Steven Pienaar

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr dec 16, 2005 11:48 am

Well, according to my understanding, Pienaar is out for something like 6 weeks.... He injured himself against Vitesse, but I don't understand what is his injury.
I'm afraid it might delay the transfer...

BTW, I have a lot of trouble connecting this forum. Most of the time, the server is down... :nooo:
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » za dec 17, 2005 3:36 am

Ajax's Steven Pienaar is to join German outfit Borussia Dortmund.

The South African midfielder is out of contract in the summer and has turned down the offer of a new contract.

Arsenal, Manchester City, Juventus, Celtic, Real Betis and Werder Bremen had all been keen - but Dortmund look to have won the race.

Dortmund will now try to broker a deal with Ajax for Pienaar to move in January, but should a move not materialise - then he will sign a pre-contract and move in the summer.

The German club are currently locked in talks with Atletico over the departure of Tomas Rosicky and his move could finance Pienaar's deal.

Dortmund's Dutch coach Bert van Marwijk is keen to raid his homeland for talent and has already secured the signature of Matthew Amoah from Vitesse Arnhem.

Now Pienaar is also joining and his Ajax team-mate Nigel de Jong could follow suit.

De Jong is also out of contract and Dortmund are looking to beat a host of clubs to the Dutch international's signature.
Get a Cock

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » za dec 17, 2005 4:53 am

ZoefdeHaas schreef:
Ajax's Steven Pienaar is to join German outfit Borussia Dortmund.

The South African midfielder is out of contract in the summer and has turned down the offer of a new contract.

Arsenal, Manchester City, Juventus, Celtic, Real Betis and Werder Bremen had all been keen - but Dortmund look to have won the race.

Dortmund will now try to broker a deal with Ajax for Pienaar to move in January, but should a move not materialise - then he will sign a pre-contract and move in the summer.

The German club are currently locked in talks with Atletico over the departure of Tomas Rosicky and his move could finance Pienaar's deal.

Dortmund's Dutch coach Bert van Marwijk is keen to raid his homeland for talent and has already secured the signature of Matthew Amoah from Vitesse Arnhem.

Now Pienaar is also joining and his Ajax team-mate Nigel de Jong could follow suit.
De Jong is also out of contract and Dortmund are looking to beat a host of clubs to the Dutch international's signature.
I have said it once and i'll say it again, these guy's should get married before they leave the Netherlands. Jesus their worse than the De Boer twins, at least they were brothers.I can bet a thousand bucks De Jong wouldent be so anxious to leave if Pienaar was staying.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za dec 17, 2005 12:41 pm

I think Nigel would do better in Germany than just being a bench warmer at Moan U .

Although Pienaar is injured for up to 6 weeks that brings us to week ending 21 January . After today the next German League games are on 28TH January so it should not stop any transfer.

PS If he is fit for the African Nations that finishes on 11 FEB so he would not miss more than 4 games for Dortmund.

Hopefully he will sign for them in JAN.

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo dec 18, 2005 1:38 am

I agree with both of you, especially VA about the De Jong sniffing Pienaar's ass, I mean cmon give me a break.
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di dec 20, 2005 2:59 pm

Nice one. The KNVB prosecutor has come to the conclusion that there is not enough evidence for a case against Steven Pienaar. He will not be suspended for kicking out at Stijn Vreven.

Remarkable, I must say. I think there was more than enough reason to hand him a suspension, compared to previous cases (including Twente's N'Kufo). I think the KNVB are giving him a break here because they understand that it would be a little bit silly if Pienaar (not Vreven) would be suspended for what happened between the two of them.

Anyway. Maybe it doesn't even matter. He's injured now and who knows he'll be gone in two weeks' time anyway.

K.
Still alive...

Feest

Bericht door Feest » di dec 20, 2005 3:05 pm

I wouldn't call it remarkable, rather disgraceful and unacceptable.

Let's say we ended up in a (bar)fight, Ko.

You kick me in the nuts and I retalliate by stabbing you in the liver. Should I not get punished then?

I've never heard the plea 'well, he started', in front of a judge/jury. Only in front of your 'rents when you're six years old.

:nooo:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di dec 20, 2005 3:20 pm

Steef schreef:I wouldn't call it remarkable, rather disgraceful and unacceptable.
I didn't say I think it's acceptable, Steef...
You kick me in the nuts and I retalliate by stabbing you in the liver. Should I not get punished then?
I see your point, but this analogy is hardly accurate. Vreven committed several extremely nasty fouls and Pienaar retalliated by making a 'kicking movement' but missing his target. Not exactly a 'stab in the liver'.

Let's say that the argument of the KNVB is a bit stinky here. But on the other hand: it would have been really bitter if that f*cking animal Vreven got off with a warning -- and Pienaar with a three game suspension. This is a moral point I'm making here, as a person. I totally agree with you that a prosecutor shouldn't argue that way.

K.
Still alive...

AjaxPDX

Bericht door AjaxPDX » di dec 20, 2005 9:14 pm

In addition to getting Pienaar, looks like Dortmund have also agreed terms with Amoah from Vitesse. Amoah will move to Germany in January, but this article indicates that Pienaar will not move until the end of the season in the summer.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 16&cc=5739

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » wo dec 21, 2005 7:42 pm

Yep it's on the Ajax-Usa website, looks like were getting nothing, nada zippo for him...crap :nooo:
BRING IT ON !!!!...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do jan 05, 2006 9:10 pm

Interesting article from the Ajax Cape Town site regarding Pienaar's possile move to Dortmund.

"Steven Pienaar

Borussia Dortmund have said that they are open to every solution regarding the start of Pienaar's Dortmund contract.

The deal is however dependent on the future of Dortmund's Czech midfielder Tomas Rosicky (who has been in contact with several clubs including Arsenal FC and Atletico Madrid recently).

Dortmund regard Pienaar as Rosicky's successor, they would be keen to see Pienaar join them already this month if Rosicky would've been another club at the same time.

Dortmund's future was in the balance at the start of 2005 and the German FA threatened to relegate them after they had to admit massive debts. To calm things down, Dortmund had to fullfil a couple of demands. One of those demands was to cut down the massive debt they had incurred.

To do so they made different decisions. One decision was to pawn the transfer rights of Rosicky. Albert Sahle, an estate agent from the town of Greven in Germany, gave them 10 to 12 million Euro in exchange. for the rights to Rosicky's contract.

So if they sell Rosicky now, they first have to give Mr. Sahle his money back and therefore they need to receive more than those 10 to 12 million Euro from a club for Rosicky. If they don't, they would still owe Mr. Sahle money. This is something they definetely want to avoid and therefore they won't sell Rosicky for less than the demand of 12 million Euro they seem to asked from Atletico Madrid.

The whole situation is a bit complex but the club is definitely interested in Pienaar, only that they have to sort out the contract with Rosicky.
"

I wasn't aware of the complex situation with Rosicky's contract before.....
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr jan 06, 2006 12:24 am

Basically Dortmund are skint and even if Pienaar signs this month I doubt we will see much money. 1m Euros at best.

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » vr jan 06, 2006 1:33 am

SPL schreef:Basically Dortmund are skint and even if Pienaar signs this month I doubt we will see much money. 1m Euros at best.
Even that is whishful thinking. If we get over half of the 1 milion you mentioned from Dortmund for Pienaar I'll buy you a big ice cream.

bryan

Bericht door bryan » vr jan 06, 2006 12:55 pm

Selling Rosicky for 12 million and buying Pienaar for 1 million, that's good business. Who are the schmucks who helped make it possible? Oh yeah...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr jan 06, 2006 4:39 pm

Dortmund's future was in the balance at the start of 2005 and the German FA threatened to relegate them after they had to admit massive debts. To calm things down, Dortmund had to fullfil a couple of demands. One of those demands was to cut down the massive debt they had incurred.
I don't think "Dortmund" and "good business" belong in the same sentence. They haven't sold Rosicky, they have refused to accept less than 12 million for him because that is what they need to pay back the guy who bailed them out of crippling debt, i.e. their loan shark. I'll take Ajax, a club on solid financial footing, over Dortumund any day when it comes to business practices.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

bryan

Bericht door bryan » vr jan 06, 2006 8:44 pm

I said that the particular example of selling Rosicky for 12 million and buying Pienaar for 1 million is good business.

I didn't say that Borussia Dortmund are an example of a good business in general.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » za jan 07, 2006 3:12 am

Maybe - if Dortmund can actually sell Rosicky for that much. And if they do, that just settles one of their debts. Personally, I wouldn't think Rosicky is worth that kind of money, but I admit that I haven't seen too much of him and could be very wrong.

And I would be very surprised if we even got 1 million for Pienaar.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jan 18, 2006 7:24 pm

We already knew he had a sort of gentlemen's agreement with 'em, but now it's official: Steven Pienaar signed a three-year at Borussia Dortmund today. He will join them in the summer. This report was published on the English version of their official website today:

http://www.borussia-dortmund.com/?%9F%2 ... i%EE%85%9B

It's also up as a news link on Ajax USA.

K.
Still alive...

bryan

Bericht door bryan » wo jan 18, 2006 9:04 pm

good luck to him. a great player destined for great things.

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » wo jan 18, 2006 9:30 pm

bryan schreef:good luck to him. a great player destined for great things.
Mmmmh. I have to disagree here. With all due respect, he was pretty much never GREAT for Ajax. He had his good phases, but overall he really underachieved.

Plus he's injury prone, he needs to bulk up and he couldn't shoot the ball with some decent power to save his life.

He was a good player to me, nothing more.

But anyway, good luck to him.
meh :|

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jan 19, 2006 12:30 am

I would agree with carcajou as above .

Are the rest of you happy that he will continue to play for us having already signed for someone else. Not sure if we have had a player in this position since the 1990's possibly!!.

I would not pick him again this season but if Ajax were to take that attitude they may as well let him go now for free, after all Dortmund are skint
and could not even afford a million euros to buy him now.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do jan 19, 2006 6:58 am

Most of the time he was either a right winger that couldn't cross or a 'number 10' that couldn't score. An extremely talented chap, but a number 10 that scores three or four goals a year... that's simply not enough. In recent months he seems no longer intgerested in playing for Ajax. This transfer is a good thing. He was a good player, but it's time for him to move on.

We should have gotten a decent fee for him, of course, but that's another story...

K.
Still alive...

Gesloten