Ajax friendlies

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: Ajax friendlies

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 10, 2015 9:10 pm

Finished 2-0 to us .Were you watching Dave? Nice that Milik and El Ghazi got goals

Dave the mac

Bericht door Dave the mac » vr jul 10, 2015 9:25 pm

SPL - yep rojadirecta had a couple feeds. Was thinking El Ghazi should be the striker Ajax is looking for.
I know you don't rate Dijks that high but I thought he played quite well, and certainly vd Hoorn should be preferred to Heitinga....just pre-season, I know, but I liked what I saw today.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 10, 2015 9:38 pm

Thanks Dave .Sadly rojadirect amongst others has been blocked in this country by order of the High Court . Clearly the rest of the world can still see them.

El Ghazi and indeed Fischer could still play as effective strikers.Glad Djks impressed.He clearly has benefited from a year at Willem.

Dave the mac

Bericht door Dave the mac » vr jul 17, 2015 6:07 pm

Ajax in the Arena vs Wolfsburg just underway.
Not to busy at work, hope it stays that way....

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr jul 17, 2015 6:51 pm

0-0 at the half and both teams had some decent chances. Veltman shot right at the keeper in the 44th minute after a couple of caroms in the box. Really good to play a top rank team like Wolfsberg. I imagine that this might be the starting 11 for FDB.

Starters: Cillessen, Dijks, Riedewald, Veltman, Tete, Bazoer, Sinkgraven, Klaassen, Fischer, Milik, el Ghazi

el Ghazi looks quicker this year. I don't think Milik had more than one touch. Fischer also had a decent chance but shot it at the keeper as well.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Dave the mac

Bericht door Dave the mac » vr jul 17, 2015 6:52 pm

Entertaining 1st half ends at 0-0. Great chance for Ajax just before HT after some nice work from Klaassen.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr jul 17, 2015 7:26 pm

wow, what a nice goal by Klaassen from Menig from Dijks!!! :ajaxscarf.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 17, 2015 7:35 pm

The main streams are all closed here in uk.Will have to find one for the CL qualifiers.

Earlier we drew 1-1 with Wolfsburg U23's with Muric scoring our goal.Sanogo ,who officially joined today played45 mins. VRhijn ,v dHoorn,Viegever, Andersen ,Gudelj were the other 1st teamers who played in this game.

Dave the mac

Bericht door Dave the mac » vr jul 17, 2015 7:42 pm

That sucks SPL about the streams.
Wolfsburg replied right after Ajax scored 1-1 now.
Heitinga came on to a huge roar from the crowd.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr jul 17, 2015 7:54 pm

1-1 was a fair result with both teams having chances. Ajax almost got the winner in extra time with some nice passing but Menig shot hard but an easy save by the keeper. Ajax were decent but too many soft passes yet again. Couldn't tell whether it was Bazoer or Menig who made a disastrous back pass right to de Bruyne who was in on goal. Tete looked very good at right back and Younes got five minutes of play near the end at left wing.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 17, 2015 8:26 pm

A good workout by the sound of it against a good class team.

Dave the mac

Bericht door Dave the mac » za jul 18, 2015 2:16 am

Indeed, Wolfsburg has deep pockets and some big-time players. Much more resources than our beautiful club.
However it was a very even match and fun to watch. I think there's lot's of optimism for the upcoming season.

Menig came on in the 2nd half and had a intimidate impact, beating his opponent and delivering a great cross that Klaassen headed in for the 1-0. Then right away his back pass that led to the 1-1. Felt bad for him.
Yeah Tete played great, Van Rhijn will only play if he get's injured.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za jul 18, 2015 7:31 pm

So Tete is doing better than Van Rhijn. That's nice. What about Damian Van Bruggen, he is another talent that can play right back. Perhaps he could move up above Van Rhin in the pecking order?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 18, 2015 7:53 pm

v Bruggen plays CD but is currently injured,think he had an operation end of season,(don't think it was a long term innjury.) Owusu is the lad in Jong Ajax who is rated as a right back and could in another year overtake V Rhijn.Lartey Sanniez has mainly played RB but played this month as a CD for Dutch u 19 and looked good there.

One mega problem with Tete ,his agent is Raiola and he took a long time to renew his contract and only then to 2018. One good season and Raiola will want him going to Italy. Thank goodness Kishna and Tete are the only first teamers with Raiola.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jul 22, 2015 8:39 pm

I only watched the last 10 minutes and saw Ajax concede a bad goal when nobody closed down the shooter and they lost to St. Etienne 1-0. I think this is the last competition until the CL qualifying round begins next week.

Dave the mac

Bericht door Dave the mac » do jul 23, 2015 12:37 am

True the St. Etienne player was free but a long ways out, it was a great goal.
I was able to watch a bit of it. Sinkgraven and Tete played very well. The new guys played, Younes started and Sanago came on in the 2nd half - he may be a useful player.

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » do jul 23, 2015 7:54 am

Sinkgraven has looked decent, he looks like he could be the shining star for us this year (as probably expected)

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » do jul 23, 2015 9:08 am

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:

Managed to watch the whole game, good feeds.....Sinkgraven, Tete and Riedewald had good games, but the most impressive was Veltman, always cool at the back....and adventurous looking forwards!! Just wish that more of the team looked towards the opponents goal rather than their own!! Still seems to be the idea "I'm not going to take the risk, you do it!". It's about time that some of these players took more risks....look at the St E goal.....shot from nowhere, a risk...and a great goal!!!

:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » do jul 23, 2015 3:18 pm

Dave the mac schreef:Sanago came on in the 2nd half - he may be a useful player.
I actually expect a lot from him. He has lots of potential, and not every Arsenal fan was happy, that Wenger loaned out him this summer.

saddlerian

Bericht door saddlerian » do jul 23, 2015 3:38 pm

:ajax.gif: :ajax.gif: :ajax.gif:
True, many Arsenal fans thought he was "the one", but don't think he's performed anywhere near Milk's form....rather have Milik, Fischer and El Ghazi up front, especially as Milk, now with the world watching, is becoming more active, whereas Sanago didn't produce that sort of thing at Arsenal, his performances getting worse as he seemed to try harder!!!
:ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif: :ajaxscarf.gif:
34 will always be with us

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jul 24, 2015 5:18 pm

Was going to find a stream for this game but my son finished a 5 year relationship with his girlfriend so even Ajax took a back seat.

One point it seems our starting lineup for this game will be our lineup for the start of the season.4 teenagers and Veltman at 23 the oldest outfielder not sure of our prospects in the CL qualifiers. At least my Man U mate is certain that Cillessen will be with us as de Gea wont leave until until next summer ,fingers crossed.

Our Jong beat Cuijk,non league team with El Azzouzi scoring a hattrick and Meleg and Muric 1 each.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di aug 11, 2015 2:07 pm

A friendly yesterday at deToekomst behind closed doors v Umm Salal of Qatar,for our first team subs plus reserves.

We won 6-1 having been 6-0 up at HT but they played their 2 nd team for the first half but first team for the 2nd half.

Sanogo scored 3,Schone 2, and Andersen 1.These 3 played for over half a game with Boer,V Rhijn Heitinga,vd Hoorn and Viegever the whole game. ,The other starters El Mahdioui,Bakker and Nouri,all midfielders with other Jong Ajax Warmerdam,Hendriks,Meleg and vd Beek used as subs.No proper wingers used.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do aug 13, 2015 2:22 pm

Jong Ajax drew 1-1 with Saudi Arabia team Al Shabab yesterday Cerny scored a late goal.I note apart from 3 or 4 long term injured the only Jong/reserve who did not feature in either of this weeks 2 friendlies was Duarte and I dont think he is injured.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do nov 12, 2015 7:37 pm

Played Almere City in a friendly today at deToekomst 1-1 and Sanogo scored our goal .

Line up shows 8 from our 1st team squad

Onana

VRhijn v d Hoorn Viergever,Dijks(Acolatse 62)

Heitinga,Clement, Schone

Cerny(Muric 46) ,Sanogo(Hendriks46),Younes

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » vr nov 13, 2015 8:46 pm

Who the hell is Clement? And what is going on with Muric? He came as a great talent and I can't see him ready to break into the 1st team
May the Force be with you

Plaats reactie