Young Ajax in the Jupiler League

News and discussion

Moderators: ajaxusa, Kowalczyk, mods

Kowalczyk
Moderator English Section
Contacteer:

Young Ajax in the Jupiler League

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jun 26, 2013 1:40 pm

The start of the 2013-2014 season will be a milestone for Young Ajax: the Ajax reserves no longer play in the Beloftencompetitie ('Talent League', as the reserves league in Holland is called), but in the Jupiler League, the second level of professional football in The Netherlands.

This seems an appropriate moment to close the old Young Ajax thread and start a new one for the 'Jupiler era'.

Young Ajax will play their very first Jupiler League fixture at home, at De Toekomst, on Saturday 03 August, against Telstar.

Here's a list of Young Ajax's Jupiler League fixtures.

K.
Still alive...

pizza 5

Re: Young Ajax in the Jupiler League

Bericht door pizza 5 » do jun 27, 2013 1:26 pm

I saw this when I had a look at the new seasons fixtures. How has it happened that Jong Ajax/PSV/Twente have all jumped into this division? I will definitely try to pick up some games when I am over and here's hoping the stiffs can get promoted and play the first team in a league match.
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.....

Pride of Amsterdam
AT Toto Admin

Bericht door Pride of Amsterdam » ma jul 01, 2013 8:51 am

They cannot promote to the first league pizza 5.

Some of the amateur teams didn't want to make the step to the Jupiler League. (second league) The KNVB decided that the way was open for 2 youth-teams. FC Twente and Ajax, because of their results of the last 5 years. When another amateurteam decided they didn't want togo pro yet, PSV had the chance to join as well.

One of the rules is that they can't promote to the Eredivisie.
Op naar de vierde ster!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jul 23, 2013 8:27 pm

They lost 5-3 to Topklasse team Rijnsburgse Boys yesterday . Schmitz the goalie was sent off after 70 mins at 3-3 .Wont list the players ,18 used but Bazoer deKamps and Lukoki scored.Javier Martina an old boy scored for them.

I believe they are one of the best topklasse teams and probably would be more than good enough for the Jupiler league

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » di jul 23, 2013 9:09 pm

That's true, Rijnsburgse Boys is one of the best teams in the Topklasse. A few years ago I was in Rijnsburg to attend a KNVB Beker game between Rijnsburgse Boys and former Jupiler League team RBC Roosendaal and Rijnsburgse Boys won the match quite easy.

Of course you hope Jong Ajax are able to compete with them, but hey this is still summer practice. Matches like these are part of the job.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » di jul 23, 2013 11:41 pm

SPL schreef:I believe they are one of the best topklasse teams and probably would be more than good enough for the Jupiler league
Yes, they would easily be mid-table in the Jupiler League.

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za jul 27, 2013 2:43 pm

Drew 1-1 v Almere today .Honer scored the goal.Reports says Bazoer went off with a hamstring injury ,hope its not too bad.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma jul 29, 2013 5:16 pm

Just posted it here but our reserve 1st teamers played a friendly v Willem Tilburg yesterday morning at de Toekomst behind closed doors.

Ajax won 3-1 with V d Horn Serero and Sana scoring.

Line up Cillessen,Ligeon,V d Horn,Denswil, Boilesen,Klaassen,Poulsen,Serero,Sana,Hoesen de Sa .No subs used so Boilesen and Klaassen after long term injuries played a full 90 mins again.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di jul 30, 2013 6:23 pm

Final pre season friendly last night with Jong Ajax drawing 0-0 with topklasse team Noordwijk. About 20 players used . They must have about 30 players to choose from in addition to the spare first teamers like Ligeon Denswil Klaassen who will likely be involved initially .

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jul 31, 2013 2:06 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Young Ajax will play their very first Jupiler League fixture at home, at De Toekomst, on Saturday 03 August, against Telstar.
This is no longer correct, by the way. It's now Monday 05 August, 20:00 CET. I'll be there. Looking forward to seeing the re-vamped De Toekomst and watching Young Ajax's first ever league game in the Jupiler League. It's a historic moment, no matter how you look at it.

K.
Still alive...

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo jul 31, 2013 2:06 pm

Kowalczyk schreef:Young Ajax will play their very first Jupiler League fixture at home, at De Toekomst, on Saturday 03 August, against Telstar.
This is no longer correct, by the way. It's now Monday 05 August, 20:00 CET. I'll be there. Looking forward to seeing the re-vamped De Toekomst and watching Young Ajax's first ever league game in the Jupiler League. It's a historic moment, no matter how you look at it.

K.
Still alive...

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » vr aug 02, 2013 10:29 am

Kowalczyk schreef:

K.
This post from you really convinced me Menno! :biggthumpup.gif:

About a week and also a couple of days ago I was still thinking about prefering my Monday night training above this one. I thought Telstar at home, not the dream game to start with. Also the fact that the match will be in the Amsterdam Arena instead of De Toekomst was a pity for me. I thought Telstar away, a trip to IJmuiden that would have been really nice. I'm also looking forward to visit both league matches against Sparta Rotterdam.

But hey... this really is creating new Ajax History. We're talking about nothing less than that.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » vr aug 02, 2013 10:35 am

Indeed: the new little stadium at De Toekomst is not finished just yet, so Monday's game against Telstar will be played at the ArenA instead.

Which means I'm not going. Don't fancy a reserves game in front of 1,200 people at such a huge stadium.

K.
Still alive...

Cruijff
AT Toto winner 14/15

Bericht door Cruijff » vr aug 02, 2013 10:59 am

What happened to this is Ajax history? ?

Now it will be 1,199 instead of 1,200. :666.gif: Or perhaps you just prefer to avoid me? :ajaxsmiley.gif:

SPL

Bericht door SPL » ma aug 05, 2013 10:17 pm

first game and Ajax won 2-0 with Lucas Andersen scoring 2 well taken goals.The game was shown live and I watched most of it Hoesen missed a few chances. A very strong lineup and to be fair if Ajax released them all I doubt whether of the starting 11 would be playing Jupiler league level.

Cillessen,Ligeon,Veltman, Denswil Tete,Bazoer, Serero, Klaassen de Sa Hoesen,Andersen with subs de Kamps for Bazoer,Honer for de Sa and Sporkslede for Veltman. Andersen started on the left wing swapped to right later on and also came into the middle .If Eriksen leaves I wonder whether we would play him as attacking MF? The back 4 all looked comfortable with 17 year old Tete playing left back and not his usual RB .Bazoer in central midfield impressed for a 16 year old.

I believe TV will show quite a few live games although once we get well into the season we wont see such a strong lineup and there will be alot stronger opposition.

NB Veltman went off late and reports suggest he has a knee injury which may be bad and could be out for months .

King Litti

Bericht door King Litti » di aug 06, 2013 11:24 am

SPL schreef:first game and Ajax won 2-0 with Lucas Andersen scoring 2 well taken goals.
He showed some nice technique in the first one. Fine little "Cruyff turn": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88Cx0dq8YNo
"We're on a mission from God."

Orange14

Bericht door Orange14 » di aug 06, 2013 12:28 pm

SPL schreef: NB Veltman went off late and reports suggest he has a knee injury which may be bad and could be out for months .
The update I just read on Ajax1.nl says it's not a cruciate tear which would have put him out for a long time but a real bad sprain or even a partial tear of something. Stated that he might be out for as much as two months. I guess we will have to wait and see further medical statements on this one. Too bad as he's really a promising player who can also fill in at right fullback.
Appie Nouri will forever be remembered for his grace and humanity on and off the pitch!

SPL

Bericht door SPL » di aug 06, 2013 6:53 pm

I hope Veltman's injury is not too bad ,he looked very good last night.

Kowalczyk
Contacteer:

Bericht door Kowalczyk » wo aug 07, 2013 11:24 am

SPL schreef:I hope Veltman's injury is not too bad ,he looked very good last night.
Doesn't look good, from what I've heard. It is feared that he'll be out for months...

Good player indeed. Very good defender, typical Ajax defender too (as in: footballer first, defender second), but a very good defender nonetheless. A Dutchman in our 'Belgian tradition' (Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Toby A.).

K.
Still alive...

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr aug 09, 2013 12:20 pm

Veltman's injury is not so bad and he is expected to be out for 2 months max.

Jong play Oss tonight and its not on TV.As players can not play for both 1st team and Jong in the same weekend there will be changes tonight as Hoesen Serero Cillessen Denswil will all be on the bench Sunday for the 1sts.

Note they used to be called Top Oss and last week Telstar used to be Stormvogels Telstar . Shame they dropped the names.

SPL

Bericht door SPL » za aug 10, 2013 3:06 pm

A 2-0 defeat at Oss last night . We put out a weaker team than last week with an all defensive midfield ie V d Hart, Tete( 45 Lobotka) ,Gravenberch (45 Nieuwpoort), Denswil, Boilesen, Sporkslede,De Kamps,Bazoer, de Sa ,Sana, Honer( 75 Hendriks).

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr aug 16, 2013 6:55 pm

Playing at MVV tonight Ko in 10 mins and its live on Fox Sports .

Firstrow.org are showing it .

V d Hart

Tete, Sporkslede, Denswil,Nieuwpoort

Bazoer, de Kamps, Klaassen

de Sa, Honer,Meneg

subs Schmitz,Kuipers,Lazic, el Hasnaoui,Lobotka,Hendriks,Vermeij.

Tom_

Bericht door Tom_ » vr aug 16, 2013 7:54 pm

So, if Hoesen, Sana and Cillessen are missing from Jong Ajax tonight we expect them to be on the bench against Feyenoord, I guess?

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr aug 16, 2013 9:04 pm

1-0 defeat with MVV scoring a penalty after 70 mins,Tete clumsy tackle having already given the ball away in his half.

will post some comments in an hour ,Tv prog to watch

SPL

Bericht door SPL » vr aug 16, 2013 10:19 pm

Not a great performance and we did enough to at least share the points however Tete having given the ball away in his half then brought the MVV player down with a clumsy tackle and we were 1-0 down . We created a few chances but in the 2nd half only really stirred after the penalty .

Apart from Tete the other defenders were ok and Sporkslede and Denswil in the centre of defence both looked good to me.
Bazoer in defensive midfield looks a good prospect at 16 and Klassen had a decent game and could have scored . de Sa was better in the 2nd half when he played on his natural right wing and can cross a ball. Meneg played right wing but did not do a lot and Lazic replaced him at HT. Honer did not impress me and Vermeij ,who replaced him for the last 20 minutes looked the livelier forward . Lobotka replaced Bazoer mid 2nd half and looks like he may develop ok.

The team is very young with no experience and will come up against some decent teams with experienced players but playing at this level is alot higher than the old reserve league and they should develop and learn quicker .

When Andersen and Hoesen play I think goals will come easier but Andersen imo will spend more and more time with the 1st .

Plaats reactie