Ajax Youth & Amateurs

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Re: Ajax Youth & Amateurs

Bericht door Kowalczyk » za mei 02, 2009 5:18 pm

Not a good day for the 'Ajax of De Toekomst', home of the club's youth and amateur sections.

Ajax A1 had to settle for a 2-2 draw at FC Groningen A1, while Feyenoord A1 booked the road win they required at FC Twente/Heracles A1 (1-3). Which means that Feyenoord A1 clinched the title on the last match day. Ajax finished second. If Ajax had won in Groningen, the title would have been at stake in a head-to-head decision match. What a shame.

Secondly, the Ajax Saturday-1 amateurs did everything they could, but failed to beat DOVO. Final score: 0-0 at De Toekomst, which means relegation from the Hoofdklasse to the First Class of Saturday amateur football. Again: what a shame.

Ajax A2 did win the championship on their level, by the way. They beat FC Zwolle A1 (1-2) in the First Division for A youth teams. They will not get promoted to the Eredivisie for A-youth teams, though, as Ajax A1 are already playing there. The runners-up from the First Division (Volendam A1) will get promoted instead.

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mei 02, 2009 8:09 pm

Bad news losing the title to Fword.

Pleased to see the A2 are champions but their team is strange as 7 out of the squad are leaving not good enough.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mei 09, 2009 7:32 pm

Ajax A1 lost 3-1 to Heerenveen in the semi final of the u19 cup so completing their season except a couple of end of season tourneys.

Apart from Van Meulen who is injured and Sneijder also missing they played their strongest squad but 2 players to mention from outside the A1 squad. Christian Eriksen the 17 year old Dane( and the only non Dutch in our youth system) played instead of Sneijder. He has a contract with Ajax. The real player to mention was a sub Ouasim Bouy, a midfielder out of our B2 u 16 team . This lad is still only 15 !! I do hope they put some of our u16 on contract as most of the B2 team have played for Holland U16 .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mei 21, 2009 7:13 pm

Well we do have some good U16's as our B2 team won the u17 cup final 3-2 beating PSV B1 .
We run 2 U17 teams but the B2 are all U16 so they beat PSV 's U17's which is great news. We may not have many players in the u17 or U19 Dutch teams but about 10 of our current U16 's have played or been in the Ducth U16 teams this seaon.

The bad news is that Chelsea have tried to get Fabian Sporkslede and I read today that Inter fancy Ousim Bouy, a young striker.It does seem that Ajax need to put some of these kids on contract although I do not see many wanting to go to Italy , where they do not get full wages until 18 and ther are no reserve teams and they will likely just get lost in the system.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do mei 21, 2009 8:42 pm

SPL schreef:The bad news is that Chelsea have tried to get Fabian Sporkslede and I read today that Inter fancy Ousim Bouy, a young striker.It does seem that Ajax need to put some of these kids on contract although I do not see many wanting to go to Italy , where they do not get full wages until 18 and ther are no reserve teams and they will likely just get lost in the system.
The Italians are really up in arms about the current situation. Lazio lost an underage striker to ManU (can't exactly remembe other than it was one of the big four) and he scored seveal critical goals for them during the season as an 18 year old. Until FIFA or UEFA step in this will be an ongoing problem. We all know of the problems players from the Eredivisie have had when the move on too early. Hope these two kids stick it out with Ajax. Is there an age restriction on contracts in the Netherlands?
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mei 21, 2009 9:03 pm

Youth contracts for up to 3 years can be given to 16 and 17 year olds . I believe there is a limit on salary something like 30000 euros per year under 18.I am sure the Italians cannot pay much more to kids under 18 whereas in Uk you can pay anything you like to 17 year olds and I am not sure there is a limit to 16 year olds in England .Chelsea signed a young Fworder a couple of years a go Jeffrey Bruma when he was still 15 . They were going to pay him about 3000 euros per week from 16 !!

UEFA and EU need to stop kids under 18 being sold abroad .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mei 24, 2009 7:24 pm

Our A1 team won an international U19 toury at Terborg this weekend. They beat Liverpool , drew with PSV, Egypt and Gremio to reach the semi then beat Australia and Atletico Mineiro 2-0 in the final. they have another tourny next weekend so Ajax youths still playing.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mei 26, 2009 12:43 pm

Some very good news today on the official site, we have just put 4X16year olds (B2 team) on 3 year contracts.We do have about 10 of our B2 team who have played at U16 level for Holland u16's so there is some real talent at this age.

Stefano Denswil a defender,Davvy Klassen a midfielder, Jip Bartels and Lesley De Sa both forwards.
These 4 have all just reached 16. 2 other talents Fabian Sporkslede a defender and midfielder Ouasim Bouy are next to reach agreement on 3 year contracts. Neither have reached 16 (Fabian in August and Ouasim in June) so hopefully that is the only reason for them not yet signing as Chelsea and Inter have been after them.

In addition 17 year old B1(u17) goalie Warner Hahn has signed for 3 years.Also 3 members of our A1 team have signed . Marco Bizot goalie for 2 years plus 1 year option and defender Randal Shakison and midfielder Tayfun Candan both for 1 year with a1 year option.

We now have about 24 youth players under contract and apart from Christian Eriksen a Dane, they are all Dutch and local.
This is how youth academies should be and I do not believe kids under 18 should move abroad. After 18 you can sign them and pay the proper transfer fee.

Signing on these local 16 year olds today is what Ajax is still about and I hope some of them break thorugh to the first team in time.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di mei 26, 2009 1:35 pm

SPL schreef:Signing on these local 16 year olds today is what Ajax is still about and I hope some of them break thorugh to the first team in time.
Right on!!! :blub.gif: This is what the club is made of and if even 3-4 of these players make the grade it will be great news.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » di mei 26, 2009 3:12 pm

SPL schreef:This is how youth academies should be and I do not believe kids under 18 should move abroad. After 18 you can sign them and pay the proper transfer fee.
*Sigh* This makes way too much sense to become the rule.
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mei 26, 2009 5:41 pm

i would agree trying to ban kids under 18 moving abroad will be difficult to bring in and Barca are as bad as anyone.

I know it must bore some of you Dutch guys but when I mention my team is Ajax the respose is always the same The great youth system.( Cruyff and Total footy are mentioned afterwards)
Lets hope some of the 24 or so Youths contracted go on to become first teamers.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mei 30, 2009 7:07 pm

Youth teams still playing Tournements and our A1 are in the Copa Amsterdam and beat Chelsea u 19 today . The B1 are in an U17 tourny and the squad contains 6x U 16 and they have beaten Schalke 5-1,
Anderlecht 1-0 Real Madrid 1-0 but lost 2-1 to Heerenveen. All these games are 2x 25 min halves.Hopefully some talent in these age groups will come through.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo mei 31, 2009 7:47 pm

the A1 team drew 1-1 with Chivas of Mexico and then beat some team FCNH 4-0 so play in the semi tomorrow.
Our B1 team finished their tourny in 4th place having suffered the great dutch disease penalty misses.
They drew their semi 0-0 with Valencia who then won on penalities . The B1 played Hamburg for 3/4 place drew 2-2 but lost on penalties. The good thing about our B1 was that they used 8 of the B2 U 16's so good experience. Valencia beat Heerenveen 2-1 to win this tourny in Groningen.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jun 01, 2009 7:02 pm

A1 beat Rosenberg 1-0 to reach the final but then lost in the final 1-0 to AZ

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jun 03, 2009 6:04 pm

Only 2/3 of the A1 team have not been given contracts and one of them winger Jarchino Antonia has signed a1 year contract with ADO Den Haag. The only others are Apau , a full back and Yildirim a striker who scored plenty for the A2 but played several A1 games as sub.

The youths have still not finished their season as the B1 play a tourny over the weekend and our B2 U16 play Fword B1 U17 on Saturday in the U17 super cup(Fword champions and our B2 won the cup )

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jun 05, 2009 11:29 am

The remaining A1 and A2 players who have been released have all been signed up quickly.

Antonia to den Haag and Apau has signed a 2 year contract with Veendam. The only other official A1 leaving Burger(reserve goalie) has joined an amatuer team Odin 59.

In the A2 team Koppers joins Vitesse and Yildirim probably to Utrecht .
4 others have 1 year left in the youth system and Ajax have decided they are not good enough. These guys will play for the following A1 teams next season
De Haas Volendam
Gashi Vitesse
Schildwact AZ (he played in the last Jong Ajax game)
Peristerides probably Volendam.( has trained with the first team this season)

Seems a little odd that we get rid of kids 1 year early and they are obviously good enough for A1 youth footy.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jun 06, 2009 7:31 pm

Last competitive youth games this weekend and the U17 supercup was won by Ajax B2(U16's) They beat Fword B1(u17's) 1-0 . Bouy scored for us.

The B1's U17's are playing in a tourny and reached the semis but the report states that due to the B2's supercup game and school exams they have got 5 players on loan , 4 from Haarlem and 1 for Volendam.
Not sure the point of that but obviously atouny they always play in !!!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jun 30, 2009 7:07 pm

Another 16 year old signs a contract Tom Boere striker with our B1 team has signed until 2012 .He will be in the A1 team next season.I make that approx 26 of last seasons youths now signed contracts.

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » ma jul 06, 2009 2:12 am

Not sure if this is where this really belongs, but Ko will move it if I'm wrong. :ajaxsmiley.gif:

Another old legend (Johan Neeskens, now Rijkaard's assistant at Galatasaray) weighs in on the current state of the club:

“'It hurts to see it, in all honesty…' Neeskens says. There’s one simple fact that demonstrates how Ajax has alienated from it’s own self. 'Twelve different coaches in ten seasons?!?' moans Rijkaard’s assistant. 'That is not like Ajax at all. I wonder where the big vision has gone.'"
"Nees points at the globally envied youth development. 'Ajax own youth was the foundation of the club. Not signing players from all over the world. And let’s face it: Dutch teams can’t buy the big players anymore! ... So I say: focus on your youth development! The bonus is, you’ll get players who immediately know what to do within the Ajax style.'"
"'In Barca’s team of Van Gaal, Barca played with seven or eight players developed by Ajax! Will it ever return? I hope so, but time will tell. You’ll need a vision, and not just a short term one, it needs to be culture, strategy and lifestyle!'"

http://netherlands.worldcupblog.org/1/j ... -ajax.html
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr aug 14, 2009 11:57 am

There is an article about Rodney Sneijder where his brother appears to have said big clubs still want him, but Rodney will stay and wants to succeed at Ajax. His agent has denied any interest. Glad he looks like staying but I am surpised he is still in the A1 squad and not the reserves.That suggest he has not developed quite as quick last season.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 26, 2009 12:13 am

not sure how good our youth are but the A1 started Saturday with a4-0 win over Sparta but tonight were thrashed 4-0 by PSV.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za aug 29, 2009 6:55 pm

I am not going to put A1 scores here regularly but cannot avoid today they beat ADO Den Haag A1 10-0 Ebecilio scored six. Castillion who played all 90 mins failed to score!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za okt 17, 2009 12:30 am

Apart from Bouy, Fabian Sporkslede is another just 16 who was supposed to be contracted when 16 , August for him. He is evidently a highly rated defender . Any news on him as he like Bouy was interesting foreign teams last season?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za okt 31, 2009 1:15 am

Our A1 won 5-0 v NAC with Castillion who scored 3 , Bizot, Ze Eduardo ,and Bonevacia all offficially members of our Jong squad getting a competitive game.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo nov 15, 2009 7:12 pm

Our A1 youth are in form , last week they won 5-0 v Heerenveen with Ze Eduardo scoring 2 and yesterday they thrashed AZ 6-1,Ze Eduardo scored 1. Christian Eriksen is the star having scored 2 goals in each of these games. The big thing about yesterday is that 6 regular members of the A1 team are currently with the Dutch u19's and thus the team had A2 players and a couple of B1 players also.
( the B 1 team won 10-0 v NAC Breda today with Ouasim Bouy scoring 4 , he was asub for the A1 yesterday but still does not appear to be under contract . I do hope Arsenal or Chelsea are not going to steal him !!)

Plaats reactie