News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Ahmed 'Mido' Hossam

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jul 26, 2010 12:03 pm

Look who's back!

Not sure what to think, but hey: if he can be as good as in the first half of 2002... One can always hope.

His full name is Ahmed Hossam Hussein Abdelhamid, by the way. But we'll call him Mido.

Welcome back, Mido.

K.
Still alive...

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Re: Ahmed 'Mido' Hossam

Bericht door orange goblin » ma jul 26, 2010 12:12 pm

I always liked him, although he has a too big ego and maybe is completely crazy he was rated not less than zlatan. then he wasted all.
the only guarantee is that far from ajax he did his best only with mister martin jol@tottenham. and this is not a bad thing. he knows him and knows how to work with him. now be fit soon, man! and welcome to Le Pharaon!.
Laatst gewijzigd door orange goblin op ma jul 26, 2010 12:37 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
O tempora o mores

afcajax73
Contacteer:

Bericht door afcajax73 » ma jul 26, 2010 12:31 pm

agreed Mr Goblin, i think if Jol can control and motivate him then he could be a good player for us.. :blub.gif:

acab

Bericht door acab » ma jul 26, 2010 12:31 pm

orange goblin schreef:I always liked him, although he has a too big ego and maybe is completely crazy he was rated not less than zlatan. then he wasted all.
the only guarantee is that far from ajax he did his best only with mister martin jol@tottenham. and this is not a bad thing. he knows him and knows how to work with him. now be fit soon, man! and welcome.
I agree. When he wa sin Ajax with Zlatan, he was on the same level with him. True, he's trublemaker, but hey, every man grows up!

aveslacker

Bericht door aveslacker » ma jul 26, 2010 1:35 pm

acab schreef:
orange goblin schreef:I always liked him, although he has a too big ego and maybe is completely crazy he was rated not less than zlatan. then he wasted all.
the only guarantee is that far from ajax he did his best only with mister martin jol@tottenham. and this is not a bad thing. he knows him and knows how to work with him. now be fit soon, man! and welcome.
I agree. When he wa sin Ajax with Zlatan, he was on the same level with him. True, he's trublemaker, but hey, every man grows up!
I hope you're right, but I'm not holding my breath.
AFC Ajax
Landskampioen
2013-2014

AsgAarD_xxx
Contacteer:

Bericht door AsgAarD_xxx » ma jul 26, 2010 1:57 pm

I do not know what to think about this transfer. Mido had very good years at Ajax, then he was really good in Tottenham, but... it was 5 years ago. Then he couldn't find his form and there were some rumours that he may even play in polish league (which isn't a normal place for players with a really good past). He scored only 3 goals last year. And we have to notice that he played in the clubs which aren't on the european top (Wigan, West Ham)...

On the other hand - I hope that players cannot forgive how to play and he needs only a few months of normal training to back to the form.

I liked him as a player and I believe he won't be useless this season.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma jul 26, 2010 2:20 pm

The guy is a bit of a lunatic, but one thing gives me a bit of hope: he has experienced a major reality check at West Ham. Not a single club in the U.K. wanted him, so he decided to join West Ham for a salary of approximately 1,000 U.K. pounds a week. That's 52,000 a year, the lowest salary for a Premier League player.

Ajax really is his last chance (and he's only 27), and I hope he's aware of that.

He worked with Martin Jol at Spurs and was pretty good there (for a while, at least). We got him on a free transfer and I'm sure Ajax won't pay him a massive salary, so he's easy to get rid of. If he fucks up we give him a bunch of flowers and a voucher for a free cup of coffee - and it's goodbye Mido. Simple as that.

K.
Still alive...

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma jul 26, 2010 3:33 pm

Yeah I had read about his 1000 pound salary too. I still remember the championship which we had won when he was here. Everyone thought he was much better for us than Zlatan that season. I just hope we are getting a Mido who is at least 80-90% of his old self.

The one thing which does work in our favor is - Mido needs us more than we need him. I hope he knows that and doesn't forget it in 3 months.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma jul 26, 2010 3:48 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:
Ajax really is his last chance (and he's only 27), and I hope he's aware of that.
K.
As long as he doesn't turn into an Andy van der Meyde I will be happy. :smallgrin.gif:
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Think14
Contacteer:

Bericht door Think14 » ma jul 26, 2010 6:24 pm

When it looked like we wouldn't sign El Hamdaoui, I was worried about relying on Mido too much. Now that we have El Ham, it is much less of a risk. I'm more than willing to give him a shot at this point, I just hope he can revitalize his career at Ajax.

www.think14.squarespace.com

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » ma jul 26, 2010 7:39 pm

Two things I remember about Mido... The Ferrari (I walked past it once and thought, "What the fuck? He's a teenager."), and the crowd chanting "Mido, Mido, Mido..." all sing-songy, like "Ding Dong, Ding Dong, Ding Dong..."
Mark it 8, Dude.

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma jul 26, 2010 7:46 pm

According to some West Ham fansite, he has now upgraded to a sparkling white Rolls Royce
Mido is not slow to show that he doesn’t need the money. He has taken to arriving at West Ham’s training ground in Chadwell Heath in a brilliant white Rolls-Royce, often complete with an entourage of friends and advisers.

Still, he’s earned a rather unflattering nickname from the other players, in reference to his weight and style of running. Mido is known as Kung Fu Panda after the portly bear in the animation film.
:biggrin.gif:

Over Pasanens Head

Bericht door Over Pasanens Head » ma jul 26, 2010 9:12 pm

My abiding memory is him getting sent off needlessly against FC Twente when we were 2-0 down (Co's last match in charge) and us winning 3-2 with the winner beiong a screamer by Wamberto
Well rock and roll is such a crazy drug,
It wraps you up in a great big hug

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jul 27, 2010 12:29 am

Not sure he has every done anything in his career . Well nothing since he left us . Will be interesting to see him.

martinkohout

Bericht door martinkohout » di jul 27, 2010 3:08 am

Egad. I can't believe we added this guy. He's been trouble wherever he goes. Maybe BMJ can keep him in line, but I'm still skeptical.

C'mon, Kung Fu Panda - prove me wrong!
"I have the heart of a child. I keep it in a jar on my shelf." —Robert Bloch

Venezuelan Ajacied

Bericht door Venezuelan Ajacied » di jul 27, 2010 4:52 am

40 matches and 21 goals is his track record with us, so its a bargain coming in on a free transfer....mido could strike out but if he returns to form ajax will have hit a homerun :ajaxsmiley.gif: Lets hope for a deja vu !!!!
BRING IT ON !!!!...

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » di jul 27, 2010 12:04 pm

For me, it all depends on what he is paid. I hate to say it though, I don't think he will work out, nor De Ridder. They are likely to be just bench warmers. This will piss Mido off but is he going to start ahead of Hamdaoui and Suarez? I don't think so.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » do jul 29, 2010 9:20 am

The Egyptian is quoted saying that he wants to play for Ajax but the clubs have not reached an agreement. and without changes is ready to stay at Boro.
O tempora o mores

SPL

Bericht door SPL » do jul 29, 2010 7:26 pm

The only good news of the week as it looks like he may not come. What has he done since Koeman kicked him out of here ? In England he is treated as a joke and it sounds as if Middlesbrough want a bit of money for him !

cdnajaxfan

Bericht door cdnajaxfan » vr jul 30, 2010 11:54 am

Mido says he wants money and will stay there to piss boro off:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... rs&cc=5901

acab

Bericht door acab » vr jul 30, 2010 2:12 pm

I believe him for that. Boro are really shit club. Why they don't do the same what we did wity Kennedy?

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » ma aug 02, 2010 4:29 pm

It's starting to look like this thing ain't gonna happen.

Can't really care, to be honest.

K.
Still alive...

ajaxusa
Contacteer:

Bericht door ajaxusa » di aug 03, 2010 4:53 am

Before this transfer is completely dead (and Ko closes the thread), I have to tell this story, which comes from a reliable "inside" source. (I still have my tentacles...) This goes back a few years, obviously...

Right after Mido signed his first big contract with Ajax, he came into the locker room with a check for some million guilders/euros and walked up to one of the older, poorly paid Dutch players (don't know which one) and said, "I don't read Dutch, can you tell me what this means?" and showed him the check.

He was joking, of course, but still. :-/
Mark it 8, Dude.

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » di aug 03, 2010 9:22 am

he is completely mad, they tell also a story about an aggression to zlatan with a pair of scissors.
O tempora o mores

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di aug 03, 2010 4:29 pm

orange goblin schreef:he is completely mad, they tell also a story about an aggression to zlatan with a pair of scissors.
A true story, I can tell you. He actually did throw a pair of scissors at Zlatan once. In the dressing room at the ArenA.

Zlatan and Mido started a band together, after that incident: The Scissor Sisters. :drecul.gif:

K.
Still alive...

Gesloten