Young Ajax in the Jupiler League

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

SPL

Re: Young Ajax in the Jupiler League

Bericht door SPL » vr feb 15, 2019 6:40 pm

Away to FC Eindhoven tonight 20.00 CET. no tv . My son and new girlfriend are coming round so I might just post something much later on.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za feb 16, 2019 12:46 pm

Last night we drew 1-1 in Eindhoven.They scored early on and Pereira got ours 10mins from time.

Team Kotarski,Dest,Schuurs,Botman,J.Timber(Bakboord 46),Ter Heide,de Wit,Jensen (Traore 62),Lang,Pereira,
Kuhn(Thetani 76)

subs unused v Bladeren,Solomons,Bakker,Nunnely.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr feb 22, 2019 7:58 pm

About to play Telstar away ,no tv as usual so no streams

Kotarski,Dest,Schuurs,Botman, J.Timber,de Wit,Gravenberch, Jensen,Cerny,Traore,Kuhn

subs v Bladeren,Bakboord,Ter Heide,Nunnely,Lang,Pereira,Solomons,Thetani,Pasquali.

Bakker no longer a sub ,dont think he will be considered again as he has signed for PSG.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr feb 22, 2019 10:00 pm

2-0 win tonight nice goals from Traore on 74 and Pereira on 86 .Pereira had come on as sub for Kuhn only 3 mins early .
cricfree started a stream at HT so I watched the 2nd half.
Both goalscorers looked lively up front and Lang,the only other sub for Jensen on 66, looks far better in MF than on the wing.The defence was caught on the counter a couple of times but they are all teenagers and Timber is not a LB but a right footed CD who can play RB.

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » vr feb 22, 2019 10:21 pm

is it me or does Traore score a lot? Do you think he might take a chance with the first team, before the end of the season?
May the Force be with you

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za feb 23, 2019 1:13 am

souras84 schreef:is it me or does Traore score a lot?
Well, earlier this week he scored 2 goals in a friendly against AZ.
souras84 schreef:Do you think he might take a chance with the first team, before the end of the season?
Will see how quick they launch him. He had the reputation of being one of the biggest talents of the world in his age category.

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » za feb 23, 2019 2:25 pm

I wonder if Traore's signing was a factor in sending Serhuis to Groningen?
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mar 01, 2019 10:30 pm

2-2 draw tonight v Den Bosch , Lang both goals.

Kotarski,Dest,Schuurs,Botman,J.Timber,Gravenberch(T Heide 63),Jensen, Lang(Pereira 78),Cerny( Nunnely 78),Traore,
Kuhn.

subs unused El Maach,Pasquali,Bakker,Bakboord,Solomons,Thetani

Been out as its my wife's birthday so didn't watch or follow it as usual.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 11, 2019 12:48 pm

Home to Jong AZ tonight can we put a side out.Dest,J Timber,Jensen,Kuhn plus Nunnely ,Ter Heide Botman all going
to Lyon for tomorrows U19CL match.Schuurs by being a sub yesterday cannot play. We will see u19 reserve players on the bench!

The other 9 games in this round were played on Friday cannot understand why Ajax could not have asked for this to be played then.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 11, 2019 7:43 pm

Playing Jong AZ 20.00CET KO its on tv so streams.

Schuurs and de Wit can play even though they were 1st team subs yesterday.( If you are a sub for the 1sts on a Saturday or Sunday you cannot play for Jong on the Monday but you can if its against one of the 3 other Jong sides).

Kotarski,Bakboord,Schuurs,Solomons,Bakker,Gravenberch,de Wit,Lang,Cerny,Traore,Pereira. A decent enough side.

Subs v Bladeren,Kemper,Pasquali,Aberkane,Ekkelenkamp,Thetani.

Bakker playing again but only spare left footed defender is Kemper who is returning having been injured since the winter break.Aberkane is a right sided defender but not a regular U19 player

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 11, 2019 10:06 pm

Finished 1-1 ,I watched the game but not very exciting . Their goal ,on 65, came when we tried to use the offside trap but failed . 4 mins later a nice cross ,think it was Cerny and a lovely header by Noa Lang for our goal.

de Wit went off after 5 mins injured and Pasquali came on and didn't do too bad. Thetani replaced Gravenberch at HT and Ekkelenkamp finally came on for Pereira on72.

Schuurs had a reasonable game , Lang looks lively and good going forward although he did seem to have problems at times keeping on his feet.The front 3 offered little, have to say Cerny is not going to make it . Pereira used as a left winger but he is a striker .

Savastano and Bergsma , both ex Jong Ajax played for Jong AZ

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mar 15, 2019 8:25 pm

Playing Top Oss but no tv or streams.

Kotarski,Bakboord,Schuurs,Botman,Kemper,Ekkelenkamp,Gravenberch,Jensen,Cerny,Traore,Kuhn

subs. v Bladeren,Solomons,T Heide,Thetani,Nunnely,Pereira,Bakker

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mar 15, 2019 10:12 pm

2-1 defeat all goals in 2nd half ,they went 2 up then Traore pulled one back . subs Ter Heide for Ekkelenkamp on 60,Bakker for Kemper on 65,Pereira for Gravenberch on 72.

Traore at just 18 scoring very easily at this level seems destined for 1st .

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za mar 16, 2019 1:04 pm

SPL schreef:2-1 defeat all goals in 2nd half ,they went 2 up then Traore pulled one back .

You are not making the note that in only 2 minutes Top Oss scored two times? Both goals by Bryan Smeets, that same guy that scored for De Graafschap in the dramatic final game of 2016 when Ajax threw away the Eredivisie title in Doetinchem? :smile-ajax.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mar 16, 2019 2:01 pm

Just watched Top Oss's 2nd goal from last night by Smeets ,he was in his own half on the edge of the centre circle and with the wind behind he took a hugh kick towards our goal it bounced over Kotarski's head into the net . Incredible goal and very similar to the one Lyon U19 scored on Tuesday.

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » za mar 16, 2019 2:15 pm

SPL schreef:Just watched Top Oss's 2nd goal from last night by Smeets ,he was in his own half on the edge of the centre circle and with the wind behind he took a hugh kick towards our goal it bounced over Kotarski's head into the net . Incredible goal and very similar to the one Lyon U19 scored on Tuesday.

Yup.
Very rare stuff.

Today also very windy in The Netherlands but I can't see why that would be a reason to cancel U19 and U16 games. :confused.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 25, 2019 12:33 pm

Playing Jong Utrecht tonight at home and its on TV. Because of various Ints I make only 9 players from the Jong squad available and that includes 2 goalies !

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 25, 2019 7:31 pm

20.00 CET v Jong Utrecht Its on Tv so streams shown on cricfree.

El Maach,V Gelderen,Solomons,Musampa,Douglas,Llansana,Ter Heide,Q.Timber,Thetani,Dostanic,Cerny

Subs not listed yet but they are trying to find some 15 year olds to fill the bench.

This game is a joke . I thought 9 Jong squad but only 5 are playing. Pasquali is in Australia but Pereira and Kemper who played the first team friendly last week are not included,both evidently injured.

Lucky that Oranje U18 only had the one game this week as v Gelderen,Llansana,Q Timber and Musampa all played in the int . Musampa,Douglas and Dostanic all U19's are not contracted and Dostanic is only a sub for U19.

I will still watch this game or follow it rather than watch England play . Football I am 100% Ajax and at International level my blood is pure Oranje.

PS subs v Bladeren, plus the following all regular U19 subs Aberkane ,Maddy ,Sint,Abid,and King who rarely makes the U19 bench. (V Bladeren and Aberkane are contracted the other 4 are not)

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » ma mar 25, 2019 9:20 pm

It will be interesting to see how El Maach does at this level. He showed some very good reactions in the youth CL matches and perhaps will make it into the first team as keeper. I don't think we have had a home grown keeper since Vermeer.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma mar 25, 2019 10:09 pm

Finished 3-3, have to say watched most of it and a very poor standard. Dostanic and Cerny scored in the first 10 mins but in the 2nd half our football dropped off and we let in 3 weak goals due to zero defending .Q.Timber scored a lovely goal though.

Poor Douglas went off injured after 20mins of his debut due to injury ,Aberkane came on . Only other sub Maddy for the woeful Thetani on 75.

v Gelderen ,Llansana and Timber all have promise but are 1st year u19's like Musampa .Dostanic, a Dutch lad signed last summer from Excelsior, scored a lovely goal but has played little for U19 as he was only 17 end of December. El Maach not that good with their goals.Very ordinary tonight.

Cerny apart from his goal and set up the first was ordinary and really isn't going to make our first team. Finally Ter Heide and the 2 xSA Thetani and Solomons , how on earth have they got contracts?

As for Jong Utrecht ,bottom of the table ,why are they playing in this league ? We had 15 out on Int duty and 3 others injured .We had a bunch of U19 kids and they could not beat us.

rjf1

Bericht door rjf1 » di mar 26, 2019 3:17 pm

Orange14 schreef:It will be interesting to see how El Maach does at this level. He showed some very good reactions in the youth CL matches and perhaps will make it into the first team as keeper. I don't think we have had a home grown keeper since Vermeer.
From what I saw on the highlights video, I don't think he's good enough for Jong, much less the first team.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mar 29, 2019 7:49 pm

Away to NEC tonight ,its on tv and ko 20.00 CET

El Maach,Dest,Schuurs,Botman,J.Timber,Ekkelenkamp,Jensen,Gravenberch,Cerny,Traore,Kuhn.

Apart from Kotarski for El Maach thats the strongest team from the Jong squad we can put out.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr mar 29, 2019 10:03 pm

We won 2-1, Cerny on 23 made it 1-1 and then Traore on 89 a late winner.We were a bit lucky they were down to 10 men for final 30mins.

I had a poor stream, kept freezing ,so only watched about half the game ,we had a few good chances which we wasted.

2 subs ,Nunnely for Kuhn on 63 and Ter Heide for Jensen for the last 5 or 6mins.

unused subs v Bladeren,Bakker,Pasquali,Solomons,Thetani,Bakboord,Kemper. Some of the starting 11 wont make it with us but none of the subs will!

souras84

Bericht door souras84 » vr mar 29, 2019 10:56 pm

Could Traore be our next striker? I can't see Dolberg finding his old form and should be sold.
May the Force be with you

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za mar 30, 2019 8:46 pm

Peter on the Dutch site gives an overview of last night's players . Any dutch guy on here thank Peter,google translate
is brilliant .

Gravenberch and Traore look like first teamers in the making and Timber I think promising for a 17 year old and he is not a left back but plays there as Bakker is off to PSG reserves and wont get picked.

Only point I would make of last nights starting 11 is that 9 of them are still able to play for U19's just Schuurs and
Cerny are too old.

Plaats reactie