Young Ajax in the Jupiler League

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: Young Ajax in the Jupiler League

Bericht door SPL » di feb 21, 2023 2:17 pm

Talk of contracts with next season in mind we have ,as well as Fitz-Jim,Misehouy and Vos , several others with contracts to 2024.

Gooijer is making strides,Milovanovic and Jermoumi have had injuries and these with goalies De Graaff and Kremers will still be here. 3 remaining players likely to go, Martha, is not good enough and Warmerdam also wont make it with us. Rasmussen may get an extension and a loan to another Eredivisie club for a season but we did not do this with Hansen.I dont think he is good enough to make it with us so he should go on loan.

I am interested to see what happens with our U18 squad as at present only the Belgium MF Muzambo has moved up to Young since the winter break.He has been injured since then and although the best player at U18 I only see him getting subs games for the rest of the season.
U18 seem to have lots of MF and defenders ,none special other than Muzambo. Up front Kalokoh a winger has promise but the striker Boerhout is small for a striker, does score goals but is not a future 1st teamer. Vink ,the 16 year old striker ,who broke a leg before Christmas is the best striking prospect.

That my thoughts.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr feb 24, 2023 8:10 pm

Just started away to Willem 11 .

C Setford,Gooijer,Aertssen,Warmerdam,Baas,Vos,Hlynsson,Godts,Martha,Banel,V A Dongen.

Subs T Setford,Jermoumi,Delgardo,Brandes,Hansen,Muzambo

F-Jim,Regeer and Hato all just returned from Berlin are not picked. Brandes a MF has been injured nearly all seson and finally fit. Milovanovic and 3rd goalie Kremers are still injured, out since last year.De Graaff,Misehouy and Rasmussen,all missing v MVV are still out,no idea if they are injured.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr feb 24, 2023 10:09 pm

Only lost 2-1 against Willem .They went 2-0 up after 25 mins but Hlynsson got our only goal just before HT.

V A Dongen again only got 45 mins having come back from injury ,Hansen replacing him . On the hour Muzambo for Martha and Jermoumi for Baas. For the last 10 mins Godts, making his debut was replaced by Delgardo.

PS. No one on Ajax Showtime knew why Rasmussen ,Misehouy or De Graaff were missing . At least Young Utrecht lost so we are 16th ,still 8 points ahead of Utrecht at the bottom.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 06, 2023 8:12 pm

About to play Top Oss at home and they are 19th so hopefully we can win .

C Setford,Regeer,Aertssen,Hato,Baas,Vos,Fitz-Jim,Hlynsson,Conceicao,Lucca, V A Dongen

subs T Setford,Jermoumi,Delgardo,Warmerdam,Martha,Banel,Godts

This is strong lineup.Hato is a CD so is now playing in his proper position. Misehouy has an injury and I assume Rasmussen has one also.Hansen sadly not even on the bench ,he is not renewing his contract and the club seem to have given up on him.Gooijer who has played recently ,played for U19 in Lisbon and then played for our u18 on Saturday.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 06, 2023 10:17 pm

Another defeat 2-1 against Oss , who were 17 th and a place behind us but now above us.We are 17th on 28 , Den Bosch Dordrecht and bottom Utrecht on 20 below us. We do look poor on results and could finish 19 th with Utrecht hopefully bottom.

We were 2-0 down after 57 but V A Dongen got ours on 61.We had several very good chances but ended up losing. Warmerdam and Godts came on for Vos and Aertssen on 65 and V A Dongen went off about 73 for Banel.
There was no live tv so no streams , I followed comments on Showtime and they were really laying in to Lucca who they rated as rubbish.No surprise ,no idea what a limited footballer like this is doing at our club. He does not perform when with Young and frankly we should not bother playing him at Young again.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di mar 07, 2023 3:35 am

I just watched the highlights. Both covered goals were because of sloppy defending. Conceicso had some good crosses that were missed.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di mar 07, 2023 2:40 pm

Just watched the highlights and defending on both goals was poor but their 2nd looked offside and I would put money on VAR disallowing it . We did create a few chances and we really should be winning games like this.

Seeing V A Dongen starting should mean he is still looking to renew his contract but Setford is the only fit Young Ajax goalie. If they dropped him only 16 year old younger brother Tommy is available. Hansen, as I said, is off and wont get much more playing time.

Eindhoven away on Friday and so Conceicao,Lucca Fitz-Jim and Hato probably wont play .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mar 10, 2023 8:17 pm

Away to Eindhoven game started

C Setford,Regeer,Aertssen,Warmerdam,Gooijer,Hlynsson,Vos,Fitz-Jim,Martha, Banel Godts

subs T Setford,Jermoumi,Delgardo,Brandes,V A Dongen,Hansen,Muzambo.

No Hato or Baas so 1st team squad for Sunday but Regeer and Fitz-Jim playing .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mar 10, 2023 10:10 pm

Thrashed 5-1 . We did get a goal by Hlynsson on 31 to make it 1-1 but they ran away with the game and Hlynsson missed a penalty at 4-1 .

Regeer and Fitz-Jim replaced after 60mins so will be sitting on the bench on Sunday,Jermoumi and Hansen subs .Delgardo for Vos on 70 and Muzambo for Godts on 82 also used. V A Dongen gets no minutes .

NAC on Monday but lucky that Den Bosch and Dordrecht lost and Young Utrecht postponed so we are still 17th and 8 off the bottom. We are very poor this season and 19th place hopefully just above Utrecht looks likely.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » vr mar 10, 2023 10:54 pm

I will eagerly wait for the highlights, or the low lights is maybe more appropriate. This team really has problems defending and they concede lots of cheap goals. One wonders whether any of these players can make it to the first team.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za mar 11, 2023 2:41 pm

I watched the Jong Ajax match highlights last night and the defense was non-existent on every one of the Eindhoven goals. There was just a lack of organization which is quite troubling. I felt bad for Charlie Setford.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mar 11, 2023 8:31 pm

I watched the highlights and agree defence was very poor. Setford probably should have stopped the 4th and 5th goals. This season clearly Jong Ajax and Utrecht are going to be at the bottom and are not actually good enough for the league this season.We have a far too younger side mostly teenagers who are not ready.It wont change much next season as most of the u18 squad are very average.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 13, 2023 8:24 pm

Playing NAC tonight and already we are 1-0 up warmerdam after 4mins .

Line up C Setford,Regeer,Warmerdam,Hato,Baas,Fitz-Jim,Vos,Hlynsson,Conceicao,Lucca,V A Dongen

subs T Setford,Jermoumi, Gooijer,Aertssen,Delgardo,Hansen,Banel,Martha,Godts

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 13, 2023 8:29 pm

Blimey we are 3-0 up ,V A Dongen on 17 and Baas on 21 , a bit like yesterday but being Jong Ajax we could lose 4-3!!

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma mar 13, 2023 8:58 pm

4-0 at the half; they must be doing something right.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 13, 2023 10:00 pm

Finished 6-2 , Lucca the 4th on 34 ,Conceicao on 51 and Regeer on 86 the others ,a great result .Only subs Godts for V A Dongen on 58 and Gooijer for Hlynsson on 80. A much needed win at last.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mar 17, 2023 2:07 pm

Playing Almere tonight , and they are up near the top and we will likely put out a slightly weaker side. I have family round tonight so wont catch up the game until after it is over.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mar 17, 2023 7:06 pm

line up tonight v Almere
De Graaff,Aertssen,Vos,Warmerdam,Hato,Fitz-Jim,Hlynsson,Godts,Martha,Banel,Hansen

subs Kremers,Jermoumi,Delgardo,Brandes,VA Dongen,Muzambo

Baas and Regeer with the 1st but they wont get playing time there so should be playing tonight. No Charlie Setford,does that mean he has said no to a new contract.V A Dongen started on Monday so will just come on as sub , Ajax are just gradually bringing him back after a long injury.I still think he will sign an extension with us.

Will check the final score but cannot start following the game as my son and daughter-in -law are coming for the evening. I would predict a defeat tonight as Almere are in form and chasing promotion.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mar 17, 2023 11:38 pm

No surprise we lost 2-0. Godts got sent off after 53 for 2 yellows but Almere were already 2-0 up.subs used Delgardo and Jermoumi for Vos and Hato at HT and V A Dongen and Muzambo for F-Jim and Hansen after 63 .Brandes for Banel on 80 making his debut for Jong after a long injury this season.

A 2 week break now .

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma apr 03, 2023 7:49 pm

Playing at home to Dordrecht at present and Vos has already made it 1-0 . Dordrecht are currently 19th ,4 points behind so I would like to think we could win !!

De Graaff,Jermoumi,Aertssen,Warmerdam,Gooijer,Fitz-Jim,Hlynsson,Vos,Martha, Banel,V A Dongen

subs Kremers,Delgardo,Misehouy,Brandes,Hansen,Muzambo

Rasmussen still injured and assume Hato and Reeger with the 1st for the Cup but Fitz-Jim is playing tonight. No idea where Charlie Setford is , could be injured although nothing on his contract extension so maybe he is leaving .V A Dongen hopefully will stay as he is still starting again tonight.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma apr 03, 2023 9:19 pm

We won 4-1 .After Vos getting the first they pulled it back to 1-1 then Jermoumi made it 2-1 on 41 .Aertssen on 79 and Vos on 93 completed the win.

Only subs Muzambo for Gooijer on 63 and Delgardo for V A Dongen on 77.Hansen getting no playing time suggests he is off.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr apr 07, 2023 8:05 pm

Playing Telstar at present and we are 1-0 up at Ht Martha on 28.

Line up De Graaff,Jermoumi,Aertssen,Warmerdam ,Gooijer,Vos,Hlynsson,Fitz-Jim,Martha,Banel,Godts

subs Kremers,Delgardo,Misehouy,Brandes,Hansen,Muzambo

Hope that V A Dongen is missing as he is in the 1st team squad,with Kudus out.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr apr 07, 2023 10:02 pm

A 3-2 win ,thats 2 on the bounce. Martha,Fitz-Jim and Misehouy the scorers. subs Delgardo and Muzambo for Godts and F-JIm on 63,Misehouy for Gooijer and Brandes for Martha.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma apr 17, 2023 7:16 pm

playing at home v Jong PSV just Ko'd

De Graaff,Regeer,Aertssen,Warmerdam,Gooijer,Vos, Hlynsson,Misehouy,Conceicao,Lucca, Godts

subs,Kremers,Reverson(U18 goalie),Jermoumi,Delgardo,Brandes,Rasmussen,Martha,Banel,Muzambo

From what I gather on Showtime posts V A Dongen is injured, Fitz-Jim is suspended.Hansen is leaving on a free( Burnley ,back in the EPL want him but we dont!!!). Charlie Setford is not injured so ,like Hansen seems to have turned down a contract.

Tommy Setford played a lot of minutes last week in the Futures Cup and only played 45 mins on Saturday for U18 so they are resting him ,hence U18 no 2 goalie Reverson is on the bench.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma apr 17, 2023 9:08 pm

An amazing 5-4 win by Ajax , Conceicao with 2, Lucca Godts 1 each and an OG .subs used Jermoumi,Delgardo and Martha for Regeer,Vos and Conceicao just after the 60 mins with Rasmussen, back after injury for Gooijer and Muzambo for Misehouy in the last 20 mins.

3rd win in a row and next game Jong Utrecht ,who are bottom.

Plaats reactie