Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

dws

Bericht door dws » di nov 15, 2005 9:13 pm

Get it up those Gay's ;) :D They'll love it :yes:

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo nov 16, 2005 1:55 am

Australia vs Uruguay will be shown live on Dutch TV! 10:00 AM our time!

Manneken Pis: it's on Nederland 1, which means you can get it too.

That's cool.

K.
Still alive...

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo nov 16, 2005 3:10 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Australia vs Uruguay will be shown live on Dutch TV! 10:00 AM our time!

That's cool.

K.
That's quite embarassing, now you can all see how bad Australia is at football...

Seriously I don't think we deserve to be there more than some of the teams that will miss out, but it is basically vital for the game here for us to qualify. I don't know if we're good enough but you never know.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » wo nov 16, 2005 12:54 pm

YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was unbelievable...

Rubin Stark

Bericht door Rubin Stark » wo nov 16, 2005 1:45 pm

YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How was Emerton ever semi-successful at Feyenoord? He should have a duel with Rio Ferdinand for the title of worst player in the galaxy.

Gordon Bennett, I think that game set a world record for most fouls/dives.
"The joy of seeing Yuri Gargarin flying in space is only superseded by the joy of
a good penalty save." - Lev Yashin

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » wo nov 16, 2005 2:35 pm

Chugger schreef:YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was unbelievable...
Congratulations mate!
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo nov 16, 2005 2:42 pm

Chugger schreef:YYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was unbelievable...
Welcome to the party, Aussies! Congrats and well done for beating those pussy ass bitches.

As promised: :dancing:

You earned it!!!!
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo nov 16, 2005 4:52 pm

WELL DONE, AUSTRALIA!!

Absolutely fan-fucking-tastic. Welcome to the ball!

:bier: :bier: :bier:

(poor Uruguay... the army will probably have to protect them when they arrive at the airport...)

K.
Still alive...

English Eagle

Bericht door English Eagle » wo nov 16, 2005 6:58 pm

Trinidad & Tobago join the party as well . . . congratulations.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo nov 16, 2005 7:11 pm

Well done Aussies. Glad you have made it.

dws

Bericht door dws » wo nov 16, 2005 7:23 pm

Congrat's to Australia and T&T.

Watching Turkey v Switzerland on livesports ... Alpay conceded a peno after just 30 secs... 0:1 switzerland .

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo nov 16, 2005 8:44 pm

English Eagle schreef:Trinidad & Tobago join the party as well . . . congratulations.
Well done Oz. And well done Trinidad and Tobago too. There was a really good article in the Independent on Saturday about Chris Burchill of League Two side Port Vale who is the first white player in 60 years to play for Trinidad and who'ed never been to Trinidad before he went to play for them. A really good read. I'll include the link sport.independent.co.uk/football/ internationals/article326616.ece here but sadly you have to pay £1.00 for the full article and after a long day at work I don't fancy typing all 1,250 words of it.

Anyway, you'll get the general idea.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » wo nov 16, 2005 10:46 pm

English Eagle schreef:Trinidad & Tobago join the party as well . . . congratulations.
Yeah, congrats to the Soca Warriors. :headbang: 4 CONCACAF teams in the WC now, along with 4 from Asia and 4 from South America. Good to see new faces in the WC.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » wo nov 16, 2005 11:42 pm

4 Dutch coaches in this WC :D Awsome!
Get a Cock

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » do nov 17, 2005 4:44 am

It's all set boys, the final 32 are at last finished!!!!! Next stop December 9th Leipzig Germany for the group´s draw.I can't wait ;)

A couple of pointers on some games i watched today.

1) Australia-Uruguay: I had to get up at 4 am in the morning(well actually it was 5 am, got a little confused with the time) to watch this one and boy I cant say it was a bad desicion, the game was a thriller chances on both ends, non stop accion and intense all the way to the end.Both teams could have won but the aussies pulled it off in front of their home crowd, it must be said that this is the first time a World Cup berth is obtained trough a penaltie shoot out. Well done Aussies and welcome back to the big dance :xyxthumbs: . Congrats to Chugger and Dank ;)

2) After the Aussie-Urugay's nail bitter i had to go sleepwalking to class, to my surprise when i came back home i was fumbling with the chanel's and LO' Bahrein-T&T on the arabic chanel(Dubai) only 25 minutes in the first half, sweet!!!!! I could'ent understand shit but who cared???? But to my dismay this one was a terribly boring game, i fell a sleep at the intermision only to be awakened by a goal from the Benhakker's boy's. I really dident watch a whole lot of this one, but i did note the imposing T&T physical play, the Soca Warriors are not the most skilled but they are warriors in deed, it'll be nice to watch them have some fun this summer. Well done guy's and good luck Leo :xyxthumbs: .

3)I really can never get enough football and the third and last game i saw was a real treat Switszerland(spelling :sad: ) and Turkey played a game even more exciting than the Urugs and Aussies, a game filled with goals of every kind and one that also went down the wire, Turkey really was caught flat footed once Frei scored from the penalty spot (dumb Alpay handball) but then they started pushing forward and playing very very roughly, trying to intimidate a very young but mature Swiss team, in the end a Streller goal in the second half ended the Turkish siege on the Swiss. Yet Tuncay and his teammates gave it one last try and made the game end in a very tight decision 4-2(4-4) Swiss advancing on away goals. So the turks that finished third in the last World Cup crashed out in similar way as the 98 Swede team. The Swiss withstood their ground and deservedly are goin to Germany.

I love these types of day's if the world cup is going to be something like this, with these types of dramatics, then were in store for one hell of a show :headbang:

Peace guy's and congrats to all of the qualified, lets make it one to remember :yes: ;)
BRING IT ON !!!!...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do nov 17, 2005 3:39 pm

I am not sure if this about football, fascism, or organized crime :

(from The Guardian)

Turkey could be banned from the 2010 World Cup after Fifa launched an investigation into the violence that followed their play-off with Switzerland in Istanbul last night.
After Switzerland edged through on away goals to qualify for next summer's finals, the visiting players had to run from the field to escape a hail of missiles hurled by home supporters. A scuffle then ensued between players and coaching staff in the players' tunnel, with Swiss defender Stephane Grichting needing hospital treatment after being kicked in the stomach.
Today Fifa president Sepp Blatter responded, threatening potential sanctions against Turkey. "I've never seen anything like it," he said. "That makes me angry. Something is wrong in football if that can happen. Anything can happen - from nothing at all to the suspension of the Turkish federation or even a ban on participation in the next World Cup.
"I can tell you this, not as a Swiss, but as the president of Fifa, that we will act here and we will act tough," added Blatter, who revealed any inquiry would have to be completed before the draw for the finals on December 9.

"This was anti-fair play. The Turks had the chance after the [first-leg] defeat to act as a good host and show that a revenge foul is not done in football. It [the inquiry] will show whether we will investigate against Switzerland too. At the moment we're questioning both sides because, of course, the Swiss want to justify themselves after what has happened."

Turkish Football Federation vice-president Sekip Mosturoglu was not happy at Blatter's comments: "It is an extremely unfortunate statement," he said. "This was not a one-sided event."

However, Swiss midfielder Johann Lonfat went as far as claim that Turkish police had been involved in violent incidents in the tunnel. He told L'Equipe: "There were some Swiss players beaten by Turkish players and by police who were supposed to provide security. Grichting received some blows. He was covered in blood. He went to hospital, shocked. [Johann] Vogel and [Benjamin] Huggel were hit as well. We were attacked. It was unbelievable.

"And I'm not talking about the pressure we sustained during the stay. We expected an electric atmosphere, an overheated atmosphere, but not that. This went beyond the limits of intimidation. I was told: 'We're going to slit your throat.'"

Regarding Grichting's injury, Swiss team spokesman Pierre Benoit added: "Everything is not OK, he has had to have a catheter put in and he will need seven to 10 days [to recover]." As for Huggel, caught by television cameras appearing to kick out at Turkey's assistant coach Mehmet Ozdilek, Benoit said: "We haven't seen the pictures yet, so we're not making any statement. In principle, however, we believe Huggel was defending himself after he and Tranquillo Barnetta came under attack."

Tensions had been mounting since the first match on Saturday in Bern, which the Swiss won 2-0. Afterwards, the Turkish team complained of poor treatment, while coach Fatih Terim said Swiss striker Alexander Frei swore at him and made an obscene gesture.

In return, the Swiss claimed they were subjected to hostile treatment when they arrived in Istanbul on Monday, including being held up for several hours in passport control. Fans taunted the players and reportedly threw eggs and rocks at the team bus as it left the airport.

After the second game, Terim's ire was reserved instead for the officials. "I say well done to them [Switzerland] but I have never seen two such immoral referees."
Appie, stay strong !

Amol

Bericht door Amol » do nov 17, 2005 5:18 pm

I saw the highlights of the Turkey v Switzerland game & the stuff which happened after the game was seriously shameful.

Just as the players were running off the field while dodging stuff which being thrown at them, Alpay (I think it was him) ran at a swiss player from behind him & kicked him in his butt.

After I saw the footage again, I sae one of the swiss players(#14) kicking one of turkey's staff members.

This is stuff you expect to see at some 3rd division league from a non-descrepit country.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » do nov 17, 2005 6:13 pm

When Ireland played Turkey in a playoff in 1999 they purposely had the match in Bursa, where the airport had been closed and all roads cut off due to the earthquake. Why they didn't have the match in Istanbul like they always do was a mystery. So the Irish team had to go by plane, boat, train and bus to get to the city. When they got there it turned out that the pitch had been gone over with tractors to make it as unplayable as possible. To add to the misery the Turkish TV asked the Irish TV company ubelievably high fees for the broadcast rights (this was after the Irish TV let the Turkish TV buy the Irish leg of the playoff for a normal price) so the match wasn't shown in Ireland.

I'm delighted for the Swiss, although that Huggel guy has something to answer for.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do nov 17, 2005 7:55 pm

This hardly surprises me - Turkey is known to have some of the most volatile fans around. I'm not talking about the hooligan types, I'm talking about the average hardcore fan, who is much more crazy than most of his European counterparts -- even the Greeks (who can be downright nasty in their own right). I've heard stories of butchers' knives being thrown at rival groups and stuff like that.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr nov 18, 2005 8:01 am

Hi Guys

I just arrived back after 2 nights of partying in Sydney. first of all thanks for your congratulations :xyxthumbs:

I have still lost my voice so its probably good I have to write this down and not talk to you all...

OK then...This is by far THE best game I have ever been to. 85000 (minus a few Urugs) chanting, singing swearing, screaming for 3 hours non stop was...well actually words cant describe it. I am not afraid to admit that tears did flow. So many years of heartbreak at the last hurdle will do that to you.

The crowd was totally behind the team for the entire time. For the first time in this aussie rules/rugby mad country, the non football fans finally understood what it means to be in a World Cup. The U-R-Gays didn't help themselves by first bagging the aussies, then kicking the aussies in the tunnel before the game, then rolling, diving, cheating etc for the rest of the game...and for once we gave as good as we got.

My thanks also go to Mr Hiddinks parents for producing such a genius.

"Aussie Guus" is now a national hero...I think that makes it 43 countries for him...He has totally transformed this team from potential or underachieving, to having true belief in themselves.

I have never before seen Australia dominate a team (well one of the class of uruguay) for such long periods of the game. (not that uruguay didnt play well or have their chances either). The positioning off the ball as well as there passing was so much above what they have done in the past it was incredible.

A sleeping giant has awoken in this country...and who knows with Guus on our side and a good draw and some luck, we could make the 2nd round...but for now I dont care. We are there.

I forgot how much I love this country until Wed night.

Now I have 3 countries to support next June/July
1. Austalia
2. Holland
3. Sweden

Bloody hell...I cant wait.
Laatst gewijzigd door DanK op vr nov 18, 2005 9:11 am, 3 keer totaal gewijzigd.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » vr nov 18, 2005 8:02 am

Chugger schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:Australia vs Uruguay will be shown live on Dutch TV! 10:00 AM our time!

That's cool.

K.
That's quite embarassing, now you can all see how bad Australia is at football...
Chugger...you kidder you ;)

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr nov 18, 2005 3:53 pm

Dan-

I think the US fans on this board (I suspect there's a few besides myself) can probably empathize with you. I'll never forget where I was when the US beat Portugal in the last WC, mostly because it was so unbelievably early in the morning when they played. I'm not ashamed to say that I cried that day either. Interestingly, I got up a few minutes late and missed the first goal. When I turned the tv on, I expected the score to be 0-0, and when they replayed the goal (scored by our own John O'Brien, btw) I almost woke up the whole neighborhood.

Being a soccer fan in a place like Oz or the US is very different from being a fan in a place like Holland, England or France, where soccer is a mainstream sport. Soccer (at least in the US) has the reputation of being a 'wimpy' sport, and many (but not all) mainstream soccer commentators make fun of it.

Being a soccer fan in the US, I feel like a member of some sort of underground movement (I actually kinda like that). But that makes my sense of pride even stronger when my team does well (like when they beat Mexico :xyxthumbs: ).

So a heartfelt congratulations again. May your team do well, until they meet the US, of course. :D

My teams:
1) USA
2) Holland
3) Anyone who plays Germany
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr nov 18, 2005 7:50 pm

Latest odds from Ladbrokes, now that the field is set.
Ladbrokes.com schreef:2006 World Cup
SELECTION
Click here or on ODDS to change view order ODDS BET NOW OR ADD TO MULTIPLE
Brazil 3/1
Argentina 6/1
England 7/1
Germany 7/1
Italy 7/1
Holland 9/1
France 11/1
Spain 12/1
Portugal 20/1
Sweden 25/1
Czech Republic 28/1
Croatia 50/1
Ivory Coast 50/1
Serbia and Montenegro 50/1
Ukraine 50/1
Mexico 66/1
Paraguay 66/1
Poland 80/1
USA 80/1
Australia 100/1
Switzerland 100/1
Ecuador 125/1
Japan 125/1
Korea Republic 150/1
Ghana 200/1
Tunisia 200/1
Iran 250/1
Costa Rica 350/1
Togo 350/1
Angola 500/1
Saudi Arabia 500/1
Trinidad and Tobago 750/1
2005-12-09 11:00:00 Each-way bets 1/2 odds first 2
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

bryan

Bericht door bryan » vr nov 18, 2005 7:56 pm

7/1 for Italy is very good money.

I also think Switzerland are better than 100/1, I see them more as 30/1 myself. Perhaps you could get good odds on them reaching the quarter-finals.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr nov 18, 2005 8:17 pm

Top scorers @ WC 06
Ladbrokes.com schreef:Ronaldo 7/1
Thierry Henry 10/1
Hernan Crespo 12/1
Ruud van Nistelrooy 12/1
Micheal Owen 14/1
Adriano 14/1
Alberto Gillardino 16/1
Andriy Shevchenko 16/1
David Trezeguet 16/1