Nog steeds eens met Boem.

En met niemand anders!

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » zo mar 11, 2007 6:04 pm

"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di apr 03, 2007 7:01 pm

Just to say that on Sat the A1 team lost to Twente/Heracles(their youth are combined) 3-1 and we are 2nd 5points behind Twente.

Our team contained most of the youngsters just being given contracts and had a strong midfield of Anita Sarpong Donald!!!

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di apr 17, 2007 1:40 pm

Personally, I find it very cool that Ajax still have an amateur section at De Toekomst, and I am particularly proud of the fact that the first team of the amateur section, known as the Ajax Saturday-1 amateurs, currently play on the highest level of Dutch amateur football, the Hoofdklasse ('Top Class'). This is unique in Dutch football and something to be proud of.

They're not a top side over there (Ajax may be Holland's biggest professional football club; they're only a small amateur club), but it seems like they will once again survive on the highest level. Here's the table in the Saturday Hoofdklasse, division B.

1. IJsselmeervogels: 22-50
2. Nunspeet: 22-42
3. Spakenburg: 22-42
4. Sparta Nijkerk: 22-39
5. Quick Boys: 22-39
6. Hoek: 22-35
7. GVVV: 22-32
8. Ajax: 22-27
9. Kloetinge: 22-24
10. Bennekom: 22-23
11. Huizen: 22-21
12. Geinoord Nieuwegein: 22-20
13. VVOG: 22-17
14. SSV '65: 22-5 (relegated)

K.
Still alive...

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » za mei 19, 2007 7:14 pm

A few weeks I posted a bit prematurely a list of players that would leave Ajax at season's end. I was wrong for at least 1 guy as Liesdek (left back) signed for two years.

On another topic, I'm just back from the Terborg Tournament and Ajax A1 didn't exactly shine... Yesterday, they had drawn against Zambia (1-1) and today I saw them play again Atletico Mineiro and p$sv.

Against the brazilians they were outplayed during the whole first half (25 minutes each) and managed to concede only 2 goals. They improved their game in second half but only shot twice, and only one of them was on target and it was well saved. Final score : 2-0.

Then, it was PSV. Ajax played better than in the morning, the game was tight, but at half-time, they were again down, 1-0 this time. A few minutes after the break, they struck back with a header from close range (1-1) and 10 minutes from time, Yildirim delivered a long low shot to score the 2-1. At that time, they had (at least) good chances to play the semi finale. But in the last minute or so, Ajax conceded a stupid clumsy goal : the keeper (not Van Duin, I didn't know him) didn't looked great... It was a low sloooow shot from distance. It didn't seem dangerous but it was enough to eliminate Ajax : 2-2. Tomorrow, they will play De Graafschap for the fifth place.

Jong kakkerlakken will fight against Zambia to avoid the bottom place, they lost the 3 games. The semis are Atletico against Boca Juniors and Chelsea vs their 'sister club'.

As a sidenote, I was really surprise when I saw good old Danny Blind sit a few meters away from me this afternoon. Sjaak Swaart and all the Essel Sports Management and Ajax gang were also around me...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jun 09, 2007 7:10 pm

If any one wants to know who are in our reserve and youth squads for next season Ajax Showtime have already listed them and if you click on their names it shows nationality(nearly all Dutch of course) dob and positions.

I see an article where Daley Blind, Danny's son, was tapped up by Arsenal, but he decided to sign for us.Arsenal do seem the worst team in Europe for not developing local talent but just going abroad and pinching players from other teams.Chelsea and Liverpool are catching up fast but to be fair Moan U do have mainly British youths.

We are going to have to be careful with any young talent in future as these English clubs are like vultures.

Julius

Bericht door Julius » di aug 14, 2007 11:53 am

Hi guys, I have a question about a young lad named Vasil Shkurti. He is albanian and 15 years old (striker). Is he ufically an Ajax player or not?
I would be very grateful to know.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma sep 17, 2007 7:13 pm

I will continue the thread about young Dutch.
I made a comment a week or 2 ago saying that our youth system is full of Dutch mainly from a radius of 20 miles from the Arena.Is this sufficient and should Ajax be looking further a field? Our Cape Town connection would appear to be a waste of money as Pienaar and now Lewis are the only 2 from that source.(Moekona and McCarthy came from there a few years ago)

Our Belgium connections are now dwindling, other than the 3 mentioned in our first team squad the only remaining Belgium in our youth set up is Alderweireld( sorry I should have looked up the correct spelling ) who is in our reserve team.

How do the Dutch guys on this site feel about the youth set up containing plenty of African, South Americans,and East Europeans? Mind you 5/6 years ago we had several Ghanaians and Nigerians in our youth set up but they did not really make the grade.Ikedia and Qwanseh era.

We do not appear to be producing real talent from locals so I think our scouts should look further afield.

One big difference in Holland is the vast amount of youths compared to English system. In England you have just an U18 team with no more than 20 players , this is for Man U or my local team Brighton.
Ajax have B1 A2 A1 teams which are u17, U18 and u19 basically and 18 in each squad so 3 times the youth as atop English club.

English clubs have to sort the talent out earlier and promote youths to the reserves at 18 .

The bottom line is we all want to see teams with local kids but winning is now the only thing that matters and to get it it appears you have to look over the whole world.

Random thoughts from me but pick holes in it and continue with the
debate.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » ma sep 17, 2007 7:53 pm

I know for sure that Ajax has the entire country (Holland that is) in its scope and we can safely say that Ajax has the best players of Holland in its youth system. All the other clubs, except for maybe psv en feyenoord, are dealing with the "left-overs".

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di sep 18, 2007 8:13 pm

We now have a 5th contracted Belgium , who is basically a home player.

Richard Danilo Maciel Sousa Campos( what a magic name!! )

Wamberto's 17 year old son is reported to now have a Belgium passport
and playing for Belgium u19.( Hope my translation is correct)

I did pick up last week that he was on international duty and knew he was not listed in dutch u19 side and assumed he was not in any Brazilian side as he has lived in Europe several years.Was going to post a question but now have the answer.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » za sep 22, 2007 6:42 pm

Ajax A1 seem to be really crap this season. They only have 4 points out of 6 games and I don't think they managed to win a game so far. Today, they lost against Kakkerlaken 1-4...
Ajax scored first (Erixon Danso) but they conceded 4 goals afterwards...

The team :

Roy Ouwerkerk; Deniz Aslan, Ismo Vorstermans (40. Johan Kappelhof), Toby Alderweireld, Darryl Lachman (69. Kevin Huisman), Frank Olyve (58. Joël Tillema), Jordy Schell (69. Vlatko Lazic), Danilo Sousa Campos, Daley Blind, Rafael Uiterloo, Erixon Danso.

K.J. Huntelaar

Bericht door K.J. Huntelaar » za sep 22, 2007 10:06 pm

My friend on a Slovene forum is asking about apparently a little star in Ajax II-->Remon Olij. Do u know him? I'm not sure the name is correct. :confused.gif:

He is 15 years old... and he appparently scored and immediate hat-trick right when he entered the game in 5 mins...

:hypocrite.gif:
Absolute Ajax and Olimpija Ljubljana Fan

Van der Vaart

Bericht door Van der Vaart » za sep 22, 2007 10:38 pm

Without Leandro Resida ,this A1 Ajax is tottally crap

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo sep 23, 2007 8:32 am

SPL schreef:I will continue the thread about young Dutch.
I made a comment a week or 2 ago saying that our youth system is full of Dutch mainly from a radius of 20 miles from the Arena.Is this sufficient and should Ajax be looking further a field? Our Cape Town connection would appear to be a waste of money as Pienaar and now Lewis are the only 2 from that source.(Moekona and McCarthy came from there a few years ago)

Random thoughts from me but pick holes in it and continue with the
debate.
Amsterdam is one of the best places for street football and young players , and remember that Holland is a tiny country, no matter how bad our scouts are youngsters from either side of the country will be watched. I don't think Ajax aren't looking hard enough in Holland, theyre simply not broadening their options. As we all know, China and such are the future, but have Ajax sent heavy scout missions to the orient? no. Ajax dont even send big missions to Latin America. I dont know for sure why Ajax aren't scouting so heavily abroad, perhaps the thinking of the people behind the scenes is getting Dutch talent, but we're not seeing many good ones at the moment.
Get a Cock

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » vr nov 02, 2007 11:39 am

An article from FIFA.com about De Toekomst : Grooming talent the Ajax way

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr nov 02, 2007 12:15 pm

Hi Cedric I had already found the article and read it really interesting and worth the read of everyone on this site.

PS I'm no good at putting links on this thread so pleased you have already posted it with the link.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma nov 05, 2007 5:46 pm

Cruyff, Frank Rijkaard, Marco van Basten, Dennis Bergkamp, Edgar Davids, Clarence Seedorf, Patrick Kluivert, Frank and Ronald de Boer, Marc Overmars, Danny Blind and Edwin van der Sar. All scaled the heights at Ajax and all began their careers there...
Afbeelding
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » di nov 06, 2007 12:25 pm

Overmars is my all time favourite player. He's a legend :headbang.gif:
Get a Cock

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma nov 26, 2007 7:50 pm

Just to say that the A1 team beat Fword A1 team in the youth cup on Saturday. What ever the level it is always good to beat the scum from Rotterdam.

My main point in posting is an article in todays Telegraph by Don Howe the old Arsenal favourite about how to put English football right.

Developing youth the continental way he quoted-
"developing skilful young footballers no one seems to do it better than AJAX. This Dutch club always seem streets ahead.

He did not quote any other clubs in his article just our little club.

This is not the only time since last Weds that the words teaching our English youth the Ajax way has appeared in print.

As an Englishman who loves Ajax I take great pride when I read such comments about this club.

We may never produce another CL winning team from our youth but long may this beautiful Dutch club continue with its youth system and be quoted as an example of a youth system to the world.

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » di nov 27, 2007 8:38 am

SPL schreef:Just to say that the A1 team beat Fword A1 team in the youth cup on Saturday. What ever the level it is always good to beat the scum from Rotterdam.

My main point in posting is an article in todays Telegraph by Don Howe the old Arsenal favourite about how to put English football right.

Developing youth the continental way he quoted-
"developing skilful young footballers no one seems to do it better than AJAX. This Dutch club always seem streets ahead.

He did not quote any other clubs in his article just our little club.

This is not the only time since last Weds that the words teaching our English youth the Ajax way has appeared in print.

As an Englishman who loves Ajax I take great pride when I read such comments about this club.

We may never produce another CL winning team from our youth but long may this beautiful Dutch club continue with its youth system and be quoted as an example of a youth system to the world.
It's always nice to read articles like that. And with a bit of luck with Platini's (chairman of the UEFA) plans, Ajax might be a force to be reckoned within the future.

Platini wants to stop the exile of talented youthplayers. Arsenal is draining the French youthsystem and the whole of Europe is shopping in Amsterdam...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo dec 09, 2007 5:13 pm

Just to say that Wesley Sneijder's 16 year old brother Rodney made his debut for the A1 team yesterday. I think I read earlier in the season that he is more talented than Wesley was at 16.We shall see.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo jan 20, 2008 3:30 pm

I noted a report yesterday that we are having to give contracts to several members of our B1 team.In the recent Euro U17 qualifiers the Dutch team had 6 Ajax kids and another Sneijder was injured.It appears we have some real talent in our U17's and the foreign clubs are scouting.

Arsenal Chelsea and Liverpool are the worst as ManU do not have too many overseas in their youth and tend to buy players at 18.In todays Mail there is an article about the aggressive tactics Arsenal used too get Nacer Barazite from NEC when he was just 16.

Last summer Chelsea took a 16 year old from Fword and a 17 year old from PSV.

I understand that you cannot get full contracts in Holland until you are 18 but 3 year contracts were given to the following: Anita when aged 16 ! Sarpong and Goossens months before their 18th, and last summer Blind
and Sousa Campos when they had only just passed their 17th.

Trouble with giving 16 year olds contracts is that they may not develop on
and at 19 could be not good enough for the reserves. Ajax have to give contracts to this years crop of 18/19 year olds but it looks as if they will have to dish out a record amount of contracts to 16 year olds!!

There is no point in having a great youth system if you are going to lose players at 16.

I believe that UEFA should do something about it as it is the English clubs who mainly steal other youths . Barcelona have suffered from losing lads like Fabregas Mereida( both at Arsenal) and Pique at Man U .

The only way would be if England also only give full contracts at 18 and not 17 and can only pay 16/17 year olds a basic youth salary .Then they would have to start signing kids locally and only get overseas at 18 when they would have to pay a proper transfer.

For the record the 7 Dutch u17 at Ajax are

Rodney Sneijder, Geoffrey Castillion, Lorenzo Burnett,Jeffrey Dekker,
Ricardo Van Rijn all of whom will be 17 by the end of this seaon plus 2 kids who are not 17 until the end of the year Roly Bonevacia and Lorenzo Ebecilio.

PS UEFA.COM gave a full round up of the U17 Dutch games plus who played, the same for the U19 and u21 where there are not so many Ajax players.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jan 21, 2008 9:48 pm

Re-posting...
neiln schreef:sorry to be a pain, but can someone remind me of the birth dates, to dutch teams to ajax teams and also who they play against?

i know they have players in each age group a yr younger and keep them for 2 yrs...(ie 14yrs old playing in u16 as the ?2 age grp then moving up to the ?1grp before moving to next age group 2 yrs younger) is this right? until U19 where they then move to jong ajax or ressies?
Welcome to the Ajax Talk board, neiln. Wonderful to have you here.

One thingy: try to post your comments in questions in exisiting topics as much as possible. This question first perfectly into the Ajax Youth thread. It's just a little houserule, in orde to keep the English Zone 'tidy'. You'll get used to it... :smallgrin.gif:

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jan 22, 2008 7:01 pm

Today Ajax gave a 3 year contract to 16 year old Rick Schouw a midfielder
from our B1 team. He has played for the Dutch u17 but not this season.

The U17's are playing a tourny in Spain next month and the 7 Ajax boys I mentioned above are all included.Would imagine Ajax will hopefully sign most of these 7 on contracts in the next month .

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jan 22, 2008 7:58 pm

SPL schreef:Today Ajax gave a 3 year contract to 16 year old Rick Schouw a midfielder from our B1 team.
Normally Ajax start giving professional contracts to players of the A1 team (age 17/18). Now they're signing up a whole bunch of B1 boys, who are 16 or 17.

The reason for that: expectations of the current B1 crop are very high. Everybody within the club has been aware of this for several years: the crop that is currently the A1 is not very special (relatively poor), but the crop after that (today's B1) really is something. People are raving about Wesley Sneijder's younger brother, and Castillion and Dekker, in particular.

Foreign clubs are aware of this already. There are more scouts from the U.K. and Spain on the stands for B1 games than for A1 games. Which is unusual.

K.
Still alive...

Plaats reactie