Wesley Sneijder

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do mar 30, 2006 10:57 am

Back in November when he signed an extension he said he did not want to join abig club just yet to sit on the bench or palmed off on loan. I believe at the time Chelsea were sniffing around. What has now changed? He also said then he was not ready to leave AJAX yet.

What has happened , MONEY. Never mind he will only sit on the bench.

If he believes he will not get picked ahead of Perez he is a complete idiot. Given his injury record this season Ajax obviously need a more experienced standby than a17 year old out of the A1 team.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » do mar 30, 2006 3:44 pm

Is anyone seriously thinking that Sneijder wants to leave right now? I don't get that impression at all.

These are just rumors.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma sep 04, 2006 9:35 am

Wonderful news, ladies and gentlemen... Ramona Sneijder has (finally) given birth to a perfectly healthy son, named Jessey. Jessey kept us waiting a little bit longer than expected. During the last two Ajax games, team manager David Endt was sitting behind the goal with Wesley Sneijder's cellphone, so that he could run off the pitch immediately.

Sneijder missed Holland's trip to Luxembourg this weekend. He will be available for Wednesday's home game against Belarus (and of course Ajax's next home game against Vitesse).

Congrats, Wez. Nice one.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma sep 04, 2006 9:49 am

Congratulations Sneijder! :bis:
Get a Cock

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » ma sep 04, 2006 9:32 pm

CONGRATULATIONS Ramona and Wesley !!! Glad everyone is fine. Welcome to the world Jessey Sneijder,free kick artist and Ajax debutant, 2023. :yes:
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr sep 15, 2006 10:50 am

Apprently Joan Laporta say's Barca is interested in signing Sneijder.

There's no real evidence, but the paper "Marca" stated it.
Get a Cock

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » do okt 05, 2006 8:32 am

Wesley has been sidelined for a few days after several Utrecht players kicked the shit out of him, especially Van Dijk who almost broke a few of his ribs.

Sneijder has now recovered completely and he is back with the Oranje squad for Bulgaria.

Meanwhile, Van Dijk has been handed a five game suspension by the KNVB for his moronic foul. Nice one.

K.
Still alive...

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » vr okt 13, 2006 5:40 pm

According to www.eredivisie.pl, AC Milan want to buy Wesley Sneijder. The website says they offer 10 mln euro for him. If Ajax accept it, Sneijder will go to Italy after this season.

Good news is that Sjaak Swart denies it and says that no club contacts with Wesley at the moment...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo okt 15, 2006 5:51 pm

AsgAarD_xxx schreef:According to www.eredivisie.pl, AC Milan want to buy Wesley Sneijder. The website says they offer 10 mln euro for him. If Ajax accept it, Sneijder will go to Italy after this season.

Good news is that Sjaak Swart denies it and says that no club contacts with Wesley at the moment...
Certainly not for 5 million euros. :nooo: :pukey: 15 million, maybe.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo okt 15, 2006 11:56 pm

I think that Sneijder will leave at season's end. It's inevitable and I can live with it - that is: if Ajax keep a few things in mind.

1. He will have more than just one season left on his contract, which means we demand a BIG fee - not a price that is 'reasonable' or 'in accordance with the current market' or something like that (one word: Zlatan). If interested clubs don't want to pay that kind of money, we just tell them to GO AWAY. We don't have to sell Wesley. You can always say 'no' and keep him.

2. Absolutely, and I mean absolutely NO talks in January. The only Ajax stuff for sale during the season is the merchandise at the Ajax Fanshop. The January transfer window is a relatively new thing - and it's bollocks. We do not acknowledge it, period. We think in seasons and there will be no talks halfway a season.

In practice, it's really simple. Here's a simple checklist for the Ajax management.

- To clubs showing up at season's end, we say:
"He's got a deal until 2010, so the fee will have to be at least 15 million."

- To clubs showing up in January, we say:
"We are not sure what it's like in your country, but over here we're in the middle of a football season. So: NO - GO AWAY. Come back in June."

Really ain't that difficult if you ask me.

K.
Still alive...

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma okt 16, 2006 4:53 am

Well i believe that Zlatan's reasonable price was 16 million(?) so for Wesley my Price would be 20 M$ I mean its been 3 years since Zlatan left and you know what inflation does too econimics :D. This a player that everybody is going too want too have, we need too be tough when selling him.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma okt 16, 2006 12:50 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:I think that Sneijder will leave at season's end. It's inevitable and I can live with it - that is: if Ajax keep a few things in mind.

1. He will have more than just one season left on his contract, which means we demand a BIG fee - not a price that is 'reasonable' or 'in accordance with the current market' or something like that (one word: Zlatan). If interested clubs don't want to pay that kind of money, we just tell them to GO AWAY. We don't have to sell Wesley. You can always say 'no' and keep him.

2. Absolutely, and I mean absolutely NO talks in January. The only Ajax stuff for sale during the season is the merchandise at the Ajax Fanshop. The January transfer window is a relatively new thing - and it's bollocks. We do not acknowledge it, period. We think in seasons and there will be no talks halfway a season.

In practice, it's really simple. Here's a simple checklist for the Ajax management.

- To clubs showing up at season's end, we say:
"He's got a deal until 2010, so the fee will have to be at least 15 million."

- To clubs showing up in January, we say:
"We are not sure what it's like in your country, but over here we're in the middle of a football season. So: NO - GO AWAY. Come back in June."

Really ain't that difficult if you ask me.

K.
I agree with you, Ko, although I think Ajax can get morethan 15 million for him, particularly if he continues playing well.

And while it is hard to speculate about what the people in charge of such things will do, they have earned enough credit from me that I believe they will do the right thing in this respect.

Question:

Who would Ajax be better off keeping for one or two more years? KJH or Wesley?

I'd say KJH because he is such a rare talent, and Ajax already have midfield backup.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma okt 16, 2006 2:30 pm

I'd say Sneijder, there aren't many good midfielders that are willing to go to Ajax, and not even many good Dutch ones in that matter.

Strikers is an easier job to find than the sort of midfielder Sneijder is.
Get a Cock

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma okt 16, 2006 6:41 pm

Agree with Ko. One site yesterday reckons Barca will offer 22m Euros plus Saviola!!! I think the 22m will be a fair price.

I note one site today says Moan U would have to pay at least 20m Euros for KJH (see my posting yesterday) and certainly not in January. This weeks Milan rumour is 8m Euros for Babel!!! Not sure what planet Milan are on as they were rumoured to be offering 10m Euros for Wes. !!!

If any big rich club wants any of our players I would say 20m euros is the starting price for any of them.

In the last 3/4 years we have been giving players away and that includes the 15m Euros for Zlatan( we finally get our full money in about 2 years!!) The 3 players above will all move to richer clubs over the next 2/3 years so Ajax must get max amounts for them.

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » ma okt 16, 2006 6:50 pm

Ajax problem has always been the lack of a real goal scorer now we finaly have one, Talented midfielders always come up from the youth system meanwhile strikers dont (or havent recently). If Wesley goes we still got the up and coming Vertonghen and Sarpong both very talented players who could replace in a not so distant future our Wesley, in the meantime Perez could take his plave while the latter two mature a bit more.
BRING IT ON !!!!...

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma okt 16, 2006 7:01 pm

Venezuelan Ajacied schreef:Ajax problem has always been the lack of a real goal scorer now we finaly have one, Talented midfielders always come up from the youth system meanwhile strikers dont (or havent recently). If Wesley goes we still got the up and coming Vertonghen and Sarpong both very talented players who could replace in a not so distant future our Wesley, in the meantime Perez could take his plave while the latter two mature a bit more.
I agree, Perez would be a capable replacement for Sneijder while some youngsters are brought into the scheme. That said, hopefully the club waits until the summer to even think about selling Wesley. It is not like they're in a hurry to unload him.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » di okt 17, 2006 6:05 pm

My hat is also thrown in with Ko's comments. Also ,the kind of $$$$$$$ being talked about will help ensure Ajax can afford quality replacements on the transfer front and continue to put money into their youth system. What Ajax makes... the world takes .
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » vr okt 20, 2006 3:35 am

Someone also said that Clarence Seedorf may come back to Ajax to replace Wesley Sneijder at the end of the season, I would want Stijn Schaars personally. But yeah I agree with everyone we have to get heluva lot of money out of Wesley Sneijder, I think he will go to barcelona, because Ronaldinho and Deco are not happy because of the politics with the staff members/board members, they would probably go to AC Milan and Internazionale respectively.

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » zo nov 12, 2006 11:48 pm

Sneijder has a knee injury and he will be examined tomorrow. Clarence Seedorf would be his replacement in Oranje...
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Ayman

Bericht door Ayman » ma nov 13, 2006 12:45 am

Cedric_AeF said
Sneijder has a knee injury and he will be examined tomorrow. Clarence Seedorf would be his replacement in Oranje...
I thought Clarence Seedorf was discarded by Van Basten ages ago, and reiterated it recently. :mods:

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma nov 13, 2006 10:16 pm

I've been in touch with Ajax's team doctor today - and the injury is nothing too serious. Wes is gonna skip the Holland friendly, but that's it. He'll be available for Twente on Sunday.

K.
Still alive...

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » ma feb 12, 2007 10:28 am

Get a Cock

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo feb 18, 2007 12:36 pm

Rodney Sneijder, the youngest of the Sneijder bros, was part of a promising U16 Dutch side!

Rumour has it that he's even better than Wesley :D
Get a Cock

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » zo feb 18, 2007 2:22 pm

ZoefdeHaas schreef:Rodney Sneijder, the youngest of the Sneijder bros, was part of a promising U16 Dutch side!

Rumour has it that he's even better than Wesley :D
Is he in the Ajax youth setup somewhere?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » zo feb 18, 2007 2:41 pm

Ajaxshowtime , who list all the A1 A2 B1 B2 players show him in the B2squad. ie all born in 1991 and U16.

Gesloten