Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di jan 31, 2006 4:13 pm

I hear Co Adriaanse got attacked by 20 or so Porto fans in the car park after the game this week-end...bottles were thrown e.t.c.

Hmmm.....I wonder if anyone from the Ajax board has the humility to give him a call, check he's alright and then offer to give him the manager's job in Amsterdam.... :hypocrite:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Undertaker

Bericht door Undertaker » di jan 31, 2006 4:19 pm

Right.
Back on topic: I am curious why Phillipe thinks Jaake is doing terrible job.
Personally I think he is doing a great job so far. Clearly Nuninga didn't do a particularly fantastic job, so him leaving Ajax is not a big lost from a management point of view. Neither did Van Gaal as the Technical Manager.
Apart from that, Van Gaal is tied up in Alkmaar, so no chance.

So, why should Jaake leave (no need to explain why Blind should leave obviously)?

[i]BTW. I really don't think you should not be allowed to leave the country nor your fellow countrymen and women, rest asure.[/i]
Try me, I'll make you famous.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » di jan 31, 2006 6:59 pm

If we bring Co Adriaanse back, it will be disastrous, he doesnt like old players, thats why the Porto fans are pissed because he is not leting players over 30 get games, or even selling them, a similar situation that happened to Jorge Costa I think.

dws

Bericht door dws » di jan 31, 2006 9:27 pm

Ayman schreef:If we bring Co Adriaanse back, it will be disastrous, he doesnt like old players, thats why the Porto fans are pissed because he is not leting players over 30 get games, or even selling them, a similar situation that happened to Jorge Costa I think.
Tell that to Barry Van Galen , Kenneth Perez , Henk Timmer, Michael Buskermolen and our very own Olaf Lindenbergh.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo feb 01, 2006 8:47 pm

Ok guys, I could be wrong about Adriaanse, but the thing I dont like about him is his autocratic style management, he is a hardliner, an ultra authortarian, and doesnt get along with other managers or even ex-managers, e.g Van Basten and Cruyff

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do feb 02, 2006 2:34 pm

Ayman schreef:Ok guys, I could be wrong about Adriaanse, but the thing I dont like about him is his autocratic style management, he is a hardliner, an ultra authortarian, and doesnt get along with other managers or even ex-managers, e.g Van Basten and Cruyff
Hmm, sound exactly like what we need....... ;)

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma feb 06, 2006 12:34 pm

Ok folks! people from the Ajax vs Willem II thread are claiming that Ajax will drop points in Den Haag and that will be the end of Blind (possibly will resign). If this is true then who will replace him, apparently Co Adriaanse wants out at Porto because he fears for his safety, there is always my choice of Part time assistant manager of the Austrailian National team, Johan Neeskens, but which dutchman can turn it around for Ajax, I would love to see Guus Hiddink but I dont think he would ever want to coach his clubs arch rivals (not basing the 'arch rivalry' on the current league table). I just pray that Gullit doesnt come into consideration, even though Amsterdam is his home town. :worshippy:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma feb 06, 2006 2:34 pm

On paper our next 5games should result in 5 wins, if we were playing well etc.

One bad defeat, and Den Haag looks the likely game, should spell the end for Blind.If he can get through these games with say 3 wins and 2 draws we should still be about 4th or 5th at that point and he might then stay. Apart from the top 3 no other teams are consistant so we should still make the playoffs if we can get a good run together now. Trouble is we are playing so piss poor I am not convinced we will even beat RBC at the moment.

It really is a case of game to game for Blind at the moment .

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » ma feb 06, 2006 6:37 pm

I honestly don't get it...he's failed...it's clear for all to see.

I expect him to get through the run of 5 crap teams with 3 to 4 wins...but who cares, what does it prove? Earlier in the year we were losing but actually playing OK (P$V, Fword e.t.c.) and I was OK with that in the long run, but now his tactics and selections change too often, the players don't look like they're trying for him, we're slipping down the league losing to every half decent team and the game's up.

Waiting 'til later (e.g. losing to Inter) just wastes time. He's got to go NOW, so that a replacement can start to salvage the season (i.e. the play-offs) and build for the next one... otherwise we'll be discussing this again in September and another season will be messed up.

This sounds weird...but I'm hesitate on whether I want them to win these days....hoping that yet another embarrasement will for the decision of his departure.

I know it's harsh...but I've had enough...I don't look forward to games anymore with the team playing like this...I suffer through it cause I know I must.....am I the only one?

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » ma feb 06, 2006 7:36 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it agin:

No recycling coaches! (that means no Co Adrianse)

And one more thing, no guy that's "AJAX", but has no coaching experience. We need a solid tactician who can work with the material.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

dws

Bericht door dws » ma feb 06, 2006 7:47 pm

Per schreef:I've said it before and I'll say it agin:

No recycling coaches! (that means no Co Adrianse).
Why?

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » di feb 07, 2006 9:55 am

Ayman schreef:Ok folks! people from the Ajax vs Willem II thread are claiming that Ajax will drop points in Den Haag and that will be the end of Blind (possibly will resign). If this is true then who will replace him, apparently Co Adriaanse wants out at Porto because he fears for his safety, there is always my choice of Part time assistant manager of the Austrailian National team, Johan Neeskens, but which dutchman can turn it around for Ajax, I would love to see Guus Hiddink but I dont think he would ever want to coach his clubs arch rivals (not basing the 'arch rivalry' on the current league table). I just pray that Gullit doesnt come into consideration, even though Amsterdam is his home town. :worshippy:
We need a very strong coach to get the best out of our system. Neeskens isnot the right person, and neither is Gullit. Gullit hates us and we hate him - it would be a manager from hell and just look what he did with F-Word.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di feb 07, 2006 10:31 am

Over Pasanens Head schreef:We need a very strong coach to get the best out of our system. Neeskens isnot the right person, and neither is Gullit. Gullit hates us and we hate him - it would be a manager from hell and just look what he did with F-Word.
That's right. Even the chance of Ajax signing Guus Hiddink would be bigger, namely 0.0000001%.

K.
Still alive...

DanK

Bericht door DanK » di feb 07, 2006 10:45 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
Over Pasanens Head schreef:We need a very strong coach to get the best out of our system. Neeskens isnot the right person, and neither is Gullit. Gullit hates us and we hate him - it would be a manager from hell and just look what he did with F-Word.
That's right. Even the chance of Ajax signing Guus Hiddink would be bigger, namely 0.0000001%.

K.
My god...even the mention of Gullit as coach sends a shiver down the spine. Pity he wasn't still at f*word...we may have won on the weekend.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di feb 07, 2006 8:54 pm

DanK schreef:
My god...even the mention of Gullit as coach sends a shiver down the spine. Pity he wasn't still at f*word...we may have won on the weekend.
I just love that film of him walking down the tunnel away from the camera after last years game...classic. I agree with Ko on the chance of Gullit coming to us, he's well known as an Ajax hater :redcard:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » do apr 13, 2006 6:49 pm

In case anyone is interested:
Maarten Fontein 'unveiled' five basic values that will be the focus of policy for the next five years.

1. Attracting and inspiring fans world wide
2. Play creative, offensive and dominant football
3. The youth system is the core of the club strategy
4. Combine healthy professionalism with Ajax' heritage, which is based on solidarity, love of the club and friendship
5. Ajax will accept its role in society by caring for the fellow humans

(I found the last point hard to translate, anyone care to improve?)

We seem to have an idealistic general director and I have a good feeling about that :xyxthumbs:

DrDuncan

Bericht door DrDuncan » do apr 13, 2006 8:04 pm

The optimist in me says that’s great!

But the sceptic says
1. how about trying to inspire the fans we already have?
2. creative… fine… offensive… I hope he means attacking… dominant… is there anyone left in the club who knows what that means?
3. fine, as long as there are some wiser, older heads around to teach them
4. professionalism …love of the club …do some of the players (mentioning no names) know about this?
5. the fans? ...Julien Escudé?

Arthur

Bericht door Arthur » do apr 13, 2006 10:33 pm

DrDuncan schreef:offensive… I hope he means attacking…
Obviously. Is offensive wrong here?

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do apr 13, 2006 11:23 pm

Arthur schreef:
DrDuncan schreef:offensive… I hope he means attacking…
Obviously. Is offensive wrong here?
I think this is a play on words - I personally found it quite offensive to the eye to see Ajax go 1-0 down for last nights game for example......

I assume that's what DrDuncan means ;)
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

DrDuncan

Bericht door DrDuncan » vr apr 14, 2006 9:01 am

Yes, that’s right; “offensiveâ€

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr apr 14, 2006 10:33 am

Apparently (according to Voetbal International) Martin van Geel has now been refused access to AZ's stadium.

They seem a little bitter.........

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za apr 15, 2006 10:01 am

An update on the 'stadium ban for Martin van Geel' incident...

15 April 2006: KNVB director Henk Kesler has made crystal clear how he feels about the incident, in today's issue of De Telegraaf: "I was in my car when I heard about the stadium ban for Van Geel and I laughed so loud I almost crashed into a lamppost. For a second I thought it was an April Fool's Day joke, but it's a bit late for that. It is pretty absurd for a football club to hand a stadium ban to the technical director of another club. Was Martin van Geel involved in criminal activities for which a ban would normally be appropriate? This makes no sense whatsoever and Mr Scheringa is making a complete fool out of himself. Perhaps we should hand him a stadium ban for the remaining 37 stadiums in Dutch professional football."

The KNVB boss expects AZ to lift the ban soon enough and doesn't expect it will be necessary for the KNVB to take action.

Perfect reaction! :xyxthumbs:

K.
Still alive...

ferry

Bericht door ferry » za apr 15, 2006 11:00 am

Kowalczyk schreef:An update on the 'stadium ban for Martin van Geel' incident...

15 April 2006: KNVB director Henk Kesler has made crystal clear how he feels about the incident, in today's issue of De Telegraaf: "I was in my car when I heard about the stadium ban for Van Geel and I laughed so loud I almost crashed into a lamppost. For a second I thought it was an April Fool's Day joke, but it's a bit late for that. It is pretty absurd for a football club to hand a stadium ban to the technical director of another club. Was Martin van Geel involved in criminal activities for which a ban would normally be appropriate? This makes no sense whatsoever and Mr Scheringa is making a complete fool out of himself. Perhaps we should hand him a stadium ban for the remaining 37 stadiums in Dutch professional football."

The KNVB boss expects AZ to lift the ban soon enough and doesn't expect it will be necessary for the KNVB to take action.

Perfect reaction! :xyxthumbs:

K.
Perfect response from Kesler.

Read about it in the AD:
The journalist also suggested that Scheringa could give Huntelaar a stadium ban as well to increase their chances in the Play offs.
Kesler: "that suggestion shows how ridiculous the stadium ban for Van Geel is."

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo apr 16, 2006 2:14 am

Dirk Sheringa
:withstupid:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma apr 17, 2006 9:51 am

Ban has been lifted. Check the Ajax USA homepage and the existing news report for the last update...

K.
Still alive...

Plaats reactie