Former Ajax Players

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

DanK

Bericht door DanK » ma nov 06, 2006 10:35 am

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:Maybe someone from national team was on a Celtic's game against Benfica in Champions League. It was a quite good game of Sno...
One of our football reporters reviewed this game also said Sno was outstanding and probably best on ground. 1 game does not a call up make imo though.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di nov 07, 2006 7:13 am

Remarkable statement from Clarence Seedorf, yesterday in Voetbal Insite on RTL5 TV. As you know Seedorf is one of the Oranje veterans who are now out of favour.

Seedorf announced that he would love to go to Beijing with Young Oranje in 2008, to play at the Olympics. Ruud van Nistelrooy has said the same thing.

According to FIFA rules every U-21 team at the Olympics is officially allowed to field three older players. Seedorf, Van Nistelrooy and Van Bommel, perhaps? Marco van Basten doesn't want them anymore, but Young Oranje boss Foppe de Haan has said that he is definitely interested in this option.

K.
Still alive...

Frans

Bericht door Frans » di nov 07, 2006 9:26 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Remarkable statement from Clarence Seedorf, yesterday in Voetbal Insite on RTL5 TV. As you know Seedorf is one of the Oranje veterans who are now out of favour.

Seedorf announced that he would love to go to Beijing with Young Oranje in 2008, to play at the Olympics. Ruud van Nistelrooy has said the same thing.

According to FIFA rules every U-21 team at the Olympics is officially allowed to field three older players. Seedorf, Van Nistelrooy and Van Bommel, perhaps? Marco van Basten doesn't want them anymore, but Young Oranje boss Foppe de Haan has said that he is definitely interested in this option.

K.
Will AC Milan and Real Madrid be as keen on this happening?

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo nov 08, 2006 2:35 pm

Frans schreef:
Kowalczyk schreef:Remarkable statement from Clarence Seedorf, yesterday in Voetbal Insite on RTL5 TV. As you know Seedorf is one of the Oranje veterans who are now out of favour.

K.
Will AC Milan and Real Madrid be as keen on this happening?
Well in the past both teams have played a lot off preseason matches in china, i dont think it should be a problem.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » wo nov 15, 2006 1:29 pm

Our old friend from Ajax (and my favourite player) - Michael Laudrup - was named the best player ever in Denmark. His brother (also ex-Ajacied), Brian, was on the second and Peter Schmeichel on the third place.

afckeeper95

Bericht door afckeeper95 » wo nov 15, 2006 9:38 pm

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:Our old friend from Ajax (and my favourite player) - Michael Laudrup - was named the best player ever in Denmark. His brother (also ex-Ajacied), Brian, was on the second and Peter Schmeichel on the third place.
Schmeichel should have had 2nd spot, not the wancker kid brother. All due respect to Laudrup, but I still think that was total snup for Sophus "krølben" Nielsen who was the first player ever to score 10 goals in an international (Denmark beating France 17-1 in the 1908 Olympics) :yes:

(If nothing else because his nickname is literally curly-leg, how can you stop a guy nicknamed curly-leg :worshippy: :xyxthumbs: )

;)

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do nov 16, 2006 1:37 pm

Seeing the DUTCH U21 team the following all came through our youth system

Boy Waterman

Dwight Tiendalli

Robbie Schilder

Shejill MacDonald

Milano Koenders
Quincy Owusu

Current Ajax players Vermeer on the bench.

Koenders was under contract with us last season played a few reserve games and sold to RKC and is now an U21. Like Tiendalli and Sno we did not give him a chance!!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do nov 16, 2006 1:38 pm

Seeing the DUTCH U21 team the following all came through our youth system

Boy Waterman

Dwight Tiendalli

Robbie Schilder

Shejill MacDonald

Milano Koenders
Quincy Owusu

Koenders was under contract with us last season played a few reserve games and sold to RKC and is now an U21. Like Tiendalli and Sno we did not give him a chance!!

FlaFlu

Bericht door FlaFlu » do nov 16, 2006 6:18 pm

It seems to me like none of them have the talent to become top notch players though.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » di nov 28, 2006 2:03 pm

koeman wants to loan maxwell.

now he's going too far

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di nov 28, 2006 5:12 pm

SPL schreef:Seeing the DUTCH U21 team the following all came through our youth system

Boy Waterman

Dwight Tiendalli

Robbie Schilder

Shejill MacDonald

Milano Koenders
Quincy Owusu

Owusu Abeyie has potential, and Schilder showed some moderate potential as well. I dont think they can become star playes but i do think they could become reliable players for the orange in the future :yes:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za dec 02, 2006 6:31 pm

According to www.pilkanozna.pl Betis Sevilla want to buy Nourdin Boukhari from Nantes. The transfer is almost done and he will join Betis for something about 2 mln pounds.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za dec 02, 2006 8:23 pm

PSV want Rasmus Lindgren and the price of 5.5m euros is mentioned!! They also want Maxwell and VD Meyde! Add Culina Kluivert Reitzeiger and that is quite an impressive list of old boys!

Given that our midfield is struggling it does seem strange that we let Lindgren go in the summer and now the lightbulbers want him!!

A question are Roger and Gabri any better than Lindgren ?????

It is one thing me making comments about youths leaving and making it but we let this guy go on loan and he has obviously improved after less than 18 months at Groningen.

dws

Bericht door dws » za dec 02, 2006 11:21 pm

Would there be dancing in the streets of Worthing if Ajax signed Lindgren, Maxwell and Van der Meijde? :D

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo dec 03, 2006 4:08 pm

As Worthing are near the bottom of their league and have a piss poor coach
I do not think anyone would complain if we signed those 3.Wouldn't be able to pay them is the problem.

The real point I was making is that PSV are looking like champs again but the coach is looking at old Ajax players even though Kluivert and Reitzeiger have not played much and Van Der Meyde , if he signed ,has not played much since leaving us .Maaxwell hasn't played much this season either.

I have seen Groningen a couple of times on Channel 5 and Lindgren looks ok nothing more but I was surprised to read that Psv are looking at him.Had he stayed would he have been as good as say Roger or Lindenbergh or maybe Gabri??

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » ma dec 04, 2006 9:22 pm

Naughty Rafael and Hamburg's horror season continue...

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 62&cc=5739
Portland Timbers FC - AFC Ajax - Southampton FC

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo dec 13, 2006 1:18 pm

Netherlands mourns Van der Hart

Article:

http://www.uefa.com/footballeurope/news ... &att=index

RIP
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » za dec 16, 2006 9:54 am

Peter Storrie, a Portsmouth's director, said that Nwankwo Kanu will definietely stay in club at least to the end of the season. There were rumours that Kanu would back to Ajax this winter, but - as we can see - it's not possible now...

Edwin van der Sar extended his cotract with Manchester United for one year.

RosenbergSpits

Bericht door RosenbergSpits » za dec 16, 2006 5:39 pm

Although i would be delighted when Kanu will join Ajax, i think it won't be possible untill Huntelaar leaves Ajax. Kanu is simply to good to sit on the bench, just like KJH

ajax-erie

Bericht door ajax-erie » ma dec 25, 2006 8:09 pm

If we are going to lose Huntelaar next year?? then maybe a swap for Kanu
and $$$ would make sense.....
ONCE AJAX-ALWAYS AJAX

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma dec 25, 2006 8:20 pm

ajax-erie schreef:If we are going to lose Huntelaar next year?? then maybe a swap for Kanu
and $$$ would make sense.....
but I don't think KJH will go to Pompey somehow.....
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

ajax-erie

Bericht door ajax-erie » ma dec 25, 2006 8:45 pm

Any truth to the Manchester United rumour for Huntelaar??Or will he go to an Italian club- I think Van Basten will influence his decision- Van Basten did say he thought Huntelaar should stay at Ajax
for 1-2 years prior to the World Cup......
ONCE AJAX-ALWAYS AJAX

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » di dec 26, 2006 1:18 am

When KJH will leave us, he will definetly go to England. He and his agent said that. and his playing style is very british, so i think england is best place to play for him, after he leaves ajax

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di dec 26, 2006 11:46 pm

I think the KJH to Man U is just paper talk. He certainly wont end up there .He needs to spend this season and next at Ajax before considering a move to a higher league.It does seem strange that at Herenveen no one knew who he was but suddenly half aseason at Ajax and the whole world wants to buy him.
Except of course that is only paper talk as no club has ever approached us.

Back to Kanu he is doing well at Pompey but is looking for more money so i cannot see how we come into things. If we keep KJH to summer of 2008 before selling then Kanu would still be a good signing even then.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma jan 01, 2007 3:25 pm

Website of french sports newspaper L'Equipe reports that Nwankwo wants to come back home. He's scored 9 goals so far this season, so maybe he's still got what it takes. I don't know, he really seems keen on such a transfer, so why not...
meh :|

Plaats reactie