Players Leaving Ajax

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: Players Leaving Ajax

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 09, 2019 6:17 pm

Ajax are selling Max Wober to Sevilla for 14m.Not sure about him making it with us as he is back up to Blind and there is talk of Vertoghen coming.Has played at LB but poor in that position. Magallan in now cover or both CD position so assume he can use his left foot.

We will now need to get another CD when de Ligt goes as we have Magallan Blind with Jong players Schuurs and Botman ,neither are ready.Thought Wober may play at CD more next season with Blind moving to DM .

14m is fair enough but a good Spanish club want him so 20 m should be asked.

Ps Just remembered Veltman is fit and is a CD but we need a CD who is left footed who can cover .

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » wo jan 09, 2019 10:57 pm

Veltman has played at the central left side of the defence and has been effective, even though he is right footed. But wouldn't it be so cool, if Jan Vertonghen returned to Ajax in place of Wober? He is versatile. I'd also add that if Neres does leave for China, I would like to see Babel retuning! So two experienced players returning to Ajax, yes I know they are past masters but young players would benefit from them

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jan 09, 2019 11:49 pm

Ayman schreef:I would like to see Babel retuning!
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! He has the worst touch of any player not named Davy Klaassen. I would rather see Ajax sign the Mexican winger.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do jan 10, 2019 1:19 am

Yeah Babel's touch is still terrible. I saw glimpses of that during the games he played for the Dutch National team in the past few months. The ball just bounces off of him.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jan 10, 2019 12:31 pm

Looks like Neres is leaving for 43m ,which is a hugh amount considering he did not play regularly this season.Lainez is coming and it seems by buying Lainez we will sell Neres.

No thanks to Babel.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do jan 10, 2019 2:48 pm

SPL schreef:Looks like Neres is leaving for 43m ,which is a hugh amount considering he did not play regularly this season.Lainez is coming and it seems by buying Lainez we will sell Neres.

No thanks to Babel.
Have to really give credit to Overmars!! I remember a couple of years ago we were all calling on the club to sack him for not knowing what to do. He's maximizing player value and bringing in some top talents. Neres is a fine player and I always wrote about how unselfish he is when he's faced with a double team; he always passed to an open player rather than lose the ball. Good luck to him on his adventures.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jan 10, 2019 5:56 pm

Not yet certain as Betis want Lainez and I suspect he will choose them. We have dithered for over 2 weeks over his price and like Richarlison a club from a bigger league has come along.

Unless Lainez comes Neres wont leave this month.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » do jan 10, 2019 7:16 pm

i also think he'll choose betis over ajax. guardado is at betis so i'm sure that will play into it. unless we offer club america more money or pay lainez a bigger salary. still think we should hold onto neres until summer. we'll get 40 million for him from a non-chinese club anyway.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do jan 10, 2019 7:40 pm

Betis are currently sixth in La Liga. I doubt they will finish in the top four unless Madrid just totally blow up. They might play in the Europa League next season but right now only give points separate them from 15th place in the table. The language issue will be key as Ajax have only two native Spanish speakers on the roster. Of course with Ajax, a Champions League title is still a possibility!!! :ajaxscarf.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jan 10, 2019 8:29 pm

Sounds like we have lost out on Lainez. We should have offered the full 15m over a week ago.Richarlison again dither and lost out.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 11, 2019 12:41 pm

So Lainez went to Betis for 17m . We probably should have offered 15m a week ago and Overmars and v d Sar should have taken themselves to Mexico and made sure he was signed in time for Florida camp.

So what happens with Neres, he will not want to stay as the offer from China is hugh,but we cannot afford to let him go as we have no replacement or back up.

Meanwhile Wober has left Florida and is joining Sevilla.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr jan 11, 2019 1:53 pm

As SPL notes, Lainez might have been signed with a little more early effort. However, I don't think the club anticipated a late bid coming in. In retrospect, young players coming from Mexico are always likely to move to a Spanish team because of language issues. It's always been surprising to me how well PSV do in getting such players (though Guardado was already over in Europe and had just a so-so career prior to coming to PSV). We will see how Lainez does in La Liga and whether Ajax lost out on a good player.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 11, 2019 9:16 pm

Ajax confirm agreement over Wober to Sevilla but for 10.5m rising to just 11m .We paid 7.5 m with 10% resale so we make 2m on a player who is a back up.

Hope we have not made a mistake in selling him and buying Magallan ,decribed by some on the Dutch site as another Mike v d Hoorn.

I would hope when we get 75m for de Ligt we buy a quality replacement even if we spend 20 or 30 m

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » vr jan 11, 2019 9:55 pm

SPL schreef:Ajax confirm agreement over Wober to Sevilla but for 10.5m rising to just 11m .We paid 7.5 m with 10% resale so we make 2m on a player who is a back up.

Hope we have not made a mistake in selling him and buying Magallan ,decribed by some on the Dutch site as another Mike v d Hoorn.

Well Wöber is much, much better than Mike van der Hoorn.
Van der Hoorn is just a very poor talented guy who is unable to play proper football.

Despite that he was still able to make some minutes in the Premier League (and to score in the Premier League), but that competition is just a big joke.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 12, 2019 12:40 pm

Magallan not Wober was described as looking like v d Hoorn.I think Magallan will need a few games to settle in and hope he is not another v d Hoorn.

Didn't we say no to V Dijk because we thought v d Hoorn better!!!

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo jan 13, 2019 9:17 pm

SPL schreef:Magallan not Wober was described as looking like v d Hoorn.I think Magallan will need a few games to settle in and hope he is not another v d Hoorn.
I know.
I compared Wöber and Van der Hoorn on a list of points and on not one of them Van der Hoorn was better.

SPL schreef:Didn't we say no to V Dijk because we thought v d Hoorn better!!!
That's true. Frank de Boer has never been good in buying players.
For example Gudelj and Lerin Duarte (how many do still remember him??) were pretty expensive too!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jan 14, 2019 1:19 pm

Duarte was the replacement for Eriksen. He was often out injured.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » ma jan 14, 2019 1:23 pm

Orange14 schreef:Duarte was the replacement for Eriksen. He was often out injured.
Yes but also at some moments a ridiculous pick and played in the defense by Frank de Boer in an Europa League match we've lost with 0-3. :blush.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 16, 2019 7:22 pm

Wober has joined Sevilla on loan until the end of June and then will sign for 10.5.Reason for loan Ajax wanted a bank guarantee but Sevilla could not get one .The money will be paid on 1st July.

Rumours of just about every player bar KJH leaving but today Arsenal want Overmars. We will wait and see. If he did go I expect it wont be until the summer .He is a doing a decent job ,no problem with the money he gets from players
but some recent buys have been poor .I do think he dithered and lost out on Lainez.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jan 16, 2019 8:39 pm

SPL schreef: Rumours of just about every player bar KJH leaving but today Arsenal want Overmars.
This would be a crazy move. I just read a good thread on EPL teams cash flows and Arsenal are not in the best of shape. They already told Emery that only loan players can come into the team; there is no money for transfers right now. If Overmars thinks that Ajax is tough, Aresenal are worse.

I'm not surprised at all by the Wöber saga with Sevilla. Most Spanish teams are cash poor these days except for Real Madrid and Barcelona.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » wo jan 23, 2019 2:27 am

de telegraaf reporting now that de jong is leaving end of season to barcelona for 90 million euros

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 23, 2019 12:16 pm

Crazy price, so what is de Ligt worth !

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » wo jan 23, 2019 12:21 pm

kezme44 schreef:de telegraaf reporting now that de jong is leaving end of season to barcelona for 90 million euros
I bet the board can't contain their joy.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jan 23, 2019 2:45 pm

rjf1 schreef:
kezme44 schreef:de telegraaf reporting now that de jong is leaving end of season to barcelona for 90 million euros
I bet the board can't contain their joy.
There are a lot of media reports on this one so it probably is happening. This would be a good fit for de Jong as both Busquets and Rakatic are 30 years old.

kezme44

Bericht door kezme44 » wo jan 23, 2019 3:05 pm

SPL schreef:Crazy price, so what is de Ligt worth !
120 million of course!

Plaats reactie