Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: Ajax Coaches

Bericht door SPL » zo mei 08, 2016 11:53 am

FDB's agent says he has had no talks with clubs and Frank has said nothing to him .He did say Everton and Valencia are 2 clubs likely to be interested and either would suite Frank.

So he is telling us nothing. FDB says he has made his decision and will tell us this week. Think he will stay 1 more year.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo mei 08, 2016 1:21 pm

Hmm, if he was planning to stay surely he'd just say so?

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mei 08, 2016 1:21 pm

Tom_ schreef:Hmm, if he was planning to stay surely he'd just say so?
He said he would talk about this after the season was over.

BTW, Ronald Koeman was a total failure at Valencia when he moved there from PSV. More recently Gary Neville came in during this past season and couldn't right the ship either. I don't know whether Everton are going to sack Martinez and if they do they might go for an English manager rather than FdB. I do think that would be a good club for him though.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mei 08, 2016 5:12 pm

Ronald de Boer discussing who could be our coach ,dont think he would be talking like this if his brother was staying .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mei 08, 2016 5:39 pm

SPL schreef:Ronald de Boer discussing who could be our coach ,dont think he would be talking like this if his brother was staying .
Yes, I saw that and he thinks Peter Bosz is a good candidate along with Rijkaard (I would like Rijkaard but doubt he will take the job). Still my preference is for Jonk. I also see where Veltman stated that the players want FdB to remain. Are these guys serious???
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » zo mei 08, 2016 8:56 pm

Ha, fear of change maybe? Ah well, Veltman's a pro, he's not going slag off his coach in the media.

Well I've said this before: you could argue that FdB has done a good job (in terms of winning points in the eredivisie) with a poor squad. In each of the last three seasons PSV has had better players than Ajax and in that time we won a championship and narrowly missed out this year.

But as most people on this forum have been saying since halfway through our third season with de Boer, it's the style of play that's really irritating. Ajax shouldn't be scared of any eredivise team, yet we play this defensive "hang on to the ball and your opponents can't score" rubbish even against de Graafschap when the title is on the line. Aside from being boring, it's naïve—one counter attack and there go the points (and in today's game, the title), and we don't have any plan for getting back into the match in the moments when we desperately need a goal. Perfect example after de Graafschap equalised today: nothing changed in our play until van der Hoorn was sent up front and we started hoofing in long balls. Same against Utrecht when we went 1–0 and 2–0 down, except we got lucky that day. That's not a plan. You also usually get to hear the classic de Boer postmatch diagnosis, "we really dominated but they scored a lucky goal on the counter".

Anyway, if we do see a change of manager for next season, I won't be terribly surprised if we do worse in terms of results. I'm ok with that as long as the matches are a bit more fun to watch...

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mei 08, 2016 10:23 pm

FdB's record:

Four Eredivisie Championships
2 Beker Cup finals that were lost (FC Twente in extra time & a thrashing by PEC Zwolle)
1 Johan Cruyff Cup and three defeats
4 3rd place finishes in CL Pool Play
1 Failure to make it past the CL first qualifying round
2 Round of 16 in the Europa League (all the other results except for the win over ManU at Old Trafford that almost so them through were losses in the round of 32 or a failure to make it out of group play).

Do these results inspire confidence? Is this satisfactory for the Ajax Board of Directors?

The answer to the first is no. Unfortunately the answer to the second is probably yes given the present Board. Even Martin Jol whose teams played exciting football and scored bunches of goals had the courage to step down.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma mei 09, 2016 4:06 am

The only glimmer of hope was in the early 2013-14 season, when Ajax beat Barcelona 2-1 at home, but that was to fade very quickly. We had stability, with the longest serving coach since Louis van Gaal. Whoever takes over, the bed is made for him, so to speak. In respect of having the nucleus of the team, i.e. Klaassen, Veltman, Tete, and Dijks. But which coach can be a success in Europe in his first season? Certainly not Ron Jans, but maybe Wim Jonk, I would love it if he could to a Klopp in Europe, but those expectations are far too high, considering a lot of European giants are physically and technically better.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » ma mei 09, 2016 7:36 am

Orange14 schreef:... I also see where Veltman stated that the players want FdB to remain. Are these guys serious???
What else would you expect him to say? If he says FdB has got to go, and dB does not go, he is in the doghouse for next year. And if dB does go, the new coach comes in and thinks. "This guy has no loyalty to his coach," and he is likewise in the doghouse. You'd have to be a moron to say anything else -- even if you were thinking the opposite.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 11, 2016 11:15 am

Decision today by FDB. Had we been champs I think he would have stayed but I now think he will go.Just hope Overmars leaves as well.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo mei 11, 2016 4:23 pm

Decision for Frank de Boer today? I thought it was next week?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 11, 2016 7:08 pm

Ajax off to China at the weekend for a week, with a friendly and FDB said he would make a decision before going there .Today 's news says he will talk and decided today.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 11, 2016 8:30 pm

No decision today, Frank will go to China on Friday with the squad.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo mei 11, 2016 8:41 pm

The way Everton are playing today it looks like Martinez will be sacked. Problem is they are playing Ajax brand FdB football! :excited.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo mei 11, 2016 9:03 pm

If Man u finish 5th and no CL Van Gaal will get sacked and he will be back with us.What a horrible thought.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo mei 11, 2016 11:02 pm

Ajax Showtime now has an unconfirmed story that he's said he wants to leave, as we expected. I didn't see anything about an offer from another club, though.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » do mei 12, 2016 4:09 am

according to de telegraaf, fdb resigned this evening

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do mei 12, 2016 7:37 am

When I saw the news that Frank de Boer is leaving, I was elated, its almost the equivalent of Ajax qualifying for the group stages in the champions league!

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » do mei 12, 2016 7:37 am

Just saw a similar report, saying that he stepped down shortly after Everton lost their final match -- the speculation being that there is a connection between the two -- that Martinez will get the sack and he will get the job -- although there was no confirmation of this.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » do mei 12, 2016 7:38 am

so... now the 64 thousand dollar question -- who next for us? any specualtion as to who has the inside track?

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do mei 12, 2016 8:09 am

Peter Boez from Maccabi Tel Aviv is rumoured to be the next coach of Ajax, according to Football-Oranje

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » do mei 12, 2016 10:15 am

I can't find a link to the list of former technical directors. Although I found Leo Beenhakker and Louis Van Gaal in the early 2000s, they barely lasted 2 years. I am assuming Marc Overmars is the longest serving technical director for the past 20 years? Since he took over in 2012. I am just hoping he will jump ship along with Fran de Boer and the rest of the coaching staff members.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mei 12, 2016 11:27 am

So he has gone as expected and Trustfull also. Bergkamp and Spijkerman stay for the time being.

I do hope Overmars ends up going and from what I read Bergkamp is upsetting people in the youth.

Peter Bosz is favourite but has been at Fword and our supporters dont want him .ie the F side who make all the noise .

Frank has done a great job winning 4 titles and I do say a big thanks to what he has done.But even if had made it 5 last Sunday, the fans are fed up with his boring style of ticky tacky football and it was time to go.

Ajax have been boring since the end of 2012/13 season,maybe because Eriksen then left and we have seen 3 workman like Midfielders ever since with nil creativity.

Signings that have been dreadful Sana, Sanogo,Duarte,and a few others plus those who are ok but not good enough for us Gudelj ,Sinkgraven,Viergever, v dHoorn.

The only times this season I have been really excited seeing an Ajax player is watching the kid Nouri, class ,talent and creative.such a player has been missing since Eriksen left.

If we are to finish 2nd but play the beautiful football of Cruijff then I can accept that, but struggling to beat Cambuur,Roda NEC and worst of all de Graafchap playing crap boring football and still finish 2nd is the final straw.

Just hope for a new coach who will bring us good attacking exciting football.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » do mei 12, 2016 11:56 am

Just saw the news he's gone, and like the post above i'm thankful for what he has given us at times, but it was time to go. Lets just hope we can now progress and get some decent players in.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do mei 12, 2016 6:22 pm

As expected Everton sacked Martinez. Ponchettino extended his Spurs contract so he's not going to ManU if van Gaal is sacked. The big question is whether Everton wants to take a flyer on FdB or go after an English manager. I think this is the only EPL job that will be within FdB's grasp.

Plaats reactie