Former Ajax Players

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma jul 02, 2007 8:35 pm

orange goblin schreef:all true.
but believe me: as roma (which I "hate" too) NOW plays the best football I've seen in years. inter (which I like) also plays less cynical than in the past, but as roma last season has been simply exciting for a long time. maybe weak mentally, but mark my words: great coach.
That's a fair point, and to be honest, I haven't seen them play in a while. I'd heard for a few years that Inter play attractive soccer. I suppose it is good that Roma have seen the light. I hope it stays that way.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Van basten

Bericht door Van basten » di jul 03, 2007 12:59 pm

birmingham city signed de ridder for three years. he went on a free transfer..

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » di jul 03, 2007 1:40 pm

well done Ajax : we did not need a right winger anyway :frusty.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » di jul 03, 2007 2:15 pm

philippe schreef:well done Ajax : we did not need a right winger anyway :frusty.gif:
What about Kennedy, Leonardo and Babel? Can't they play on the right?
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

Daniel

Bericht door Daniel » di jul 03, 2007 10:44 pm

Actually only Kennedy, Leonardo and Babel go to the inside because they are right footed. If De Mul leaves the only proper right winger we have is Kennedy, and that is too less. And thank god that we didn't get De Ridder to fill up that spot.

Philippe
Contacteer:

Bericht door Philippe » wo jul 04, 2007 10:18 am

Daniel_vT schreef: And thank god that we didn't get De Ridder to fill up that spot.
yep, guys like him, van der Vaart and likes have nothing to do with Ajax : they are not good enough :icon_mrgreen.gif:
Appie, stay strong !

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jul 04, 2007 10:53 am

Well, I wouldn't say that De Ridder was (or is) in the Sneijder/Van der Vaart category. But I do believe that Ajax dumped him too easily. He would arguably have been the best crosser in last season's Ajax squad. Better than De Mul, Mitea, Babel and Rosales, for sure.

He doesn't beat his man as easily, though. If De Mul is on fire (which he sometimes was last season; let's not slag him off) he storms past his defender as if the bloke isn't even there. De Ridder doesn't seem to do that. Didn't someone say a while ago that De Ridder is a Dave Beckham type? That kind of makes sense. Beckham is a midfielder and De Ridder has more of a forward drive, but his style of play... yeah, a bit like Beckham.

Shame he moved to Birmingham...

K.
Still alive...

GangstaRiB

Bericht door GangstaRiB » wo jul 04, 2007 11:33 am

De Ridder is going to pickup some easy cash at Birmingham, but for his carreer I doubt if this is a smart move...

De Ridder at Ajax was no succes. People who knew him from the youth academy talked about his magnificient cross, but in the first squad he never showed it.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » wo jul 04, 2007 12:40 pm

I see this more of a problem with some of our best young talent leaving well before they have had a chance to develop properly while at the club, more than a lack of talent on the players part.

I can't see him developing any further at a club like Birmingham either though. Would have been interesting to see him return for a season or two.

DanK

Bericht door DanK » za jul 07, 2007 3:51 am

Charisteas joins Nurnberg - PA Sport

Nurnberg have completed the signing of Feyenoord striker Angelos Charisteas on a four-year contract.

http://www.theworldgame.com.au/home/ind ... &cid=91390

The Purple Cow
Contacteer:

Bericht door The Purple Cow » zo jul 08, 2007 11:31 am

"Shame he moved to Birmingham... "

Oy!

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Nourdin Boukhari

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo jul 08, 2007 2:00 pm

The artist formerly known as 'Rubber Legs', and also the man with the most frequently misspelt first name in Dutch football, will return home, to the club where it all started: Nourdin Boukhari (not Norodin, Nourdine or Nordin, but Nourdin) has penned a three year contract at the 'Castle club'.

K.
Laatst gewijzigd door Kowalczyk op zo jul 08, 2007 4:07 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
Still alive...

Daniel

Bericht door Daniel » zo jul 08, 2007 3:19 pm

philippe schreef:
Daniel_vT schreef: And thank god that we didn't get De Ridder to fill up that spot.
yep, guys like him, van der Vaart and likes have nothing to do with Ajax : they are not good enough :icon_mrgreen.gif:
You can't compare Van der Vaart with De Ridder. Van der Vaart is world class, De Ridder isn't even Ajax class..

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » zo jul 08, 2007 4:26 pm

Back when VDV's form at Ajax was dipping, DRidder and Sneijder have surpassed him in talent. If DRidder had stayed and played, he wouldve been a more classy player. VDV left and is now a much better player.

Ajax were also interested in getting Daniel back, but he rejected and left to Birmingham instead.
Get a Cock

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » do jul 19, 2007 5:06 am

It seems Steven Pienaar is poised to go on a 1 year loan deal to Everton. He's had a bad year since leaving Ajax and I hope this goes through for him. Everton are my 2nd team in the EPL (after ManUnited) and I admire David Moyes approach to management. With Vogel (the ex-P$V) defensive midfielder joining them today and ex-Ajacied Andy VanDerMeyde working very hard to come back to full fitness, I forsee a good year for the Toffees. So long as they can get a good injury free run, their first 11 is as good as any other.
AJACIED

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » do jul 19, 2007 6:45 am

ofey schreef: I forsee a good year for the Toffees. So long as they can get a good injury free run, their first 11 is as good as any other.
I wish Everton luck. Would be nice to see another team at the top for a change but I'm not sure I can follow that statement. Not a big fan of Moyes btw though, due to his Preston North End connections :1evil.gif:
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » vr jul 20, 2007 9:42 pm

ofey schreef:It seems Steven Pienaar is poised to go on a 1 year loan deal to Everton. He's had a bad year since leaving Ajax and I hope this goes through for him. Everton are my 2nd team in the EPL (after ManUnited) and I admire David Moyes approach to management. With Vogel (the ex-P$V) defensive midfielder joining them today and ex-Ajacied Andy VanDerMeyde working very hard to come back to full fitness, I forsee a good year for the Toffees. So long as they can get a good injury free run, their first 11 is as good as any other.
Go Tim Howard!
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SE6Ajacied

Bericht door SE6Ajacied » di jul 24, 2007 8:52 pm

We've been discussing this regarding Everton and Pienaar and the deal was completed today http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 908257.stm

What with de Ridder as well there are gonna be a whole load of ex Ajax players in England next season.

The Mirror and the Times that I read in the dentist waiting room both had Patrick Kluivert linked with a move to Sheffield Wednesday as well. Appartently they're looking to offer him a trial - I wonder what his ego will make of that - still hard to believe that he's only 31 btw....!
Forza Haarlem. HFC Gone but not forgotten!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jul 26, 2007 6:05 pm

Just jotting down ex Ajax in England.

Babel, V D Meyde, Pienaar,Melchiot,Kanu,Mido,De Ridder,McCarthy plus some who did not make our first team Moekona, Ooijer Landzaat.

More obscure names from our youth set up have recently signed Sergio Hellings at Leicester Sherjill Mac Donald at West Brom Jordy Brouwer Liverpool
(reserve team ) and today Gerard Aafjees has joined Falkirk in Scotland from Volendam .Evander Sno another ex youth is now at Celtic.

So there is now a growing list of ex Ajax over here.I am sure there will be 1or 2 others I have forgotten.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jul 26, 2007 6:09 pm

I was looking through the Arsenal mag as they had an article about Marc Overmars.Quite interesting. He is now back in Holland in the property business with his father and brother and is also a director of Go Ahead Eagles his first club..

dws

Bericht door dws » do jul 26, 2007 9:14 pm

SPL schreef:Just jotting down ex Ajax in England.

Babel, V D Meyde, Pienaar,Melchiot,Kanu,Mido,De Ridder,McCarthy plus some who did not make our first team Moekona, Ooijer Landzaat.

More obscure names from our youth set up have recently signed Sergio Hellings at Leicester Sherjill Mac Donald at West Brom Jordy Brouwer Liverpool
(reserve team ) and today Gerard Aafjees has joined Falkirk in Scotland from Volendam .Evander Sno another ex youth is now at Celtic.

So there is now a growing list of ex Ajax over here.I am sure there will be 1or 2 others I have forgotten.
Denny played a few minutes v's Borussia Dortmund in Champions League QF 1995/96.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr jul 27, 2007 2:21 am

Is Edwin van der Saar still in England?
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » vr jul 27, 2007 3:43 am

Blind3 schreef:Is Edwin van der Saar still in England?
Yes, he's still the Man United Number 1.
AJACIED

ofey
Contacteer:

Bericht door ofey » vr jul 27, 2007 3:44 am

Our former spiritual leader Christian Chivu looks set to join Maxwell and Zlatan at Inter.
AJACIED

ZoefdeHaas

Bericht door ZoefdeHaas » vr jul 27, 2007 11:35 am

SPL schreef:I was looking through the Arsenal mag as they had an article about Marc Overmars.Quite interesting. He is now back in Holland in the property business with his father and brother and is also a director of Go Ahead Eagles his first club..
yeh when he retired after euro 2004 they had a whole "why we will miss marc overmars" article on the bbc.

he was, and still is, my favourite player. brilliant guy. miss him
Get a Cock

Plaats reactie