Grab Bag Of Random Posts

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » di dec 19, 2006 5:13 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:You serious? Are you going to study at the University for Agriculture over there? Cool, man. Less than an hour by train. That's easily within 'season ticket range'! :D
You're right man, that's exactly what I'll do from January to the end of June... if I find a room over there. And that's a big problem. I even drove to Wageningen on last Saturday and found nothing. But if I find a room in time, I hope there will be some time and money left to go to Amsterdam regularly... :blush:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo dec 20, 2006 6:06 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaxJ_b3MyCU

God what a jerk.... But those voices... Oh Lord those voices...
meh :|

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » za jan 13, 2007 12:04 pm

I do believe that the sales of Ko's book (Vak127) must be slowing down as the book is 4th prize in the latest edition of the Ajax Supporters magazine crossword puzzle. :D
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

ajaxusa
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Re: Computer repairman needed

Bericht door ajaxusa » za jan 13, 2007 12:31 pm

m BZ schreef:Back to "ajax usa's" topic at the top.

How do you contact the computer repairman?

My computer is out of order, that guy can touch whatever he wants if he can get my old Dell Dimension 4100 working again.

My boobs are almost 50, not very big and covered with some hair. Whatever it takes to get the old PC going is on the table.
Ah, thanks Mystery Man. I needed a good laugh. Strange times at work, and the pipes have frozen here at home. No water. Let's hope they don't burst! (Yes, it does get that cold in Cali, once in a while.)

Re your signature, Bob... WTF was Joan Collins doing in Detroit?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 13, 2007 2:45 pm

What is the news on Ko's book being published in english ?????????????

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jan 13, 2007 2:50 pm

As this site has big connections in USA what do you over there think of Beckham moving to USA soccer ??.

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » za jan 13, 2007 5:45 pm

SPL schreef:As this site has big connections in USA what do you over there think of Beckham moving to USA soccer ??.
I think it's kind of weird but exciting, and anything that makes Americans pay attention to their own soccer league is a good thing. The last time a soccer story got this much attention from the general public was when Zidane went mental.

What'll be interesting is... the first time he scores a goal, and his teammates go to hug him. Will he be all "Don't touch me!"?

But if it turns out he a Scientologist, I'll never stop throwing up.

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za jan 13, 2007 6:09 pm

I think Beckham's transfer won't give MLS a big kick in the sport case. His best years are passed, and the only thing why Galaxy took him is money. People in Los Angeles may more often go on the stadium - just to see this famous 'football Barbie doll' from England = more cash from the tickets sale. The same would be on the other stadiums.

It is possible that Galaxy would get more $$$ from the shirt sales. When they gave him numer 23, it could be easier. When they gave him numer 99 - the cash from shirt sales will rise in USA and Canada ;) .

There is only one more thing. Victoria Beckham always dreams about music career in USA, and she has never done it. She wasn't popular in United States even when Spice Girls were on the top in Europe. Maybe she knows that it could be her last chance to make the dream come true. Mrs Adams has a big influence on David, so I could risk that she was a person who forced Beckham to play in LA.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » zo jan 14, 2007 4:09 pm

It's official. Us far-flung non-Dutch Ajax fans are not the only mad people out there.

I just finished reading this book that I got in Dublin written by an Irish guy from Waterford, South East Ireland who supports Exeter City! Really good book, he's had to re-mortage his house several times and take out loans and credit cards and all sorts to pay to go to see them. He was writing it at the time Exeter fell out of the league and still went, even in the Conference league.

Totally mad bloke but still my kind of guy!

The book's called "Life as Brian" (he is Brian Kennedy) - I think the title went a long way towards drawing my attention on the bookshelf :blush: :D
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di jan 23, 2007 10:32 am

From the bbc website.

"Dutch brewers launch dogs' beer

A small brewery in the Netherlands has launched a new beer designed to bring cool relief to thirsty dogs.
Kwispelbier, marketed as "a beer for your best friend", is made from a special brew of beef extract and malt.

The beverage is a creation of pet shop owner Gerrie Berendsen, who wanted her dogs to share light refreshments with her after a day's hunting.

The beer is non-alcoholic and fit for human consumption, but costs four times as much as a Heineken.

"Kwispel" is the Dutch word for wagging a tail.

Ms Berendsen, who lives in the eastern town of Zelhem, commissioned the small local Schelde brewery to make and bottle the beer.

"Once a year we go to Austria to hunt with our dogs, and at the end of the day we sit on the verandah and drink a beer. So we thought, my dog also has earned it," Ms Berendsen told the Associated Press. "

Any takers...?

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » wo jan 24, 2007 7:03 pm

Just pressed the button "I Feel Lucky" on google for Ajax - this is what it came up with:-

Ajax, shorthand for Asynchronous JavaScript and XML, is a web development technique for creating interactive web applications. The intent is to make web pages feel more responsive by exchanging small amounts of data with the server behind the scenes, so that the entire web page does not have to be reloaded each time the user requests a change. This is meant to increase the web page's interactivity, speed, and usability.

The Ajax technique uses a combination of:

XHTML (or HTML) and CSS, for marking up and styling information.
The DOM accessed with a client-side scripting language, especially ECMAScript implementations such as JavaScript and JScript, to dynamically display and interact with the information presented.
The XMLHttpRequest object is used to exchange data asynchronously with the web server. In some Ajax frameworks and in certain situations, an IFrame object is used instead of the XMLHttpRequest object to exchange data with the web server, and in other implementations, dynamically added <script> tags may be used.
XML is sometimes used as the format for transferring data between the server and client, although any format will work, including preformatted HTML, plain text, JSON and even EBML. These files may be created dynamically by some form of server-side scripting.
Like DHTML, LAMP and SPA, Ajax is not a technology in itself, but a term that refers to the use of a group of technologies

Wow - sounds impressive :headbang:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jan 25, 2007 10:53 am

Over Pasanens Head schreef:Just pressed the button "I Feel Lucky" on google for Ajax - this is what it came up with:-

Ajax, shorthand for Asynchronous JavaScript and XML, is a web development technique for creating interactive web applications.
Hehe, you might want to check the disclaimer at the bottom of the Ajax USA homepage, mate... ;)

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » do jan 25, 2007 8:05 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Over Pasanens Head schreef:Just pressed the button "I Feel Lucky" on google for Ajax - this is what it came up with:-

Ajax, shorthand for Asynchronous JavaScript and XML, is a web development technique for creating interactive web applications.
Hehe, you might want to check the disclaimer at the bottom of the Ajax USA homepage, mate... ;)

K.
What's funny is that I had told you all about it a long time ago, because back then I was using it in my web applications.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » vr jan 26, 2007 1:42 am

As a sidenote

GO MICHEL PLATINI!!!![/b]

foxflyer5
Contacteer:

Bericht door foxflyer5 » di jan 30, 2007 6:20 pm

heres a random query:

anyone out there collect footballing magazines?
anyone subscribe to or have access to France Football?

it would cost quite a hefty sum to have it shipped to the united states.
just wondering if someone would want to do a trade every few months.
i have 442, World Soccer, and Champions magazines to go your way.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo jan 31, 2007 9:28 pm

The Eredivise lost it's only permanent (as opposed to on loan) English player today - Michael Ball has signed for Manchester City from PSV......

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 317819.stm

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jan 31, 2007 10:32 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:The Eredivise lost it's only permanent (as opposed to on loan) English player today - Michael Ball has signed for Manchester City from PSV......
... and what a superstar he was... :D

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo jan 31, 2007 10:47 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
SE6Ajacied schreef:The Eredivise lost it's only permanent (as opposed to on loan) English player today - Michael Ball has signed for Manchester City from PSV......
... and what a superstar he was... :D

K.
Yeah, that's true. It was sort of good that he was there though. There are several Aussies, Americans, Canadians etc but apart from Man United players on loan at NEC there don't seem to be many Brits. Odd really, given the geographical proximity and player traffic in the other direction.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » vr feb 09, 2007 9:51 pm

This is a great site http://www.hansvandermeer.nl/

Mr v.d Meer is a professional photographer from Holland. Lot's of football stuff on here as well as other things from Amsterdam and around the world.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr feb 09, 2007 11:08 pm

SE6Ajacied schreef:This is a great site http://www.hansvandermeer.nl/

Mr v.d Meer is a professional photographer from Holland. Lot's of football stuff on here as well as other things from Amsterdam and around the world.
That's a great site! I loved the pictures of amateur games, and the American West as well -- it is where I'd live if my job didn't keep me elsewhere.

I'd seen the book on the Montserrat - Bhutan match and didn't realize he was behind it.

All in all, a great find! :xyxthumbs:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » za feb 10, 2007 12:01 am

aveslacker schreef:
All in all, a great find! :xyxthumbs:
That's what I thought, I've seen the football grounds book in London (arty shop - quite expensive) and the Amsterdam one too.

I'd like to claim total credit for finding the site but must mention 'When Saturday Comes' footy magazine.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma feb 12, 2007 8:34 am

I've think I've found the crossover between our Ajax and the Java script thingey.

This is a computer course but there's a rather familiar red and white shirt in there as well.....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CURSO-DE-AJAX-Mas ... dZViewItem

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma feb 12, 2007 4:15 pm

Cedric_AeF - I note the last 2 very interesting signatures at the bottom of your posts - whats the background to these?

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » ma feb 12, 2007 7:53 pm

Over Pasanens Head schreef:Cedric_AeF - I note the last 2 very interesting signatures at the bottom of your posts - whats the background to these?
Don't remember the previous, but I guess that present signature ("Turfgrass expert") is connected to his studies (agriculture). Am I right, Cedric?

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma feb 12, 2007 10:38 pm

You're right indeed. I've a (small) report to do for my studies and I chose the artificial turf vs. true grass topic, with, of course, the Amsterdam ArenA in mind... So I'm currently reading a lot of stuff about this and I have to summarize that by thursday. X'C
I will probabably have to conclude that "fake grass" is the best solution for such stadiums as the ArenA :pukey: but I guess you don't need to do a huge study to say that... :blush:

And my previous signature was "Ajax - Feyenoord !!!" and a rant over Chipknik, Pin, Maestro and NS. The first part was because I managed to be there after some troubles. The second part is because I'm truly annoyed with the fact you can't use a credit card for everyday life in this country. It's even worse when you have to take the train in stations where there are only machines to buy tickets : you just can't if you don't have a "typical dutch" card.

That was my life... Now it's time to go back to work. ;)
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Plaats reactie