Ajax friendlies

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Ayman

Re: Ajax friendlies

Bericht door Ayman » wo jul 20, 2016 9:56 pm

Saw the second half, great work from El Ghazi and Cassiera. Dohlberg got the late goal, making amends after a lackluster performance. Viergever doesnt belong to the Ajax starting line up. Hopefully Sanchez will make his debute soon. Glad to see that Peter Bosz isn't afraid to drop players, i.e Bazoer.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jul 20, 2016 10:35 pm

Bazoer had a thigh injury and that's why he was held out.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » do jul 21, 2016 10:16 am

We played another friendly before the Marseille game. It was against AS Béziers, who play in the third tier in France. We won 0-2. Here's the highlights:

http://ajax.nl/streams/ajax-actueel/hig ... s-ajax.htm

I suppose the team used here was the "B" team. It would make sense that the team used against the tougher opponent Marseille would be pretty much the team that will be used against PAOK.
"We're on a mission from God."

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » do jul 21, 2016 1:38 pm

The Marseille highlights:

http://www.ajax.nl/streams/ajax-actueel ... e-ajax.htm

Didn't see the game, but it looked liked we had a good pace going and nice pressing with concrete results:turnovers that led to quality scoring chances. Easy goal given up by Cillessen. I think he saw it well enough to save it. The shot wasn't that hard or accurate either.

If this was indeed the "A" team, it was interesting that Mr. Irreplaceable was not in the squad, and van de Beek was. Maybe he isn't so irreplaceable after all. He has a good foot for taking set pieces but beyond that, I don't know.
"We're on a mission from God."

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » vr jul 22, 2016 12:07 am

King Litti schreef:The Marseille highlights:

http://www.ajax.nl/streams/ajax-actueel ... e-ajax.htm

Didn't see the game, but it looked liked we had a good pace going and nice pressing with concrete results:turnovers that led to quality scoring chances. Easy goal given up by Cillessen. I think he saw it well enough to save it.
Yeah that 2-1 was not his strongest moment but he had again some saves where he showed his pure class, though.
Amol schreef:Just tuned in to the Marseille game 10 minutes ago. This is my first pre-season game this season, but I'm liking what I'm seeing.
The first half was very good.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jan 01, 2017 1:44 pm

Off to Portugal this week with games next Saturday v Leipzig and Excelsior.We are taking 27.Traore is missing at African Nations and Gudelj and Serero not included .

Along with v d Beek,Nouri, de Ligt and Cerny are deJong,Clement,Eiting and Kluivert plus now fit goalie Alblas.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jan 01, 2017 2:52 pm

Leipzig are second in the Bundesliga but not without some controversy. They have skirted the league rules against corporate ownership of teams and some of the other squads in the league are not happy about it. It should be a good test for Ajax.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jan 01, 2017 8:24 pm

Cerny is out with a back injury ,he is just resting it . The forward line up in Portugal is weak and shows why we need to spend money in that area.

Dolberg ,Cassierra,El Ghazi Younes Clement Kluivert.

We still need an experienced back up striker and 2 new wingers . Traore to miss 5 games and El Ghazi could still go to Italy this month hence we need 2 wingers.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma jan 02, 2017 3:25 pm

SPL schreef:Cerny is out with a back injury ,he is just resting it . The forward line up in Portugal is weak and shows why we need to spend money in that area.

Dolberg ,Cassierra,El Ghazi Younes Clement Kluivert.

We still need an experienced back up striker and 2 new wingers . Traore to miss 5 games and El Ghazi could still go to Italy this month hence we need 2 wingers.
Wasn't Ajax linked with Jaimaican international Bailey, who plays in Belgium. We would only need a right winger IF El Ghazi leaves, I agree with you on that one. As for striker position. Traore will miss five games, most of those games are eredivise games right? So Ajax will be left with Dollberg, Cassierra and of course Sierhuis. That's ok. I believe Ajax need a left back, more than anything. Dijks should leave in January, Sinkgraven is ok but nothing special. Savastano just came back from injury. I wonder if Ajax will sign Arana from Corinthians

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr jan 06, 2017 1:38 am

Talking of Ajax friendlies. I just found this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6rM-aC1UdM The Umbro cup! Remember that?! I always used to look forward to it in the Summer. This was Summer 1996, Man Utd vs Ajax. Ajax won in England against the red devils, 1-2. This was two years after Ajax won the Champions league and three years before Man Utd won it in 1999. Needless to say, on paper Man Utd were the stronger side, while Ajax were heading into a nightmare season.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 07, 2017 1:48 pm

Game v Excelsior just started ,no streams found. ( Later v Leipzig 16.30 CET cricfree has several streams so I will watch that)

Boer

Tete,de Ligt,Riedwald,Dijks

v d Beek,Nouir,de Jong

Kluivert Cassierra,Clement

subs Krul,Westermann Eiting

1-0 down already.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » za jan 07, 2017 2:39 pm

livetv.sx/en has streams

been watching little snatches here and there - first half just ended - too much back passing and not enough at attacking 1/3 penetration

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jan 07, 2017 2:58 pm

Dijks with a header off of a free kick ties it up at 1-1-

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jan 07, 2017 3:16 pm

Just lost the stream with about five minutes left. Not good news as Ajax were down 3-1. Krul got caught out and a chip from 40M beat him. Third goal came from poor defending off a corner. Kluivert had a couple of good runs on the right wing but that was about it. I only watched about 20 minutes of the match. Let's hope for a better performance against Leipzig.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » za jan 07, 2017 3:29 pm

They were doing better in the 2nd half - taking control and doing some decent attacking. Then Krull forgot he was a player and thought he was a spectator in the stands as he watched a shot from almost out to the midfield line sail past his inert body. That seemed to give the momentum back to Excelsior. By the time of the third goal my stream had deteriorated to the point where I couldn't tell what happened, but if I were in charge of the team, Krull wouldn't play another minute.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jan 07, 2017 3:37 pm

rjf1 schreef: but if I were in charge of the team, Krull wouldn't play another minute.
To be fair, Krul made a very nice save right after conceding the chip. That being said, we are paying a lot of money for a player that it turns out we didn't need.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 07, 2017 4:30 pm

Didn't watch but a bad result and I see Riedewald went off injured.

Our strongest team are now picked for Leipzig only Alblas the spare goalie is currently shown as a sub

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 07, 2017 5:25 pm

A good 45 mins with Younes having a fine time and hopefully rediscovering how to score .El Ghazi looks like he is going to play 90 mins ,not sure he would be playing if he is off to Rome next week. Eiting Westermann and de Jong are the only subs,no forwards

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 07, 2017 6:21 pm

A good workout and very comfortable win today .Younes a great game . A nice header from El Ghazi ,he still does not like to pass but surely we have to keep him until the summer .

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za jan 07, 2017 6:34 pm

Holy moly! Ajax 5-1 Leipzig. Did they field a weakened side or something? Remember this team is 2nd in the German bundesliga. I see two other eredivisie teams won against German sides. That's encouraging for Dutch football.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za jan 07, 2017 7:05 pm

Ayman schreef:Holy moly! Ajax 5-1 Leipzig. Did they field a weakened side or something? Remember this team is 2nd in the German bundesliga. I see two other eredivisie teams won against German sides. That's encouraging for Dutch football.
Bundesliga does not start again for two more weeks in contrast to the Dutch league which plays next weekend so there is perhaps less urgency for Leipzig. The players were their starters but I don't know when they began training. Ajax did look sharper from what I saw.

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » za jan 07, 2017 9:09 pm

Orange14 schreef:
Ayman schreef:Holy moly! Ajax 5-1 Leipzig. Did they field a weakened side or something? Remember this team is 2nd in the German bundesliga. I see two other eredivisie teams won against German sides. That's encouraging for Dutch football.
Bundesliga does not start again for two more weeks in contrast to the Dutch league which plays next weekend so there is perhaps less urgency for Leipzig. The players were their starters but I don't know when they began training. Ajax did look sharper from what I saw.

Yes, I suppose. However its good for a morale boost for the players. The wingers must improve, I don't mind keeping El Ghazi, as long as Kluivert gets minutes. As for Younes, keep him till the end of the season but sign another winger. Dijks needs to go and Huntelaar on loan, and bring on the Europa league!

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma mei 01, 2017 7:49 pm

A little bit early but in July, a friendly with Werder Bremen. https://www.werder.de/en/news/news/werd ... play-ajax/

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mei 01, 2017 8:31 pm

In the beautiful Austrian Tyrol

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jul 18, 2017 10:25 am

Playing in Lyon tonight 2 games ,first the reserves then the main event.Thats 21.00 and on Ziggo sport so there will be streams.I am out for the day but wont bother with friendlies

Plaats reactie