Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di apr 22, 2008 8:56 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Martin van Geel has left the building!

He feels there can't be "two captains on the ship", etc. He has resigned. Everybody happy.

K.
It's a shame that he couldn't leave before he sold Huntelaar. He may suck at buying, but he's great at selling. Of course, if we extend KJH's contract a year so that we can sell him for full value next summer, that wouldn't be a bad thing at all.

Who's going to replace him?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo apr 23, 2008 9:37 am

Kowalczyk said:

Martin van Geel has left the building!

He feels there can't be "two captains on the ship", etc. He has resigned. Everybody happy.

Does this mean that AZ dont have a grudge against us, and that we can raid their team by sigining the likes of De Zeeuw?

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo apr 23, 2008 2:57 pm

i ACTUALLY THINK vAN gEEL WAS A GOOD BUYER GIVEN THE SITUATIONS HE WAS PUT IN...THINGS JUST DIDI NOT WORK OUT WELL IN THE END...AND YES HE WAS A HARD SELLER SOMETHING WE LACKED IN THE OFFICE...WE GOT SOME GOOD BUCKS FOR OUR PLAYERS...WHO CAN REPLACE HIM ???
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Jeroen126

Bericht door Jeroen126 » wo apr 23, 2008 2:59 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:i ACTUALLY THINK vAN gEEL WAS A GOOD BUYER GIVEN THE SITUATIONS HE WAS PUT IN...THINGS JUST DIDI NOT WORK OUT WELL IN THE END...AND YES HE WAS A HARD SELLER SOMETHING WE LACKED IN THE OFFICE...WE GOT SOME GOOD BUCKS FOR OUR PLAYERS...WHO CAN REPLACE HIM ???
Good buyer? Where have you been for the past 10 months?

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » wo apr 23, 2008 3:35 pm

Suarez: excellent
Delorge: I don't think his injury is Van Geel's fault
Kennedy: failure, but was a good buy
Heijblok: fine
Rommedahl: good sub
Urzaiz: failure, Ten Cate's choice, was probably not needed
Colin: still a mystery, but I'm not sure Van Geel was happy with him
Albert Luque: biggest failure, not needed, too expensive. But did he got a real chance ?

Kenneth Perez: thank you Henk!
Bruno Silva: OK
Rasmus Lindgren: OK
Samuel Kuffour: ?

My conclusion when it comes to buying: I wouldn't say he's utter crap like I've read many times, but that was not brilliant either, and moreover, he really lacked imagination (Hello Mr. Nijland, this is me again...) His association with Henk ten Cate didn't really work either. He also lacked anticipation (Sneijder, Stam).

But he surely knew how to deal with contracts and how to sell players...
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » di mei 06, 2008 4:21 pm

Danny Blind comes backs as manager of technical affairs, or something like that... I hope this role fits him better than coach.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » di mei 06, 2008 6:55 pm

He failed quite fantastically in his last two non-playing roles at Ajax.

So you'd think they wouldn't appoint him for a third time.

But no... we just keep coming back for more.

I mean, what the fuck...

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » di mei 06, 2008 9:20 pm

bryan schreef:He failed quite fantastically in his last two non-playing roles at Ajax.

I mean, what the fuck...

Yeah, it's interesting. I don't think he'll be as good as Van Geel in maximizing transfer sums, but he'll probably be able to placate the rest of those in charge, at least for a while.

Here's an article:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 85&cc=5901

Van Basten's quotes are interesting. It almost sounds like Blind is here to manage things until Van Basten is done with the Euros. I don't see Blind being here, in that role, a year from now.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo mei 07, 2008 2:11 pm

bryan schreef:He failed quite fantastically in his last two non-playing roles at Ajax.

I mean, what the fuck...
Wasn't there a part in the Coronel report about Ajax being too reliant on untried former Ajax-players? :drecul.gif:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jul 17, 2008 3:11 pm

A separate thread for Former Ajax Directors would be a bit silly, so I'm posting it here: after (former Ajax CEO) Maarten Fontein committed to AZ earlier this summer, (former technical director) Martin van Geel has now penned a contract at Roda JC. As technical director, that is.

Maybe he can land a few of our fringe players... Luque? :drecul.gif:

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Re: Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jul 26, 2010 2:32 pm

I have to give the Ajax board of directors (Rik van den Boog, especially) some credit for the way they handled the 'Jol crisis' and the El Hamdaoui case. There was a lot of shit in the media (especially about Jol) and the fans were already freaking out over his departure, but the management kept their cool and did the job: Jol is still here and we've got El Hamdaoui. I didn't expect that a week ago. Fair play to the club for that. Things actually look quite good now.

K.
Still alive...

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » ma jul 26, 2010 2:36 pm

I am happy. Also because you, Ko, won't take the sabbatic year you were considering to! :ajaxscarf.gif:
O tempora o mores

Think14
Contacteer:

Bericht door Think14 » ma jul 26, 2010 3:25 pm

Indeed, the board have done extremely well the past week or so. Kept everything in check. Signing El Hamdaoui must have had a lot to do with Martin Jol's demands for increase spending though, finally chucked up enough money to satisfy his salary demands, but a fantastic signing, and far above the threatened Mpenza deal....thank god.

www.think14.squarespace.com

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » di okt 19, 2010 12:09 pm

A video interview of Rik van den Boog, in English with French subtitles : Goal.com

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di okt 19, 2010 1:05 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:A video interview of Rik van den Boog, in English with French subtitles : Goal.com
Thanks for this link! I thought it was a solid interview and he acknowledges the difficulty of running a club such as Ajax given the current financial imbalance between the Erdivisie and other larger Euro leagues. Interesting that near the end he rejected the formation of a joint league with the top Belgian clubs.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » di okt 19, 2010 3:12 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:A video interview of Rik van den Boog, in English with French subtitles : Goal.com
Agree, good interview. He's a pretty sharp cookie, obviously.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the current status of the 6+5 proposal, or any of the other plans to level the financial playing field? Is there a realistic possibility of this happening in my lifetime? (I'm 51, by the way... :blush.gif: )
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » zo apr 17, 2011 8:41 pm

Maybe I should have posted this on the JC topic :biggrin.gif: but Rik van den Boog is gone. resigned today. he will formally remain in charge 'til 1st of june.
call me mad, but the guy has not worked so bad. he started a positive process, a process you don't know if will take months or ages. financially we recovered from the problems we had. we gained again the CL football. we started fielding our youths, no matter what. we got rid of almost all the bad signings of van geel and van basten.
okay, we haven't reached the 3rd star. not yet, maybe. :ajaxscarf.gif:
good luck rik, maybe your time had to come. who now as general director?
O tempora o mores

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » zo apr 17, 2011 8:53 pm

A puppet.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » zo apr 17, 2011 11:16 pm

yeah. I think I know what u mean. :smallgrin.gif:
O tempora o mores

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » ma apr 18, 2011 12:50 am

After reading what has happened at P$V, I'm glad RVdB didn't get us into a mess as bad as that.
We need a strong gen director but whom?

I think JC coming back is a good thing but perhaps his totalitarian approach isn't ideal.
Just focus on the playing group/de toekomst setup and leave the financial decisions to others. If JC says don't sell, the GD has to accept and find other ways of raising the funds.
AJACIED

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » zo mei 15, 2011 3:49 pm

Just want to say this before drinkin' the glass of THE CHAMPIONS!
In a year we' ve reached some goals:
1-returning champions
2- returning to the CL football
3- developing our youths (9 starters!)
4- take care of our financial situation (technical results and some sales have helped a lot)
what I'm trying to say is that this board has not been so awful....we are on the right path... maybe we don't need a revolution, but to complete the development. love ya all AJAX BROTHERS!! :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
O tempora o mores

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mei 15, 2011 4:04 pm

...and it was good to see Coronel and van den Boog tear up during the celebrations that followed the match. They congratulated each player and the coaching staff. I think a large part of the success and financial stability of the past 2 1/2 years is a result of their hard work. Both are leaving the club and it is time for Cruyff to put up or forever hold his piece about Ajax.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo mei 15, 2011 6:47 pm

Orange14 schreef:...and it was good to see Coronel and van den Boog tear up during the celebrations that followed the match. They congratulated each player and the coaching staff. I think a large part of the success and financial stability of the past 2 1/2 years is a result of their hard work. Both are leaving the club and it is time for Cruyff to put up or forever hold his piece about Ajax.
This.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo mei 15, 2011 7:00 pm

aveslacker schreef:
Orange14 schreef:...and it was good to see Coronel and van den Boog tear up during the celebrations that followed the match. They congratulated each player and the coaching staff. I think a large part of the success and financial stability of the past 2 1/2 years is a result of their hard work. Both are leaving the club and it is time for Cruyff to put up or forever hold his piece about Ajax.
This.
Actually I think I meant "peace," but anyway I am supportive of Cruyff's intent and if he follows through the club will be all the better for it.

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » wo mei 18, 2011 8:07 pm

Orange14 schreef:
aveslacker schreef:
This.
Actually I think I meant "peace," but anyway I am supportive of Cruyff's intent and if he follows through the club will be all the better for it.
This, again.
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

Plaats reactie