Markus Rosenberg

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » do feb 16, 2006 12:59 am

If Fiorentina really want to pay 6 million for Babel I think we should take it.

He's never shown me that he is a player who could potentially fit in the Ajax way of playing football. Or at least the way Ajax want to play football...

mtrules

Bericht door mtrules » do feb 16, 2006 2:15 am

Some say Babel has the potential to become a striker as good as Kluivert, but I still don't see anything of Kluivert in him. 6 million would be great for this reserve player!

DanK

Bericht door DanK » do feb 16, 2006 11:24 am

Thomas schreef:...He's never shown me that he is a player who could potentially fit in the Ajax way of playing football. Or at least the way Ajax want to play football...
And what way is that? I didn't realise Ajax had any intention to play football anymore, at least that what is seems like.

Bloody hell, it seems like years ago that the team played like an Ajax team should play. We used to set the standard in attacking, attractive football, now we are no better than any other mediocre side in Europe. We have in fact become extremely boring to watch.

I just hope it comes back sooner rather than later...either way though, 'Ik hou van Ajax' and always will.

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » do feb 16, 2006 12:02 pm

That's exactly what I meant by the second sentence, DanK. Ajax have rarely succeeded in actually playing great attacking football over the last few years. The fact remains however that it is still something Ajax want to achieve. And that's why I don't like to see Rosenberg on the left wing.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do feb 16, 2006 4:12 pm

A happy man with Ajax : he would play for Ajax for 10 years !

Markus Rosenberg laat in Sportweek weten dat hij zijn contract bij Ajax wil verlengen. De Zweedse aanvaller heeft nog een doorlopend contract, maar wil nog jarenlang in de Arena blijven voetballen. Het is vooralsnog onduidelijk of hij binnenkort met technisch directeur Martin van Geel om de tafel gaat zitten.

“Zoals ik er nu tegen aankijk, zou ik nog wel tien jaar bij Ajax willen blijven. Misschien is dat wel beter voor mij," meldt Rosenberg. Momenteel speelt hij als linkeraanvaller en steekt de Zweed in een goede vorm. De laatste zes duels wist hij vijf keer het net te vinden namens de Amsterdammers.
Appie, stay strong !

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do feb 16, 2006 6:09 pm

philippe schreef:A happy man with Ajax : he would play for Ajax for 10 years !

Markus Rosenberg laat in Sportweek weten dat hij zijn contract bij Ajax wil verlengen. De Zweedse aanvaller heeft nog een doorlopend contract, maar wil nog jarenlang in de Arena blijven voetballen. Het is vooralsnog onduidelijk of hij binnenkort met technisch directeur Martin van Geel om de tafel gaat zitten.

“Zoals ik er nu tegen aankijk, zou ik nog wel tien jaar bij Ajax willen blijven. Misschien is dat wel beter voor mij," meldt Rosenberg. Momenteel speelt hij als linkeraanvaller en steekt de Zweed in een goede vorm. De laatste zes duels wist hij vijf keer het net te vinden namens de Amsterdammers.
Trans:

Markus Rosenberg lets it be known in Sportweek that he wants to extend his conrtact with Ajax. The Swedish striker still has a contract, but he wants to continue to play football at the Arena for years. He is, however, not clear on whether or not he will sit down with Technical Director Martin van Geel any time soon.

"The way I see it right now, I would like to stay with Ajax for 10 years. Maybe that is better for me," says Rosenberg. Currently he is playing as left forward and finds himself in good form. He has found the net five times in his last six matches.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do feb 16, 2006 6:37 pm

What a bloke. Excellent.

Rosey for President. :xyxthumbs:

K.
Still alive...

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » do feb 16, 2006 7:09 pm

Does anyone actually believe this?

This is not part of my anti-Rosenberg campaign or something but footballplayers mumble stuff like this all the time. He could end up on the bench after an injury and he'd be gone the next day, so to say.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do feb 16, 2006 7:28 pm

Thomas schreef:This is not part of my anti-Rosenberg campaign or something but footballplayers mumble stuff like this all the time. He could end up on the bench after an injury and he'd be gone the next day, so to say.
I agree with you that footballers will always think about their career and that their loyalty to a club will disappear soon enough when there are reasons to be dissatisfied with their position. You're only happy at a club when you're the man.

That's obvious.

Having said that, I disagree with you that "players say things like this all the time". It's quite rare, actually. I was very annoyed by a kid like Rafaël van der Vaart, for example. He was doing great and scoring like a madman, but he was only 18 or 19 at the time. And what did he say when some journo asked him about his future? "Oh yeah, I am so happy at Ajax. It's my club and I love it here, so I'll play here for another season!"

For another season...???? Are we supposed to throw a party now, because our self-developed 18 year-old is considering another season at his club? F**K OFF!!!

I know that Rosenberg's feelings about Ajax might change. But for the moment he's apparently very happy here, in spite of the fact that we're having a shit season. That's good to hear and I appreciate his enthusiasm.

K.
Still alive...

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » do feb 16, 2006 7:56 pm

I'll just come out and say it myself: Excellent point, Ko. :xyxthumbs:

Having said that, I'm very curious to know what Mr. Rosenberg would do if Milan would approach him this summer. :D ;)

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do feb 16, 2006 8:32 pm

Thomas schreef:I'll just come out and say it myself: Excellent point, Ko. :xyxthumbs:

Having said that, I'm very curious to know what Mr. Rosenberg would do if Milan would approach him this summer. :D ;)
I seem to remember Zlatan "promising" to stay for another season at the end of 2003/2004 season (I think it's actually on the highlights dvd for that season). I can't really blame him for going to Juventus when they came in for him but does show exactly how much words are worth sometimes.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

vipester458

Bericht door vipester458 » zo feb 19, 2006 9:51 pm

i hope Markus doesnt leave coz hes playing really well at the moment. Keep up the good work Markus.just out of interest, does anyone know if Markus speaks engish? Coz when i watch dutch football it seems like most of the players speak english. so i thought id ask.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo feb 19, 2006 9:57 pm

vipester458 schreef:i hope Markus doesnt leave coz hes playing really well at the moment. Keep up the good work Markus.just out of interest, does anyone know if Markus speaks engish? Coz when i watch dutch football it seems like most of the players speak english. so i thought id ask.
Hi and welcome vipester458. Yes, Marcus seems to speak very good English - better than his Dutch I think judging by the English language interviews I've seen from him on Dutch TV :xyxthumbs:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » zo feb 19, 2006 11:34 pm

vipester458 schreef:i hope Markus doesnt leave coz hes playing really well at the moment. Keep up the good work Markus.just out of interest, does anyone know if Markus speaks engish? Coz when i watch dutch football it seems like most of the players speak english. so i thought id ask.
The problem isn't that he's not bagging goals for us. The problem is that we don't know where he should be positioned.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo feb 19, 2006 11:36 pm

Thomas schreef:The problem isn't that he's not bagging goals for us. The problem is that we don't know where he should be positioned.
Well, we do now, don't we: KJH in the middle, Rosey on the left wing. They are both scoring like mad men, so there is no reason in the flippin' world to change it, in my opinion. Yeah, I know we bought Perez, I know that Mitea will return and I know Ajax want Grønkjæar, but let's face it: any coach that would put Markus on the bench right now, is absolutely and utterly insane.

K.
Still alive...

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » ma feb 20, 2006 12:37 am

Kowalczyk schreef:
Thomas schreef:The problem isn't that he's not bagging goals for us. The problem is that we don't know where he should be positioned.
Well, we do now, don't we: KJH in the middle, Rosey on the left wing. They are both scoring like mad men, so there is no reason in the flippin' world to change it, in my opinion. Yeah, I know we bought Perez, I know that Mitea will return and I know Ajax want Grønkjæar, but let's face it: any coach that would put Markus on the bench right now, is absolutely and utterly insane.

K.
But any coach who would sell him for loads of cash in the summer now that other clubs are still interested is not absolutely and utterly insane.

I think Markus is great for us up front but he (along with many others) hurts our positional play.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma feb 20, 2006 6:46 pm

He still has not gained a lot of interest from other clubs, if he keeps this up he will though...but you know what they say: "Why try too fix something thats not broken". Besides Perez is not a "Natural" left winger, Mitea always has his ups and downs and the Gronkjaer deal still has not been done yet. Positional matters aside we should keep it just the way it is.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » ma feb 20, 2006 7:43 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:
Thomas schreef:I'll just come out and say it myself: Excellent point, Ko. :xyxthumbs:

I seem to remember Zlatan "promising" to stay for another season at the end of 2003/2004 season (I think it's actually on the highlights dvd for that season). I can't really blame him for going to Juventus when they came in for him but does show exactly how much words are worth sometimes.
Well if I understood it correctly he had every intention of staying, he had even bought a brand new apartment tomove into when Juventus suddenly made a very clear interest and Ajax were willing to sell (fucking idiots!).
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » ma feb 20, 2006 7:46 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:

K.
And any club apiring to play in the cup, league and CL needs at least one good backup for every spot. Klas Jaan can't play 50 games or more in a season - so we'll need Markus for at least 15-20 games as no 9 next season as well.

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » ma feb 20, 2006 9:18 pm

Per schreef:Well if I understood it correctly he had every intention of staying, he had even bought a brand new apartment tomove into when Juventus suddenly made a very clear interest and Ajax were willing to sell (fucking idiots!).
To their defence, Zlatan wanted a move to Juve as well, and keeping a player that doesn't want to stay is seldom a good idea. But that doesn't mean that you should give the player away. It's okay to demand the money he's worth.

Rosenberg on the other hand seems very happy, and also likes his recent left winger position. At least he said he was happy with the position, but after all he is a central striker, so I'm sure he'd be most pleased with the number 9 spot. But scoring each and every game, it's hard to complain about the situation.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » ma feb 20, 2006 9:44 pm

For those of you who have seen the full games:

Does he play more like a central forward who starts his runs from left flank or does he actually get crosses in and function as a "real" flanker?

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » ma feb 20, 2006 11:46 pm

Per schreef:For those of you who have seen the full games:

Does he play more like a central forward who starts his runs from left flank or does he actually get crosses in and function as a "real" flanker?
Judging on the games that I've seen him play he rarely ever gets in a cross. It's impossible to play a wide game with him on the left. You get the same problem as with Babel -but ofcourse Rosenberg is doing much better than Babel-.

He doesn't have too many runs with the ball either. That's not his strongpoint. But he is a smart player who pops up at the right moment and his quickness off the ball gets him opportunities as well.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di feb 21, 2006 12:10 am

Thomas schreef:

Judging on the games that I've seen him play he rarely ever gets in a cross. It's impossible to play a wide game with him on the left. You get the same problem as with Babel -but ofcourse Rosenberg is doing much better than Babel-.

He doesn't have too many runs with the ball either. That's not his strongpoint. But he is a smart player who pops up at the right moment and his quickness off the ball gets him opportunities as well.
Well he's a right footed player playing on the wrong side of the pitch so he tends tu make his runs inwards rather than outwards wich is just fine. Even a true winger like Van der Mayde did the same thing when playing on the left, thats how he scored a lot of goals, same with Babel. He does get in a cross every now and then but what he really does well is open space for Urby who is the real wide man on the left.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » di feb 21, 2006 4:04 am

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:
Thomas schreef:

Well he's a right footed player playing on the wrong side of the pitch so he tends tu make his runs inwards rather than outwards wich is just fine. Even a true winger like Van der Mayde did the same thing when playing on the left, thats how he scored a lot of goals, same with Babel. He does get in a cross every now and then but what he really does well is open space for Urby who is the real wide man on the left.
I know that that's how it is but it shouldn't be. Because of the fact that Emanuelson needs to be the wide man on the left he leaves a lot of space behind him for the opponent's rightwinger to profit from. It's because of that that Castelen (Feyenoord) and Elia (ADO) were very dangerous against us.

Frans

Bericht door Frans » di feb 21, 2006 4:26 am

Per schreef: And any club apiring to play in the cup, league and CL needs at least one good backup for every spot. Klas Jaan can't play 50 games or more in a season - so we'll need Markus for at least 15-20 games as no 9 next season as well.
Charisteas and Babel can be backups. I think Charisteas is the most unlucky man at Ajax now. I still can't see what major thing he's done wrong this season. Mind you, same story with Escude.

Gesloten