Urby Emanuelson

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo nov 19, 2008 12:52 pm

Stefan Coerts... No, don't think I've ever heard of him.

I don't like the type of journalism, that's for sure. Those headlines always suggest a bit more than what's actually going on. That's what shitty gossip magazines do.

Massive headline on the cover:

LOUIS VAN GAAL CHEATING ON HIS WIFE...?

Summary of the article inside: "Probably not, but we do have a picture of Louis van Gaal giving some woman in the supermarket a friendly smile, so who knows."

K.
Still alive...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo nov 19, 2008 3:53 pm

Seriously, how on earth could Urby be unhappy right now? He's playing consistently and he's been among Ajax's best players (if not it's best outright) the last few weeks. It seems that San Marco has found a way to motivate him.

How could he be unhappy?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » wo nov 19, 2008 4:22 pm

I think that's goal.com for you more than anything. They've been pretty bad recently (like over the last week). They had a headline questioning if Silva would leave, although that pretty much seems impossible to happen and they were wrong about Vermaelen being out of the PSV game. I think the fact that most of their headlines end with question marks should tell you that it's more speculation than fact.

Their articles are only good if they have actual quotes in them, otherwise they seem to write whatever they want, which often doesn't reflect reality. Though I've wondered how accurate their translations are a lot of the times for even the quotes.
AFCA

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo nov 19, 2008 5:33 pm

If Urby is unhappy , all the while playing at Ajax player of the year level and placing himself squarely in the shop window, I hope he remains "unhappy" .
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo nov 19, 2008 6:46 pm

I look at goal.com knowing that much of it is inaccurate. The only times I ever make a comment is when they come up with some tripe about one of our players.I am not interested enough in any other player or club.

This article about Urby reads Ok but the headline was crap as I have already said. I was surprised the writer made a reply and this is the only reason why I have put this posting on here.

Orange14

Re: Urby Emanuelson

Bericht door Orange14 » do apr 23, 2009 4:35 pm

I haven't heard anything about the extent of Urby's injury following the tackle by Affelay. Has there been a report? Presumably he is out for this week's match.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 05, 2009 2:37 pm

Re: Urby's red card against Roda...

The next game is Willem II at home. After that it's AZ away and the Classic, so suspension of more than one game would be a bit shit.

Having said that: seems like Urby will receive unexpected help. His 'victim' (Roda's Anouar Hadouir) says he wants to help Emanuelson and is ready to testify. Here's what Hadouir said in a little interview with newspaper De Telegraaf. "I was a bit shocked when the referee sent Urby off, and I didn't think he deserved the red card. He did not have the intention to hurt me and I will not make this clear in my statement to the KNVB. Urby is, in fact, one of the very few players in the Eredivisie who will never kick someone deliberately, I'm convinced of that."

K.
Still alive...

Thijs
Site Admin & Toto winner WC 2010

Bericht door Thijs » ma okt 05, 2009 3:18 pm

Emanuelson is suspended for just one match, according to the KNVB. So he will just miss Willem II.
Don't worry 'bout a thing...cause every little thing gonna be alright!

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma okt 05, 2009 5:30 pm

Thijs schreef:Emanuelson is suspended for just one match, according to the KNVB. So he will just miss Willem II.
Yeah. One game, plus another one conditional.

This was a settlement proposal, actually. Ubry accepted. Fair enough.

Is Atouba still alive...? Fair chance we'll get to see him against Willem II.

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma okt 05, 2009 7:05 pm

rather see Anita play left back! Atouba is playing fro the reserves at present.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr okt 30, 2009 9:06 am

This is remarkable.

Firstly, I don't think Urby ever scored twice in one match before, like he did against Dordrecht yesterday evening.

Secondly: he scored three very beautiful goals in our last two games now - and they were very important indeed (not that I really cared about the Dordrecht fixture, but they were three goals that really made the difference between winning and losing - that's what I mean).

Keep it up, Urb.

K.
Still alive...

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr okt 30, 2009 5:55 pm

There's nothing to suggest he can't have another big game Sunday. BIG STAGE and great recent form. Plus, his awesome left foot is always capable of dispensing the lightning , even if he's not playing a real belter.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr okt 30, 2009 8:50 pm

I'd rather say his left foot is weird: when he shoots, it's either a beautiful goal or something completely missed that seemed aimed at the corner flag.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » zo nov 01, 2009 5:30 pm

The former today ! Great goal ! :blub.gif: Urby on :onfire.gif: !!!!
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

gordonvandekamp
Contacteer:

Bericht door gordonvandekamp » di nov 03, 2009 6:23 pm

VI named him player of the week, and I think rightly so.

4 goals this week (he only had, what 12 in his Ajax career before then, counting the goal against PSV earlier this season), and they were mostly pretty spectacular. I hope he can keep it up as he seemed to not be up to par, even going back to last season at times. :headbang.gif:
AFCA

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za nov 14, 2009 12:48 pm

Sevilla fancy him but would pay no more than 4.5m euros as his contract finishes June 2011. He wont go this January but if he keeps scoring goals and playing well I would not be surprised if he decides to move next summer as there is bound to be interest from the top leagues.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma nov 30, 2009 12:59 pm

Urby's contract goes to June 2011 but looks like they are talking about an extension.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr dec 04, 2009 8:10 pm

According to goal.com Urby wants to leave in the summer.

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » vr dec 04, 2009 8:21 pm

SPL schreef:According to goal.com Urby wants to leave in the summer.
I saw that, but am choosing to believe it's the usual goal.com bullsh*t until proven otherwise.
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr dec 04, 2009 11:08 pm

They based it on an interview he gave on dutch tv so it remains to be seen exactly what he did say .

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za dec 05, 2009 12:43 am

If he does move up to a higher league, what position does he play. I'm unsure that he fits in to a top club in any of the big three leagues (England, Spain, or Italy). He has too many lapses to play fullback and I don't think he is fast enough to play on the wing. Interested in other people's perspective on this.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do dec 10, 2009 3:26 am

My opinion is that he'll have to play in midfield. Probably on a more modest mid-table or tailender club. His defensive frailties will be even more exposed than in the Eredivisie should he play LB . He'd be a number on a depth chart with a larger club. One of a number of options who , like many before, don't further their careers.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do dec 10, 2009 2:20 pm

Blind3 schreef:My opinion is that he'll have to play in midfield. Probably on a more modest mid-table or tailender club. His defensive frailties will be even more exposed than in the Eredivisie should he play LB . He'd be a number on a depth chart with a larger club. One of a number of options who , like many before, don't further their careers.
That's my feeling as well. He's likely to follow the career trajectory of Heitinga who is now out of favor at Everton after not doing well at Athletico.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » wo jan 13, 2010 3:29 pm

Why he is not signing an extension?
O tempora o mores

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jan 13, 2010 7:19 pm

I am no good at printing off other links but Goal.com !!!!! state he wants to stay until 2011 but extension talks have broken down as Ajax have asked him to take a pay cut!
He intends to leave 2011 on a Bosman.

NB I believe he was looking for an extension
1. for more money
2.If he did stay until 2011 Ajax would get a transfer fee.

If this is all true then Ajax are treating him like s--t .

Ajax also have to extend Enoh's contract which runs out in June but they have the option of a 2 year extension so in effect the only main contract extension to sort out is Urby's and so far Ajax are doing what they do best ie making a pigs ear. (I did think we were improving at contracts over the last 2 seasons!!!)

This is after all the world champions at losing players to Bosmans we are talking about.

I am sure Ko will put me right on the above !!

Gesloten