Former Ajax Players

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » wo jun 27, 2007 4:12 pm

Wikipedia says De Ridder is about to sign for Birmingham City (Yay!)

Sportsweek say he's just about to sign for Beitar Jeruzalem (booooh.)

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo jun 27, 2007 6:48 pm

The Purple Cow schreef:Wikipedia says De Ridder is about to sign for Birmingham City (Yay!)

Sportsweek say he's just about to sign for Beitar Jeruzalem (booooh.)
Not sure about Wikipedia as a source for transfer gossip but seeing De Ridder in the English league would be great so I hope it's true.
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

Daniel

Bericht door Daniel » wo jun 27, 2007 6:57 pm

De Ridder is a typical Dutch right wing attacker, what does he has to do in the English competition? :confused.gif:

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jun 27, 2007 7:49 pm

Ajax must sign De Ridder, fer fark's sake!

K.
Still alive...

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » wo jun 27, 2007 7:56 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Ajax must sign De Ridder, fer fark's sake!

K.
Yeah - I was sort of counting that as not being an option but would be good to see him back.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » do jun 28, 2007 8:23 am

Kowalczyk schreef:Ajax must sign De Ridder, fer fark's sake!

K.
:applaus.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do jun 28, 2007 5:29 pm

There was a report in the Independent today about Thierry Henry's move to Barcelona.

It said that the deal was eventually tied up in quite a hurry and Barcelona's vice-president Ferran Soriano had to change his plans at the last minute and fly to London last Friday to tie up this deal. Apparently he had been due in Rome to negotiate with Roma for Christian Chivu!

I hadn't heard that one - would be interesting and continuing the Ajax - Barca 'tradition'.

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » vr jun 29, 2007 5:43 am

SE6Ajacied schreef:There was a report in the Independent today about Thierry Henry's move to Barcelona.

It said that the deal was eventually tied up in quite a hurry and Barcelona's vice-president Ferran Soriano had to change his plans at the last minute and fly to London last Friday to tie up this deal. Apparently he had been due in Rome to negotiate with Roma for Christian Chivu!

I hadn't heard that one - would be interesting and continuing the Ajax - Barca 'tradition'.
I've always had Barca as my 2nd team of sorts due to our connection with them and it would be brilliant if Chivu joined them. I've always hated Roma... .
AJACIED

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr jun 29, 2007 3:48 pm

Roma may be my least favorite team in the whole world.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » vr jun 29, 2007 4:58 pm

aveslacker schreef:Roma may be my least favorite team in the whole world.
Er....what about a certain team in Rottingdam?

:confused.gif:
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » za jun 30, 2007 9:39 pm

Honestly, I think I might dislike Roma more. But it's close.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » za jun 30, 2007 10:19 pm

Out of curiosity, why such a hate against A.S. Roma ?

btw, Chivu seems closer to Inter than any other clubs.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » zo jul 01, 2007 2:34 pm

Cedric_AeF schreef:Out of curiosity, why such a hate against A.S. Roma ?

Good question Cedric, because just like you, I don't understand such an irrational hatred against that club since it's pretty much the only club I like in Italy. Not involved in scandals, they're pretty entertaining on the pitch. I know I dislike Juventus (dopers, stealers, cheaters) or the two clubs from Milan much more than I dislike Roma...
meh :|

dws

Bericht door dws » zo jul 01, 2007 9:26 pm

carcajou schreef:

Good question Cedric, because just like you, I don't understand such an irrational hatred against that club since it's pretty much the only club I like in Italy. Not involved in scandals, they're pretty entertaining on the pitch. I know I dislike Juventus (dopers, stealers, cheaters) or the two clubs from Milan much more than I dislike Roma...
Carcajou, Scottish fans know of a somewhat different AS Roma to the one you portray :yes.gif:

1986 - UEFA bars Roma from their competitions for a season and president Dino Viola from UEFA activities for four years after he tried to bribe a European Cup referee in a semi-final game against Dundee United in 1982. Roma won 3-0 and 3-2 on aggregate. :ikbenik.gif: :ikbenik.gif:

link:

http://www.sportsjournalists.co.uk/blog/?p=17

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma jul 02, 2007 9:24 am

carcajou schreef: it's pretty much the only club I like in Italy.
Napoli are back in Serie A.
Appie, stay strong !

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma jul 02, 2007 10:18 am

dws schreef:
carcajou schreef:

Carcajou, Scottish fans know of a somewhat different AS Roma to the one you portray :yes.gif:

1986 - UEFA bars Roma from their competitions for a season and president Dino Viola from UEFA activities for four years after he tried to bribe a European Cup referee in a semi-final game against Dundee United in 1982. Roma won 3-0 and 3-2 on aggregate. :ikbenik.gif: :ikbenik.gif:

link:

http://www.sportsjournalists.co.uk/blog/?p=17
It was 25 years ago, as opposed to Juve and Milan AC cheating just two seasons. You know what they say, forgive and forget.

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jul 02, 2007 10:38 am

I would say Inter Milan are the only major Italian club that's relatively 'clean'. And they are also one of the very few financially solid major clubs from Southern Europe: they have the cash to actually pay for transfers on the spot, rather than start another dodgy procedure with bank guarantees, payment in several installments and that kind of crap.

Juventus, AC Milan, AS Roma... They are all a bit stinky, to say the least, which makes it kind of impossible (for me, anyway) to really love Italian football in the first place.

The only reason for me to like AS Roma is the fact that they are the real club of Rome (the 'city club') and the natural enemies of that suburban fascist scum, SS Nazio.

K.
Still alive...

carcajou

Bericht door carcajou » ma jul 02, 2007 11:20 am

Kowalczyk schreef:I would say Inter Milan are the only major Italian club that's relatively 'clean'. And they are also one of the very few financially solid major clubs from Southern Europe: they have the cash to actually pay for transfers on the spot, rather than start another dodgy procedure with bank guarantees, payment in several installments and that kind of crap.

Juventus, AC Milan, AS Roma... They are all a bit stinky, to say the least, which makes it kind of impossible (for me, anyway) to really love Italian football in the first place.

The only reason for me to like AS Roma is the fact that they are the real club of Rome (the 'city club') and the natural enemies of that suburban fascist scum, SS Nazio.

K.
I somehow doubt that AC Milan can be "not solid financially" when it's owned by Silvio Berluscolini himself (one of the biggests fortunes in the world). He could potentially wipe any dept out in a second. The fact remains that AC Milan sucks balls, but that's another story...

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » ma jul 02, 2007 11:49 am

Kowalczyk schreef: I would say Inter Milan are the only major Italian club that's relatively 'clean'. And they are also one of the very few financially solid major clubs from Southern Europe
K.
The fact remains that juventus and AC Milan are financially very solid. :huh.gif: :ikbenik.gif:
Kowalczyk schreef: The only reason for me to like AS Roma is the fact that they are the real club of Rome (the 'city club') and the natural enemies of that suburban fascist scum, SS Nazio.

K.
I fully agree with you about Lazio, except that I doubt that it's the fascist suburb against the nice city center
Appie, stay strong !

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » ma jul 02, 2007 1:26 pm

yeah, it's correct.
in the last ten years or so, the supporters of as roma has heaviliy changed.
maybe they are not nazi as ss lazio's ones, but for sure they are heavily right-oriented after a long period in which their "tifosi" were in a strong percentage affiliated to the Communist party
O tempora o mores

Cedric
Contacteer:

Bericht door Cedric » ma jul 02, 2007 2:30 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:I would say Inter Milan are the only major Italian club that's relatively 'clean'.K.
I must say I find this really curious... Let's say it was not "proved" that they were not 'clean', but I hardly believe they did nothing wrong those last few years whereas all the others were cheating.
"Geef Ajax z'n goede reputatie terug!"

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma jul 02, 2007 5:23 pm

Hatem Trabelsi has been released by Man City after a year. He made such a big fuss while leaving us & look where he's ending up.

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » ma jul 02, 2007 5:48 pm

Amol schreef:Hatem Trabelsi has been released by Man City after a year. He made such a big fuss while leaving us & look where he's ending up.
There was a piece in The Guardian today about Premier League players available on free transfers. He's on it but it says that they've offered him a new contract so not released as such, he's just not signed it so is available.

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma jul 02, 2007 6:22 pm

Sorry to be late in getting back to this. My dislike for Roma stems from watching their CL campaign a few years ago and watching them employ the most cynical tactics (feigning injury, diving, shirt-pulling, cheap shots) to preserve a 1-0 lead in the 30th minute of the game. It was just absurd and over the top how egregious these guys were.

I know that a lot of clubs pull stunts like that, but these guys were doing it nearly halfway through the first half. And I have rarely seen a display that negative since (Portugal being one exception). It was just tremendously annoying and soured me on the club ever since. Their play was the embodiment of all the negative things people say about Italian soccer.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » ma jul 02, 2007 7:47 pm

all true.
but believe me: as roma (which I "hate" too) NOW plays the best football I've seen in years. inter (which I like) also plays less cynical than in the past, but as roma last season has been simply exciting for a long time. maybe weak mentally, but mark my words: great coach.
O tempora o mores

Plaats reactie