Ajax Coaches

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr okt 05, 2007 8:19 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Henk ten Cate's departure has now been confirmed by NOS Teletekst. It's official. No report on Ajax.nl just yet, but that's a matter of time.

K.
the sooner the better, and I hope he takes everyone currently in charge away with him !
Appie, stay strong !

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr okt 05, 2007 8:22 am

philippe schreef: Bring Blind back now !
How did I know you would suggest that???? :wink.gif:

And before you say anything...I admit that HTC was not an improvement on BD as coach...I won't go as far as to say we should have kept Blind in charge 'cause I really thought there was an issue...but your concerns regarding HTC have proven to be correct.

Just one comment on Jol.... DON'T DO IT!!!

He's a nice chap, knows football, done well at Spurs....but they need someone of a higher pedigree to fix things at this point. Jol will fail I fear (and given the more structural issues it probably won't be his fault).
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr okt 05, 2007 8:29 am

Manneken Pis schreef: your concerns regarding HTC have proven to be correct.
very sorry to hear that, and my concerns are not only about HTC but about the Ajax current policy as a whole : they chose short term financial profit over sport

and there is the result
Appie, stay strong !

Azeri
Contacteer:

Bericht door Azeri » vr okt 05, 2007 9:04 am

I insist - FABIO CAPELLO to :ajaxscarf.gif:

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr okt 05, 2007 9:20 am

philippe schreef:
very sorry to hear that, and my concerns are not only about HTC but about the Ajax current policy as a whole : they chose short term financial profit over sport

and there is the result
I'm honestly not sure it's just about short term greed (maybe a bit of that tho') as much as a more general malaise...
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » vr okt 05, 2007 10:24 am

It's lack of self confidence is what it is. In their heart of hearts the committee doesn't really believe that Ajax can compete, they no longer believe that Ajax is a serious player internationaly.

Of course that becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » vr okt 05, 2007 10:50 am

I put forward the name of Foppe de Haan as an interim coach. This guy is the best around and appears to me to believe in the style of play that we want to see at Ajax.
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr okt 05, 2007 10:50 am

Manneken Pis schreef:I admit that HTC was not an improvement on BD as coach...
When it comes to European football that's right, but on a domestic level, the Ajax of Ten Cate was never as crap as under Blind.
Now, Jol & co are not particularly attractives imo...
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » vr okt 05, 2007 11:00 am

At 12.30 (that about 30 minutes away) there will be a pressconference at Ajax. Nobody knows for sure what's going to be said, but sources indicate that Ten Cate will start monday at his new club Chelsea...

nindamaged

Bericht door nindamaged » vr okt 05, 2007 11:18 am

Lens insisted the Dutchman’s ambition is to help Grant build a new Chelsea team that will play spectacular football — and fulfil billionaire owner Roman Abramovich’s dream.

Ten Cate had a long meeting with Grant and they mapped out how they would work together.

Lens added: “It’s a big opportunity for Henk with big players. I’ve known him a long time. You can see how he plays the game tactically.

“Look at Ajax last year. The season before they finished fifth and with Henk they were joint top and only lost out on the title by one goal. Although he helped knock ajax out of europe twice and bought a relic striker and a shit defender from the english first division he can do well"

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr okt 05, 2007 12:30 pm

There was a press conference at the Amsterdam ArenA and HTC said that there is no agreement with Chelsea and that it looks like he will finish the season.

Mind you: that's just a smoke screen.

They're talking, they're working out the details and it will be official soon enough.

K.
Still alive...

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » vr okt 05, 2007 1:23 pm

Hi Ko..
any ideas on the successor of HTC? marco van basten more than adriaanse or jol?
O tempora o mores

JohnyAjax

Bericht door JohnyAjax » vr okt 05, 2007 3:24 pm

Dont understand one thing: why are you speaking so confidently of Jol
becoming the new manager?! Unfortunately, we stand far, far away
from Tottenham. There are a better club by a lightyear. Yeah, the painful
truth of what we have become.

All I mean: it will be Jol who rejects us, not we who reject him.
Kowalczyk schreef:There was a press conference at the Amsterdam ArenA and HTC said that there is no agreement with Chelsea and that it looks like he will finish the season.

Mind you: that's just a smoke screen.

They're talking, they're working out the details and it will be official soon enough.

K.
Ten Twat is a fucking idiot. He dares to stay until he's finished his shitty
deal with Chelsea. If he was a respectable man - he'd go NOW before
any club has showed interest. But he proves once again he is NOT.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr okt 05, 2007 4:01 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:
Manneken Pis schreef:I admit that HTC was not an improvement on BD as coach...
When it comes to European football that's right, but on a domestic level, the Ajax of Ten Cate was never as crap as under Blind.
Now, Jol & co are not particularly attractives imo...
Uh yes .... what are talking about : being sacked from all eurpeans competitions ? or ? :eusa_silenced.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » vr okt 05, 2007 4:38 pm

Azeri schreef:I insist - FABIO CAPELLO to :ajaxscarf.gif:

I agree, but I do not think he would come. I'd take Jose as well. I don't think Jol is a bad coach either. If HTC stays like he says, I think that Neeskins will follow in HTC's footsteps from Barca. I'd like his partner Frank more though.

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » vr okt 05, 2007 4:48 pm

JohnyAjax schreef:
Ten Twat is a fucking idiot. He dares to stay until he's finished his shitty
deal with Chelsea. If he was a respectable man - he'd go NOW before
any club has showed interest. But he proves once again he is NOT.
Dont think this has anything to do with respectability by the guy - Henk resigns now and goes to Chelsea then Ajax left with eff all.

Ajax sound out new manager now and wait until until Chelsea make official approach then Chelsea have to buy out remainder of Ten Cates contract.

I think that everybody at Ajax knows Ten Cate is going to move on, no point in firing him and having to give him a chunk of cash as compensation. Have patience and get some cash out of him leaving - keeps everybody happy - fans happy he is gone and new manager, Ajax happy cos they get cash for him.
O would some power the giftie gie us to see ourselves as others see us.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr okt 05, 2007 4:59 pm

forget about the compensation, fuck the cash, we've got plenty from our brillant recent transfers

we need a new start NOW
Appie, stay strong !

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » vr okt 05, 2007 5:17 pm

philippe schreef:forget about the compensation, fuck the cash, we've got plenty from our brillant recent transfers

we need a new start NOW
so says the man who wants Danny Blind brought back - some new start.

Aye i believe there will be a new start, and I would rather we took time to do it and get the right person than go down the type of route you propose which would create more havoc.

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » vr okt 05, 2007 5:19 pm

So HTC goes, we get in a new coach, he waves his magic wand and hey presto we are winning every game in the league and cup with breathtaking football and recording 10-0 wins. Next season we carryon this form and wipe out all opposition by similar scores of 10-0 in every game in every competition. In fact this form rubs off all the way down to the under 8's (if we have such a team) and they also smash every team in the same style.

And all this because HTC has gone - it makes you wonder why didn't we do this earlier.
I tell you why ......... because life is just not like that and I would recommend a few people change their rose-tinted glasses of Ajax to a more realistic pair. A little bit of patience wouldn't go amiss either.
Have a nice weekend and here is to 3 points on Sunday. Hup Ajax :ajaxscarf.gif:
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr okt 05, 2007 5:30 pm

jamcocteau schreef:
philippe schreef:forget about the compensation, fuck the cash, we've got plenty from our brillant recent transfers

we need a new start NOW
if I remember correctly you were among the unconditionnal HTC fans not long ago, so if I were you I would not make it personnal, and act like the smart guy

no hard feeling, but we're in deep shit due to (many) wrong choices, don't you think ? because it's not only about HTC, it's about this suicidal policy of short term money making transfers too
Appie, stay strong !

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » vr okt 05, 2007 5:44 pm

philippe schreef:
jamcocteau schreef:

we need a new start NOW
if I remember correctly you were among the unconditionnal HTC fans not long ago, so if I were you I would not make it personnal, and act like the smart guy

no hard feeling, but we're in deep shit due to (many) wrong choices, don't you think ? because it's not only about HTC, it's about this suicidal policy of short term money making transfers too
I am not acting any sort of smart guy, I posted what I thought was quite a reasonable response to the current situation. I see no logic in firing people when nothing is there to replace them at the moment - if there was an obvious successor i would have no problem in firing HTC, whom I have not been an unconditional fan of either as my mates can confirm, but then i dont always post all my concerns about Ajax on here.

Re making it personal, maybe you should read what you write first - i was going to reply to your suggestion last night about bring back Blind but having actually been at the game I had neither the strength nor was in the mood to do so.

Getting away from any personality side, can I ask a simple question.

Who do you want to replace HTC and further more who would you suggest we bring in to replace the current board. Cos personally I am stumped for either - no name for manager or board members spring to mind.

Have a nice weekend :ajaxscarf.gif:

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » vr okt 05, 2007 6:20 pm

Well, sorry I lost my temper.
I was not serious when I suggested to bring Blind back, not because I doubt he would do a good job, but because I don't think he would accept.
Sure there is no obvious name to replace HTC, but it does not matter to me : we need to create a shock, to show that no matter what we can not accept to fall this low !
There was no name for replacement when we sold Sneijder, just for the money, was there ?
Appie, stay strong !

jamcocteau

Bericht door jamcocteau » vr okt 05, 2007 6:45 pm

philippe schreef:Well, sorry I lost my temper.
I was not serious when I suggested to bring Blind back, not because I doubt he would do a good job, but because I don't think he would accept.
Sure there is no obvious name to replace HTC, but it does not matter to me : we need to create a shock, to show that no matter what we can not accept to fall this low !
There was no name for replacement when we sold Sneijder, just for the money, was there ?
See this is where the quandry lies, yes we have been awful in europe this season but we are still top of the league and should be there looking at the games for at least another month. This is not in my opinion an all time low, only my opinion though.

Ten Cate is finished at Ajax no doubt, one way or the other. The only option is how he is replaced, when and by whom. this is why in my first post I think the board are waiting for the Chelsea approach, gives them time to look and get money, not perfect for all but in todays world alas one which is expected.

I dont think by sacking Ten Cate at moment there is anyone else at the club who would be a suitable replacement even in short term, and this is no slight against Danny Blind but it did not work when he moved up after Koeman's departure. And I dont think anybody wants to see a totally rudderless club at this moment in time either.

Re sale of Sneijder, and again only my opinion, is that the speed of the thing took everyone by surprise esp after Sneijder himself stated he wanted to wait another season. I am sure if he had been sold 3 weeks earlier a suitable replacement would have been found, lol then again maybe not. That is why i would rather have someone in charge until replacement is found for Ten Cate

Anyway enjoy your weekend and heres to a victory on Sunday

:ajaxscarf.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr okt 05, 2007 6:57 pm

Biggest problem is that if he goes there is no one to replace him at the present time.We are all pissed off because we have been knocked out of Europe twice but we are top of the league inspite of Colin playing!

We probably are asking too much of Ajax because of our great record in Europe.No one expects a 1970's repeat because a JC and that team only appear once in a lifetime.At club level only the Real Madrid team of the 1950's is rated better.

I think because the 1995 team came along and won the CL we may have greater expectations still. Trouble is since then Bosman has come along
and we have suffered more than any other team. Also wages in England have gone through the roof thanks to Sky and Holland has been left behind in the wages stakes.

Before Bosman and back in the 80's only the big 2 in Spain and the main 3/4 in Italy ever attracted the main Ajax/Dutch players but now every team in EPL will pay £40000per week to average players.We cannot compete.
Ryan Babel is a case in mind. He has potential but does not score many goals.
Instead of staying here for another couple of years Liverpool offer him a signing on fee of £2m and £40000 a week.He now sits on their bench every game and does not really have to bother any more.5 years at Liverpool and he can retire rich.

We cannot compete with wages and will never be able to build and keep a team like the 1995 one again.

However it does not mean we cannot at least win our league regularly
and compete in Europe like PSV. We are a bigger club with more money but
when you compare what they have achieved over the last 3 seasons we should be able to do the same even if we still have to sell the Wesley's.

Winning the league regularly and getting to the last 16 in CL would probably satisfy most on this site !!!
Winning the CL would still be the dream for all of us though.

Thats my thoughts and rambles for today.

I await being shot down !!!

nindamaged

Bericht door nindamaged » vr okt 05, 2007 7:01 pm

you pretty much summed it all up dude.

We dont expect Ajax to win everything but we want a team that can do us proud and they are not reaching their expectations.

Hup Ajax

:ajaxscarf.gif:

Plaats reactie