's having, I'm having my doubts...
meh :|

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jun 27, 2006 3:36 pm

That would be pretty amazing... The rumor is popping up everywhere in Holland at the moment, but for some reason I can't take it seriously. I just can't see it happening...

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » di jun 27, 2006 3:50 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:That would be pretty amazing... The rumor is popping up everywhere in Holland at the moment, but for some reason I can't take it seriously. I just can't see it happening...

K.
But with that Juve scandal, who knows... Ajax was supposed to buy the guy after he had failed at Milan... So who knows??
meh :|

Gesloten