Geboortedatum: 25-07-1988
Geboorteplaats: Belgrado
Nationaliteit: Serviër

2006/07 Partizan Belgrado 5 0 Superliga
2007/08 Partizan Belgrado 23 0 Superliga
2008/09 Partizan Belgrado 23 0 Superliga
Servië onder 21 3
Servië 3 1

another FYI: in the past year, he has been scouted by or linked to interest from barcelona, cska moscow, stuttgart, spurs, werder bremen and more

this guy is universally well thought of
AJAX HUP ROOD WITTE SCHARE, DAPP RE STRIJDERS FIER EN KOEN
GEEN CLUB DIE ONS KAN EVENAREN, ROOD EN WIT WORDT KAMPIOEN

SPL

Re: New Players for Ajax

Bericht door SPL » wo jun 10, 2009 12:42 pm

Reports state we are making an offer for Elia and we also want Engelaar. Shalke want 6m euros but he earns 40000euros aweek which is way over our budget. Is he a defensive midfielder I cannot remember?
I only ask as we have Enoh Gabri Lindgren Anita and Vertonghen as defensive mf and Daley Blind also.

Ajaxfanuk

Bericht door Ajaxfanuk » wo jun 10, 2009 2:04 pm

Id welcome Elia, Engelaar really impressed me in the Euros but if his wage demands price him out for us then we do have a lot of defensive midfielders already
Wit-rood-wit zit in ons bloed! We zijn de beste en zo goed. Ik spring me hele leven lang, voor: Ajax Amsterdam!

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » wo jun 10, 2009 2:12 pm

Engelaar is slow and thinks he is a defending midfielder (mainly because of his posture I guess) but he isn't.

Overrated.
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » wo jun 10, 2009 3:51 pm

I like Engelaar, but I don't think he's the player we need. I also don't think he's keen to move back to Holland just yet. He's only been in Germany what, a year? I imagine he'd want to try his luck elsewhere in Germany, or another country, before Holland again.

We need defenders not midfielders, I hope it doesn't happen.

I sort of hope the Elia thing happens even though I don't think he's another player, at least position-wise, that we need. I'm impressed that he wants to come and play here, I hope that's the kind of determination and spirit that will get into the team this year that has been lacking over the last few.
AFCA

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo jun 10, 2009 4:21 pm

gordonvandekamp schreef:I like Engelaar, but I don't think he's the player we need. I also don't think he's keen to move back to Holland just yet. He's only been in Germany what, a year? I imagine he'd want to try his luck elsewhere in Germany, or another country, before Holland again.

We need defenders not midfielders, I hope it doesn't happen.

I sort of hope the Elia thing happens even though I don't think he's another player, at least position-wise, that we need. I'm impressed that he wants to come and play here, I hope that's the kind of determination and spirit that will get into the team this year that has been lacking over the last few.
I don't think we need either player. We already have a stacked midfield, so why should we waste money on a fee and salary for a midfielder. I'd rather see guys like Enoh and Anita continue to develop.

Elia is going to cost a bit of money as well, and I'd rather we addressed other needs with that money.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo jun 10, 2009 5:59 pm

SAME SH*T , DIFFERENT YEAR !! We need defenders first and foremost !! I'd prefer Ivan Obradovic if he is deemed to be the best LB value for money. Next , a class, tall Center Back .

I would like to see a class LW brought in . If BMJ decides that's Eljero Elia, so be it. I don't want to see Micky Sulejmani toiling on the port side for another campaign. Let him play in the center from the get go.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo jun 10, 2009 6:09 pm

RE : Ivan Obradovic , I found this on the Ajax Inside website just a moment ago:

Volgens de Servische media tekent Ivan Obradović in juli een contract bij Ajax. De linksback zou na het jeugd EK-voetbal naar Amsterdam komen. "Ik steek niet onder stoelen of banken dat ik graag naar Ajax wil. Ik denk dat de competitie en de club mij een betere voetballer kunnen maken", aldus de linksback. "Ook Miralem Sulejmani, een goede vriend van me, speelt bij Ajax."

Obradovic in July ? I'll believe it if it happens . The Miralem Sulejmani is a good friend of mine part sounds potentially promising, but, paraphrasing Yogi Berra , the signing ain't over till its over.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

acab

Bericht door acab » wo jun 10, 2009 8:13 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:
aveslacker schreef: Yeah, I'm aware of his resume. But that resume also includes the fact that Jozy also couldn't get on the field for the Spanish second division side he got loaned to. He's got tons of skills, but he's clearly not near fully developed yet. If he came to Ajax, he'd be expected to contribute immediately, and personally I don't think he's ready for that just yet.

i disagree

for starters, his lack of PT at xerez had to do with the team not changing a winning lineup and a long injury layoff

he is more than capable of providing very able #9 support, if not outshining cvitanich
I watched our NT match against Honduras the other night and Altidore played the full 90. He still has a lot of trouble holding the ball when it's delivered. He has good pace and energy but is an unfinished player.

yes, and the two WCQ's this week were his first real games since before the surgery, or about 3 months

his touches were poor early, but he did almost all of the target work saturday and was very good over the final 60-70 minutes

i know it is our natural inclination to feel we overrate our american guys, but this one is different... this one is a legit monster; to make another comparison, he is also well beyond what rossi was at 19

the sky is the limit for jozy, physically, mentally and whatever ya got, plus as i mentioned playing for us would be a dream come true for him personally
I don't know this guy, but i am sure - in Holland there are 10 like him. i just can't imagine he sooooo good. I think is better to take Valery Domovchiyski from Hertha Berlin :blub.gif: Tall, young CF allready with enough experience. He playd 1/4 -final in the UEFA cup some years ago and he's a national player, despite we have Berbatov and Bojinov in the same position.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » do jun 11, 2009 1:31 pm

acab schreef: I don't know this guy, but i am sure - in Holland there are 10 like him. i just can't imagine he sooooo good. I think is better to take Valery Domovchiyski from Hertha Berlin :blub.gif: Tall, young CF allready with enough experience. He playd 1/4 -final in the UEFA cup some years ago and he's a national player, despite we have Berbatov and Bojinov in the same position.

if you don't have the foggiest clue who he is, then what could possibly make you sure?

last time i checked no champions league club had paid $10M for domovchiyski and no sub-topper prem team begged on their knees to loan him out last season - in fact, they were bought the same time last summer and domovchiyski went for about $2M

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do jun 11, 2009 2:44 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:
acab schreef: I don't know this guy, but i am sure - in Holland there are 10 like him. i just can't imagine he sooooo good. I think is better to take Valery Domovchiyski from Hertha Berlin :blub.gif: Tall, young CF allready with enough experience. He playd 1/4 -final in the UEFA cup some years ago and he's a national player, despite we have Berbatov and Bojinov in the same position.

if you don't have the foggiest clue who he is, then what could possibly make you sure?

last time i checked no champions league club had paid $10M for domovchiyski and no sub-topper prem team begged on their knees to loan him out last season - in fact, they were bought the same time last summer and domovchiyski went for about $2M
QFT. I may be uncertain whether or not Ajax is the best move for Altidore right now, but I am certain that there are very few strikers in the eredivisie (if any) with his ability and potential.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

acab

Bericht door acab » do jun 11, 2009 6:10 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:

True. But if Domo had german passport, his value would be around $7-8M. Or may be you like this Jozy only becouse he's an american :confused.gif:

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do jun 11, 2009 6:31 pm

acab schreef: Or may be you like this Jozy only becouse he's an american :confused.gif:
Maybe Jozy is actually a good player? Villareal bought him for $10 million. Do you think they're interested in him just because he's American?

Don't be ridiculous. If Bluedaddy or I were only interested in hyping American players, then you'd be hearing us gush about the likes of Taylor Twellman or Alecko Eskandarian. The problem is, they suck. Jozy will be an elite player one day. There are probably only one or two American players that you can say that about.
acab schreef:True. But if Domo had german passport, his value would be around $7-8M.
If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

acab

Bericht door acab » do jun 11, 2009 7:05 pm

aveslacker schreef:
acab schreef: Or may be you like this Jozy only becouse he's an american :confused.gif:
Maybe Jozy is actually a good player? Villareal bought him for $10 million. Do you think they're interested in him just because he's American?

Don't be ridiculous. If Bluedaddy or I were only interested in hyping American players, then you'd be hearing us gush about the likes of Taylor Twellman or Alecko Eskandarian. The problem is, they suck. Jozy will be an elite player one day. There are probably only one or two American players that you can say that about.
acab schreef:True. But if Domo had german passport, his value would be around $7-8M.
If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.
The transfer sum doesn't mean much for a young palyer. Many players, concidered for huge talents at 17-18 could not make it in the big football. Ajax need experienced players, not hot prospects. We allready have enough of them. You can not win the league with kids. Maybe before 10 years that was posible, but not anymore. And i'm sick of waiting for the title.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » do jun 11, 2009 9:10 pm

dude... you cannot possibly be serious

you have no idea who he is at all, so again, where are you even getting your firm analysis from?

maybe the problem here is you assume that him being american means he's not worth a damn?

acab

Bericht door acab » vr jun 12, 2009 10:08 am

bluedaddy19 schreef:

dude... you cannot possibly be serious

you have no idea who he is at all, so again, where are you even getting your firm analysis from?

maybe the problem here is you assume that him being american means he's not worth a damn?
Read my last post. By the way, where is Fredy Addu? he was concidered for a big talent too :ajaxsmiley.gif:

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » vr jun 12, 2009 11:08 am

acab schreef:
Read my last post. By the way, where is Fredy Addu? he was concidered for a big talent too :ajaxsmiley.gif:

hmmm... do you have any points to make that are even remotely relevant? or are you just trying to prove it's you that's showing his full bias?

if so, job well done! :cheer.gif:

as for freddy, he is a 19-year old benfica player that has seen some struggles for playing time... which of course makes him total shite because as we all know most 19-year olds at clubs like benfica just walk in and take over the world

as of now, most of freddy's best days have come in international football, but as i said, he's a 19-year old attacking midfielder on a team with pablo aimar, jose reyes and angel di maria ... not sure what more you want from him by this date, he's obviously already a complete failure

acab

Bericht door acab » vr jun 12, 2009 3:23 pm

bluedaddy19 schreef:
acab schreef:

hmmm... do you have any points to make that are even remotely relevant? or are you just trying to prove it's you that's showing his full bias?

if so, job well done! :cheer.gif:

as for freddy, he is a 19-year old benfica player that has seen some struggles for playing time... which of course makes him total shite because as we all know most 19-year olds at clubs like benfica just walk in and take over the world

as of now, most of freddy's best days have come in international football, but as i said, he's a 19-year old attacking midfielder on a team with pablo aimar, jose reyes and angel di maria ... not sure what more you want from him by this date, he's obviously already a complete failure
I don't know- is my english sooo bad, or you just don't want to understand me? Look, it's normal to be
cautious to a player like this Altidor, i never heard of him before. It's good to sign a quality youg player, but - the club don't have any free money, and if we must coose between hot prospekt and experienced palyer, i and i hope Jol will choose the second one. It's time to win the f*cking league!!! i think you'll agree.

bluedaddy19
Contacteer:

Bericht door bluedaddy19 » vr jun 12, 2009 8:31 pm

acab schreef: I don't know- is my english sooo bad, or you just don't want to understand me? Look, it's normal to be
cautious to a player like this Altidor, i never heard of him before. It's good to sign a quality youg player, but - the club don't have any free money, and if we must coose between hot prospekt and experienced palyer, i and i hope Jol will choose the second one. It's time to win the f*cking league!!! i think you'll agree.

here's the thing: it would probably be a free season loan, not a buy

so yes, i am most definitely all for it

i want the title too, i want it now, and i know we can't get it without two legit big forwards... and let's face it, cvitanich is not exactly the biggest big forward that ever was to begin with

we need muscle in the back definitely above all, but we also need one piece of muscle up top - among the attackers we have now, if given maybe 10 starts and a good number of sub appearances, he'd crack 10 goals easy

freddy is very talented, but jozy is very talented plus a grown man physically, very calm and confident, an eager pupil AND he would fight for the shirt like crazy because he's an ajax freak - no, he's not a fully established tried and true euro-star, but if he was he wouldn't possibly be available for a loan

of course, practically every villarreal striker is being linked with a move right now, so he may well not be in the end - but i'd take him in a heartbeat and feel great about it

acab

Bericht door acab » za jun 13, 2009 12:28 pm

He's in the US squad fgor the confederations cup, so i'll watch him carefuly. :smile-ajax.gif:

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » di jun 16, 2009 1:38 am

jamie schreef:Vermaelen is a decent player but I don't think that Wenger will pay anything near what Ajax is asking for him. Ajax seems to want 12-15 million for him and I would not be surprised if Arsenal only wants to pay 5 million or so for him. On top of that, Jol does not seem to be too eager to sell him so I don't think that Vermaelen will be going to Arsenal.
I am with you, Arsenal are cheaper than us! I had heard that they were going to pay 11 million pounds for him! I just can't see that happening. I have no real love for Vermaelen ever since he screwed up against FC Copenhagen. Good riddance I say.

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » di jun 16, 2009 1:42 am

rjf1 schreef:
gordonvandekamp schreef:While I'm not a huge VoH fan, I don't think he'd be an entirely bad addition. He's big and proved he can score goals...
I agree. IMO, a strong, big forward is just what Ajax needs (and has been lacking) in order to bring out the best in Suarez and Sulejmani.

RJF
I agree, VoH is better than Cvitanich but I don't see him coming back to Holland yet. I could see him in Germany instead.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jun 16, 2009 6:53 pm

VoH is taller than Cvitanich, but not a better football player... He's a giraffe.

K.
Still alive...

Plaats reactie