Former Ajax Players

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » ma aug 28, 2006 8:09 pm

It looked like Kluivert is going to PSV, but - according to voetbalzone.nl - the transfer won't be confirmed because of PSV chairman's veto. He said that he's afraid of Kluivert's form, because he's not the striker which can replace VoH at the moment.

As for Nando Rafael - maybe I'm wrong, but as far as I remember he left Ajax because he didn't get permission for working in Holland. So I don't know if it really was a transfer (he wasn't a first-team player in Ajax and I don't remember if he had professional contract)...

Amol

Bericht door Amol » di aug 29, 2006 6:38 pm

AsgAarD_xxx schreef: As for Nando Rafael - maybe I'm wrong, but as far as I remember he left Ajax because he didn't get permission for working in Holland. So I don't know if it really was a transfer (he wasn't a first-team player in Ajax and I don't remember if he had professional contract)...
You're right. I thought back in the day, we sold him to Hertha b'cos he had some nationality issues. He was regarded as a big talent for the future back in day.

I remember that we had some sort of gentleman's agreement with Hertha that we would get first option.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di aug 29, 2006 8:59 pm

Mr Mido keeps a-wandering.....

from Setanta.com

"Tottenham Hotspur have completed the signing of Egypt international striker Mido.

Mido was a big success in his 18 months at on loan at White Hart Lane before returning to Roma in the summer. Spurs wanted him back but with the move having looked dead with Martin Jol's side refusing to meet the asking price of over STG5m in the summer, a deal has now been agreed.

"We've been tracking Mido since his loan ended and we were always keen to bring him back," Spurs boss Martin Jol told the club's official website.

"Roma took persuading and I'm delighted to have him in the squad. It's an excellent addition to Spurs."

The player himself added: "I'm happy to be back. It was and it always will be a great honour for me to play at Tottenham.

"I always knew in my heart I would be coming back. It's a fantastic move for me. I have some good friends and I will be back with the lads."

Mido's return to White Hart Lane looked likely after his national coach Hassan Shehata stated that the forward was heading to Spurs as he announced his squad for their African Nations Cup qualifier against Burundi.

According to BBC Sport, Shehata is quoted as saying "Mido told me he will travel to London to have a medical before signing for Tottenham.

"He will be back in Egypt on Wednesday to join up with his colleagues in the national team."

Spurs have already added to their strike force since the end of last season with Bulgarian front man Dimitar Berbatov joining the club from from Bayer Leverkusen for STG10.9m.

With Robbie Keane and Jermain Defoe already vying for places at the Lane, the recapture of the Egyptian leaves Jol with plenty of options as he looks to get his side moving up the table after an unremarkable start to the season."
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » wo aug 30, 2006 8:52 am

Ex-Ajacied Richard Knopper is on a trial in Preston North End (Championship).

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » wo aug 30, 2006 5:47 pm

According to "Piłka Nożna" Kiki Musampa has just sign a 3-year contract with Trabzonspor.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo aug 30, 2006 6:16 pm

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:According to "Piłka Nożna" Kiki Musampa has just sign a 3-year contract with Trabzonspor.
Yuk! Surely he can do better than that :pukey:

Nob End = Not my favourite team.......

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 30, 2006 6:31 pm

Has young Belgium Stanley Aborah left us yet? He was on loan at Den Bosch last season and has a contract with us to June 07.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo aug 30, 2006 6:50 pm

Just watching Utrecht against Sparta highlights from the weekend. Just watched Yannis miss an absolute sitter (and fall over at the same time :blush: ) but I see that he is captain of Sparta.....great news for him, they've obviously picked up the positive vibes too.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do aug 31, 2006 9:29 am

Kluivert eventually to p$v, it will be good to see him in the CL again
Appie, stay strong !

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do aug 31, 2006 7:42 pm

Still think he's second fiddle to Kone'. More interested in Run DMB's possible move to Man City.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do aug 31, 2006 7:47 pm

I must admit: it will hurt a little bit to see Patrick Kluivert (our boy of 24 May 1995...) play for them.

But on the other hand: he will definitely blow it over there. That's the upside: PSV have just signed a useless twat.

Seriously: he was once a great, great centre forward, but he's made a mess out his life and I have never-ever heard any self-criticism from him. It's all other people's fault. As long as he's incapable of self-reflection, he will simply not find the willpower to prove the world wrong.

Mark my words: he will fail over there.

K.
Still alive...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr sep 01, 2006 8:13 am

Kowalczyk schreef:

K.
I will remember. ;)
Appie, stay strong !

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » vr sep 01, 2006 10:08 am

is it true that psv bought krompkamp? or just b***shit?
O tempora o mores

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr sep 01, 2006 10:15 am

BRING IT ON !!!!...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » vr sep 01, 2006 10:17 am

Beasly has also left but only on a season long loan. Man City :yes:

http://english.psv.nl/show?id=21372&contentid=12388
BRING IT ON !!!!...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za sep 02, 2006 3:39 pm

Wamberto de Souza Campos has just signed a contract with Mons, where he played in 03/04 season. He joined them for a free transfer.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za sep 02, 2006 9:47 pm

Jari Litmanen showed he still has some tricks up his sleeves, he scored twice in a 3-1 Finland victory over Poland, a result that is very surprising.

man i love the guy :headbang:

PD: sorry AsgAarD_xxx :sad: tough luck.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za sep 02, 2006 10:27 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Jari Litmanen showed he still has some tricks up his sleeves, he scored twice in a 3-1 Finland victory over Poland, a result that is very surprising.

man i love the guy :headbang:

PD: sorry AsgAarD_xxx :sad: tough luck.

Hehehe so it was an opening game... The second will be "to be or not to be" game, and the third - a game for (the rest of) honour... Just like all the time.

As for Litmanen - he had really good game today. He didn't run much, but almost all his passes were good. His first goal was after incredible Dudek's mistake, who tried to make a long kick, but he kicked to the Kolkka's legs. Kolkka passed to Litmanen and he scored an easy goal. The second Litmanen's goal was scored from a penalty kick.

BTW - also Petri Pasanen played the whole game (as a right defender).

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » zo sep 03, 2006 12:57 am

Kowalczyk schreef:I must admit: it will hurt a little bit to see Patrick Kluivert (our boy of 24 May 1995...) play for them.

But on the other hand: he will definitely blow it over there. That's the upside: PSV have just signed a useless twat.

Seriously: he was once a great, great centre forward, but he's made a mess out his life and I have never-ever heard any self-criticism from him. It's all other people's fault. As long as he's incapable of self-reflection, he will simply not find the willpower to prove the world wrong.

K.
I've been reading his book and it really is unbelievable. In every paragraph he seemingly starts to take the blame for certain things that went wrong in his life. But at the end of every paragraph he blames it all on someone or something else. Nothing is his fault. His injuries, his cheating, the downward spiral in his career, it all just happened to him.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma sep 04, 2006 2:00 pm

A very nice welcome for Angelos Charisteas in Rotterdam today...

When he came out for his first training as a cockroach, he was whistled and jeered at by a smell group of fans. They had also put up a large banner along the training pitch that read: The Yid is not welcome. Fuck off.

What a wonderful club to play for. Truly fantastic people.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma sep 04, 2006 3:57 pm

Angel of Greece to punish em, innit.
Get a Cock

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma sep 04, 2006 4:49 pm

Next week : Sparta Rotterdam - feyen@dr.

My prediction is Anastasiou 2 - Charisteas 2 :D
Appie, stay strong !

raymon
Site Admin & AT WC 2014 winner, Toto winner 16/17
Contacteer:

Bericht door raymon » ma sep 04, 2006 4:51 pm

Kowalczyk schreef: When he came out for his first training as a cockroach, he was whistled and jeered at by a smell group of fans.
A smelly group of fans or a small group of fans? ;)
Laatst gewijzigd door raymon op ma sep 04, 2006 5:01 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
"De waarheid is een geheel van maatschappelijk geaccepteerde leugens"

bryan

Bericht door bryan » ma sep 04, 2006 4:59 pm

kluivert could have been one of the most prolific centre-forwards of his generation. unfortunately he didn't put in the work and he also thought, in his mind, that he was a number "10".

that's the difference between him and makaay/van nistelrooy. they weren't ashamed to just play the nr. 9 position and score goals. that and hard work. kluivert thought that he was the new maradona. in some ways he's gone on to match him, but unfortunately not on the pitch.

still, we'll never forget '95

jakobg
Contacteer:

Bericht door jakobg » ma sep 04, 2006 8:39 pm

Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Christian Wilhelmsson and Olof Mellberg have been sent home from Sweden's national team preparations for the Lichtenstein game on Wednesday. The reason is reportedly a late night out, due to the birthday of Olof Mellberg. The players were out until 01.00 without drinking, according to Swedish media. They weren't surposed to leave the hotel after the NT's late evening meeting at 23.00.
Has anyone seen the Limecat?

Plaats reactie