Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Amol

Re: Ajax Directors, Board, Staff

Bericht door Amol » vr mei 20, 2011 8:42 pm

VI is running a story saying that Hiddink is going to work on the supervisory board alongwith Cruijff. That will be tremendous if true. :excited.gif:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di mei 24, 2011 10:05 am

Jaap Stam could return to Ajax to become trainer of the defenders.
Appie, stay strong !

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di mei 24, 2011 10:16 am

Amol schreef:VI is running a story saying that Hiddink is going to work on the supervisory board alongwith Cruijff. That will be tremendous if true. :excited.gif:
Talk in the UK is that he's going to Chelsea (especially if Turkey screw up against Belgium in the Euro qualifiers).
He doesn't want a full time manager gig, but could come with Marco vB taking care of day-to-day activities (?!?!).

Unfortunately Chelsea will be easier to swallow for Guus' friends in Eindhoven than going to Ajax (plus I'm sure they'll pay better).....
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di mei 24, 2011 3:01 pm

Manneken Pis schreef:
Amol schreef:VI is running a story saying that Hiddink is going to work on the supervisory board alongwith Cruijff. That will be tremendous if true. :excited.gif:
Talk in the UK is that he's going to Chelsea (especially if Turkey screw up against Belgium in the Euro qualifiers).
He doesn't want a full time manager gig, but could come with Marco vB taking care of day-to-day activities (?!?!).

Unfortunately Chelsea will be easier to swallow for Guus' friends in Eindhoven than going to Ajax (plus I'm sure they'll pay better).....
It's amazing how the British press get out in front of themselves. Remember when they had Jol going to Spurs last summer? :drecul.gif:

Shame they were wrong about that, actually.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » di mei 24, 2011 3:15 pm

aveslacker schreef:
Manneken Pis schreef:

It's amazing how the British press get out in front of themselves. Remember when they had Jol going to Spurs last summer? :drecul.gif:

Shame they were wrong about that, actually.
Well it's certainly true that they believe the Premiership is the centre of the universe...
Jol was approached by Fulham last year, but I think that's different when the interest comes from a club like Chelsea.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di mei 24, 2011 4:32 pm

Silly season has begun in earnest . Wake me when the white smoke rises, dust clears. carousel stops spinning, insert cliche here . Saw the Jaap Stam as defender's coach item on Ajax Netwerk. Now, in the event Jan leaves, let us sign a Jaap Stam defender for Jaap Stam to coach.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » do jun 02, 2011 10:12 am

Yesterday's proposal for the new Supervisory Board:

mr. dr. Marjan Olfers (Haarlem, 8 april 1969)
First female ever in our Board.... Specialized in Sport & Law and Social Law/Work & Law

Paul Römer (Amsterdam, 13 december 1962)
Media Tycoon.

Prof. dr. mr. Steven ten Have MSc (De Meern, 30 augustus 1967)
Professor at VU University (Strategy & Innovation), Chairman of the 'Foundation center for Evidence Based Management', Chairman of the Supervisory Board of CITO BV(2007), Member of the Supervisory Board of ABN-AMRO (2009).

Edgar Davids (Paramaribo, 13 maart 1973)

Well known around here... Heavyweight in the street football scene (founder of the Dutch Street Football Bond, 2008). Currently finishing his study MBA at Oxford University.

Johan Cruijff (Amsterdam, 25 april 1947)

Rooie

Bericht door Rooie » do jun 02, 2011 5:01 pm

Tscheu La Ling and Marc Overmars tipped as favorites for the vacant position left by Van de Boog (CEO).

Nice group; Frank de Boer (head coach), Johan Cruijff & Edgar Davids (Supervisory board), Dennis Bergkamp (Youth Academy), Wim Jonk (Scouting), Tscheu la Ling / Marc Overmars (Director of Football?), Jaap Stam (Individual coach?), Ronald de Boer (Youth coach?). Kluivert wants to jump on the band wagon as well and we might even see Van der Sar turn up in the near future.
Laatst gewijzigd door Rooie op do jun 02, 2011 11:25 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do jun 02, 2011 6:53 pm

Excuse a re-post of my Big Soccer post, but I feel the same several hours later .

First impression is one of youth , relatively speaking, is being served . Second , good amount of both football and business experience. Third, definite links to Ajax in general and Ajax glory in particular.

As far as Cruijff being young, Hendrik Johannes God Cruijff is eternal . :headbang.gif:

:biggthumpup.gif:
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr jun 03, 2011 7:29 am

I hope it works. I worry that people are being put in positions because of their Ajax affiliation and not because their actual qualifications.

But if it works, well, there will be no doubting that it's Cruijff's world and we just live in it.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jun 06, 2011 11:59 am

I have read areport today that Cruyff says the new board will be appointed tonight but cannot take any decisions for 5weeks. This means no contracts can even be given to youths!!! I take this to mean we cannot sign any more players in this time??

Can Ko or one of you Dutch guys confirm us what is going on regards the possibility of not being able to give contracts for another 5weeks?

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma jun 06, 2011 1:33 pm

SPL schreef:I have read areport today that Cruyff says the new board will be appointed tonight but cannot take any decisions for 5weeks. This means no contracts can even be given to youths!!! I take this to mean we cannot sign any more players in this time??

Can Ko or one of you Dutch guys confirm us what is going on regards the possibility of not being able to give contracts for another 5weeks?
I don't know. It seems strange that we can't do business while searching for a new board. So, I don't really believe it. Also Cruijff is becoming a bit impatient because he wants to see action. He is saying stuff like above, to stir it up. He forgets that he is the one that started all this. He choose to attack the board and saying that Ajax was going down the drain. The board is now gone and Cruijff still has no clue who the new persons will be. Again, nicely arranged by 'JC' (NOT).

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jun 06, 2011 1:41 pm

Thanks ,I quess we will just have to wait and see. I find it hard we may have to wait for 5 weeks in order to get new contracts signed. Mind Ajax did do a lot of contract signing last week before V Boog left . On goal.com today Siem de Jong's agent said they are nearly there on a contract renewal but now have to wait for a new board.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jun 15, 2011 5:09 pm

Jan Olde Riekerink (director of De Toekomst/head of youth academy) has left the building...

He resigned, but would have been kicked out by the Cruyffians anyway. I feel sorry for him and I thank him for everything he has done for the club.

K.
Still alive...

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » wo jun 15, 2011 10:16 pm

me 2
O tempora o mores

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » di jun 28, 2011 8:37 am

Any news on who will be part of the new board? I read that Tscheu la Ling could be the general director after van den Boog, but previously he has to leave his job at slowak club Trencin due to Uefa rules.

Do we have a new chairman in Steven ten Have? or he is only chairman of RVC?
Jonk could be the new chief of youth development?
Blind the new manager for technical stuff?
Overmars and Stam are quoted to be interested in an Ajax job, but not as directors?
Bergkamp will be the new assistant of De Boer, together with Hennie Spijkerman?
Is still alive that idea of JC called the "technical heart" of the club formed by De Boer, Jonk and Bergkamp? And, in that case, Blind will count less than nothing?

Sorry for the many question marks, but it seems to me that this revolution has been a little chaotic. To say the least.
O tempora o mores

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » di jun 28, 2011 6:44 pm

orange goblin schreef: Do we have a new chairman in Steven ten Have? or he is only chairman of RVC?
The latter. Or at least that's the plan.
orange goblin schreef: Jonk could be the new chief of youth development?
Right. Or at least that's the plan (2). :blush.gif:
orange goblin schreef: Blind the new manager for technical stuff?
Right. But that's not really clear yet.
orange goblin schreef: Overmars and Stam are quoted to be interested in an Ajax job, but not as directors?
It seems Stam will work with Ajax or a youth team once per week. As for Overmars I don't know. But I'm afraid that's not really clear, again. :smallgrin.gif:
orange goblin schreef: Bergkamp will be the new assistant of De Boer, together with Hennie Spijkerman?
True.
orange goblin schreef: Is still alive that idea of JC called the "technical heart" of the club formed by De Boer, Jonk and Bergkamp? And, in that case, Blind will count less than nothing?
Blind count for less than nothing for Cruijff. :hypocrite.gif:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di jun 28, 2011 8:02 pm

Will somebody please wake me when the Tragical Misery tour (As the Board Turns ?) comes to a halt and we actually know how the pieces fit ? FFS (!!!!) , is anyone as bored with our Board goings on as me ?
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » di jun 28, 2011 11:22 pm

thanks cedric for answering me! let's see!
O tempora o mores

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » di jul 05, 2011 1:47 pm

I just watched the first interview with our new #9 Sigthorsson and the "Ajax management" welcoming him included Danny Blind?

I thought JC had it out for him?
I'd really prefer it if DB stayed but what's going on now?
AJACIED

Amol

Cruyff threatens to resign

Bericht door Amol » di jul 05, 2011 9:51 pm

According to Ajax Netwerk, Cruyff is already threatening to resign

His main recommendation - the appointment of Tscheu La Ling as general manager, is not being taken seriously within the club. Even most other members of the supervisory board do not agree with the appointment of the former Ajax player.

After several conversations with La Ling, he is portrayed as "too light and not reliable."

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » di jul 05, 2011 10:14 pm

:drecul.gif:

(If the whole story is true, of course...)
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di jul 05, 2011 10:20 pm

I think - actually I'm sure, that this IS his last chance. If he runs out this soon, everyone who likes/supports Ajax is going to be completely disgusted with him and his tantrums.

I'm in a 'wait and watch' mode right now. Just waiting to see how this story pans out. If history has taught us anything, we'll know the whole story in the next 1-2 days.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » di jul 05, 2011 10:42 pm

believe me, I am worried we'll regret to have lost vd boog this way
O tempora o mores

Philippe
Contacteer:

Re: Cruyff threatens to resign

Bericht door Philippe » wo jul 06, 2011 8:32 am

Amol schreef: After several conversations with La Ling, he is portrayed as "too light and not reliable."
Who says so ?
Appie, stay strong !

Plaats reactie