Mauro Rosales

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za feb 10, 2007 1:15 pm

Mauro Rosales' transfer to River Plate still has not fallen through. It's still an option.

Argentinian media have quoted someone from River Plate saying that the clubs have coma a bit closer to an agreement, because Ajax have lowered the transfer fee they demand.

Ajax's technical director, Martin van Geel, has reacted to that in the Dutch media: it is absolutely not true. Ajax will not accept a lower fee. The club will stick to the fee initially demanded - and it's take it or leave it.

That's the spirit. Rosales is a big name in Argentina. If River Plate want him, it's gonna cost them.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di feb 13, 2007 4:34 pm

Ajax Netwerk reports that "according to reliable sources" Mauro Rosales' transfer to River Plate has fallen through. The Argentinian club have failed to cough up the transfer fee demanded by Ajax. Rosales will stay in Amsterdam until the summer, according to AN.

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di feb 13, 2007 7:16 pm

There was talk of Ajax wanting 2.5m euros. By the summer he will have one year left on his contract and probably wont be getting much more playing time
this season. Chances are Ajax will end up getting well under 2m euros by then.
River Plate will probably end up signing him late August for about 1m euros.

Obviously they are not prepared to pay what Ajax want at the moment but I would not mind betting that what RPlate are prepared to pay now is alot more than we will get for him in the summer.

Just some thoughts.

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » wo feb 14, 2007 1:47 am

A couple of injuries and our defensive line against Werder Bremen is a headache.

What if the same happens to our forwards? A player suspended, an injury or two, who knows what's in store for the rest of the season?

Let's keep The Penguin until summer.
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » wo feb 14, 2007 9:42 am

666 schreef: Let's keep The Penguin until summer.
Hehe all the signs say that Rosales will stay in Amsterdam for one more round. Ajax and River couldn't finalize the transfer, so Mauro is still Ajax player.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo feb 14, 2007 1:21 pm

Skysports reports the transfer broke down because RPlate could not provide a bank guarantee. Both sides had agreed a fee.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za feb 17, 2007 2:10 pm

The transfer has now officially fallen through. River Plate claim that they have paid Ajax 1.8 million euros, and they more or less announced the deal in a few Argentinian media, but the truth is that an agreement was never reached, that the Argentinian transfer window is now closed and that the two associations (KNVB in Holland, AFA in Argentina) do not allow the transfer anymore. The deal is off. Rosales is staying.

Rosales was very upset about the whole thing, by the way. He heard the news on Tuesday, in Bremen, and was "pretty devastated", according to Henk ten Cate, who left him out of the squad for the Werder game. "I feel very sorry for Rosales," Ten Cate said. Martin van Geel, meanwhile, confirmed that it is now "too late" for River Plate.

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za feb 17, 2007 7:38 pm

Shame we could not unload him now as he wont get much playing time.

Well imo De Mul, is certainly better than Rosales.

Come the summer we probably wont get much more than 1m euros for him.

Another poor buy.

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » zo feb 18, 2007 1:06 am

I've just heard that River will ask Argentinian FA for permission to make Rosales' transfer after winter transfer window. Don't have any idea if it's truth, but it sounds weird for me...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr feb 23, 2007 1:23 pm

Apparently the transfer is through. River will supposedly pay 1.8m euros for Rosales.
Get a Cock

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » vr feb 23, 2007 1:30 pm

Source?
Nog steeds eens met Boem.

En met niemand anders!

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr feb 23, 2007 5:02 pm

Ajax winger Mario Rosales is to complete a move to his native Argentina to join River Plate.

The deal was agreed during the January transfer window but appeared to collapse when River were unable to get a bank guarantee for the transfer fee - around 1.8 million euros (£1.2 million).

However, the club have now found backing for the deal, and were given dispensation from the Argentinian Football Association (AFA) to complete the transfer outside of the January window.

"The have found a few investors who made it possible to pay the transfer fee in one go and not in installments," Ajax technical director Martin van Geel said in De Telegraaf.

"The KNVB was willing to cooperate, and all the documents have been signed.

"Now we must wait to see if the payment comes here in time, but it certainly looks as is Mauro is leaving us. We had not been counting on that."

The fee must now arrive in Amsterdam by Wednesday night for the deal to go through.

Rosales, who turns 26 on Saturday, was eager to join River as he was disillusioned by a lack of playing time in Ajax.

Sportinglife.com
Get a Cock

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr feb 23, 2007 9:00 pm

It's sad to see Mauro Rosales leaving Ajax for such a funny price... I remember I was extremely happy when he joined Ajax. He was great on the Olympic Games and I hoped he would be a real star in Amsterdam. Well, Mauro wasn't bad, but I think we could expect more from him.
Now we have de Mul and Leonardo, but it's still too little when one of them will be injured.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » di mar 06, 2007 5:58 pm

Rosales is finally a River Plate player since today... This is now confirmed by Ajax.nl. What a story... ;)

Good luck to him in Argentina :worshippy:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di mar 06, 2007 6:03 pm

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:
Now we have de Mul and Leonardo, but it's still too little when one of them will be injured.
very sadly confirmed :wizard_d:
Appie, stay strong !

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » di mar 06, 2007 6:51 pm

I thought you guys might like to see this.

For those who can't read Dutch: it says that a couple of supporters went over to Mauro's house after Ajax-Heerenveen to say goodbye. Mauro invited all of them in for beers and to watch River Plate play. :xyxthumbs:

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di mar 06, 2007 10:34 pm

Thomas schreef:I thought you guys might like to see this.

For those who can't read Dutch: it says that a couple of supporters went over to Mauro's house after Ajax-Heerenveen to say goodbye. Mauro invited all of them in for beers and to watch River Plate play. :xyxthumbs:
Is that Rosales house? It looks quite ordinary really, terraced house and all that. Not like the mansion for instance that Stam got refurbished about a week before ManU sold him.......

Sad to see him go anyway - I don't think he ever quite lived up to his full potential but I always felt there was a great player there somewhere.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Gesloten