Markus Rosenberg

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Feest

Bericht door Feest » zo mar 12, 2006 1:30 pm

Well, the game was a carbon copy of the Barca - Chelsea game in the first half. Both team cancelling each other out and leaving both holding midfielders unmarked to construct the game. During that period I thought Simons showed more balls and a better sense of positioning than the somewhat lost and cowardly playing Lindenbergh. He reminded me of Patrick Paauwe in the first half. And that's never a good thing.

Yet, when he had Pienaar in front of him in the second half who was taking Simons away from the center, Lindenbergh showed he can play a telling pass. Now he needs to work on his short-passing skills to keep the Ajax game flowing when they're playing three up front and he's the open man.

Knowing that PSV never plays with a number 10, I would have played Maduro in that slot any day.

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » zo mar 12, 2006 4:19 pm

Steef schreef:Knowing that PSV never plays with a number 10, I would have played Maduro in that slot any day.
And who would you have played at the back then?

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » zo mar 12, 2006 4:29 pm

Lindenbergh?
Nog steeds eens met Boem.

En met niemand anders!

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » zo mar 12, 2006 4:45 pm

Two lefties at centre back doesn't seem like the best of options to me. Kone enjoys going around the outside of his defender. If he were to run at Lindenbergh and go around him to Lindenbergh's right, that would have caused trouble.

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » zo mar 12, 2006 5:05 pm

Maduro in defense is often also a cause of trouble.

En met niemand anders!

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » zo mar 12, 2006 5:48 pm

Definitely. I'm not saying Maduro should play there. I just don't know if Lindenbergh should.

Bert
Contacteer:

Bericht door Bert » zo mar 12, 2006 5:54 pm

If he is the best option, he should.

En met niemand anders!

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma mar 13, 2006 12:17 am

Please discuss the tactics for the Inter game in the Inter vs Ajax match thread... This is the Rosenberg thread...

Thanks.

K.
Still alive...

vipester458

Bericht door vipester458 » zo mar 26, 2006 6:38 pm

Do you guys think that Markus will have more chances to score goals when Wesley Sneijder comes back in mid field?

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » zo mar 26, 2006 8:48 pm

I seem to be in the minority on the subjet, but I'm still not sure about Rosenberg......he misses too many, seems to lose an awful lot of possesion for the team, and seems to pass into thin air very often to be reasonable................

I am the only one thinking "Bull in a china shop" when he's on the ball???

Just for the record, I think he's a great guy, who's trying his best best...just not up to the challenge............
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Feest

Bericht door Feest » zo mar 26, 2006 8:52 pm

I'm with you, MP.

dws

Bericht door dws » zo mar 26, 2006 9:11 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:I seem to be in the minority on the subjet, but I'm still not sure about Rosenberg......he misses too many, seems to lose an awful lot of possesion for the team, and seems to pass into thin air very often to be reasonable................

I am the only one thinking "Bull in a china shop" when he's on the ball???

Just for the record, I think he's a great guy, who's trying his best best...just not up to the challenge............
In this Ajax team he is one of the better performers. But then, this Ajax team is one of the poorest in decades.

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » zo mar 26, 2006 9:35 pm

Steef schreef:I'm with you, MP.
Damn....I must be wrong then...... ;)
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

RosenbergSpits

Bericht door RosenbergSpits » zo mar 26, 2006 10:53 pm

Think with this name, i can't give any comment on him. :blush:

kaiser

Bericht door kaiser » zo mar 26, 2006 11:43 pm

Rosenberg has been among the best players lately, before that, he scored many goals. There are other players in the team being much weaker.
Go Markus :xyxthumbs: :xyxthumbs:

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma mar 27, 2006 3:38 am

He caught fire earlier in the season but has since died down but still one of the best and what i like most about him, always gives it all, plays anywhere they tell him to and never complains.

Lets remember he is not a natural winger :yes:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

DrDuncan

Bericht door DrDuncan » ma mar 27, 2006 6:02 pm

I wouldn't fault his commitment, but he needs to improve his technique. Several times in recent games he has had chances which have been too easy for the keeper to save. But so long as he works to improve, he should stay in the team.

Jeroen126

Bericht door Jeroen126 » ma mar 27, 2006 7:35 pm

Frans schreef:
Then he said Escude lacked the ability to go forward and used the mistake against Feyenoord as an excuse to drop him. ffs, if a player lacks a string to his bow, then you develop that skill, don't just cast them into the wilderness. A coach is meant to improve/develop his players. But no, Blind had decided Escude wasn't up to it. So first chance he gets, Escude gets the chop.

As for De Ridder, Blind had his opinion formed there when he was still youth coach. Basically, if you get on Blind's black list, you're screwed. You could Shit gold, piss champagne and vomit Plutonium and you'd still be off-loaded as soon as the window was open.

But no problem with the striker selection at the moment. Looks like Blind eventually got it right there. Of course, the defence hasn't quite reached the same standard. Maybe next year his choices will come up trumps.
IMO, De Ridder just lacked quality, plain and simple. Maybe he would've done better as a "10", but we also had ( much ) better players for that position at the time. Hell, we still do.

Anyway, im satisfied with Rosenberg. Great player, seems to have heart for the club, etc.

vipester458

Bericht door vipester458 » zo apr 09, 2006 7:59 pm

I watched an ajax match recently and there were at least three time that ajax broke forward.Markus darted forward, his marker was no where to be seen. Markus had plenty of space in front of him. Perfect for someone to pass to him. yet no one passed the ball to him.That happen at least three times. naturally Markus was pretty pissed off with this, as was i. Thats why sometimes i feel that when he actually gets the ball in the position to score he either trys to rush it, or almost in a state of surprise that hes been passed the ball, he sometimes doent know where to shoot it. i believe hes got the tallent and he seems like a nice guy.He just needs people to keep giving him the ball and give him more chances to show us what he can do.

Keep going Markus :xyxthumbs:

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma apr 17, 2006 7:32 pm

Any word on his condition ????
BRING IT ON !!!!...

vipester458

Bericht door vipester458 » za apr 29, 2006 10:06 pm

Its nice to see him score again. Well done Markus :xyxthumbs:

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di nov 07, 2006 12:16 am

According to Johan Derksen of Voetbal International magazine and the Voetbal Insite TV talkshow, Olympique Lyon are interested in signing up Markus in January. Derksen claims that Ajax are open for talks and willing to co-operate.

We'll see what happens, but everyone can see that things are not going well for Markus at the moment. It feels like he's more or less finished and rumour has it that Van Geel and HTC don't rate him.

K.
Still alive...

Per
Contacteer:

Bericht door Per » di nov 07, 2006 7:37 am

Kowalczyk schreef:According to Johan Derksen of Voetbal International magazine and the Voetbal Insite TV talkshow, Olympique Lyon are interested in signing up Markus in January. Derksen claims that Ajax are open for talks and willing to co-operate.

We'll see what happens, but everyone can see that things are not going well for Markus at the moment. It feels like he's more or less finished and rumour has it that Van Geel and HTC don't rate him.

K.
It's very strange that one of the workd top clubs at the moment (best stats in CL at the moment if I'm not mistaken) are interested in a "glued to the bench" player.

Even more strange that they, also, are a 4-3-3 playing team and should they do their homework, they'd know that if Markus should play anywhere, it's in a 4-4-2.

Well, we'll see what happens.
Why do you build me up? BUTTERCUP!

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » di nov 07, 2006 12:28 pm

never loved him so much, I would have opted for Charisteas as second choice after Huntelaar. ..but...if Rosenberg leaves and in the summer well'have also to resist to all the attempts in "stealing" us KJH, isnt'time to have a new, young central forward already in the winterstop? or in your opinion Ajax staff will bring poepon (maybe not a classic n.9) in the first team?
O tempora o mores

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di nov 07, 2006 12:33 pm

Obviously seeling Babel instead and keeping Rosenberg would be a more sensible option, unless our goal is to make money rather than strengthening our squad.

Gesloten