Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » vr okt 05, 2007 12:19 pm

Is not true; Dutch clubs are currently nr 8 on the uefa club ranking. Which is about the same position as always
I think I lost my fucking headache

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » vr okt 05, 2007 12:20 pm

Well, it now appears HtC ISN"T leaving Ajax.

So where does that leave us?

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr okt 05, 2007 12:28 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:**

"As it has always been."

That was before Bosman

No, that's now. The UEFA ranking is based on the past five seasons and those five were all after Bosman.

And Holland are still 8th. Which they also were before Bosman.

Also: financially, the Dutch league is extraordinarily healthy, almost every club has a modern, high-quality facility, attendances are higher than ever (almost as high as the average in the Serie A last season!), we've had two semi-finalists in UEFA competition in the past few years (PSV and AZ). The national team are also in the top ten of the FIFA ranking for national teams.

Having said that: Ajax are shit, and lightyears away from where they want to be, but that's a different story.

K.
Still alive...

dws

Bericht door dws » vr okt 05, 2007 12:35 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:"This would wreck football in countries such as the Netherlands and Scotland."

Football in Nederland is already dead, we are just raking over the ashes.

"Blaming the Dutch competition for Ajax' problems is pretty bloody pathetic."

No it isn't, your hysterical response is pathetic.

As you well know, AZ and PSV recently featured in the Semi-final of European competition. Which league did they play out of? "

Incidents. Look at the long-term trends, the European competitiveness of Dutch clubs is going steadily down hill.

"As it has always been."

That was before Bosman

"You could say the same of the SPL but it didn't stop Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen from registering magnificent results during the week. "

No you can't. Satelite TV revenues for the SPL are siginificantly higher than those of the Eredivisie

:sleepy.gif:

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » vr okt 05, 2007 12:43 pm

The English Premier League will receive GBP 1.706 Billion pounds from Sky & Setanta for the rights to show EPL football from 2007 to 2010.

The turnover of the average EPL club has increased by more than 4000% since 1992-3.

Real Madrid’s turnover last year was in excess of 240 million euros.

You do the maths boys, the gap is growing wider and wider every day.

AFC Ajax Amsterdam are already an irrelevance in European terms, and domestically they play tired, irrelevant and boring games against increasingly incompetent and uncompetitive opponents; only one of which would likely survive in the English EPL, let alone Spain or Italy. Probably half the Eredivisie would struggle to survive in the English championship.

If this is your vision for a bright Ajax future, then you are welcome to it.

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » vr okt 05, 2007 12:56 pm

Ajax never could compete with financially big European club. There was never a moment in time that big stars would like to play in the Eredivisie. Nothing has changed really, only the amounts are bigger
I think I lost my fucking headache

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr okt 05, 2007 1:01 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: And Holland are still 8th. Which they also were before Bosman.
I thought there was a time they were above France, well, even #4 somewhere in the 90s ?. The sure thing is that not so long ago, the Netherlands had 2 places and a half in C1.
Kowalczyk schreef: attendances are higher than ever (almost as high as the average in the Serie A last season!),
This comparision is biased: some stadiums were closed for a few months in Italy following the incidents of Catania.
Now, I do also think the dutch football is not dead. The fact that there is only 2 teams left in Europe is rather worrying, but I don't think this a trend, except for Ajax.

Anyway, if the solution is to do a Beneliga or something like that, I say f*** off football.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » vr okt 05, 2007 4:43 pm

GangstaRiB schreef:
philippe schreef:
Jaakke never touched a ball-like object in his live.
Except his own! He should have been minding the store instead of playing with himself!

peter
Site Admin & Toto winner WC 2006, EC 2008

Bericht door peter » vr okt 05, 2007 7:13 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef: attendances are higher than ever (almost as high as the average in the Serie A last season!),
This comparision is biased: some stadiums were closed for a few months in Italy following the incidents of Catania.
This season will be different, while Napoli and Genoa are in the Serie A and those 'sleeping giants' attract alot of people of course.

To come back on the points mentioned earlier, I do believe that the HCE is just a bunch of decent clubs, but nothing special really. Isn't it a shame that clubs like Hammarby and Helsingborg are (far) too good for clubs like Heerenveen and Utrecht? I would say that Heerenveen attracts the wrong kind of Scandinavian players if you get hammered by 5 goals to 1. :drecul.gif:

Frans

Bericht door Frans » vr okt 05, 2007 7:32 pm

LucaS schreef:Is not true; Dutch clubs are currently nr 8 on the uefa club ranking. Which is about the same position as always
Last year Holland was #7. This year 8 (leapfrogged by Romania). Russia is currently in a purple patch and moving up the table (currently 9th). If Holland drops to 9th they will lose 2 UEFA cup spots. On the other hand, The two years that FC Porto won trophies are the next two to drop, so Portugal's ranking (6th) will likely suffer.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma okt 08, 2007 7:30 pm

We were talking about this earlier in the year. Will we get a new sponsor or will be be sponsored by the Royal Bank of Scotland next year....?

(from bbc website)

"RBS secures takeover of ABN Amro

A consortium led by the Royal Bank of Scotland has won the battle to buy the Dutch bank ABN Amro.
About 86% of ABN Amro's shareholders have accepted a 71bn euro($98.5bn; £49bn) offer to clinch Europe's biggest ever banking takeover.

The RBS consortium, which also includes Dutch bank Fortis and Spain's Santander, is now expected to break up the Dutch lender.

Last week Barclays withdrew from the biding war for the bank.

The value of Barclays' offer fell with its share price this summer amid widespread turmoil in the banking sector, leaving it at a 10bn euro disadvantage to the RBS's mostly cash offer.

For Royal Bank of Scotland it looks more of a challenge, especially as it is acquiring the business most affected by the recent market turbulence

ABN is now widely expected to be carved up between the members of the RBS consortium.

The break-up of ABN will involve 4,500 branches across 53 countries and unravelling businesses ranging from cash management operations in Asia to retail banking in Brazil.

RBS is expected to take its wholesale and investment banking business and its Asian operations while Santander will get ABN's Italian and Brazilian units, and Fortis its Dutch business and wealth and asset management operations.

"For Royal Bank of Scotland it looks more of a challenge, especially as it is acquiring the business most affected by the recent market turbulence," said Bear Stearns analyst Christopher Wheeler.

Barclays' failure to pull off the deal will inevitably raise question marks about its future strategy.

However, many large Barclays shareholders were pleased that chief executive John Varley decided against increasing his offer for ABN.

ABN's management initially threw its weight behind the Barclays bid, but later withdrew its support, calling for a "level-playing field" between both bidders.

The bid battle has dragged on for most of the year after a legal row over the fate of LaSalle, ABN's US subsidiary.

ABN's decision to sell LaSalle to Bank of America was challenged by a Dutch shareholders' group, but the sell-off was upheld by a Dutch court."
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr okt 12, 2007 3:12 pm

Whats this about someone succeeding Jaakke on ajax.netwerk.to

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di okt 16, 2007 4:42 pm

A special meeting of the club's Members Council is on the agenda for this evening. Rumor has it that they will force chairman John Jaakke to resign - and that this might have consequences for general director Maarten Fontein as well.

Time will tell.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di okt 16, 2007 4:58 pm

good news never come too late
:xyxthumbs.gif: :wink.gif: :icon_frown.gif: :icon_mrgreen.gif: :1evil.gif: :666.gif:
:afca.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » di okt 16, 2007 5:59 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:A special meeting of the club's Members Council is on the agenda for this evening. Rumor has it that they will force chairman John Jaakke to resign - and that this might have consequences for general director Maarten Fontein as well.

Time will tell.

K.

Very interesting. Hopefully something (good) comes out of this today. It seems to me that it's time for a change in management and at least the board seems to be starting to agree with that. As you said, time will tell, and I think we all just hope things don't get worse.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo okt 17, 2007 8:26 am

so ?
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo okt 17, 2007 9:50 am

The outcome: John Jaakke can stay as chairman of Ajax.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo okt 17, 2007 1:14 pm

hopeless
Appie, stay strong !

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » do okt 18, 2007 8:17 am

Are you the organiser Philippe http://www.ajaxfotoside.nl/
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do okt 18, 2007 8:47 am

Kowalczyk schreef:The outcome: John Jaakke can stay as chairman of Ajax.

K.
And ... get this ... they're going to set up a commission to study every element of the technical/footballing structure at Ajax. It's an analysis that will look at all the changes and results over the last 10 years.

They will not, however, look at the administative side of the club......

:drecul.gif: :biggrin.gif: :drecul.gif: :biggrin.gif: :drecul.gif: :biggrin.gif: :drecul.gif: :biggrin.gif: :drecul.gif: :biggrin.gif: :confused.gif: :drecul.gif: :biggrin.gif: :drecul.gif: :biggrin.gif: :drecul.gif: :drecul.gif:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do okt 18, 2007 9:09 am

They will, actually.

K.
Still alive...

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » do okt 18, 2007 9:16 am

Kowalczyk schreef:They will, actually.

K.
OK I stand corrected, that's not what I understood from the news last night ... good news then 'cause I think the issues lie deeper.

Let's hope the "really" analyse...
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Site Admin
Contacteer:

Bericht door 666 » do okt 18, 2007 10:57 am

Who will, actually?

A committee of top shots from foreign clubs with a smooth-running management? That would be great, but I'm afraid they'll build a committee from people who've been part of the club and are therefore part of the problem themselves.
Sign your name on
the dotted line:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do okt 18, 2007 1:26 pm

666 schreef:
Who will, actually?

A committee of top shots from foreign clubs with a smooth-running management? That would be great, but I'm afraid they'll build a committee from people who've been part of the club and are therefore part of the problem themselves.
Fair chance, indeed... The previous committee that investigated the Ajax club structure had Leo van Wijk as its chairman...

The keyword is independence. Will this committee be 100% independent?

We can discuss it as soon as the names get confirmed...

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr okt 19, 2007 8:43 am

I've never heard of an efficient committee solving a problem anywhere. It generally is just a way for the people in charge to gain time for themselves.
Appie, stay strong !

Plaats reactie