Steven Pienaar

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

dws

Bericht door dws » wo nov 09, 2005 10:18 pm

Pienaar is hardworking ... nothing more. Let's take the money.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » wo nov 09, 2005 10:22 pm

That's a load of arse, in my opinion.

But each man has a right to his own view on things, I suppose.

LouisXIV & co

Bericht door LouisXIV & co » wo nov 09, 2005 11:58 pm

Dubbel schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:My advice to Pienaar would be: Spain or Germany.
PSV Eindhoven? :X
That still wouldnt surprise me. De Jong stated that he never would go to shite-hoven, but I have this strange feeling for mohths that the two friends will make a move to p arse v. I have this strange 80's deja vu, when all the good Ajax players left for pis-vee too. Only because Ajax had a shite board, just as they have now.

Sell Pienaar and De Jong to pisvee and everyone will finally see how skillful they are. All Ajax sups will should themselves from misery and then turn in their own grave.
Zé of zeehond, rookies huren voor een jaar is ongezond!

dws

Bericht door dws » do nov 10, 2005 2:46 am

bryan schreef:That's a load of arse, in my opinion.

But each man has a right to his own view on things, I suppose.
Pienaar has no end product. He is ineffective at 10 because he can't score; as a wide midfielder he is ineffective because he is a poor crosser. There is no point in having skillful players who fail to execute the basics.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » do nov 10, 2005 11:55 am

Did you not see his two assists in Thun?

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do nov 10, 2005 12:15 pm

bryan schreef:That's a load of arse, in my opinion.
Yeah - I'm on your side here, Bryan.

Once again: in my opinion Pienaar has almost everything a top football player needs. He's got the skill, he's got the tactical insight, he's got the passes, he's got the pace and he's got the attitude (our cockroach mate Steef said that he's lazy; which is so bloody untrue that you could call it factually incorrect).

There's just one thing he he lacks - and that's goalscoring ability. He just can't bleepin' shoot.

At Ajax I am more than willing to 'forgive' him for that. It's easy for me to accept it as a weak point of an otherwise great player.

But (and this is my point) I fear for him that this one thing is going to keep him away from the top. In Italy, for example, many teams have just one striker. Which means that the'number 10' is a very important figure: he has to appear in front of goal to be the second striker when his team's attacking. Italian sides would nevert give the 'number 10' position to a guy who scores four goals a year. They want 'Totti material' on that position: someone who scores 10-12 goals at least, and knows how the trigger must be pulled when he's in shooting position.

At Ajax Pienaar got away with it, but I think this one thing will be a major problem for him in any of the 'big' leagues. I mean: let's face it... Why do you think everybody in Germany is now yelling that Van der Vaart's a genius? Because he plays well, but - more than anything else - because he scores every weekend. That's the reality and it will cost Pienaar a lot of credit, wherever he goes.

K.
Still alive...

Frans

Bericht door Frans » do nov 10, 2005 12:51 pm

I'm guessing the guy gets paid a few thousand euros each week. If Pienaar (and the similarly well-paid coaches) can't correct such a basic flaw in his play, well, it's a slap in the face to those who pay his wages and to those who support the team. He's been there for what, 5 years? With all due respect, you could train a gorilla to shoot in five years. Certain things like vision and reading/understanding the game can't be taught, but damn near anyody can be taught the basics like shooting, passing and ball control, and if you're being paid more per week then some people earn in a year, then it's a not unreasonable expectation that you can execute the basics.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do nov 10, 2005 12:53 pm

That's true and I wasn't denying that...

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » do nov 10, 2005 12:55 pm

Send him to Scotland, I'm sure he'll entertain em
Get a Cock

dws

Bericht door dws » do nov 10, 2005 1:47 pm

We have a team stack full of players who can't score and can't cross, hence the big fat zero in the goals for column in our last four league games. Pienaar happens to be one of those players. To his credit he has a good attitude and is hardworking , but if he can't score he cant play at 10 ; if he can't cross he can't be effective as a winger.

We will get decent money for him in January . Sell him to BVB and sell Galasek to Villa.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do nov 10, 2005 1:53 pm

I am not sure he will hack it in England as he cannot score to save his life.A team like Fulham or Man City would be his limit but Liverpool !! Even their strikers cannot score so would they need a NO 10 who cannot score !!

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » do nov 10, 2005 3:21 pm

dws schreef: if he can't score he cant play at 10 ; if he can't cross he can't be effective as a winger.
Have anyone ever seen Ljungberg shoot (ok, I've seen a good shot once, but no more) or cross decently? Still he can play as both central midfielder and winger. And attacker.

Other qualities are important as well, but I fully agree with you guys. I wouldn't cry rivers if we got rid of him for a few €'s.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » do nov 10, 2005 3:45 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Send him to Scotland, I'm sure he'll entertain em
Nah Zoef we get enough entertainment in Scotland watching Rangers and Celtic kicking lumps out of each other. But then again if Celtic are daft enough to pay a few million euris then we should take it.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

English Eagle

Bericht door English Eagle » do nov 10, 2005 4:09 pm

Pienaar would fit nicely into a team playing wide right in a 4-4-2,like ive said before certain players suit certain systems & i feel he will be a player who benefits from a change of system. :sad:

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » do nov 10, 2005 4:38 pm

Don't forget, that he (as far as I know) 3 times refused to sign new contract. So it means that he doesn't want to stay in Ajax. If yes- we should sell him as fast as possible (this winter). Mauro Rosales is good replace for Pienaar (actually, I think he is better player than Steven), so we shouln't be afraid of that.

3 mln > 0 mln, so let's sell him to Celtic, Man City, Dortmund or whatever.

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » do nov 24, 2005 2:26 pm

Just an update on the Piennar situation from a scottish newspaper - he is expected to give an answer this week. Can just imagine him and Roy Keane in the same team - esp after one of Piennars hard man tackles (my maw can tackle better)

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/51376.html
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr nov 25, 2005 5:26 pm

I hope Ajax take the money in January. He misses 6 League games in any case and I do not think it will make any difference to our chances in Europe for selling him.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma dec 05, 2005 9:46 am

SPL schreef:I hope Ajax take the money in January. He misses 6 League games in any case and I do not think it will make any difference to our chances in Europe for selling him.
100% agreed. In addition to that: he was absolutely sh*t yesterday and it wasn't the first time. This bloke seems to have lost interest, to be honest. He's a talented chap, but let's face it: in practice he's either a right winger who can't cross or a 'number 10' who can't score. Very replaceable.

As SPL says: let's take the cash in January. Two, perhaps three million euros should be possible.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma dec 05, 2005 11:20 am

Kowalczyk schreef: He's a talented chap, but let's face it: in practice he's either a right winger who can't cross or a 'number 10' who can't score. Very replaceable.
K.
I agree with you about Piennar's recent performances, but ...
the trouble is that every time we sell the replacement is not up to our expectations : Escudé for Chivu, Rosales for van der Meyde, Rosenberg for Zlatan. And so on.

In other words it would have been a better choice to motivate and keep him.
Appie, stay strong !

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za dec 10, 2005 11:35 am

I don't have any idea how should we motivate him. He refused signing new contract few times, so it means that he really wants to leave Ajax. Let's sell him now, because even if he stays at Ajax now, he will leave us for free in the summer.

It is good phrase for this situation, that you won't make a player from slave. If we won't sell him now, he will be kind of slave...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo dec 14, 2005 10:13 am

Right... The public prosecutor of the KNVB has once again announced an investigation of an action by Steven Pienaar. After one of Stijn Vreven's moronic fouls on Pienaar on Sunday, the Ajax player made a 'kicking movement' in the direction of Vreven. Pienaar missed his target, but Twente striker Blaise N'Kufo was recently suspended for his obvious 'intention to kick an opponent'.

It's a safe bet that Pienaar will be suspended for a few games again. This would be the second time in the first season half.

I must say: it would be a little bit bitter if that f*cking mad dog Stijn Vreven escapes with only one booking for all the fould he committed, whereas Pienaar is handed a suspension for one attempt to kick him back...

On the other hand: even though it looked like a bit of a reflex, it is a very stupid and very unprofessional thing to do, especially because the exact same thing happened to Pienaar not too long ago. Apparently he didn't learn from it.

Also: violent play of this kind is very 'un-Pienaar' and now it happened twice. Is he frustrated...? He definitely seems poorly concentrated these days...

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo dec 14, 2005 7:41 pm

Do yourself and Ajax a favour Steven and leave in January. If they give him another 3 games ban he could well have played his last game for us.Would anyone care ???

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo dec 14, 2005 8:58 pm

Bravo Steven! Really showing your best side to possible future employers...poor play and suspensions.You almost get the feeling he really wants to dick Ajax . He'll end up somewhere and Ajax will be lucky if they aren't the ones paying to have him off the books. If I'm sitting as manager or chairman somewhere ,ready to open my purse strings come January,I'm not exactly saying "Pienaar, he's the one for us".
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Marijn

Bericht door Marijn » wo dec 14, 2005 10:23 pm

Another suspension could mean that Pienaar isn't playing until january. Which automaticly means no exposure to other European clubs from now untill the opening of the transfer window. Great timing.
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist."
-The Usual Suspects

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr dec 16, 2005 12:47 am

According to Ajax Netwerk and its links a report states Pienaar has agreed a 3 year contract with Dortmund. The clubs are discussing a winter transfer.This has evidently come from Talpa Tv !!

Hope I have translated this correctly!!!

Under Bosman you can only sign a pre contract after 1st Jan so if this report is correct then the transfer ought to be for Jan. Hopefully we will not have to keep him for the rest of the season. He will be better suited for German league rather than England.

Gesloten