Ajacieden in Oranje

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » do okt 06, 2005 3:20 pm

I didn't understand the selection for Babel in the first place. Man, he is way out of form! Lindenbergh saw it comming I guess, with so much good midfielders these days.

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » do okt 06, 2005 3:48 pm

Olaf Lindenbergh didn't play so many games recently, so I think that van Basten's decision was good. Babel should be added to the first squad, but as I see Holland coach is a little bit affraid of young and unexperienced player in attack. The game against Czech Republic is very important (also for football fans in Poland. If Holland win or draw this game we will be in World Championship :eusa_dance: ) so I understand his decision. However, van Basten resigns from Babel on this game, but calls up Hedwiges Maduro- younger one. It is a little bit strange...

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do okt 06, 2005 4:19 pm

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:Babel should be added to the first squad, but as I see Holland coach is a little bit affraid of young and unexperienced player in attack.
Ummm.... If there is one thing you can absolutely not say about Marco van Basten, it would be that...

Ryan Babel already made his Holland début and under almost every other Holland boss than Van Basten that would not have been the case.

No - he just dropped him because he's been crap in recent weeks. That's the only (and 100% legitimate) reason.

K.
Still alive...

dws

Bericht door dws » do okt 06, 2005 9:29 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
dws schreef:I can honestly say i was delighted when i heard Ajax were to sign Grygera. I believed he would prove to be a great addition to the squad. However , i think that Grygera has been culpable of poor defending in games, just as have all Ajax defenders this season (and last). (...) Ajax in recent seasons have tried the likes of de Jong , Chivu ,Pasanen, Heitinga, Escude and Grygera in that area of defence . With the exception of Chivu, none of the above have been particularly convincing.
I just disagree completely with this one. Julien Escudé had a terrible game against Feyenoord recently, but if you ask me he's been great last season: almost 100% flawless, hardly any mistakes (he definitely made those in 2003-2004!) and increasing boldness in moving forward. That's why he scored 5 goals or something.

Same goes for Grygera: if you ask me he's one of the very few Ajax players at the moment who are absolutely and 100% beyond dispute.

K.

Ko you missed out the last line of my post :yes: :D . I don't dispute Grygera is a good player, but i maintain he has been guilty of poor defending(not just this season) , as have all Ajax defenders . Ajax tend to concede goals , concede being the operative, rather than the opposition creating opportunities from which they then score. Grygera and Escude are part of a defensive unit that has failed to convince this season. If Grygera and Escude are almost blameless then who is to blame for all the goals Ajax have conceded this season. Is it Hatem, Nigel , Urby, Hedwiges and Johnny ? Heitinga has barely played this season. Emanuelson is the junior partner in the Ajax defence. Grygera , Escude and ,for that matter, Trabelsi are the senior players in the Ajax defence they have to take responsability for making the defence what it should be, namely organised and alert.

In saying all of the above, i do believe things will get markedly better. I say this because it is only minor failings that they exhibit. They just have to be more organised , more switched on than they have been.

dws

Bericht door dws » do okt 06, 2005 9:30 pm

:offtopic: :D :D

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr okt 07, 2005 12:27 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Ummm.... If there is one thing you can absolutely not say about Marco van Basten, it would be that...

Ryan Babel already made his Holland début and under almost every other Holland boss than Van Basten that would not have been the case.

No - he just dropped him because he's been crap in recent weeks. That's the only (and 100% legitimate) reason.

K.
Well, you are right, but Ryan Babel played very bad last time only because of his position. He is typical striker, not left winger or, all the more, right winger. Van Basten might calls him up to the squad as a striker and doesn't care about his bad games on the wing...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr okt 07, 2005 1:10 pm

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:

K.
Well, you are right, but Ryan Babel played very bad last time only because of his position. He is typical striker, not left winger or, all the more, right winger. Van Basten might calls him up to the squad as a striker and doesn't care about his bad games on the wing...
Actually the times Babel has played in the Oranje(including U-20) it has been on the left wing.Van Basten was the one who really started using him in that position i believe, before that Babel was the main striker in Ajax, before Harry was bought that is.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 10, 2005 6:42 am

Ryan Babel has been added to the Oranje squad for Holland vs Macedonia on Wednesday, because Jan Kromkamp has dropped out injured.

Holland have already qualified, so Van Basten can experiment a bit in the last game. I'm sure he wants to win it, though, as 34 points would be a pretty damn' great final score...

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma okt 10, 2005 4:59 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Ryan Babel has been added to the Oranje squad for Holland vs Macedonia on Wednesday, because Jan Kromkamp has dropped out injured.

Holland have already qualified, so Van Basten can experiment a bit in the last game. I'm sure he wants to win it, though, as 34 points would be a pretty damn' great final score...

K.
Kromkamp out means that De Jong will get a starting spot :xyxthumbs:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo okt 12, 2005 8:13 pm

Holland vs Macedonia is 0-0 with 10 minutes left to play.

You can tell that Holland really want to give the sold-out ArenA a good time, but they just can't. They work hard and don't even play that bad, but they just lack that little extra 'drive' that is required to force an ultra-negative, ultra-destructive team like Macedonia to their knees.

There were a few chances. Few minutes ago Sneijder hit the cross-bar with a free-kick.

De Jong, Maduro and Sneijder were playing from the start. Maduro has just been replaced. Edgar Davids returned to Oranje for his first appearance since 13 October 2004 (that's right: precisely one year ago tomorrow).

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo okt 12, 2005 8:32 pm

0-0 it is.

A little bit frustrating: we dropped four points against Macedonia, but beat everyone else twice.

Oh well, this was one hell of a qualification campaign for Holland.

Deutschland, here we come!

K.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » wo okt 12, 2005 8:51 pm

And Deutschland here we come!

3-1 in a quite poor game against Iceland. Through as one of the best in place 2 in the groups.

Will be a blast! :xyxthumbs: :bis: :headbang:
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

dws

Bericht door dws » wo okt 12, 2005 9:02 pm

The players mindset for this game was never going to be as it was for the Czech match.I think players require to feel a little bit affraid in order to produce a 'competitive' performance.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo okt 12, 2005 9:45 pm

That's right. I'm sure the players "gave 100%", as they say. They gave everything they had to offer, but what they had to offer was just a little bit less than in an important game. If you know what I mean. Now they worked hard, but they just lacked that little bit of extra 'sharpness' that they definitely would have had in an important game.

I won't blame them. They played reasonably well and they qualified with 32 points out of 12 games, and without a single defeat. Fair enough.

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do okt 13, 2005 5:04 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Holland vs Macedonia is 0-0 with 10 minutes left to play.

You can tell that Holland really want to give the sold-out ArenA a good time, but they just can't. They work hard and don't even play that bad, but they just lack that little extra 'drive' that is required to force an ultra-negative, ultra-destructive team like Macedonia to their knees.

There were a few chances. Few minutes ago Sneijder hit the cross-bar with a free-kick.

De Jong, Maduro and Sneijder were playing from the start. Maduro has just been replaced. Edgar Davids returned to Oranje for his first appearance since 13 October 2004 (that's right: precisely one year ago tomorrow).

K.
Man talk about a boring match...well the Oranje is in Germany anyway.

No its competition time for the players too see who will be in the final selection for the world cup, players like Davids,Van Bommel,Heitinga,Castelen,Van der Meyde,Makaay have to step up their game if they want to make the trip to Germany.

Might Seedorf get a last look ???? Seems unlikely to me but you never know.

Ps: Sneijder started on the bench, raffie started in his place, Landzaat, Maduro,VDV was the midfield trio.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Urby goes Oranje!

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr nov 04, 2005 3:27 pm

Nice one: our man Urby has been called up for Holland's friendly against Italy (Sat 12 November in Amsterdam). Nigel de Jong, Ryan Babel, Hedwiges Maduro and Wesley Sneijder are also in the squad.

It's a friendly, so there's a fair chance that The Urb will actually get to make his début. He would be Ajacied #104 in Oranje.

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr nov 04, 2005 6:54 pm

Great news for Urby. Yet another young local boy to come through from this great Ajax production line.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr nov 04, 2005 7:28 pm

CONGRATULATIONS TO URBY!!

Can't say I was overly thrilled when he became or left back,but watching him make several sweet passes during Wednesday's highlights on FSW has a way of endearing him to even a cynic/negativist like me. I Wish him well and look forward to watching his continued development as a player.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr nov 04, 2005 8:08 pm

If you want a good laugh, you can read what was said about him this summer :hypocrite: :D
http://www.ajaxtalk.nl/portal/viewtopic.php?t=5494 :eusa_liar:

I hope it will be the same for Rosenberg within few months.... ;)
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo nov 06, 2005 2:21 am

Why the hell is Timmer doing there and not Stekelenburg? And Babel too, the kid is a nice lad but hasn't scored in a long time, we wouldn't want a dead Oranje in the attack. I would rather have seen Van Bommel instead of Ryan.
Get a Cock

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » zo nov 06, 2005 9:00 pm

Got to admit that i was one of the Urby haters but man have I been :X this kid is really something, a very very pleasent surprise.I would not be surprised if Urby went to the World Cup(given he keeps on playing like he is) i mean the left side of the Oranje defence is kind of thin.

Way to go Urby :xyxthumbs:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

mick

Why no Seedorf??

Bericht door mick » do nov 24, 2005 9:34 am

can someone please tell me why Clarence Seedorf isn't on the holland squad?? This seems amazing to me, as I feel he is one of the best midfielders in the world now. I realize that there must be a problematic history with him. can someone fill me in on his playing history? I know all the teams he played for and all that, but what happened in the Euro Championships in England with him? Has his career in Orange always been troubled?

De Kuyper

Bericht door De Kuyper » wo jan 04, 2006 5:36 pm

From what i know about Seedorf not playing in the national team, he has been a problem, i think before the start of the Euro 04 he demanded that he played center midfield. and advocaat gave me his way. I think when van Basten had taken over as coach he wanted to send a message to all the players that it is his team and if players have a problem with it then they are not going to be a part of it. Seedorf was an easy target and we havent seen him in the squad since. I have also heard that Davids and vanBommel have had a couple runins with each other and they both have had a hard time getting picked.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do feb 16, 2006 4:37 pm

The dates for all of Holland's qualifiers for Euro 2008 (in Austria and Switzerland) have been announced. Here they are...

02 Sep 2006: Luxemburg - Holland
06 Sep 2006: Holland - Belarus
07 Oct 2006: Bulgaria - Holland
11 Oct 2006: Holland - Albania
24 Mar 2007: Holland - Romania
28 Mar 2007: Slovenia - Holland
08 Sep 2007: Holland - Bulgaria
12 Sep 2007: Albania - Holland
13 Oct 2007: Romania - Holland
17 Oct 2007: Holland - Slovenia
17 Nov 2007: Holland - Luxemburg
21 Nov 2007: Belarus - Holland

A long, long series of boring games... Is what I expect, anyway.

K.
Still alive...

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » do feb 16, 2006 4:44 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
A long, long series of boring games... Is what I expect, anyway.

K.
Aye boring right enough mate, just have to come and watch the Jocks with me instead - crap football but good bevvy sessions.

What do you think of the new Dutch strips - very retro but nice I think

see link

http://www.knvb.nl/clubs/wk_tenue_fotos
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Plaats reactie