Christian Eriksen

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: Christian Eriksen

Bericht door SPL » zo jun 19, 2011 3:32 pm

He has a contract until 2014 and has always indicated that is how long he will stay .If he continues to improve next season and has a good Euro 2012, if Denmark qualify ,then he could move then.
If we are lucky he could stay until 2013 but then we will have to extend his contract and that may prove a problem.
Bottom line lets enjoy next season as it may probably be his last.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » zo jun 19, 2011 7:22 pm

Judging by the matches he played in the U-21, he still has a way to go before he can take command of a match. He's also not the rugged type of midfielder who will do well in England and his best opportunities will be in Spain or Germany where the games are more open. If I had to guess based on his current level of ability, I would think he needs at least two more years with Ajax. Remember that Sneijder stayed until he was 23.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma jun 20, 2011 8:34 am

Ajaxfanuk schreef:According to a few sources Eriksen has said he is definitely staying this season but doesnt intend to stay until the end of his contract.

We've probably got one more season i guess
Hopefully that's because he's going to extend his contract so that we can unload him to Barcelona for 9384792 million euros. :headbang.gif:
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo jul 20, 2011 11:39 am

Rumours today , starting from Denmark press, Man U will offer us 28m euros if they do not get Sneijder. This suggests Sneijder and Fabregas are only worth 10m more .They are world class he is still only promising and not the finished article.

If this were to happen then the other big clubs could well start a bidding war. I hope he stays another 2 years and becomes the finished article but even then I would hope for 40m euros max.

If we start looking at 30m now then sadly I think we should sell. Look on the black side he only needs one knee injury and he could be out a year. I pray this never happens but faced with 30m now or wait 2 more years and hope we might get 10m more sadly for me it is no brainer take Man U 's money but only a min 30m euros plus a few add ons.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo jul 20, 2011 12:10 pm

Well they really do need a central playmaking midfielder since that is the one area that is a weakness (remember how in the second half of the season they kept dropping Rooney back into that slot?). However, it strikes me that the amount of money mentioned is ludicrous; they spent maybe one fifth of that (can't remember) on Chicherito Hernandez last summer. I don't think ManU is the kind of club that will over pay (like ManCity, Barca, and Madrid). All this being said, many clubs are spending big this summer in advance of M Platini's fair play finance rules kicking in. I cannot see this happening but if €30M is on the table, the club will need to accept it.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za aug 06, 2011 11:47 am

Todays story is that he has turned down Man City. He could have taken a hugh salary and gone there but he said he is not ready for a big league yet .Hope we get 2 more years out of him.He does seem level headed ,well unique for a young footballer. Every young kid takes the money!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » za aug 06, 2011 3:42 pm

Smart move. He has a much higher profile at Ajax than he would at Man City. If he is the man at league level , as we expect he will be , and plays well on our european nights , his value can only rise.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

ajaxcolombia

Bericht door ajaxcolombia » za aug 06, 2011 3:59 pm

My GOD, what os with these freaking greedy clubs. Specially this new rich clubs like Mancheste city, think they can flash their cash and spit on all the tradition and history of Ajax, I hate it!! Glad that Eriksen is smart player, but still its kinda sad in his words you can still see we are a stepping stone. I would love to see a player with a very strong sense of identity and allegiance to Ajax. That's kinda why the Suk story was so endearing, a player from so far away who grew up admiring and aajax and wanted nothing more than to play for this team. Too bad things didn't result in such a fairy tale ending with him but I hope I make my point. FORZA AJAX!!! :ajaxscarf.gif:
Godenzonen

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di okt 18, 2011 1:47 pm

Candid talk from Christian Eriksen: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... me?cc=5901

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » do feb 16, 2012 2:19 pm

FdB thinks that Eriksen should stay at Ajax for 5 more seasons: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... ax?cc=5901 Don't think it will happen but I would be happy with 2-3 more. Eriksen is one of the few young footballers who really has a good head on his shoulders.

paladinby
Contacteer:

Bericht door paladinby » di dec 11, 2012 5:56 pm

Just read in some russian speaking media that Eriksen wants to leave this summer as he thinks that he is ready to move to a bigger league. It looks like it may actually happen but I think it's to early for him to leave.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di dec 11, 2012 6:20 pm

Based on his current play, he should stay at least two more seasons. it will also help in his physical maturity. I don't think he's ready for the English league for sure and it's not clear that either Madrid or Barca would be interested in him (I don't think he's quick enough to play in the Barca midfield). Personally, I think Viktor Fischer is likely to be a better player when all is said and done.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di dec 11, 2012 8:08 pm

From the little we have seen of him so far I think Fischer is going to be a bigger star than Eriksen . If Eriksen leaves in the summer with 1 year left on his contract I see us getting somewhere between 15 and 20m euros for him ie if his contract was longer I think we would be looking at over 20m ,but we shall see. I think he could turn out another Raffie Van der Vaart ie Hamburg Spurs level and not making the grade at Real.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di dec 11, 2012 9:16 pm

SPL schreef:I think he could turn out another Raffie Van der Vaart ie Hamburg Spurs level and not making the grade at Real.
As good a comparison as any! I just don't think Eriksen has the absolute pace or quickness to be an exceptional player. I do think he has the capability to be a very good player but it has to be in the right league and with the right team.

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do dec 13, 2012 9:38 pm

Great talent , but rarely if ever seizes a game by the scruff of the neck. Agree that he'll be very good, but not great . If he won't extend, better that we get something for him in the summer than for nbothing in '14.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » zo dec 16, 2012 10:44 am

Spurs reportedly offered 15M euros for Eriksen (transfer to be completed in January).

Ajax have - reportedly - turned the offer down: they demand 22 - 25M euros for a mid-season transfer.

All speculation, of course.

K.
Still alive...

zeux

Bericht door zeux » zo dec 16, 2012 12:05 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Spurs reportedly offered 15M euros for Eriksen (transfer to be completed in January).

Ajax have - reportedly - turned the offer down: they demand 22 - 25M euros for a mid-season transfer.

All speculation, of course.

K.

18.5m the outcome?
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » zo dec 16, 2012 1:07 pm

Please sell Eriksen and buy Adam Maher instead.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo dec 19, 2012 1:34 pm

Nice interview in The Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... iksen-ajax Still not clear if he wants to leave at this point or not. I would feel better if he extended, even if for just one more year.

zeux

Bericht door zeux » wo dec 19, 2012 3:00 pm

Orange14 schreef:Nice interview in The Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... iksen-ajax Still not clear if he wants to leave at this point or not. I would feel better if he extended, even if for just one more year.
No change, I think. If he isn't gone by january, he will certainly try to leave in the summer.
"Mensen worden door vraagtekens aan het denken gezet, niet door uitroeptekens." J.L. Heldring

LucaS

Bericht door LucaS » wo dec 19, 2012 3:40 pm

I think he will not extend and will stay until the end of his contract.
I think I lost my fucking headache

Manneken Pis

Bericht door Manneken Pis » wo dec 19, 2012 5:00 pm

Orange14 schreef:Nice interview in The Guardian: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012 ... iksen-ajax Still not clear if he wants to leave at this point or not. I would feel better if he extended, even if for just one more year.
It looks like a joint marketing initiative from his agent and Ajax to maximise the transfer fee in January to me.
Which is fine with me, Maher has been fluttering his eye lids in the press saying he's open to moving.

It's a good job the English hacks don't read reviews of his performances on here, which would be much less glowing than what the journalist wrote in the article ...

Don't get me wrong I like him, but he's a work in progress and I don't think he'll renew his contract.
He may still fulfill his potential, but he's not there yet, and we'll only get less money for him between now and the end of his current contract.
“If I wanted you to understand it, I would have explained it better.”

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo dec 19, 2012 6:21 pm

Still a work in progress and I think he will certainly be gone come the summer to England. Real and Barca wont buy him and the only other non english teams to pay big money are PSG and Bayern and I don't think he is yet good enough to be bought by them. Spurs would seem the type of club who would buy him and if he were to go in January we will get nearer 20m euros whereas in the summer 15m as he wont extend his contract.

I would like to see him go next month and we buy Maher who seems as good a prospect and we will have about 10m euros spare.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma dec 24, 2012 6:55 pm

At #74, Eriksen made the list of the Guardian's 100 best footballers: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/inte ... nteractive No other player from the Dutch league is on the list but former Ajacieds: Sneijder, Huntelaar, Suarez and Ibrahimovich are also included.

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » zo feb 10, 2013 8:35 pm

Exit Eriksen...
Ajax technical director Marc Overmars has confirmed Eriksen has declined to sign an extension to his current deal, which expires in the summer of 2014, as he is considering his future with the Eredivisie giants.
http://www.facebook.com/C.D.Eriksen?fref=ts

Plaats reactie