Luis Suárez

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr jan 11, 2008 8:17 pm

If he knows the dutch word "schwalbe", and I guess he is, he doesn't need the Internet to become aware of his behavior : opposing fans already took care of him...
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » di mei 06, 2008 3:06 pm

Any news about his injury? It didn't look good.. :offtopic.gif:

Michael_B

Bericht door Michael_B » di mei 06, 2008 3:44 pm

Bruised ankle. Unknown yet if he can play against Twente.
Face your fears and live your dreams, No Fear

Azeri
Contacteer:

Bericht door Azeri » do mei 29, 2008 7:23 am

He was very successful in Uruguay frendlies:
Scored twice against Turkey plus earned a penalty
And scored against Norway

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jun 04, 2008 4:15 pm

Great Suárez story on FIFA.com...

http://en.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid ... ck+success

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jul 06, 2008 10:37 am

There is a rumour on one of the dutch sites that Liverpool have offered
20m euros for him. Nothing in English press so wew ill have to see.

I would like to think that we will keep him for one more year before cashing in .

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo jul 06, 2008 11:25 am

I thought Rafael Benitez was strapped for transfer cash even with the Riise sale and possible/pending/done deal ,depending on the source, sale of Peter Crouch. Have Hicks and Gillette opened the wallet?

I can see it now. We get Benayoun plus $. They get Suarez. Not sure if I like it.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » zo jul 06, 2008 3:31 pm

Blind3 schreef:Not sure if I like it.
Me neither, never been a fan of Benayoun...
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jul 06, 2008 4:23 pm

This transfer rumour appeared on Ajaxtoday evidently but has not appeared on any English sites or in the papers. More reporters making things up.

I do not think Ajax would sell Suarez this summer if they lose KJH.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo jul 06, 2008 10:07 pm

It would be monumentally stupid to sell Suarez -- he's our best attacking player.

I don't see it happening, unless Marco has decided he can't get along with the guy.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di okt 21, 2008 12:18 pm

Suárez has revealed in an interview that he is the new penalty man for Ajax. He also said that Marco van Basten, KJH and Suárez talked about this, and that Huntelaar has no problems with it.

Good idea, I reckon. It was quite clear that Huntelaar can't take them anymore.

K.
Still alive...

dws

Bericht door dws » di okt 21, 2008 1:39 pm

Blind3 schreef:I thought Rafael Benitez was strapped for transfer cash even with the Riise sale and possible/pending/done deal ,depending on the source, sale of Peter Crouch. Have Hicks and Gillette opened the wallet?

I can see it now. We get Benayoun plus $. They get Suarez. Not sure if I like it.
£245 million in debt. :baaa.gif:

link: http://www.shareliverpoolfc.co.uk/

Fucking disgraceful!: :eusa_doh.gif:

dws

Bericht door dws » di okt 21, 2008 1:41 pm

dws schreef:
Blind3 schreef:I thought Rafael Benitez was strapped for transfer cash even with the Riise sale and possible/pending/done deal ,depending on the source, sale of Peter Crouch. Have Hicks and Gillette opened the wallet?

£245 million in debt. :baaa.gif:

link: http://www.shareliverpoolfc.co.uk/

Fucking disgraceful! :eusa_doh.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di okt 21, 2008 6:55 pm

Man U are about £700m in debt, Arsenal about £400m and Chelsea would go out of business overnight if the Russian walked out.

Arsenal's debt was to build a new ground and Manu like Liverpool was due to the fact that the American owners borrowed money to buy those clubs
and the debts are secured on the clubs. If the USA banks wanted the money I do not think it would take very long for either Liverpool or Man U to be purchased by arabs or other rich Russians.

I do not think clubs with large debts like these should be allowed in Europe.Would Real Madrid be allowed in as they usually have hugh debts. !!!!

Somehow UEFA has to do something about the so called big 4. Running up hugh debts but they still come over to Europe and steal kids for nothing.
(Arsenal recently stole 15 year old AZ kid Ozyakup but all 4 of them steal kids for nothing)

I may be english but I have nothing but contempt for the EPL and its money at all costs steal who you like from little clubs mentality.

You probably realise I only care for one football club on this planet and that is Ajax.

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » di okt 21, 2008 8:00 pm

Which probably is one of the healthiest clubs in Europe. On the financial side that is
I think I lost my fucking headache

dws

Bericht door dws » di okt 21, 2008 8:45 pm

SPL schreef:Man U are about £700m in debt, Arsenal about £400m and Chelsea would go out of business overnight if the Russian walked out.

Arsenal's debt was to build a new ground and Manu like Liverpool was due to the fact that the American owners borrowed money to buy those clubs
and the debts are secured on the clubs. If the USA banks wanted the money I do not think it would take very long for either Liverpool or Man U to be purchased by arabs or other rich Russians.

I do not think clubs with large debts like these should be allowed in Europe.Would Real Madrid be allowed in as they usually have hugh debts. !!!!

Yeah, I read about that in last weeks papers

Somehow UEFA has to do something about the so called big 4. Running up hugh debts but they still come over to Europe and steal kids for nothing.
(Arsenal recently stole 15 year old AZ kid Ozyakup but all 4 of them steal kids for nothing)

I may be english but I have nothing but contempt for the EPL and its money at all costs steal who you like from little clubs mentality.

You probably realise I only care for one football club on this planet and that is Ajax.
Yeah, I read about that in last week's papers: Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Manchester utd are liable for approximately two thirds of English football's £3 billion pound debt mountain.

And to think it wasn't too many years ago that the DFB revoked 1860 Munich's professional licence. It's time something like that happened UEFA wide.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo okt 22, 2008 1:55 am

Football is about haves and have nots. The big debt clubs have status and power and UEFA haven't the stones to push them. I could see a super league breaking away under a banner other than UEFA if UEFA try to instill financial sanity.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do okt 23, 2008 12:31 am

Just read a column that the Liverpool owners are going to use 1/2 of the surplus this year to pay down debt acquired from the purchase. The writer is bemoaning the fact that Benitez will have less money to buy players now. Maybe the financial reality is beginning to sink in. With the recession officially announced in England today I wonder if they EPL can continue to count on big money from sponsers coming in. The day of reckoning may be close at hand.

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » ma nov 10, 2008 6:10 pm

Didn't realize it until looking at the stats now, but over the weekend, Suarez became the Eredivisie leader in yellow cards with 6. :blush.gif:
AFCA

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di nov 11, 2008 8:27 am

gordonvandekamp schreef:Didn't realize it until looking at the stats now, but over the weekend, Suarez became the Eredivisie leader in yellow cards with 6. :blush.gif:
The problem now is that his diving is well known in the Eredivisie and all the refs are on the watch. MvB even gave him a bollocking in the prress conference on Sunday about it.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr jan 16, 2009 10:26 am

De Dominee schreef:
SPL schreef:Would like to think Suarez will stay to 2010 but if he continues with this season's form I see a big offer from Spain this summer.
Barcelona is reportedly interested. His girlfriend also lives in Barcelona by the way.
AS.com schreef:Hasta el momento, la buenas relaciones que mantiene el Barça con la institución holandesa facilitaría la operación, que se valoraría en una cifra cercana a los 12 millones.
Basically it means that the good relationship between the 2 clubs would facilitate a transfer for a fee around 12 millions euros. :drecul.gif: What a joke.

The full spanish article: http://www.as.com/futbol/articulo/futbo ... ftb_58/Tes
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 16, 2009 12:21 pm

I think Ajax would want at least 20m euros.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jan 19, 2009 2:00 am

According to free newspaper De Pers several clubs (including FC Barcelona and Valencia) are following Suárez closely. According to the author Ajax can expect a 'mega bid' for Suárez this month, and he also claims that Ajax are already trying to find a replacement.

The article is as vague as it sounds, so I don't really know what to think of it.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma jan 19, 2009 2:11 am

As much as I'm not fond of his diving, losing him would really put a crimp in Ajax's title drive. Hold firm and say no way.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma jan 19, 2009 9:59 am

I agree. We need him for the rest of the season. I do not agree with the diving, but he is an amazing talent and has kept us in games more than once this season. I also like how he really winds up the opposition.

He would be hard to replace.

Gesloten