Olaf Lindenbergh

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jul 31, 2007 9:38 am

We'd almost forget, but this dude still is on Ajax's payrole.

Henk ten Cate told him that he can look out for a new club. Ajax are willing to let him go on a free transfer, but Olaf appears to be playing it tough. NEC want to sign him up and there have been talks, but Lindenbergh's financial demands are too much for NEC.

To be continued.

K.
Still alive...

JohnyAjax

Bericht door JohnyAjax » zo aug 05, 2007 4:22 pm

I'd say - we should let him go to a midtable Eredivisie side for around 400,000 Euros. He shouldn't be stubborn and since the club doesn't need him and he doesn't have a role in the club he should go, even if he isn't handed a large contract.

Frans

Bericht door Frans » ma aug 06, 2007 12:16 am

JohnyAjax schreef:I'd say - we should let him go to a midtable Eredivisie side for around 400,000 Euros. He shouldn't be stubborn and since the club doesn't need him and he doesn't have a role in the club he should go, even if he isn't handed a large contract.
Why shouldn't he be stubborn? He's only got a couple of years left in his career to make some money. Would you move somewhere else to make less money? I sure as hell wouldn't, at least, not with only a couple of years left in my working life.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di aug 07, 2007 11:38 am

olaf has been demoted to the reserves as of today.
looks like he has to leave if he wants any playing time.
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 13, 2007 1:01 pm

He will have to leave, and he wants to leave. That's not the problem. The problem are his wages. NEC wanted to offer him a contract, but he's demanding an 'Ajax salary', which smaller clubs can't afford.

This situation is totally his own fault. He can't moan about Ajax, because the club are willing to let him go on a free transfer, whereas he still has a contract for one season.

I think he'll find a new club before the transfer window closes, though. He will probably settle for a more realistic salary when the deadline comes closer (unless he wants to spend one of his last years as a footballer making good money, but playing for Young Ajax...).

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za sep 01, 2007 3:42 am

Olaf has left to Sparta
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma sep 03, 2007 12:47 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Olaf has left to Sparta
Indeed. It happened while Ajax USA was down, so I couldn't publish a news report. But now it's up.

http://www.ajax-usa.com/news/2007-2008/ ... ution.html

Good luck to Olaf.

Let's close this thread down. All comments about Lindenbergh at Sparta may be posted in the Former Ajax Players thread.

K.
Still alive...

Gesloten