Christian Bager Poulsen

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Plaats reactie
orange goblin
Contacteer:

Christian Bager Poulsen

Bericht door orange goblin » wo aug 22, 2012 4:00 pm

Believe it or not, we signed this Danish International. Almost 100 games with his national team.
Well, he is 32. Big experience.
I kinda of loved him when he played at Schalke 04 and Sevilla and made Gattuso gone mad. And did the same with Totti who spat at him. Not a clean player, sometimes really dirty, but a real warrior.
Question is if he's fit. At Juventus he lost himself, as usual our championship ruins players. At Liverpool he did not impress.
Last season at Evian did pretty well but lost his spot in the first 11 of the National Team.
Very good as a backup for Enoh, risky as a starter if he's not quick as he was 3-4 years ago.
Let's see, but welcome man. I was used to like you.
Laatst gewijzigd door orange goblin op wo aug 22, 2012 4:22 pm, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
O tempora o mores

Philippe
Contacteer:

Re: Christian Bjornshoj Poulsen

Bericht door Philippe » wo aug 22, 2012 4:14 pm

Evian is not precisely a top team. Hope the guy is not already over the hill.
Appie, stay strong !

beelzebub

Bericht door beelzebub » wo aug 22, 2012 4:26 pm

What's the difference between Bjornshoj and Bager?
Je kunt alles wat je wilt, als je maar oefent

SPL

Bericht door SPL » wo aug 22, 2012 5:53 pm

an experienced player for free seems a good buy but why 2 years when he is aged 32 .

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » wo aug 22, 2012 8:03 pm

Can hopefully shop him next year while he is still under contract and get something . That is , unless his form is impressive and we let him play through his deal . I like the experience of Moisander and Poulsen .
"Buy the ticket, take the ride".
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » wo aug 22, 2012 9:02 pm

SPL schreef:an experienced player for free seems a good buy but why 2 years when he is aged 32 .
I'm pretty sure that this was his demand.

EDIT - AFAIK we didn't have to pay a transfer fee so it is somewhat on the cheap side.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Blind3
Contacteer:

Re: Christian Bager Poulsen

Bericht door Blind3 » do aug 23, 2012 12:22 am

From AN :

Confirmation: Christian Poulsen signs for 2 seasons with Ajax

August 22, 2012 Ajax.nl

Ajax have reached agreement with Christian Bager Poulsen. The agreement is subject to administrative and medical processing. The transfer free player then draws a contract in Amsterdam with a duration of two years, until
Poulsen was born on February 28, 1980 in Asnæs, Denmark.

Last season, played defensive midfielder for the French Evian Thonon Gaillard FC. Previously, the former Danish international asset for Liverpool FC, ​​Juventus FC, ​​Sevilla FC, ​​FC Schalke 04 and FC Copenhagen.

"We are very pleased with his choice to come and play with Ajax, for he could to several clubs in Europe'', explains Ajax's director of football matters. ,, Midfielder Christian Poulsen is the type that corrects and keeps sharp bunch. A leader, both inside and outside the field. And that we can help our young group of good use. '

Overmars:,, He's just in Denmark but yesterday he was here with his wife. I have the facilities at our training facility Future show and of course the ArenA. They have also been in and around Amsterdam looked at houses and visited a school. "

, Poulsen has in recent years a lot of experience gained at international level, both clubs in the big leagues and tournaments on multiple end with the Danish national team, where he played almost 100 matches and was often captain. He has already thanked the Danish union, to take 100% of the club football to focus. That is also an advantage for Ajax. "

'The coming days will be handled everything and it is intended that he as soon as possible to the group adds .
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do aug 23, 2012 12:27 am

From AN :

Poulsen: Ajax is a very special club, nice to be a part of it may make

August 22, 2012

Christian Poulsen responded opposite the Danish Sporten.dk for the first time on the announcement of his move to Ajax. "It is an enormous challenge. Ajax is a club with a huge history and a great reputation. I'm really looking forward to going to Amsterdam and 50,000 fans to play. I was there yesterday to talk with the coach. the whole atmosphere at the club proves that it is a wonderful club. Ajax is a very special club, historically. I'm glad I was part of disqualified. "

"The coach believes that the team is very young and there routine is needed. The players with the most experience are sold. There was therefore a need for the young team. I think it's good to be with the young Danes to play, "he gave the veteran to the quota Danes at Ajax."
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do aug 23, 2012 1:35 am

Christian Poulsen in his own words : http://youtu.be/3V-P0uj0hhE
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » do aug 23, 2012 9:03 am

I hope he's still genuinely motivated to play and not just collecting a little more money for his retirement days. I believe he is motivated and stays true to his way of giving everything on the field. And we know that de Boer woudn't stand for it if he would start to play sluggish. I think this was a good signing especially when it was a free transfer. We also need the experience.
"We're on a mission from God."

orange goblin
Contacteer:

Bericht door orange goblin » do aug 23, 2012 11:47 am

Has always been a discussed, controversial player.
Here there's an interesting read from his Liverpool days.
The writer explains why he is so important as a team player. with statistics.
As I said before, if he's fit is a good signing. both for inside and outside the pitch, and remember we have always enoh.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/soccer/david-b ... all-wrong/

ps: oh yes, I think in games like feyenoord, pisvee or kutrecht he can be very important.
can't wait to see him fighting and kick the shit out from van bommel :drecul.gif:
O tempora o mores

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » do aug 23, 2012 4:31 pm

No question that our mf just grew a set of fangs. I quite like that. Not all - in with bandage on his head, like Jan van Halst , but very happy our spine just got infused with steel. National team caliber steel at that !!
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

Blind3
Contacteer:

Bericht door Blind3 » vr aug 24, 2012 1:38 am

Medical successful on Thursday. The BA(D)GER is officially ours.
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

"Our albums are junk"
Keith Moon

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mei 02, 2014 11:36 am

Thought I would find his thread to post he is leaving.Just been announced. No idea what he is going to do he says returning to Denmark would mean retirement so maybe he is looking for one more club.

Anyway he has been a good signing and we benefited from his experience.I would like to have seen him for for 1 more year but he cannot play twice a week and more often comes on for the last 20 or 30 mins.So maybe having had Ooijer for 2years and Poulsen for 2 we will find another experienced player to sign.

Anyway a big thanks for this fine pro who has had a good effect on the youngsters.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr mei 02, 2014 12:07 pm

I was hoping he would stay on for another season maybe as a player/coach. He's a really smart player and I suspect he will end up being a manager at some point in the future.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » za mei 03, 2014 9:34 am

He's been pretty important for us at times. Anyone who can play that position the way he does and only pick up one or two yellow cards in two seasons definitely has brains.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » za mei 03, 2014 10:36 am

He really did well by us. The importance of a 'wise old hand' for a young team cannot be overstated. I wish him the best in whatever he chooses for his future

pizza 5

Bericht door pizza 5 » ma mei 05, 2014 8:59 pm

Best wishes and thanks to CP, I still remember the kicking he gave Van Bommell.......good work fella.
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.....

Dubbel
AT EC 2012 winner

Bericht door Dubbel » ma mei 05, 2014 9:59 pm

Chris did real well at Ajax. Fit into the club nicely also. Hate to see him go. Any ideas on who might be able to replace him on the team?

Amol

Bericht door Amol » ma mei 05, 2014 10:32 pm

Thanks Christian! We really needed the help when Anita decided to run away to Newcastle.

You have certainly helped bridge the gap until Frank finally figured out he could use Blind at the DM spot.

Plaats reactie